Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: (2771 Views)

Opinion: Money Is Not a Necessary Ingredient in ATTRACTING a Lady. / How Do I Collect Back The Money I Spent On My Gf?(advice Needed) / Naija Girls In Naija Are Money Grabbers And Niaja Girls Abroad Too Clingy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by britgirlee(f): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2010
Hi Guys

Is this the new trend or evolution romance gone mad

Why is it both men and women look for the status and financial status of a potential partner,

the new trend , you don't have financial influence you don't get me??

Its about the car, the clothes, the wealth and what goodies you can get me,

Ok, its more evident in women then men no matter what background they come from, rich , middle class,

Its a dying shame when another woman/man walks up the aisle with a partner YOU know in real life they wouldn't be seen dead in a dark corner, but they are confessing undying LOVE undecided kiss

your views please, smiley

1 Like

Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by googles: 10:24am On Aug 21, 2010

clichéd
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by yme1(f): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2010
okay i agree Money is not everything but money is all
do you think most of this blissing relationship you see can last that long without the money?
sure money cant buy LOVE,TRUST,SINCERITY and blah blah blah,but believe me money runs so many shows in a relationship
make we all forget abt all that trash talk about A GUY DONT NEED TO HAVE CASH BEFORE HE CAN GET ME that one nah long tory
my dear why dont you get married to a broke a. .ss guy and at the same time you are broke,arguing will become the order of the day
lets face it MONEY MAKES LOVE LAST LONGER

NOTE-----The fact is every woman should make her own cash too and dont learn to be a burden on your MAN. . .Pere

1 Like

Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by philip0906(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2010
2 d average Nigerian girl,what u just wrote there,will make a good novel 4 them 2 read during their spare time
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by femmy2010(m): 11:39am On Aug 21, 2010
I guess the social-Economic condition is not helping matters and our society is one that celebrate MONEY irrespective of how the money was gotten.
Even some parents have this natural tendency to show some unanticipated biased when dealing with their daughters boy friends.One that has it all seems to have a much welcoming welcome and he hustling boy friend get the least of the welcoming welcome.
People's orientation has change and changing it back to a better one would be a very hard one.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by madlady(f): 11:48am On Aug 21, 2010
femmy2010:

I guess the social-Economic condition is not helping matters and our society is one that celebrate MONEY irrespective of how the money was gotten.
Even some parents have this natural tendency to show some unanticipated biased when dealing with their daughters boy friends.One that has it all seems to have a much welcoming welcome and he hustling boy friend get the least of the welcoming welcome.
[b]People orientation has changed and changing it back to a better one would be a very hard one.
[/b]

Absolutely true, money seems to be the main aim for some.

Money is very necessary but, using someone for it is shameful. lipsrsealed
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by microgint: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2010
madlady:

Money is very necessary but, using someone for it is shameful. lipsrsealed
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by iice(f): 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2010
Peer pressure
Family pressure
Wacked ideals
Greed
Laziness
The good life
Prestige
Etc etc

To each his/her own.
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by 1105(f): 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2010
This thread is gonna expose all the girls who put money 1st before their everytin,

I already know quite a few of em,

1, googles.
2, Uju
3, y_me
others yet 2 follow~ im watching~
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by yme1(f): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2010
^^^thunder fire that ya CP wey you take type that rubbish angry
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by cold(m): 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2010
Money isn't just everything, It's the ONLY thing
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by manoy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Still thinking of wat to say,
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2010
Thank God at least a lady here knows this money money thing shouldn't be the basis for going into a relationship . have been a victim of such . I met a lady here in nairaland we spoke and agreed on almost everything only 4 her to disqualify because I won't be able to pay her bill despite her having a good job with a nice pay package . I felt bad 4 a while and got over the issue . nobody knows the future but God who can choose to bless a man anytime .
the only constant thing in life is change .
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by britgirlee(f): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2010
Hummm intresting

@ YME
fortunately im in a position that I'm able t support my self, and yes i have dated financially stable men, HOWEVER
I'm glad I'm in a position to see how selfish, selfcentered and also self absorbed SOME of these men are, who have had their egos blessed with money hungry women and now they think they are invincible.
That is till they meet a woman who can handle her own home, then its fumble all the way, lol grin

@190
your stepping on dangerous ground, oops

@ femmy
unfortunately it is , even though you may not have it the urge to keep up with the Jones is a reality
is funny still , if you can agree mum and dad still say, " what is his job?? lawyer? Doctor? accountant? what is his family name, ahhh good his father owns half NIGERIA, lol
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by nihun(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2010
microgi@nt:

Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by release190(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2010
y me:

^^^thunder fire that ya CP wey you take type that rubbish angry

back 2 sender grin grin
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by cold(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2010
Well true money can't buy love,neither can poverty
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by femmy2010(m): 8:22pm On Aug 21, 2010
Only true love can buy true love and sustain it.
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by hackney(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2010
As far as money roles in a relationship:

Only childhood sweethearts can decide to manage if there's no food in the house.
People that are so used to themselves that material things dont even have much of a place.
Such cases where friendship alone is timeless and so rock-solid that even after trying to kill themselves they hold
hands and laugh about it.
but normal courtship of meet girl and start going out? iya. i ga asikwa!
Money must be there to facilitate a lot of moves and arrangements especially in nigeria.

Infact some girls do think that the more you spend = the more love you have for them.
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by cold(m): 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2010
hackney:

Infact some girls do think that the more you spend = the more love you have for them.
You got that ryt,the 'the guy is sooo nice' syndrome
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by Kelvinj(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2010
Money talks bull▄█▀ █▬█ █ ▀█▀ works, Anyways money makes the world go around no cash no babe. But hungry babes don full everywhere shaa, na condition make crayfish bend
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2010
Money isnt the basis, its essential, it makes the world go round,
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by manoy(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2010
Yeah,Money is not everything but BRITGIRLEE can u date a someone who is not rich? Status and wealth should not be the real reasons why one would wanna go into marriage. Other things should be put into consideration.
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by gem70: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2010
Money is not everytin, i agree. But its d nearest tin to everytin, I wuld b very frank u need möney to sustain a relatinship, But one has to be careful. Take oda factors into consideration. Is he/she hardwokn.? Wat are d future prospects?
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by britgirlee(f): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2010
manoy:

Yeah,Money is not everything but BRITGIRLEE can u date a someone who is not rich? Status and wealth should not be the real reasons why one would wanna go into marriage. Other things should be put into consideration.

guess you didnt read one of my replies wink
britgirlee:

Hummm intresting

@ YME
fortunately im in a position that I'm able t support my self, and yes i have dated financially stable men, HOWEVER
I'm glad I'm in a position to see how selfish, selfcentered and also self absorbed SOME of these men are, who have had their egos blessed with money hungry women and now they think they are invincible.
That is till they meet a woman who can handle her own home, then its fumble all the way, lol grin

@
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by chiogo(f): 12:15am On Aug 22, 2010
It depends on how you define 'money grabber'. If a woman is successful(as in rich) and seeks to be with a guy who's also financially successful, I don't see that as being a money grabber. It's simply living up to one's standards. It's not gold-digging if you also have your gold. smiley
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by german007(m): 12:22am On Aug 22, 2010
THE HARD TRUTH IS THAT EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING POSSESSES A STREAK OF MATERIALISM IN THEM. NO MATTER HOW TINY.

cool cool
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by cold(m): 12:58am On Aug 22, 2010
chiogo:

It depends on how you define 'money grabber'. If a woman is successful(as in rich) and seeks to be with a guy who's also financially successful, I don't see that as being a money grabber. It's simply living up to one's standards. It's not gold-digging if you also have your gold. smiley
The only beautiful abt this thread is that it has brought Chiogo out of hibernation.So true,when it's an issue of money,everybody is of the same religion.Welcome back wink
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by manoy(m): 1:59am On Aug 22, 2010
britgirlee:

guess you didnt read one of my replies wink

Haaa grin grin grin ,if i catch you wink wink wink wink wink

Only God knows where u are based but, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by pewekac: 2:24am On Aug 22, 2010
hackney:

As far as money roles in a relationship:

Only childhood sweethearts can decide to manage if there's no food in the house.
People that are so used to themselves that material things dont even have much of a place.
Such cases where friendship alone is timeless and so rock-solid that even after trying to kill themselves they hold
hands and laugh about it.
but normal courtship of meet girl and start going out? iya. i ga asikwa!
Money must be there to facilitate a lot of moves and arrangements especially in nigeria.

well said man, that's why long courtships when both parties must have understood each other to the fullest in and out works best!
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by Shola2009(m): 4:27am On Aug 22, 2010
There's certainly no harm in a person wanting to live well.
Re: Money Is Not Everything: To The Money Grabbers Out There: by chiogo(f): 4:27am On Aug 22, 2010
cold:

The only beautiful abt this thread is that it has brought Chiogo out of hibernation.So true,when it's an issue of money,everybody is of the same religion.Welcome back  wink
Didn't know I was in hibernation. Thanks, I guess. lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Women Called Slut When They Sleep Around? Do They Sleep With Robots? / Would U 'toast' A Guy Or Girl In The Church? / He Can't Disvirgin A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.