Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? (13824 Views)

How You Can Raise Up To N25 Million For Your Business B4 Christmas / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability? / Seyi Tinubu: ‘You Have Achieved Once You Are Able To Start A Business' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by saxietohgbaskie(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
Na location be issue
samcus:
open bet9ja shop nd thank me later
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by kinglad: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2019
For your:
Business Registration
Business Accounting
Office Support/Equipments Supply
Estate Agency/Mgt,
07088881366, 07055263050
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Mustack: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
I CAN LEARN FROM THIS
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Beautywealth: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
Planning on saving 200k
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Beautywealth: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2019
Planning on saving 200k now when am still serving. And will start cloth business after service. God help me

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by einsteine(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool

You just jumped from a 72k shop to a 3 bedroom flat and a Lexus ES 330. What a quantum leap!

6 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Britishcoins(m): 4:20pm On Feb 11, 2019
This is my favorite post today.
Firstly thanks to all those who has contributed.
Right now I am about to join the battle with the little I have.
I served my uncle for 10 years and all he could promise me this December was 100k.

To the glory of God, I have saved and still saving about 500k from Google admob, ponzi and any internet marketing I could trust.

My major challenge now is to find good location where I could setup clothing business with the little cash I have.
I always believe that God will make it for me...
Pls friends if you can suggest me any location for me.

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Tolzeal(m): 4:21pm On Feb 11, 2019
Abimbola29:

my aunt just acquired a one acre of land but the area is not developed yet at all but its that Badagry area,I was thinking of going into plantain plantation,what do you thinking

I'm honestly in no room to give advice on agro business, but on a neutral ground farming is a sure-fire way to monetize lands that are not in immediate use or possibly you could lease it out for a while to a farmer and let a farmer pay you on monthly basis. you know stuffs like that.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Tolzeal(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
Britishcoins:
I served my uncle for 10 years and all he could promise me this December was 100k.

To the glory of God, I have saved and still saving about 500k from Google admob, ponzi and any internet marketing I could trust.

My major challenge now is to find good location where I could setup clothing business with the little cash I have.

you should look more at your localtl first, If you'rr staying in lekki I can't advice you to have a shop at berger in Ojodu,

Do more feasibility study to see what coming up in your area, why do you have to go with clothing if there are so many people selling clothes in your area . There are lots of businesses you could actually invest in but you need to do your assignment first to see what is selling and see what people are buying, then find a
way to make a twist and brand your self unique. The market is already saturated.

some cheap areas I think you can actually get tools at cheaper rate at Ojodu, Ikorodu , Mushin , Egbeda .

Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Gaspardd(m): 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
Crypto, forex, saving...thats what i am currently doing now. Its a gamble but so help me God

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Lakside1955(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2019
einsteine:

You just jumped from a 72k shop to a 3 bedroom flat and a Lexus ES 330. What a quantum leap!
When I say today, you should have understand that I've been through on a good progress.
Besides, op only ask us to narrate how we raise capital, thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by akaahs(m): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2019
i started with keeping one female pig, give birth to 5 piglets which i sold 2 after 9 months they become 15, sold out 5 and after 8 months they became 45 sold them out and start my business of 700k now up to 2.5m

5 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by igho9: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
This is timely.
I'm currently stuck with my idea due to insufficient fund.
I've been making enquires about securing loan from MFB.
Anyone with useful info?
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by XaintJoel20: 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:
I came from polygamous home of five wives, I lost my mum at the age of 10, life so difficult after that from my step mums, from there nothing on my mind than to hustle hustle hustle.
I started by doing labouring at site, then proceed by doing car wash, I gathered money from the car wash to got myself a bike (okada) then I started using the bike to hustle every evening, from there, I gain admission into LASU, still proceeding with my bike hustle, I engaged myself in weekly contribution (10k) precisely, still from bike hustle, I got my turn from the contribution which is 250k, I rented a shop with 96k, furnished the shop a bit with more than 50k, I started cloth business in march 1st 2013 with just 72k while still on bike hustle.
Today am a self boss and a full owner of 3 bedroom flat and Lexus Es 330 with a beautiful family, a girl and a boy cool

Your story is really inspiring.

To God be the glory...

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by XaintJoel20: 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2019
samcus:
open bet9ja shop nd thank me later
That's what I have been hearing...
Please how do I start and what do I need to start...
Thanks.
If you can, we can talk privately.
I will be glad to release my WhatsApp number...
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2019
jaelz:
Hello Nairalanders, in the spirit of getting to the promise land in terms of business set up and acquisition, I noticed the most common problem faced by most entrepreneurs here is how to raise capital.

I would appreciate it if successful business owners can lecture us on how they were able to raise or come up with the desired capital they needed to fully set up their personal hustles i.e was savings, grants, loans or family?

Please lets all help each other on how to raise money and capital for our personal businesses... Remember we rise by lifting others, no one man is an island of his own...

I asked my brothers, what's the point of having a big family grin
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Abimbola29(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2019
Tolzeal:

I'm honestly in no room to give advice on agro business, but on a neutral ground farming is a sure-fire way to monetize lands that are not in immediate use or possibly you could lease it out for a while to a farmer and let a farmer pay you on monthly basis. you know stuffs like that.
thanks bro!! intact you be boss.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2019
Britishcoins:

boss please can you tutor me on google admob ??
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2019
Adegbem01:
Please I need capital to buy tokunbo car for taxi in akure, I have done the survey and can pay back in one year.. Please someone should help me out
Your and the poster below you need to get a job and save from your earnings
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Johnny1013(m): 4:59pm On Feb 11, 2019
had to sell 5 plots of land in ajah ...used the money to import trucks after some times Some credible investors came in and how the business has made close to #200m
....... raising money depends on two factors
ability to convince investors what in it for him
writing a killer business plan.. the key actually is starting small but don't stay small..Aim higher the Sky is your limit

7 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by jeff1607(m): 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2019
Tolzeal:
I wouldn't advice getting a loan to start a business but you can if you're planning to scale the business.

Best way to source for money is through family and friends, if no family or friends who is ready to help then you need to get a job then do the 40:40:20 theorem.

what is the 40:40:20 theorem please
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by sonnie10: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
If I tell people how I started, they won’t believe me.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Occurstaem(m): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
sonnie10:
Many will learn from your experience when you share it.
I have learnt so much from the experiences the commenters have shared so far.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Occurstaem(m): 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
sonnie10:
Many will learn from your experience when you share it.
I have learnt so much from the experiences the commenters have shared so far.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by BedLam: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
Uglymugg:
Not really a great example, because I can just counter by saying that Apple Inc. uses closed source for their OS but they're a trillion dollar company.
Apple and Microsoft are different. Apple relies mostly on hardware and Microsoft is mostly software. You dig ?

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Drguzzykola(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2019
Scholarship Money paved way,
Dad saw this , he was impressed, then he kukuma help me add money..

moreover I belief in starting small even with big/ great idea.

Shallom.

Not too easy sha o cry
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Smartjob1(f): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

You, my friend, is the real life monopoly player. A billionaire in the making. NEVER STOP!

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by einsteine(m): 5:15pm On Feb 11, 2019
Lakside1955:

When I say today, you should have understand that I've been through on a good progress.
Besides, op only ask us to narrate how we raise capital, thank you.

I understand.

I just feel process is as important as results. As it is, we celebrate and concentrate on results too much in this country. This creates a situation where people are more focused on making achievements without caring about whether the process is right or legal. They just want to make it, anyhow, anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Evangkatsoulis: 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
lovelybugs:
Got some money from my parents and added my savings.

savings from your parents' Pocket money?
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Evangkatsoulis: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2019
Rolly22:
My own problem now is that I don't know the type of business to invest in with 1m naira. Can anyone suggest

Invest in my education, I be genius. My only stumbling block is 200K to complete my treatments in ENT.
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Evangkatsoulis: 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
Britishcoins:

How you go let another human being waste 10 years of your life? You no fit carrry gun shoot am?
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? by Smartjob1(f): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
First, I did some manual jobs for 8months living with my mother. I saved 90% of the money during the period to buy a laptop and modem. Then I taught myself how to run econometric and data analysis using eviews, spss, sata12 and minitab using youtube (still doing menial jobs by the side). Once I am good with what that, I started contacting people in different schools, online, etc to let them know I can run their analysis (it is a must for all social and management students - Bsc, Msc and PhD) to use in doing their projects (Chapters 3, 4, 5). I told them I would do it for free for them for the first time. Few responded after months of trying my luck. Fortunately, those who responded got straight As from it and then - boom! The referrals skyrocketed. I started handling analysis from a Bsc to a Prof. With more jobs, the more my knowledge grew and the more I made money. I charge between 10k 100k for an analysis that wouldnt take more than 3-5mins to finish. Sometimes, I do this for 5 people in 2 days.

I saved money from there to set up my first company - SolPro (an ICT firm). I quickly registered as a vendor with some big firms in Port Harcourt. Then I started receiving quotes from my clients. My brethren, my story has been growing from there. I was 27years since this started.

I went on to setup an HR social networking platform www.bejite.com (which is currently offline because we are working out something. But has an alexa rank of 14m worldwide. Not bad for a social network that just started few years ago by an amateur).

I also setup a training center for programmers called CodePro. There, programmers will be trained to join us in the long-term.

We are not there yet, but we are not where we used to be. Ahead! Ahead.

Well, I still run analysis for people. But this time, I call the shots big time!

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can We Get Iron Ore & Zinc Ore Suppliers? / Palm Oil Investors Raise Alarm Over Dumping From W/african Countries / How To Make N400,000 Monthly Selling Your Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.