Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Forex Trade Alerts - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts (76434 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts by jamace(m): 8:03am On Sep 02, 2010
@JAZES,
Sorry o,but your strategy is not good enough,go and learn how to use
PARABOLIC SAR,
STOCHASTIC,
EMA & SMA crossover(to detect wen resistance/support is broken)
          &
CANDLE COLOR/PATTERN
for effective & REWARDING Fx Trading

To prove to use dat your method is nt as such effective,referencing EU,b/n d time u posted your signal at 1:51am till 4:15am on thursday,02/09/2010 non of your stipulated resistance(1.2821) or support (1.2756)was reached nt to talk  of being broken,instead d mkt refused to move above 1.2814 resistance and 1.2785 support.

whereas using combination of those  indicators i specified above and during same period,b/n 1:51am nd 4:15am  i was able to make at least reasonable pips/gain dependin on lot/size used.

However may be your resistance/support would later be broken or violate d usin your term,for patience trader and as we know PATIENCE is part of needed strategy in dis biz

Wishin everyone happy nd rewardin trading

He might not be wrong. It depends on the Time Frame from which he is carrying out his analysis. Also, different brokers platform has different prices for the same currency pair at  the same real time.

And like you said, he wants you to be patient untill the condition is met grin. Bros, man must have patience in this forex biz or else forex will rush you out. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2010
I agree with jamace, though I like to be able to interpret a clear direction (possibly) of a trend before trading. I am not able to do that with EU so, it is a 'no trade' for now. I would be more comfortable to trade GU. GBP is not loved currently.

The difference between brokers' prices are minimal, or so I think.

@afroil, what will you say about me who trade without any single indicator? undecided
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 9:20am On Sep 02, 2010
afroil:

@JAZES,
Sorry o,but your strategy is not good enough,go and learn how to use
PARABOLIC SAR,
STOCHASTIC,
EMA & SMA crossover(to detect wen resistance/support is broken)
&
CANDLE COLOR/PATTERN
for effective & REWARDING Fx Trading

To prove to use dat your method is nt as such effective,referencing EU,b/n d time u posted your signal at 1:51am till 4:15am on thursday,02/09/2010 non of your stipulated resistance(1.2821) or support (1.2756)was reached nt to talk of being broken,instead d mkt refused to move above 1.2814 resistance and 1.2785 support.

whereas using combination of those indicators i specified above and during same period,b/n 1:51am nd 4:15am i was able to make at least reasonable pips/gain dependin on lot/size used.

However may be your resistance/support would later be broken or violated usin your term,for patience trader and as we know PATIENCE is part of needed strategy in dis biz

Wishin everyone happy nd rewardin trading

@Afroil,
First off, i have learnt never to say that the strategy of any trader is bad or to say why does a trader make a particular decision. Man after more than 3yrs in this business i have seen enough to know that we see differently, i have seen a guy that trades on the 5mins chart and makes more than 50% of his capital every month.
Just yesterday, kashif spotted a move on GU and he calls for a sell at that resistance. I immediately posted after him saying that move may be wrong, Guess what?, Price has not broken that resistance yet, in fact GU has done over 100pips in the direction he said the market would move. Anyone that took that position will still be smiling by now.

2ndly, if you are very observant you will notice that i don't use indicator and i don't intend to start using them now. I prefer using price action and major support & resistance because i prefer using them to indicators not because indicators are bad and that doesn't make anyone using them wrong as long as they understand how to use them and they are profitable.
Lastly, EU has a daily average of 100-150 pips and between the time you said you made profit, it has only done about 20pips. I believe we still have the whole day to know if market will move in a particular direction or not.
As at the time am replying this message, GU has just hit my first TP and on its way to hit the 2nd tp.
Thanks for your observation and i need to re-emphasize this, i don't need any of your indicators and i don't need to learn them.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by jamace(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2010
I agree with jamace, though I like to be able to interpret a clear direction (possibly) of a trend before trading. I am not able to do that with EU so, it is a 'no trade' for now. I would be more comfortable to trade GU. GBP is not loved currently.

The difference between brokers' prices are minimal, or so I think.

@afroil, what will you say about me who trade without any single indicator?

You are a magician! cheesy grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2010
jamace:

You are a magician! cheesy grin grin

LOL! But really, I wonder why all those people who claim to see the future not harvesting millions from the fx market lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2010
Kashif:

LOL! But really, I wonder why all those people who claim to see the future not harvesting millions from the fx market lipsrsealed shocked

When you see some people talking about indicators, you'd think their account is in billions. grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2010
Check out the daily candle on AUDUSD for yesterday - mine is long and wickless shocked
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2010
Did anyone see the spike?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2010
UJ looking good for a buy entry.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2010
This happen to be my first post. Please I see that the retracement of Ero/USD might have ended. I am taking a buy postion. The market is finding it difficult to break lower at a fib retracement. Hope you see same.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2010
Hello,
i have decided to stand on the sideline and watch cool cool what the market will do because of the NFP. I sometimes love to just watch the market cos it allows me to take time out and also allows me to reflect.
I am wishing everyone a lovely weekend.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2010
JAZES:

Hello,
i have decided to stand on the sideline and watch cool cool what the market will do because of the NFP. I sometimes love to just watch the market cos it allows me to take time out and also allows me to reflect.
I am wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

In line with my thoughts too. Have scanned the charts this morning and saw that a couple of entries have been missed. Today looks like one of those days - sidon look. Opportunities might still spring up anyways.

Where is martog?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2010
Good morning,

I read something about the foundation of a good trader from W D Gann. I will briefly mention the five as stated:

1. Knowledlege
2. Nerve
3. Good Health
4. Solid trading rules
5. Capital

hope you can evaluate where you stand.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
paulo1234:

Good morning,

I read something about the foundation of a good trader from W D Gann. I will briefly mention the five as stated:

1. Knowledlege
2. Nerve
3. Good Health
4. Solid trading rules
5. Capital

hope you can evaluate where you stand.

It depends on what you trade bro.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2010
Well,

That is nice, whatever you trade. Trading is still trading.
by now EuroUSD trade of yesterday is in 50pips + despite good non farm payroll for USD.

Best trading
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by stagger: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2010
stagger:

Fears about the NFP are baseless because traders lack knowledge on how to trade it. The best currency to trade is the USDJPY.

The key parameters to watch are : NFP change and Unemployment rate.

Do not trade if the two figures conflict: NFP more negative, unemployment rate down.

Sell USDJPY if NFP more negative, unemployment rate steady or up.
Buy USDJPY if NFP more positive than expected, unemployment rate down.

The best way to trade this item is to wait until the market is about to close on Friday for the weekend. Usually after the initial spike, there will be a retracement to the support or resistance for the last day or two. Use a pending order to setup a trade in the direction of the NFP result. By Monday, the trade will trigger and give you a minimum of 100 pips.

I will watch this news item and update it here.

This will play out today on the USDJPY upside starting from 84.15 to 84.30 range, good for 150 pips.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
Watching USDCAD, trying to find a buy entry, cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by martog: 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2010
Kashif:

In line with my thoughts too. Have scanned the charts this morning and saw that a couple of entries have been missed. Today looks like one of those days - sidon look. Opportunities might still spring up anyways.

Where is martog?

Thanks bro for looking out for me. I went on awol, lol. I can see that all is bubbling right here on this thread. Am glad to see that we have quite a few traders who can hold their own. Kudos to everyone.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by stagger: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2010
stagger:

Fears about the NFP are baseless because traders lack knowledge on how to trade it. The best currency to trade is the USDJPY.

The key parameters to watch are : NFP change and Unemployment rate.

Do not trade if the two figures conflict: NFP more negative, unemployment rate down.

Sell USDJPY if NFP more negative, unemployment rate steady or up.
Buy USDJPY if NFP more positive than expected, unemployment rate down.

The best way to trade this item is to wait until the market is about to close on Friday for the weekend. Usually after the initial spike, there will be a retracement to the support or resistance for the last day or two. Use a pending order to setup a trade in the direction of the NFP result. By Monday, the trade will trigger and give you a minimum of 100 pips.

I will watch this news item and update it here.

anyone watching the Yen crosses? If anyone had followed this post, they should be cruising now.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by martog: 8:10am On Sep 06, 2010
Hi Folks, I hope we had a great weekend and ready to roll this week. Happy pipful week to everyone.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2010
Happy new week,

Hope you are happy as I am? I will be grateful if we can analysis what is going on on EuroGbp. I see a good trend developing favouring buying. Please do you same.

Best Trading.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 9:17am On Sep 06, 2010
paulo1234:

Happy new week,

Hope you are happy as I am? I will be grateful if we can analysis what is going on on EuroGbp. I see a good trend developing favouring buying. Please do you same.

Best Trading.

Personally, I favour a sell on this one. My reason being that it has approached the .8360 resistance. Second, the H1 chart shows what I see as an evident upward move slowdown. If you must go long, wait for this resistance to be broken.

Just my 50kobo.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2010
The NFP effect seems to have worn away, and the market is getting back to its former sentiment. JPY could regain strength.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 10:45am On Sep 06, 2010
Kashif:

Personally, I favour a sell on this one. My reason being that it has approached the .8360 resistance. Second, the H1 chart shows what I see as an evident upward move slowdown. If you must go long, wait for this resistance to be broken.

Just my 50kobo.

Kashif,

Thanks I will wait for a retest of the resistance. If things work the trade may be for tommorrow. Currently things are holding up for Euro/Gbp. There is a reversal signal fully to be developed on monthly chart.

Thanks
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2010
Is anyone watching UJ, is it trying to break downward or what? it's been dragging between 83.80 and 84.80, does anyone have a case study on UJ?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by martog: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2010
honeric01:

Is anyone watching UJ, is it trying to break downward or what? it's been dragging between 83.80 and 84.80, does anyone have a case study on UJ?
This pair is at a major support level, and this dates back to May, 1995. On the weekly chart, we have 2 back-to-back reversal candles, and on the daily chart, we have had multiple reversal candles. My take on this is that I remain flat, till I see momentum on the long side.

My 50kobo ,according to Kashif grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by paulo1234: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2010
martog:

This pair is at a major support level, and this dates back to May, 1995. On the weekly chart, we have 2 back-to-back reversal candles, and on the daily chart, we have had multiple reversal candles. My take on this is that I remain flat, till I see momentum on the long side.

My 50kobo ,according to Kashif grin

I do not think is time to buy UJ until the resistance to the up side is broken. Yen has been proven to be strong trend on weekly, monthly, daily charts. For me I do not buy pin bars against the trend. The trend is your friend.

Best Trading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.