Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. (7051 Views)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by fyneguy: 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2010
^^^lol

How hypocritical of you to import an old testament verse into a new testament dispensation and same would not apply to tithe in your warped reckoning?

Anyway, since you claim to be a Teacher in your church, for your students' sake, you had to earn righteousness in the old testament as opposed to being a gift in the new testament. You are declared the righteousness of God by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2010
How hypocritical of you to import an old testament verse into a new testament dispensation and same would not apply to tithe in your warped reckoning?

Anyway, since you claim to be a Teacher in your church, for your students' sake, you had to earn righteousness in the old testament as opposed to being a gift in the new testament. You are declared the righteousness of God by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

WAS THAT QUOTE PART OF THE ABOLISHED JEWISH LAW YOU HYPOCRITE ?

JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOU TO INDULGE IN SIN AND STILL HOPE TO MAKE HEAVEN,HOW PATHETIC!!!
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by fyneguy: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2010
^^^^ Chunkwudi,

Calm down my brother. The question you should ask yourself is: If the old testament's righteousness principle and Justice deeds could still save today, then why did Jesus Christ waste his time to die?

Nobody approves of indulgence in sin. This is the dispensation of the SPIRIT and LIFE. It's Spirit of God in us, who causes us to both WILL and DO of the good pleasures of God. That's why you are admonished to be FILLED with the Spirit (Eph. 5:18) and the later verses explained how to achieve this.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by PastorAIO: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2010
You guys have really got your knickers in a twist. All using bible to support contradicting viewpoints.

This is a brilliant argument for why there will always be more and more denominations in christianity. In fact is it not the case that the spread and growth of protestantism coincided with the invention of printing press and the ready availability of bible for every tom dick and harry to read.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 07, 2010
@fyneguy

do you mean to tell me that all that is needed to make heaven is verbal proclamation of Jesus as Lord and personal saviour .

Which means that even if the person dies on top of another man's wife ,the blood of Jesus he had confessed would still save him?

Even demons confess Jesus as lord as shown in several bible pasages.Further more Jesus himself tells us that "not all those who call me LORD.will enter the kingdom of God rather those who do the will of my father in heaven"
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Joagbaje(m): 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2010
Chukwudi
chukwudi44:

@fyneguy .

Which means that even if the person dies on top of another man's wife ,the blood of Jesus he had confessed would still save him?

What on earth will you be doing on top of another man wife?.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Image123(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2010
Yep Joagbaje
You are the wrong one for several things you hold to. I'll continue from your claims in page 2 about james being carnal.
We can't take it from James that he had good practical marl teaching. But the gospel is deeper than that .
You understand the gospel better than APOSTLE James, well that's a disaster.

When Paul visited James the second time , James and his men had to make him perform Jewish vow!
So what? Was Paul not a jew? Who made him perform the vow in Acts 18v18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow. Get your Bible and read and stop making some other material more relevant than the Bible. What's with a vow?All these fables you're on to.
They now gave Paul a sentimental, fleshly advise.

I laugh like a circumcised philistine, and you're the one with the spirit-filled adviced abi? If you've managed to read the book of Acts, you'll see that it was almost public knowledge that Paul's presence in Jerusalem was hazardous. And out of natural love for Paul, no believer(jew or gentile) wanted him to be seen in jerusalem. Everyone had been trying to stop him, persuade him, help him even before he got to jerusalem

it was Paul Jesus gave the doctrine to.
Ever heard of the term "great commission" before? People had been preaching to jews and non jews before Paul gave his life to Christ. Paul is an apostle, sure, but he's not and doesn't claim to be the only apostle. There were apostleS before him and he referred to himself as the least.
1Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
He knew what he had, and was not intimidated by the title of James in the conference, you can see his attitude in his writing.
What title of James are you on about? If anything, I think it is Paul that makes us aware that James was an apostle, so what title, abi he sell you one of hin books where you see the title
well that makes sense, but it's still didn't take the fact away that Paul had a special calling . James had title.
James is NOT your pastor, he had 'no title'. What special calling did Paul have? Do you even knpw the meaning of the word 'apostle'?
Paul was clear enough, these advocates were from James. Why didn't he call John or any of the apostles? They were from JAMES. Means "this is what James stand for". It was clear that Peter was not party to that idea.but fear . Fear of who? James. What James recommended for gentile Christian was based on an existing proselyte law. Full proselyte is circumcised , which was their initial stand. Half proselyte is not to be burden with circumcision but given certain rules.
They were from James means they were sent by James the representative of the jerusalem church at that time. Paul doesn't say that they taught circumcision. the people from James didn't come teaching about circumcision(Acts 15v24 already debunks that accusation except you don't believe that part of the Bible).
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by nuclearboy(m): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2010
Image:

Please let it go. Everyone has seen the truth here. If you don't, they will rile you up and you will say things that will cause you to be regarded as apostate. Those who follow truth understand what you're saying and why you will get angry. Those who have itching ears and fake claims excel at making people get angry then claim its a demon talking.

Already they are getting to you. Leave them to their delusions.

BTW, of course they understand more than the Apostle James. He was an ordinary Apostle and they are Angels, God, etc and Moses, Elijah etc are watching right now learning from them. wink
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Image123(m): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2010
To even call him apostle to the Gentiles is an understatement. He is the apostle for the church. Because the grace of God has left israel to the gentile. So when you talk about the church now, It is the gentile.
Paul is the man that has the revelation of the church and who the Christian man is.
Romans 11:13  For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Joagbaje, i don de fear for you o! I see some others have talked with you on the above soo.
There are different levels of truths. There are lesser truths and greater truths.Paul had greater light above the others.
1 minus 2 in primary school =  impossible or cannot.
1 minus 2 in secondary school = -2.     Both are correct truths at their respective level.
the same way spiritual laws. Some things James says  may not be absolutely wrong in context based on intention of his heart. But wrong words were used in many of them. Paul had deeper truth.
Please produce scriptural backings and mathematical explanations to support the above bolded.

Concerning the issue of eating idol food. People generally believe it is defile, but be honest, from paul's perspective, there is no defile meat . There is nothing like idol.
1Corinthians 10:19  What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
20:  But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

That's Paul's perspective in bold please. And he wrote against idolatry in his epistles. Jesus and John also warned about idols, so if they are the people you refer to as 'generally believe it is defile', a believer better stay with that team of James, Paul, Jesus and John.

But the script you quoted in revelation. Is talking about actual participation.

Revelation 2:20
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Imagine a Christian doing masquerade in the yam festival in the village , saying it's  his culture. This is actual participation in idols. The fornication here is an idolatry Sexual play and form of temple prostitution. The same way the eating of the food is. This was one major headache of Paul ,with the Corinthian culture in the church. It is not the food content .
Come again please, revelation I quoted is talking about actual participation, and the script you didn't quote is talking about what?  Eating things sacrificed to idols is eating things sacrificed to idols. You want to pull out some stunts from the hebrew greek dictionaries here? fornication is fornication, whether it is an idolatry or an adultery. God is against ALL fornication and eating things sacrificed to idols. James was against fornication and eating things offered to idols, Paul was against it, the elders were against it, the Holy Ghost was/is against it, i am against it, i wonder why you call it kindergateen stuff.
If you study Daniel prophesy, we are in the 69th week out of the 70th week of Gods calendar.We are in the dispensation of the Gentiles , the Jews have been cut off from the light of God .This dispensation of the Gentiles will continue till the second coming of christ. So the Jews are not partakers of the package in christ. Paul was commissioned to bring the Gentiles in. But the Gentiles make the church. The Gentiles right now are the stewards of the mysteries in christ. The Jews still follow judaisim. Until the times of the gentiles will be over. So the church of christ is a gentile affair at the moment. .But the revelations of God to Paul is for the body of christ in general.
Stop making these empty statements, they are making too much noise. Are the apostles not partakers of the package in Christ? Did Christ not die for the whole world?
Paul was commissioned bla bla. you are making more than Paul made of this thing. What the scriptures record and teach is that Paul had more of a in-road into the gentiles than the others i.e the other apostles. Its not that they were blind to what he was called to do. Other apostles also left Jerusalem at one time or the other and preached to gentiles. At leas you know of Peter, you may know of John. These people were already converting gentiles when Paul was still a miserable sinner. And Paul didn't only preach to gentiles either. He preached to and had many jewish converts. they were all to storm the world, all nations and that's what they did, everyone playing his own part. And our friend Paul was the actor. He had massive impact in the gentile world compared to others. But he never claimed to be the ONLY one.
Ephesians 3:4  Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ
Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Image123(m): 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2010
No mind me o nuclear. I'll take care. Perhaps there's hope and light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Joagbaje(m): 12:24am On Sep 09, 2010
Image123
I don't know where to start with you. Where have you been since.you dis appeared only to show up when all are sleeping. Read my posts over again don't draw us back your answers are there. I don't know if I have time for all these petty petty issues you raised again. Those were just part of some of the issues with James.he still had other issues , he is to be held responsible for the anointing oil business today which was one of the Jewish customs he introduced to the church. He was the only person that could call children of God sinners. Study the message of paul well. We will have less arguement.
Re: Joagbaje, Come And Answer Your Paul James Query. by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2010
I don't know where to start with you. Where have you been since.you dis appeared only to show up when all are sleeping.
Be patient to start with me from the last two posts i made, they are just two. I've gone through ALL the posts on this thread, you can go through my two posts. BTW, who are the all that are sleeping? You seem to be 'awake'.
Read my posts over again don't draw us back your answers are there. I don't know if I have time for all these petty petty issues you raised again.
Sorry for drawing you back, but you are yet to answer to the queries, at least from a biblical stand point. Stuff like "James had title", "the gospel is deeper than James", "the Jews are not partakers of the package in christ", "Paul had greater light above the other apostles" cannot be left hanging in the air as petty petty issues. Or you'd rather we discussed "dying on top of another man's wife"? (seems that was your most recent enquiry on this thread)
Those were just part of some of the issues with James.he still had other issues , he is to be held responsible for the anointing oil business today which was one of the Jewish customs he introduced to the church. He was the only person that could call children of God sinners. Study the message of paul well. We will have less arguement.
I don't seem to have any problem with Paul, do I? You're the one who has problems with James and Paul. So show some fruit of the spirit and start with moi, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? / 5 Questions For Atheists / Is It Good To Play Sport Betting During Fasting Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.