Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Some Fun While Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Some Fun While Job Hunting (153632 Views)

If You're Asked For Any Of These While Job Hunting, Run For Cover! / What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 09, 2019
we die here grin
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 9:55pm On Dec 11, 2019
The Kindergarten Secretary

On my 21st birthday, my boyfriend promised me he was going to help me get a job after I got admission into National Open University. The institution's motto is “Work and Learn,” and I was very eager to get my self busy since the university did not hold lectures like other conventional universities.

Few days after my matriculation ceremony, I received a call from a man while I was having lunch with my hostel friends. He told me Julius(my boyfriend) spoke to him about me, and he requested we meet at a school in Evboutu or lose the big job. I had only swallowed two balls of Eba and I wasn’t filled at all, but I sprinted to my room and changed to something modest. I didn't want to lose this big job.

As soon as I got to the school, I explained to the gateman, and he directed me to an office. Seated there was a guy, probably a teacher because he had this long neck physics teachers usually had. The office had an empty seat and desk in it. On the desk was a laptop and some bunch of files. Upon sighting the chair and desk, I was like,
“wow this is my seat, I’m going to be a secretary.”

The first question he asked me was:
“Do you love children?”
Okay, what's happening here, I was confused, what do loving children have to do with a secretary job?
After a moment of silence I replied:
"Yes sir, I love kids very much."
“Wonderful” He exclaimed
"I’m the Director of this school, Julius told me about you. I like young girls who are hardworking, come tomorrow by 9am for your interview, I want you already". He concluded with a smile and gave me N1000 to go back home.

“Thank you so much”! I quickly collected it, and left the office.
On my way home I picked up my phone and called Julius
“Hello, baby guess what.” I asked
“what” He questioned “
I am going to be a secretary” I exclaimed
“Wow congrats babe,” I am happy for you he replied cheerfully
“Thank you, babe, I love…. “ Before I could complete the sentence, the call ended due to insufficient fund

The next morning, a painful pimple erected from my cheeks mixed with severe headache and catarrh. The only money left with me was the N1000, the director gave me. I contemplated on using the N1000 to get some drugs or using it to transport for the interview
“Get some drugs you might die on your way, remember you are the only child in your family” a voice whispered into my ear
“Go for the interview a big job is waiting for you” Another voice whispered into my ear.

I listened to the second voice, freshened up and left for the interview. The interview was supposed to hold by 12 pm, but it was already 11:00 am, and there was no bus. I had been standing on the road for more than two hours….. I almost cried “Is this how I will lose this job?” I asked myself.

As I was in thought, a bus approached me and I quickly jumped in. On my way, the bus gets caught in a traffic jam. “Chai this must be the work of my village people” I whispered to myself. I ran out of patience and decided to sprint down to the school (opportunity to burn some fat).

When I got there, I was sweating like a ram who just escaped being slaughtered. I was boiling! My hotness increased when I saw a lady seated on “my seat” Yes that vacant seat with the laptop I told you guys about.

I was already boiling in anger when the Director came in “Oya follow me” he requested He took me to a classroom filled with so many kids, the smell of poop was all over the place, some were crying while some had catarrh running down their nose. Then the director began his speech:
“This is the creche class” upon hearing that I was like OK, no secretary, I can manage being a Kindergarten teacher.

But the next sentence I heard was
“Your job is not to teach them, we have a teacher already. Your duty is to change their diapers whenever they defecate and clean their nose”
Are you kidding me? Change babies diaper? Is this the big job this fat belle man had been talking about? I felt like strangling him.

"Ok, how much is the salary" I enquired.
He waited for some seconds and replied:
"75"
I was like "75,000"?

I was already in the mood to start cleaning their diapers for that amount. He laughed hysterically and replied,
“No o it is N7500.”

My hotness tripled to the extent it could even cook beans.

This is slavery! 7500? my transportation to and fro is N6000 that means I will go home with N2000 every month
Waste of time!
Waste of energy!
I would have finished my eba that day If I had known.

“Thank you oga for your offer” I muttered
If I had spent one more minute in there, I would probably kick him in the balls. I quickly walked out of the premises, and as for Julius I never spoke to him again.
hahhaha lol

1 Like

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ThatKING(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2019
ifyalways:

Watch out for December edition coming soon. smiley
readyyyyy
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by SeeMeForLAPTOP: 10:10am On Dec 13, 2019
Job
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by EvilPOTATO(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ready
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by MoonWater: 3:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
Get set
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by SirWhiteFish: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ready
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Aww sorry guys. I was on an omugwo duties and totally forgot about this thread and NLD but it's well.

January is better than December so let's get the party started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
I will try to make this short, simple and fun but please read and observe the rules carefully.

1. Tell us how you spent your holidays and your goals for 2020.

2. The essay will be not less than 500 words but not more than 1000 words.

3. Essay title is " How I spent my holidays and my goals for 2020" . It could be fiction or non-fiction.

4. The best 12 essays wins 10K each. No consolation prizes to be won. I will not consider any essay once its past the deadline .

5. Funpetition and submitting of essays starts Monday 13th of January (8 am) until Wednesday 15th of January ( 6pm)

6. Please pay attention to your grammar. You can inject Local parlance, native language or pidgin occasionally but the standard is legible English.

7. Winners will be announced on Thursday and Winnings disbursed on Friday 17th January.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 6:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
Please keep your name and private information out of your essay. If you must inject names into your Essay, let it be fictitious names please.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2020
Goodluck smiley
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by shagamite: 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2020
shocked
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2020
@Davide470
@Uboma
Is there a way of sticking the thread at the top ? thanks smiley
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Martialfc80: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2020
ifyalways:
I will try to make this short, simple and fun but please read and observe the rules carefully.

1. Tell us how you spent your holidays.

2. The essay will be not less than 1000 words but not more than 1500 words.

3. Essay title is " How I spent my holidays and my goals for 2020"

4. The best 12 essays wins 10K each. No consolation prizes to be won. I will not consider any essay once its past the deadline .

5. Funpetition and submitting of essays starts Monday 13th of January (8 am) until Wednesday 15th of January ( 6pm)

6. Winners will be announced on Thursday and Winnings disbursed on Friday 17th January.
Welcome back and happy new year
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2020
Martialfc80:
Welcome back and happy new year
You too, thanks
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by uboma(m): 5:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
ifyalways:
@Davide470
@Uboma

Done. You are welcome.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by VenusEAGLE: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
ifyalways:

ehen
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by SirWhiteFish: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
ifyalways:
Please keep your name and private information out of your essay. If you must inject names into your Essay, let it be fictitious names please.
just seeing this... Modifying soon
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
ifyalways:
Goodluck smiley
wow but 1000 is much ooooo. I am giving this a try
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by devlishGINGER(m): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
grin
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Mineisgrace(f): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Compliments ma
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by UniversalDove: 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Wow this thread... Let me book space here
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by OiOi: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
ifyalways:
Goodluck smiley
wow compliments of the season. nice to know you are back.
will come back 2 modify
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by amakablessing(f): 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Convenant modern Academy, Oleme Amaifeke Orlu, IMO State, is in need of qualified teachers in the following field, they include:
1.English language
2.Economics
3.Business Studies
4.French
The pay is very attractive, please call these number, if you are very much qualified and interested, 07039613182,email address of the school is ccacademy73@gmail.com
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by DemiVonKrone: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Good evening smiley
I am an English language teacher in a secondary school in Bodija, Ibadan.
However, I also take home lessons in English Language and Literature-in-English conveniently.
You can reach me on 08026257933.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by AmeLonRo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hello job seekers? Let me know.
I have a youtube channel that discusses job search tips, dressing tips, interview tips and many more.
Check out the youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwEezNfB2rdl2tgFckpYkQ?view_as=subscriber

It focuses on success and motivation specially for you. Lets go there.
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by Rebsy(f): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Mine was in 2017 August. I got a job invite from an NGO (for obvious reasons, I'm not going to mention the name). I left Kaduna for Abuja in high spirit. I've always wanted to work for an NGO & this happens to be my very first NGO interview invite, I was over the moon..alas my dream of working for an NGO finally coming through!
The invite was via SMS & seemed kinda off & unprofessional, but who cares? I googled & confirmed the NGO is legit. The turn out for the interview was mad! The office was located in a hospital somewhere in Garki, it was more like a make-shift office, very tiny & crappy! After a long wait, we were grouped into batches & asked to write some exams, English inclusive. The advertised positions were Program Assistant (Intern) & Program Manager. After the exam sha, the,MD addressed us. He said the job was based in 2 states; Benue & Nasarawa & we should indicate our preferable state. Salary for Program Assistant was 30k for 3months after which, one will be confirmed. In his words, "una go suffer for 3months sha but after that na enjoyment."
The few of us that were selected were asked to be in Benue for induction. After induction, I came down to Nasarawa (Nasarawa Eggon LG to be precise) for work with the promise that my employment letter will be sent. I met 2 guys there who were glad to have a female colleague. I was shown to my room & I was just too glad to have an NGO job

One of the guys asked me if I've been given my employment letter yet,I said no, he insisted I asked for it. I asked why & he said he was told the same thing & that was his 9th month working without an employment letter. Omo see gbege o! I called the lady acting as HR for my letter, she said she'd send it only for her to come & start scolding them. After doing my FBI, I discovered the workers & volunteers were being owed salary for 4-5months! I discovered so many irregularities & scam going on, na so I japa after working for 10days (out of about 10 people employed, I was the no 8 to leave!) Told the lady my name came out for Road Safety screening. She asked if I'd come back, told her I wasn't sure. She said "our doors are always open for you whenever you want to come back." I said ok. Come back where!��

Sorry for the typo error. English no be my mother tongue�

2 Likes

Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
uboma:

Done. You are welcome.
Thanks
Re: Some Fun While Job Hunting by ifyalways(f): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
OiOi:
wow compliments of the season. nice to know you are back.
will come back 2 modify
smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (68) (Reply)

Federal Airports Authority Of Nigeria Recruitment 2015 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2019 - 2020 (How To Apply) / Total E&P Limited - 2019 Recruitment (many Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.