Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! (71559 Views)

Senate Presidency: Igbos Have Themselves To Blame For Voting Atiku— APC / Atiku Has Lost The 2019 Elections / Sagay: 'Atiku Has No Records To Run With Except Empty Promises' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Chydo63(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2019
kingemzy5:
And appointing igbo has his running mate
you have no point at all. Tribalism is our biggest problem & so by your comment, you are part of Nigeria's problems.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by KGBEAST(m): 11:08pm On Feb 26, 2019
Odingo1:

You are talking of shiite muslims, this sect of muslims are not in control in the north, they are minority muslims,90% of the north are wahhabi sunni muslims.
False, most Northerners are SUFI SUNNI muslims (esoteric part of Islam) especially the EMIRS and SULTAN not "Wahhabi" muslims, SUFI'S and Wahhabi's don't agree, they seem to hate themselves, hence the constant intra-religious crisis between them, the IZAYA movement comes to mind
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by onizsure: 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:

The N power was a master stroke by PMB, beneficiaries and their relatives stood by Buhari in the SE/SS

Do you think so? Because from the results I see from the SE, it does not look like there is any strong support for Buhari over there just like in the north where Atiku has no strong support. To be candid with you dear, on a fair and free election Atiku can not win election in Nigeria not even against a worst leader. Only the corrupt ones like him will support and vote for him. The SE/SS that massively voted for him did that because of Peter obi not because they like Atiku. They think he would hand over to Peter obi forgetting that Atiku is a fulani.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by williaam(m): 11:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
The question now is which ethnic tribe will be handed the next presidential ticket come 2023! Judging by the work don to secure his reelection I see this man giving the ticket to the Hausa/Fulani born to rule syndrome people o
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by olarent: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2019
In my own opinion the election was free and fair. If atiku can not win his unit where he scared vote it's mean that is bad at him. An adage say charity begging at home. Mean while apc was more strategic than Pdp allowed all all those big gladiator to leave he akpabio, uduaghan. Uzor kalu
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by higherpower: 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ikio:
E was unpopular becos north hates restructuring, they hate anything good... don't give any northern begger money. Let them suffer joor.

How did you get to give when you said the country is hard? You are contradicting yourself
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Naruto87(m): 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
blackboy:
Blame him for underestimating APC and believing INEC. Weak campaign but in a free and fair election in a sane country it should have been an easy win. Integrity my arse and honest leader indeed , he fell for the wolf in sheep clothing trick.
Not true at all.. In a free and fair election , he might have won but it would never be easy. Some of us genuinely like and support Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Slynation(m): 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
globemoney:
PDP also performed poorly in the SS/SS not just the north..

PDP got less votes from SE/SS than in 2011 and 2015, I’m Anambra for instance where Obi comes from PDP lost over 100k votes than the results of 2015. Abia is even worse

If anything, the SW could have delivered Atiku if he could have competed for votes in the north with Buhari..

In Essence PDP fielded weak candidates who failed their calculations!

Buhari is goin to end up defeating Atiku with the largest winning margin in Nigeria history, it’s currently at 4m+
Obviously u are new to Politics, Go back and check the margin btw OBJ and Buhari or Yar'adua and Buhari.... If I'm not mistaken the margin is. close to 15million
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by wisdomkid: 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amarabae:
First of all, I want to congratulate President Buhari for his reelection ,
I didn't vote for him but at the end of the day, he won
That's one of the beauties of democracy!
Going through the results of the presidential election from the north, I can't help but admit that I am disappointed at the PDP presidential candidate Alhaji atiku abubakar.
1. Knowing fully well that there is a corruption tag hanging around you, why shouting "you will sell NNPC up and down "
What's the essence of the noise?
And about selling it, to whom?
Likely himself through a proxy and his friends,
That NNPC brouhaha depopularise him.
He should learn how to keep his mouth shut most times.
Does he know how many people lost their jobs when Nitel was sold,
Many Nigerians especially northerners were not comfortable with that selling of NNPC thing.
2. He didn't prepare well against rigging and malpractice.
This is Nigeria where elections comes with drama, his presidential campaign organization should have put in mechanism in place to counter that.
And BTW who was the campaign director?
Oh Saraki, who was more focused on retaining his senatorial seat to no avail,
Their whole planning was poor!
3. Atiku needs to ask himself why he was unpopular in the north?
I never knew that he was this unpopular,
Losing your polling unit to buhari is a big embarrassment please,
Let's be frank, Buhari smashed the northern votes,
We thought atiku will divide the northern votes, but what we saw was disheartening.
Look at south where his vice president aspirant, Peter Obinna came from, PDP won the highest number of votes in the south,
That means that Peter Obi delivered.
To my suprise, the PDP votes from South west was very impressive
What is Atiku excuse for the poor performance of PDP in the north from where he is from?

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
But hope you are aware, that the buhari you can't defeat, you joined hands in pushing him to aso rock in 2015?
When you were in APC, you left APC, ran back to PDP that you helped in removing from power and now you can't defeat APC and buhari.
Maybe it is karma fighting back!
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Accept the defeat in good faith
No need of going to court, it will be subjecting yourself to more ridicule.
You are still a billionaire.
Try again in 2023
But certainly NOT in PDP.
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool

What does the common Nigerian know about NNPC?
How many Nigerians have eaten from NNPC?

Stupid

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Slynation(m): 11:51pm On Feb 26, 2019
Atiku lost because he was scammed..... fullStop!!
If the 5million kwakwansiyya movement + 3million Shi'ite members + Tambuwal's effect + IBB effect + The 20million jobless youth had vote for him, This thread won't have exists

Na this Kwakwanso vex me pass, Nigga couldn't even deliver his PU for Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by gadogado(m): 12:07am On Feb 27, 2019
Mordecai:

Dear Amarachi,

When you say you supported Atiku, I understand you because this is a sentiment we both share.

But I have to say I am disappointed that you actually do believe that the results as being announced represent the sentiments of the northern voters. Far from it.

The Buhari core supporters in the north are of two categories:
a.) Those that support him because of his islamic fundamentalist leanings.
b.) Those that support him because they expect he would jail the "rich" people.
c.) Those that support him because it is politically expedient for them to do so.

Between 2015 and now, those in categories (a) and (b) dwindled considerably.

Those in category (c) increased exponentially.

Historically, the tendency for non-muslims to vote for a muslim candidate in Nigeria is inversely proportional to the number of type (a) supporters. For this reason, it is easy to predict how the non-muslim blocs will vote. All APC did was to ensure they didn't get the opportunity to vote. They were easy to identify. Crisis upon crisis meant that in most cities, Muslims live in separate quarters from non-muslims.

Buhari's first term opened the eyes of those in category (b). He lost a lot of support from those. Those were the
swing Atiku votes. All they did in places like Kano etc was to place people in many polling units to police the ballot papers. Woe betide you if you go into such a place and not vote APC.

Thus, while Buhari was expected to win in the NE/NW, it was not with the numbers margin being doled out now. These numbers are made up, frankly.

Atiku knew that. All he needed was the support from the South to coast home to victory. He lost it, because APC was willing to use security agencies to do their dirty work in a way that even PDP was not, in their own days.

So, you do not get to blame the victim. You should instead look at the perpetrator and demand punishment.

I whole heartedly agree with your take.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by ttmax09(m): 12:25am On Feb 27, 2019
Odingo1:
I was born in the north, what you said is not mostly the reason why Atiku fail.
Buhari is seen as a true muslim in the north who support jihadism and sharia. All the senior Imam back Buhari and Almajiris take orders from them, this almajiris are the real voters in the north. Atiku is seen as friend of infidels and have no control over the almajiris. They also trust Buhari to hand over to a northener in 2023 using PDP or APC.

Atiku have little control in the north because he is a liberal man, while Buhari is seen as a Islamic supreme leader because over the years Buhari is a trusted Islamic adherent who provide cover for Islamic hard liners.
Spot on. This is the reason he lost

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by ajeleseujn(m): 12:29am On Feb 27, 2019
globemoney:
PDP also performed poorly in the SS/SS not just the north..

PDP got less votes from SE/SS than in 2011 and 2015, I’m Anambra for instance where Obi comes from PDP lost over 100k votes than the results of 2015. Abia is even worse

If anything, the SW could have delivered Atiku if he could have competed for votes in the north with Buhari..

In Essence PDP fielded weak candidates who failed their calculations!

Buhari is goin to end up defeating Atiku with the largest winning margin in Nigeria history, it’s currently at 4m+

Kwankaso would have been their best bet
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by KunleyY19(m): 1:33am On Feb 27, 2019
Jayson1:
Dear Amarabae,

Didn't it strike you as a surprise that some states ravaged by Boko Haram and extreme poverty could come out in their numbers to vote a lifeless stick who plunged them into that mess?

Before you condemn Atiku, always remember that something is not right with the northerners.

They Know how it was Pre-Buhari and how it is now...

Don't just consume everything you see online... Go to Maiduguri some day...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by KunleyY19(m): 1:34am On Feb 27, 2019
fayte341:

No need for super story and plenty grammar. The election was rigged because he was voted for in the north. Many wards with Atiku supporters were cancelled. Ojo local government in lagos for instance has large population of Atiku supporters but it was cancelled for no reason. No violence nothing. They inflate apc scores and reduce or cancel that of pdp. I agree that yes, PDP neglected anti-rigging mechanism but lets not forget that this might be difficult since they are not in power.

Please lets not shift our focus from d fact that democracy has been murdered in this country. I might as well break my pvc.

That of Amuwo nko
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 27, 2019
skentelelady:
Please just keep quiet. We know your type. Why are you blaming Atiku now? Honestly you sound like an hypocrite and that's what you are.

I couldn't even read all the jargons you wrote up there

Atiku announced before election he would sell NNPC and you still went ahead to vote for him.. Then you came here blabbing nonsense about selling it to himself and friends

Atiku has several corruption and fraud cases around his neck before election, yet you went ahead to vote for him undecided undecided undecided undecided

Atiku didn't win his polling unit because you didn't know he was not popular in his hometown. What nonsense talk is that?

In all you knew Atiku was was a no no but because of your hatred for buhari, you we the ahead to vote for Atiku. You people who voted For Him and still come back to cry had I know are all hypocrites and f00ls

If Atiku had won, would you come here to write these rubbish about being corrupt, NNPC etc

Like Atiku like his voters and supports. Thieves and corrupt bigots

Thank you for saying my mind jare.
Hypocrites can't mask themselves no matter how hard they try to. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by LesbianBoy(m): 2:05am On Feb 27, 2019
Makschinchin:

Hey Mister, stop whipping up tribalism/sentiment here..

See this one! You and who is whipping up tribalism sentiments? Go and sleep jor! I didn't say hate Hausa, I said South east and South south should stop giving alms to Hausas. Simple! They SUDDENLY turned their backs on one of their own and call him all sort of names simply because he had an igbo deputy. But before 2015 when he was supporting buhari he was a saint then and they hailed him. Btw, didn't you see a thread the mods put on frontpage before the elections when a Hausa leader told his crowd in Hausa language not to vote for atiku. That a vote for atiku is a vote for nyamiri? See don't vex me o! Rubbish angry
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku lost cos the election was rigged 150%

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by akintunde63: 8:05am On Feb 27, 2019
Amarabae:
Going through the results of the presidential election from the north, I can't help but admit that I am disappointed at the PDP presidential candidate Alhaji atiku abubakar.
1. Knowing fully well that there is a corruption tag hanging around you, why shouting "you will sell NNPC up and down "
Many Nigerians especially northerners were not comfortable with that selling of NNPC thing.
This is Nigeria where elections comes with drama, his presidential campaign organization should have put in mechanism in place to counter that.
We thought atiku will divide the northern votes, but what we saw was disheartening.
Look at south where his vice president aspirant, Peter Obinna came from, PDP won the highest number of votes in the south,
What is Atiku excuse for the poor performance of PDP in the north from where he is from?

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
But hope you are aware, that the buhari you can't defeat, you joined hands in pushing him to aso rock in 2015?
When you were in APC, you left APC, ran back to PDP that you helped in removing from power and now you can't defeat APC and buhari.
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool

PDP didn't just lose , they actually lost before the election itself. They lost the moment they chose Atiku as their flag bearer. They lost the moment those set of corrupt oligarchs declared their interest to seek the party's nomination.
Atiku was unpopularly known to be a thief. Saraki was also a widely acclaimed thief and schemer, someone who stabbed his own party in the back. Jonah Jang also looted Plateau state treasury...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by akintunde63: 8:06am On Feb 27, 2019
Amarabae:

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool

choosing an Igbo running mate was a big mistake.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by ebilomaofficial1: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku Abubakar the Nairaland president

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Pusyiter(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2019
I might not be your fan or liked you.
But you have won my heart with your objectivity and crisp analysis coupled with the fact that you have great knowledge of Nigerian history
Take a rare KISS from me,
You deserve it and my accolade kiss
Amarabae:

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by romme2u: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2019
angry

I knew sense was far away from op........

..........i just never knew how far it is was

1 Like

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by TBD(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku killing himself by saying he will sell NNPC and also his party contribute to failure of pdp Atiku brought 800Million to my state for election and 28million was share to my local government they allocated #150k to each polling unity but all this money went to the wrong hands they disappear with money that means for buying vote.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by orisa37: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2019
For what? This Election is a Fraud from 2014.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Twoclans(f): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2019
@ Amarabae kiss you could not have said it any better.

How he could not reduce the rigging in the north is what i still don't understand .

How kwankwaso could not get 30% of the kano votes is just laughable.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by smeag0l(m): 10:37am On Feb 27, 2019
Nobody actually used the corruption tag to campaign against Atiku. It's there on his wikipedia page as someone who can't enter the US because of corruption issues. They even mentioned how go got a waiver to travel there.
stephleena:
Front page already. I came late.. Thank u @ the poster above.. they were all out against restructuring...

secondly, Buhari's fans are mostly the poor and naturally poor people are sadistic,they always feel the rich are the cause of their problems.. coupled with the fact that Buhari is a sadist so he didn't find it hard to sell the "corrupt" label..

Atiku gave a good fight @, the north just that Buhari's foot soldiers inflated the votes to their favour..

Nassarawa, Kaduna and Yobe.
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by Emanodimo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
Amarabae:

4. Dear Atiku,
I tried for you,
Supported you,
Voted for you
Who knows!

Dear Atiku Abubakar
Try again in 2023
Thank you.
From Oriaku Amarachi
cool cool

U deserve a round of applause . U reason well from the problem to solutions and way out when the opportunity keep calling.

I respect your opinion. It was well thought for ATIKU .
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by duwdu: 8:52pm On Feb 27, 2019
LesbianBoy:
Amarabae forget long story...

Atiku lost because he had an igbo deputy simple! This people hates the igbos so much and I just don't know why. I mean see saraki. When he was in APC and supporting buhari how many times did he go to kwara and have people screaming "ole" at him? He wasn't this hated then, but immediately he used "mago-mago" and become senate president and made an igbo man his deputy then switched to PDP, they turned their backs on him. Also, look at dogara his partner in crime, people keep saying saraki is a thief bla bla bla....dogara is also a thief but he didn't have an igbo deputy and boom he was re-elected! angry

Brilliant thinking all through; however, the reasons "this people hates the igbos so much," and the Igbos equally hate this people so much, are as clear as day to one who isn't partisan. I won't pretend to be sleeping and refuse to wake up when the town crier comes around with that message to wake up!

Anyways, to each his/her own.

P34c3
Re: Atiku Has Only Himself To Blame! by duwdu: 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
skentelelady:
Please just keep quiet. We know your type. Why are you blaming Atiku now? Honestly you sound like an hypocrite and that's what you are.

I couldn't even read all the jargons you wrote up there

Atiku announced before election he would sell NNPC and you still went ahead to vote for him.. Then you came here blabbing nonsense about selling it to himself and friends

Atiku has several corruption and fraud cases around his neck before election, yet you went ahead to vote for him undecided undecided undecided undecided

Atiku didn't win his polling unit because you didn't know he was not popular in his hometown. What nonsense talk is that?

In all you knew Atiku was was a no no but because of your hatred for buhari, you we the ahead to vote for Atiku. You people who voted For Him and still come back to cry had I know are all hypocrites and f00ls

If Atiku had won, would you come here to write these rubbish about being corrupt, NNPC etc

Like Atiku like his voters and supports. Thieves and corrupt bigots

Brilliant! And I approve this message.

P34c3

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Destiny Etiko Meets With Governor Yahaya Bello In Kogi (Photo) / Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / Governor Matawalle Forces Teachers To Eat Poor Meal Provided For Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.