Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,911 members, 7,952,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? (17431 Views)

Next Level: What Nigeria 'youths' Should Do To APC Leaders - Photos Included / Next Level: What Fg Is Doing To Improve Governance, Service Delivery – Osinbajo / 'the Next Level'- What Is Unique About PMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Billionaire09: 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

You're quoting unfounded sources when it comes to real journalism. Those are mere blogs. You don't need to write my office, present your proofs online. I mean paper evidence(s) not magazine webs.

If you are still looking for the evidence of budgets diversion. You left me no choice to believing that you are as corrupt as slaves masters.

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by SEONaijaExpert: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
Billionaire09:

If you are still looking for the evidence of budgets diversion. You left me no choice to believing that you are as corrupt as slaves masters.
That was properly addressed before the election. I guess you've not been reading the right sources. Do you need me to post it?

1 Like

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
kernel001:

Brother, most advanced nations simply empower there institutions, build securities against theft, not waiting to prosecute people.

The best way to discourage ills in any society is
1. Employment
2. Equity
3. Transparency
4. Merit
5. Good governance.

But you cannot empower institutions and build securities against theft when there are thieves in the institutions that will block every attempt to do so. For example, laws that will curb or reduce the excesses in government will not be passed when the beneficiaries are in power. They will fight it.

Secondly, what has happened to all the monies pumped into federal schools or for the development of the country's respective constituencies? These thieves in government have been eating all the money.

Prosecution of thieves is a preliminary and necessary step to build an economy in a unique state like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Fixedgame7941: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
See below
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by streamsofjoy(f): 6:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
slawomir:
i learnt a lot in this election

Despite the fact that we are not disturbed by heardsmen in Edo state but we wanted to help the northern people and Benue to end the killings by voting for atiku by putting our self through stress and risk to vote and defend it when it was obvious that the government of Edo is APC and the chairman of APC is oshiomohole. Still we did it and battle it for them. PDP won

But what did we get betrayal from north and Benue
I was surprised to see the number of people who still voted for APC in Benue

Isoright!!! Anything that happened to them now is their business
We tried
I give up

If i hear any bad news from that region from now on i will just type '"enjoy your next level"

And thunder will fire anybody that says we should pray for Kaduna, zamfara,Bornu and benue

Haba! So u believe that Kogi and Benue actually voted APC?
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by slawomir: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
streamsofjoy:

Haba! So u believe that Kogi and Benue actually voted APC?
The thing tire me na
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Billionaire09: 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

That was properly addressed before the election. I guess you've not been reading the right sources. Do you need me to post it?

What do you want to post if not to defend your pay masters?

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by SEONaijaExpert: 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
Billionaire09:

What do you want to post if not to defend your pay masters?
Your opinion is practically irrelevant
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by omohayek: 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2019
grandstar:

It is more likely that Buhari scales Mount Everest next week than to implement your first 3 proposals.
And therein lies Nigeria's tragedy - the only serious alternative to a sickly old statist President was a notorious crook who bought his nomination and then gathered even more notorious crooks like Saraki around him. If Buhari had the minimal level of wisdom to know when to delegate policy to others, that would be one thing, but he insists on calling the major shots despite having no clue what he's doing!

I wonder why Buhari doesn't apply the same approach towards relying on experts when treating his mystery illnesses, instead of flying out to London for several months at a time. Surely the economic health of an entire nation is worth far more than the health of a single old man, but Buhari prefers to take chances with the Nigerian economy by engaging in the sort of uninformed dabbling he would never dare when it comes to his own medical treatment.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by omohayek: 10:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
DanXplore:

But you cannot empower institutions and build securities against theft when there are thieves in the institutions that will block every attempt to do so. For example, laws that will curb or reduce the excesses in government will not be passed when the beneficiaries are in power. They will fight it.

Secondly, what has happened to all the monies pumped into federal schools or for the development of the country's respective constituencies? These thieves in government have been eating all the money.

Prosecution of thieves is a preliminary and necessary step to build an economy in a unique state like Nigeria.
You mix cause and effect. While prosecution of thieves is good to have, the best way to prevent people from stealing is to remove the opportunity in the first place - by deregulating and downsizing the public sector to the maximum extent possible. It is a lot harder to steal with impunity from a private corporation - whose owners will waste no time prosecuting wayward employees vigorously - than it is to embezzle huge sums from a parastatal which is only accountable to a few politicians, especially when one can always pull the "Leave our son/daughter alone!" tribal card if anybody starts asking difficult questions.

Nigeria's rampant corruption can be traced directly to the sheer size and scope of government at all levels. Nobody who fails to acknowledge this can be taken seriously as "fighting corruption", as the only way to really bring it down sustainably is to fix the systemic causes, instead of carrying out spurts of selective prosecution of a few top crooks while leaving the vast majority of smaller thieves alone. Buhari's approach has exactly zero chance of working in the long term.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
omohayek:

You mix cause and effect. While prosecution of thieves is good to have, the best way to prevent people from stealing is to remove the opportunity in the first place - by deregulating and downsizing the public sector to the maximum extent possible. It is a lot harder to steal with impunity from a private corporation - whose owners will waste no time prosecuting wayward employees vigorously - than it is to embezzle huge sums from a parastatal which is only accountable to a few politicians, especially when one can always pull the "Leave our son/daughter alone!" tribal card if anybody starts asking difficult questions.

Nigeria's rampant corruption can be traced directly to the sheer size and scope of government at all levels. Nobody who fails to acknowledge this can be taken seriously as "fighting corruption", as the only way to really bring it down sustainably is to fix the systemic causes, instead of carrying out spurts of selective prosecution of a few top crooks while leaving the vast majority of smaller thieves alone. Buhari's approach has exactly zero chance of working in the long term.

I agree with all you've said but you are still missing the basic point. You mentioned deregulating and downsizing the public sector which appears to be good but you fail to take into account the process through which it could be made possible. We have three arms of government, each with a direct or indirect stake in the decisions of the executive. Will these thieves allow the passage of bills for the deregulation of the electricity distribution sector in Nigeria for instance?

You also suggested down sizng the government workforce and I ask again, will the Law Makers who are the prime beneficiaries of the prevailing corrupt systems approve such an idea? It is not a case of mixing cause and effect. The damage has been done and the effect appears to be cascading to infinity. The effect of having a weak constitution is the presence of corruption in the arms of government. The only way to effectively strengthen the mandate of the constitution is by reducing impunity to the barest minimum. How could this be done? It is by showing the citizenry that no one, absolutely no one, is above the law.

I agree that the fight appears to be selective. But I consider it a starting point in the fight against corruption. Do your research properly. All the countries performing well are brutal against criminals. They have a relatively good justice system that administers appropriate punishment to offenders.

1 Like

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2019
Donmedra:
I just want buhari to make us suffer, suffer well well.

Herdsmen should resume their work and double their efforts in the middle belt.

I want cattle ranching force on Igbo, Yoruba, Edo and delta people.

I want all federal appointment to go to the north.

Senate speaker
Deputy speaker
Cbn nnpc

Etc

So Shall It Be Inshal Allah, In Jesus Name
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by omohayek: 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
DanXplore:

I agree with all you've said but you are still missing the basic point. You mentioned deregulating and downsizing the public sector which appears to be good but you fail to take into account the process through which it could be made possible. We have three arms of government, each with a direct or indirect stake in the decisions of the executive. Will these thieves allow the passage of bills for the deregulation of the electricity distribution sector in Nigeria for instance?

You also suggested down sizng the government workforce and I ask again, will the Law Makers who are the prime beneficiaries of the prevailing corrupt systems approve such an idea? It is not a case of mixing cause and effect. The damage has been done and the effect appears to be cascading to infinity. The effect of having a weak constitution is the presence of corruption in the arms of government. The only way to effectively strengthen the mandate of the constitution is by reducing impunity to the barest minimum. How could this be done? It is by showing the citizenry that no one, absolutely no one, is above the law.
This is nonsense; you completely ignore the fact that Nigeria has witnessed deregulation and privatization in several aspects of the economy over the last 25 years, despite having a political class at least as corrupt as the current ones in Abuja. How did NITEL and NEPA get privatized if what you say is true? All you're doing here is making excuses for Buhari's utter lack of vision and his complete failure to understand even basic economics.

I agree that the fight appears to be selective. But I consider it a starting point in the fight against corruption. Do your research properly. All the countries performing well are brutal against criminals. They have a relatively good justice system that administers appropriate punishment to offenders.
I have done my research, over many, many years, covering not just historical case studies, but careful econometric studies of what factors encourage and reduce corruption: it is because of those studies that I know Buhari's current "anti corruption fight" is doomed to fail, just as his "War Against Indiscipline" failed, just as Murtala's own "anti corruption" efforts failed, and just as other such schemes by the likes of Jerry Rawlings have always failed when tried elsewhere.

The only sustainable way to truly reduce corruption is to eliminate the opportunities for it to occur. Abolish import bans and smuggling collapses, along with incentives to bribe customs officials; eliminate multiple exchange rates and float the Naira, and suddenly nobody can get rich quick through "round tripping" scams; eliminate pointless red tape and make any other registration work electronic, and now civil servants can no longer hold ordinary people to ransom by refusing to do their jobs without receiving "dash". All of these sorts of things were perfectly within Buhari's power to carry out over the last 4 years, but he has made no serious effort in such directions, no doubt because his understanding is stuck on the same low level as you've displayed here. Countries like Denmark, Switzerland, New Zealand and Canada don't need or have "brutal", draconian laws of the sort you desire, yet they are at the top of any objective rankings of corruption-free places, well ahead of "brutal" places like China, which remains rife with corruption despite handing out death sentences for it like garri.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 27, 2019
omohayek:

This is nonsense; you completely ignore the fact that Nigeria has witnessed deregulation and privatization in several aspects of the economy over the last 25 years, despite having a political class at least as corrupt as the current ones in Abuja.
And what has been the result of the privatization? Why did the government opt for the sale of NITEL and NEPA? Why wasn's NNPC sold? These are the questions a rational mind should ask.
All you're doing here is making excuses for Buhari's utter lack of vision and his complete failure to understand even basic economics.
No i am not. My preferred candidate has always been Donald Duke. By this unnecessary accusation, i am beginning to think that you are just angry because your chances of benefiting from PDP's corruption blueprint has been checkmated by PMB's re-emergence.

I have done my research, over many, many years, covering not just historical case studies, but careful econometric studies of what factors encourage and reduce corruption: it is because of those studies that I know Buhari's current "anti corruption fight" is doomed to fail, just as his "War Against Indiscipline" failed, just as Murtala's own "anti corruption" efforts failed, and just as other such schemes by the likes of Jerry Rawlings have always failed when tried elsewhere.
I am not impressed by your studies. You did not need to mention it. But I am sure you know that the social sciences are inexact in nature because they are built on probability distributions. A case with a high probability of occurrence could likely be true but could be the total opposite and that is why common sense, which you clearly lack, must be employed in employing its principles. The methods employed by the people you mentioned might have failed in their dispensation, but is working perfectly well in China therefore, your conclusion about the anti corruption fight by the government is fallacious. What i think the government should do is to identify the reasons why the anti corruption fights in these mens era failed and make amends accordingly.

[s]The only sustainable way to truly reduce corruption is to eliminate the opportunities for it to occur. Abolish import bans and smuggling collapses, along with incentives to bribe customs officials; eliminate multiple exchange rates and float the Naira, and suddenly nobody can get rich quick through "round tripping" scams; eliminate pointless red tape and make any other registration work electronic, and now civil servants can no longer hold ordinary people to ransom by refusing to do their jobs without receiving "dash". [/s]
To me, this is perhaps the most disappointing and illogical of all the garbage you posted. It is a case of 'building the body without the foundation'. While i agree that embargoes be lifted on the ban on certain items, i think it is quite silly of you to suggest that all items be let loose. How will Nigeria sustain the needed economic growth with a negative trade balance? I think it is wise to place embargoes on items that could be produced locally, in similitude of what was done by India. It will provide jobs for the people on the grass-root level and at the same time lower the demand for foreign items. Once there is a reduction in demand for foreign goods, there will be reduction in demand for foreign currency. This is how the Naira will strengthen and not by that poo you posted up there but again, there are several macroeconomic factors that might come into play if we are to look at the peculiarities of the Nigerian climate. I will re-iterate this to you again that the widespread corruption by custom officers as well as other public officers is as a result of lawlessness.

hold All of these sorts of things were perfectly within Buhari's power to carry out over the last 4 years, but he has made no serious effort in such directions, no doubt because his understanding is stuck on the same low level as you've displayed here.
I hope that by now you would have realised who the shallow one is.
"brutal", draconian laws of the sort you desire, yet they are at the top of any objective rankings of corruption-free places, well ahead of "brutal" places like China, which remains rife with corruption despite handing out death sentences for it like garri.
You took my use of the word "brutal" out of context. It does not in any way suggest inhumane approaches to discipline but rather, a strict enforcement justice. Don't just use metaphors out of a quest for opportunities to use them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by otosa(m): 11:58pm On Feb 27, 2019
Restructuring
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by bionixs: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2019
sexybaby22:
My own question is, can anyone state what APC promised us exactly that they will do if reelected, cuz all I heard from them is insults to Atiku to travel to America.
please,all the uneducated graduates on nairaland who think that their grandfather who doesn't know who is who,will give them a good future in 21century, should help us answer the question
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by bionixs: 12:21am On Feb 28, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Continuation of existing projects, that's all.

Unlike what the uninformed made many people believed before the election, this administration did a lot based on her diversification agenda since coming into office in 2015.

As regards infrastructure, so much is in place and several projects uncompleted, the next 4 years will attend to that.

Even in the power sector, there's structures on ground to increase the megawatts from 6,500.

More support to rice farmers for more mass production which will obviously increase competition thereby reduction in price of rice. Also more provision of storage facilities.

Personally, once the agricultural sector is strengthened heavily, with a boost in the manufacturing and telecoms sectors that does it.

These things the government has got planned and that's a lot of achievements in 8 years.

In addition, we need more recovery of looted funds. Go after anybody regardless of their title, status or national accomplishments. We need those funds.
going by your dream,you have malaria with typhoid,YOU are running high temperature and should stop drinking. when did they say that or what your empty mind without direction.
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by bionixs: 12:28am On Feb 28, 2019
DanXplore:
Nothing much. Just continue jailing those thieves.
don't let me curse you because it will affect you.so after all the highway and backlight robbery the world witnessed last Saturday,you still said what you say? spit
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 28, 2019
bionixs:
don't let me curse you because it will affect you.so after all the highway and backlight robbery the world witnessed last Saturday,you still said what you say? spit

Hey man, there was rigging and everyone knows that. Are you saying that only APC is guilty? Even PDP and those other mushroom parties that were brave enough rigged. PDP is only angry because APC used the political advantage they had to overpower them. I spit back at you 'teew'

1 Like

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by LordAdam16: 4:09am On Feb 28, 2019
omohayek:

This is nonsense; you completely ignore the fact that Nigeria has witnessed deregulation and privatization in several aspects of the economy over the last 25 years, despite having a political class at least as corrupt as the current ones in Abuja. How did NITEL and NEPA get privatized if what you say is true? All you're doing here is making excuses for Buhari's utter lack of vision and his complete failure to understand even basic economics.

The only sustainable way to truly reduce corruption is to eliminate the opportunities for it to occur. Abolish import bans and smuggling collapses, along with incentives to bribe customs officials; eliminate multiple exchange rates and float the Naira, and suddenly nobody can get rich quick through "round tripping" scams; eliminate pointless red tape and make any other registration work electronic, and now civil servants can no longer hold ordinary people to ransom by refusing to do their jobs without receiving "dash". All of these sorts of things were perfectly within Buhari's power to carry out over the last 4 years, but he has made no serious effort in such directions, no doubt because his understanding is stuck on the same low level as you've displayed here. Countries like Denmark, Switzerland, New Zealand and Canada don't need or have "brutal", draconian laws of the sort you desire, yet they are at the top of any objective rankings of corruption-free places, well ahead of "brutal" places like China, which remains rife with corruption despite handing out death sentences for it like garri.

Really?! Still spending valuable time doing this.

Leave them to their fate. Seriously, let them be.

-Lord
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by bionixs: 7:52am On Feb 28, 2019
DanXplore:

Hey man, there was rigging and everyone knows that. Are you saying that only APC is guilty? Even PDP and those other mushroom parties that were brave enough rigged. PDP is only angry because APC used the political advantage they had to overpower them. I spit back at you 'teew'
if it is so,why not cancel the entire election sighting massive rigging as it not transparent. As you so support mischief, you shall seen most of it in your career this 4 hears
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Slynation(m): 8:36am On Feb 28, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

That's laughable, you're one of the uneducated I'm trying to help with facts and figures. It's OK to have an opinion of your own but it's absolutely illiteracy to be shown facts and not accept it.

Anyway, I have nothing else to say, i just hope what your expectations and thoughts on this present regime turns out positive...
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by SEONaijaExpert: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2019
Slynation:

Anyway, I have nothing else to say, i just hope what your expectations and thoughts on this present regime turns out positive...
Absolutely, it's best we remain hopeful and positive. We can't move forward expecting evils to happen somehow somewhere. I believe in this administration and that's my strength.

1 Like

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Slynation(m): 8:52am On Feb 28, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

Absolutely, it's best we remain hopeful and positive. We can't move forward expecting evils to happen somehow somewhere. I believe in this administration and that's my strength.
I hope so, but nEXt LeVEl of killings just began I don't have anything to say for now, lemme be observing
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2019
bionixs:
if it is so,why not cancel the entire election sighting massive rigging as it not transparent. As you so support mischief, you shall seen most of it in your career this 4 hears

Lol. As you support thief. So shall all your savings be stolen.
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by bionixs: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2019
DanXplore:

Lol. As you support thief. So shall all your savings be stolen.
give me the thief and let him take my savings.
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Billionaire09: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

Your opinion is practically irrelevant

So is yours.
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by litaninja(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2019
Lol. You can't have future tense as a list of achievements sir. Also, I don't recall posting a disapproval either. Simply pointed out a fact.
SEONaijaExpert:

I didn't make my comment as a list of achievements neither was it posted for your approval.
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2019
BENARI:
Sorry I didn't read the op's crab.

But as implied by the topic, I want buhari's testicles for pepper soup.

Can I have It?
What an hypocrite.
Makes u dull and annoying.
Can you tone down this rhetoric of hate please. If indeed the pigs in your words, are the pained ones, then your message isn't reflecting your joy of victory, rather it reflects anger as if you are the loser here. 

If messages like yours and the likes from all sides continue to pour out here unabated, Rwanda is closer than we may think. When a war begins, the outcome is far from precise.

The Hutus who started the genocide because they were majority ended up not having tasted power at the center since the end of the genocide.

The Americans with all thier might are now negotiating with the Taliban in Afghanistan after 17 years of brutal war with ragtag group.

This message is to all without reserve.

I also call on the managers of this platform like I've done before to do something about this every increasing danger on its platform. 
You will along with other media platforms and the negligent government also have blood on your hands when this pregnancy is finally delivered

Someone like you is supposed to be tied to a poll and beat the number of votes the thief u voted for got..
Cipy copy hypocrites
Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by SEONaijaExpert: 7:42am On Mar 01, 2019
litaninja:
Lol. You can't have future tense as a list of achievements sir. Also, I don't recall posting a disapproval either. Simply pointed out a fact.
Whatever you claimed to have pointed was practically irrelevant. I already highlighted at random your so-called fact, my comment once again was not meant to contain a list of achievements of this administration and I think an educated person would spot the difference.

1 Like

Re: Next Level: What Do You Want From This Administration? by BENARI: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2019
TheGreenLand:

What an hypocrite.
Makes u dull and annoying.
Can you tone down this rhetoric of hate please. If indeed the pigs in your words, are the pained ones, then your message isn't reflecting your joy of victory, rather it reflects anger as if you are the loser here. 

If messages like yours and the likes from all sides continue to pour out here unabated, Rwanda is closer than we may think. When a war begins, the outcome is far from precise.

The Hutus who started the genocide because they were majority ended up not having tasted power at the center since the end of the genocide.

The Americans with all thier might are now negotiating with the Taliban in Afghanistan after 17 years of brutal war with ragtag group.

This message is to all without reserve.

I also call on the managers of this platform like I've done before to do something about this every increasing danger on its platform. 
You will along with other media platforms and the negligent government also have blood on your hands when this pregnancy is finally delivered

Someone like you is supposed to be tied to a poll and beat the number of votes the thief u voted for got..
Cipy copy hypocrites

Good job!

I see you're more matured than your initial post suggested.

You may have taken my post which you quoted out of context, but that not withstanding, my message to you and all earlier should not be discarded on the basis of my "misguided" posted.

I was no scent either.

Lives WILL, not MIGHT someday be lost to our hate post here on Nairaland and some other similar platforms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ondo Election 2020: Eyitayo Jegede Will Defeat Akeredolu – Tambuwal / You’re Worst Of All Our Enemies, IPOB Replies Wike / More Northerners Detained In Fresh Abia Raid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.