Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? (61145 Views)

Has A Lady Visited You Before And Refused To Leave Again / My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant / Ladies, What Would You Do If This Guy Were Your Boyfriend Or Husband? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by coolfems(m): 3:48am On Mar 03, 2019
Quite funny and absurd sha.
tapoutnews.com.ng
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by koxi: 3:51am On Mar 03, 2019
It wasn't funny at all...see tension everywhere that day
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by lielbree: 4:05am On Mar 03, 2019
My dad saw me standing with my bf. I thought he wouldn't recognise me cuz the place was dark. He did...

He just walked away. Later when I came inside he advised me, that's all. No shouting no beating. I obeyed him.

7 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by bigtt76(f): 4:35am On Mar 03, 2019
Me: Dad ...meet my friend Abbass
Dad: Tani Abbass?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gbemishile1:
I was listening to a program where they were sharing experiences on how their parents first reacted the first time their boyfriend or girlfriend first visited their home. This got me feeling with laughter as I remembered the first time my papa see one girl for I'm house say she dey look for me.

My papa and my three sisters siddon for our midst dey listen to wetin i dey yarn the girl. If you see as I dey stammer. The girl sef just dey look down,she no even fit raise im head.

Nairalander, what was your parent's first reaction when your boyfriend or girlfriend visited you at home.

Drop your comments below

9 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by BiGVEEN58(m): 4:48am On Mar 03, 2019
starstaz:

l like this topic. My parents countenance and suspicion changes when I clocked 16yrs ( More than two decades ago) partly based on the local experience and will vow to Let me go and form my own family should I impregnate any girl. The keyword is don't get close to girls. This later affected my social interaction with Ladies in my post formative years in d University.
Later years , they were complaining again that all my visitors are Men and the next question is are u not going to settle down and form your own family. I ask have u guys raised the embargo not to get close!
This was me bro.
My Dad’s advice against women made me never considered having a girlfriend in school.
I don’t even know if to tag it bad or good.

2 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by chinnyonwu(m): 4:52am On Mar 03, 2019
frank41:

I was strictly Warned by my mom never to touch a gal with my hand that any time i do so the gal will get pregnant.That alone kept me away from gaps through out my days in the university and service year.
Though I'm regretting it to an extent.
Lol if you believed that up to university level maybe you are reeallllly slow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by BiGVEEN58(m): 4:58am On Mar 03, 2019
stuntman007:
I just remember that year back in secondary school. there was this girl with big eye balls; even my friends refer to her as "shine yours eyes". that's how the babe just showed up to my house from from school lessons during one long hold.

I was busy playing football in the soccer field when I saw my friend running to my direction screening " guy shine yours don come your house, your mama say make u show" with so much amusement in their face, I could tell they where mocking me silently.

long story cut short, my mama want use message finish me with her her facial expression like this pikin no go kill me. I could not finish one conversation with that girl till we got to the bus stop when she was ready to leave.

By the way, do you know mothers don't like their sons with ugly girls?

I noticed women don’t like their sons with ugly girls. The problem now is that my girlfriend is ugly. And my mom never see her

*pls don’t just like and leave... advice me pls.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by blingxx(m): 5:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Yewandequeen:
No be bf visit me self na just ordinary friend. The kin beating my dad gave me ehn the marks still dey show for my back. embarassed

Daddy's girl cheesy... I think I would have done the same to my sister grin

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by blingxx(m): 5:27am On Mar 03, 2019
Totogokillme:
My Mum; ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,*looks at the girl from head to toe*.....so you are the girl disturbing my son....

My Dad;. When I was your age I never.........
After a while,treat her well ooo,make her comfortable

Me at the age of 18cheesy
My dad: if you like impregnate someone pikin thank God you are old enough to work nothing concern me

Mom:a yoruba mother grin(after the girl left) see how her Legs be like yam, she no even get yansh, she doesn't even know how to greet properly, this one just one chop from you and dump you........ That was how I stop bringing girls home cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Yewandequeen:
No be bf visit me self na just ordinary friend. The kin beating my dad gave me ehn the marks still dey show for my back. embarassed
so now nko?? awa suitors fit show face now? abi cutlass dey wait us?
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Num07033711115(m): 5:50am On Mar 03, 2019
I never carry her go house still testing her
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by ojsmscom(m): 5:59am On Mar 03, 2019
friendship with the opposite sex was a no go area till I left home for the university..parents can monitor shaa
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Isoduwa(m): 6:00am On Mar 03, 2019
NLFINEST:
When I was growing up they told me not to play with girls else belle will come. Now they are begging me to bring babe. ���

Not to marry but to bring in babies?abi

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 03, 2019
This topic go make sense. My grab popcorn...
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Yewandequeen(f): 6:17am On Mar 03, 2019
Delivar:

Hmm. How old were you then?
I was 17yrs. Worst of all he took me to midwife to test if I was still a virgin, and the midwife told me she will put egg down there. shocked I was so scared, embarrassed and sad but after plenty talk and advice she left me be. But really the flogging is still fresh in my head, my back freaking peeled. embarassed

Now his tone has changed, he is like ehn u know before I used to chase men from you but now your are matured to bring one home. In my mind I be like ehen na now ur eyes clear abi. Still love his disciplinary method sha, though harsh but it was for my own good.

10 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Yewandequeen(f): 6:21am On Mar 03, 2019
RealAdewole:

When can I visit?
who? My parents? Anytime you want grin
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Yewandequeen(f): 6:23am On Mar 03, 2019
blingxx:

Daddy's girl cheesy... I think I would have done the same to my sister grin
trust me you wouldn't have been able to beat your sister that way. Aswear daddy beat me like I wasn't his child. He used 2pankere at the same time, they got broken he added koboko(horse whip) my dad got no chill embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Yewandequeen(f): 6:24am On Mar 03, 2019
doctorkush:
so now nko?? awa suitors fit show face now? abi cutlass dey wait us?
I dey tell you, their tory don change now grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Birminghamvirgo(m): 6:27am On Mar 03, 2019
they were like; re u ready yet?

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Kiziboy(m): 6:29am On Mar 03, 2019
Nave had any, but I know my mom will talk, if u give am belly they were be no more education for u as u say na wife be ur problem
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by devlishGINGER(m): 6:29am On Mar 03, 2019
Lol that was way back in 2007, I think I was just 17 years old then. The girl liked me because I hardly talk so she came to my house on a Saturday when every Goddamm person was at home. You know am from a family of five and was the first a girl would ever come looking for.
She was very beautiful and my dad kept giving me counseling in her presence about Christ and how he died for our sins on the cross of calvary, how we need to face our books and get into the University. It was so annoying and frustrating eehen.
My mum was just laughing but at one point she started asking the girl very funny questions like
"so where do you live" "what food do you eat" where does you dad come from "" where do you hang you cap when you get home" "is your mother a Nigerian?"
"you know ginger doesn't talk, how did you get to meet each other?" that girl sef dey really shy, I had to answer for her. Sote my mum went and bought cake for her when she wasn't even celebrating birthday.
When she later left, my mum asked "where u go find Mami water girl, she fine o"
She traveled out of Nigeria 2years later and that was it

23 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by victorian(f): 6:33am On Mar 03, 2019
Interesting topic smiley

I remember way back when I was in primary school I dare not bring a boy home , cause my mum said if I allow a guy talk to me I will get pregnant and suffer for life selling tomatoes and pepper , grin

So no way must I bring home a boy orelse I'm dead already.

Then secondary school level I didn't even get close to any boy ,how much inviting any home . So when I was done with waec , waiting for jamb result . I think I was like 17years , so a matured guy of 30 years was wooing me then. And there was one time he gave me a love letter , on my way to the market ..smiles. I took the letter home and kept it amongst my clothes in the cupboard . I always read, smile and day dream lol. Until one day , I came back from school, my mum has already ransacked my things and saw the letter .

That day , I got the beating of my life that reset my brain to default setting ! As she beat the hell out of me saying so I want to get pregnant and disgrace her, she will kill me before I do so. Sighs that day was a nightmare on its own. Quickly I cut off from the guy . The thing hurt the guy no be small.

Now fastforward to when I graduated from uni and my mum hardly sees mW with a man, she will always call me and say how come UV not brought any man home ?
I say mama, the men in town these days are players don't worry one day I will marry ..

Na now she dey worry ..parents ehn?

Shes late now ,wit dad . at least nobody is disturbing my life to go marry . thank God cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 6:34am On Mar 03, 2019
stuntman007:
I just remember that year back in secondary school. there was this girl with big eye balls; even my friends refer to her as "shine yours eyes". that's how the babe just showed up to my house from from school lessons during one long hold.

I was busy playing football in the soccer field when I saw my friend running to my direction screening " guy shine yours don come your house, your mama say make u show" with so much amusement in their face, I could tell they where mocking me silently.

long story cut short, my mama want use message finish me with her her facial expression like this pikin no go kill me. I could not finish one conversation with that girl till we got to the bus stop when she was ready to leave.

By the way, do you know mothers don't like their sons with ugly girls?
grin lmao
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Udoskybest: 6:40am On Mar 03, 2019
They were calm, I mean very calm until she left. Come see bashing

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Nona96: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2019
my mom was quite happy. She was impressed with my boyfriend and also asked me to stay and play games with him. I was quite shocked as my mom acted completely like an old school mom but was completely wrong about her.
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by cEEDii(m): 6:52am On Mar 03, 2019
I saw a smile of happiness, she wouldn't want her to go away

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by LUMY7: 6:53am On Mar 03, 2019
I'm earning some cool cash on Scooper. Come on and join me to get coins. Coins can be converted to cash! https://g.scooper.news/register.html?countryCode=NG&language=en&uid=551762815002607616&shareChannel=Copy%20to%20clipboard
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by Lukmanraji(m): 7:00am On Mar 03, 2019
I remember that time, I was living with my grandma and there's this girl living close to my house. She is the one am dating, this girl will come to my house any day any time.

there was a time this girl came into my room in the midnight because we attend the same mosque and the mosque is having a vigil program which my grandma attended. Unfortunately, my grandma came home and stumbled on us while am rough handling this girl on the bed.

she was short of words, she just kept mute and take what she wants to take and left the room quitely. but i could smell hell in her face.

The next day, she advised me to be careful because if I impregnate the girl peren, it is my mom that will suffer it.

in her words, she said something like... thank God, your dad has a house. Just that my mom will suffer it the most because she will be sleeping on the floor while the mother and baby will take over the bed.

not quite long, I broke up with the girl and I never date anyone in the neighborhood since then.

Mehn, grandmas are the best mothers.

10 Likes

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by declaro(m): 7:06am On Mar 03, 2019
MissJoy29:
Them no born you well make you carry man come my papa house then. This man gave me an ear-reconstructive slap one evening when he heard I went to visit a guy. Chai! Aside blinding headache the next day, I had earache & red swollen eyes. After that, you must really hate yourself if you attempt to bring someone home.

Even now, he still kinda embarrasses my friends. I ain't gonna introduce him to any man again until it's time for the main meeting.

Who are you calling THIS MAN? Your own father can't be your THIS MAN as your own mother can't be THIS WOMAN.
Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by cooluzi: 7:09am On Mar 03, 2019
Yewandequeen:
lmao..... naso parent be

1 Like

Re: Your Parents First Reaction When Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend First Visited You? by kaziblake(f): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2019
Mehn a guy came to visit me when I was 19yrs and I already told my mum about his coming, she agreed wholeheartedly but I never knew she had plans for me...When this guy came she served him well and even gisted with him a bit. Next thing was
Mum:Thelma come here,Have you told your friend that you are a very lazy girl?
Me..Bleep!I wanted to faint
Do you know that my mum took this guy to my room and where I keep my dirty cloths even poured the remaining Pepsi I drank on my face in front of this boy...That day I wanted to kill myself,I cried and cried telling her to show me my real mother..

39 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Slay Queens Scramble To Pick Money Sprayed At A House Party (Video) / See Why This Guy Ended His Relationship ( PHOTO ) / Anambra Seals Hotel Over Viral Pool Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.