Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time (68214 Views)

How Long After You Meet A New Partner Do You Initiate Sex? / How Did You Meet The Love Of Your Life? / Sex Booths In Zurich, Switzerland Where Prostitutes & Customers Meet For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Preshy561(f): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Lol. Mine was when I was 17-18 year old, I normally visit my sister who studied in one of the Federal university then. Normally, she will leave me for school and if I get bored sort of, I'd go round to feed my eyes.

So, one faithful day, as I was doing my usual strolling, I stopped at newspaper vendor and decided to relax and listen to people discuss politics, cos I like politics grin grin

Then, I bought my banana and grandnut and I shared to the old men sitting and discussing the politics they thanked me and I continued eating my banana. grin grin

So, as I stayed long, the gists became interesting that I was forced to add my little idea about Nigerian political issues, even though I reluctantly say my mind, so they saw how profound I was in the happening even with my small body grin grin grin, they became interested that as a very young lady I could muster such words, well, I didn't send anybody. grin grin

I continued eating my banana So, one of them asked my name and school which I told them, reluctantly.

They were amazed though, though I didn't bother asking them as I was already tired waiting for my sister to come home, naso them begin introduce themselves, I didn't have any idea that I was sitting with a SAN, Special Assistant TO THE STATE GOVERNOR, Secretary of the state, lol. And these men had security men on waiting for them. grin grin

And I was told that I was close to the government house, and all That, well, I helped a friend then who was a jobless lawyer through the SAN, later lost his contact when I lost my phone and changed my number in 2015. cry cry cry

14 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by zomby(m): 1:11am On Mar 02, 2019
fxtimi:
So, you met Kola Abiola?
quote author=Swissheart post=76262465]I got a call from one Lateef to make a reservation for 3nights because I work in a resort. When I got the call, I took the reservation and the man gave the reservation name as Lateef. He booked 2rooms.

We spoke a couple of time before his arrival date because he always had questions to ask.

Then he checked in with his family......i couldn't confirm his payment in time so I told him I wouldn't check him in to the room until a notification of payment is received. He was calm.....He understood, together with his family, he sat at the Resturant waiting.

Then payment was received and i checked him in......he was smiling all through.

Then my manager saw him and said....."do you want to tell me you don't know that man" i was like " no ma" She said " that's lateef, moshood abiola's first son..........okay, kuku kee me. And ofcos he tipped me enough to make me smile.

It was the highest form of humility I came across. Other experiences I had , I knew who they were before meeting them.

If Kola Abiola could make you shake like a palm tree, I guess you may Pee in your pant when you meet me ...lol

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Elderniercri(m): 2:04am On Mar 02, 2019
lefulefu:
i no blame the rich igbo guy oo cos the rate which scammers operate on the street is on the high side now. Anytime i dey ATM stand i prefer not to engage in an endless chit chat with a stranger cos na there these scammers dey take enter u. The other guy dat helped u out was brave.
I’ve been in situations like dat before, sometimes the line is just too long and u can’t wait...I’ve helped people and also got help like dat
Early this yr, I went to delta and exhausted my money, was left with my fare back to Benin, tried using d atm dem debit me but d machine nr pay. Called a friend who transferred money to me d atm still debit me but still didn’t pay
Had to beg one babe I met there, she agreed another friend did transfer to her account and that’s how I left there
Scammers many but that shouldn’t take away our humanity

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by BlackSeptember: 2:06am On Mar 02, 2019
MissJoy29:

I think you can get the answer from where I wrote "....and that was before I knew what exactly he wanted me for"
please tell me cos I don't understand
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by BlackSeptember: 2:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Preshy561:
Lol. Mine was when I was 17-18 year old, I normally visit my sister who studied in one of the Federal university then. Normally, she will leave me for school and if I get bored sort of, I'd go round to feed my eyes.

So, one faithful day, as I was doing my usual strolling, I stopped at newspaper vendor and decided to relax and listen to people discuss politics, cos I like politics grin grin

Then, I bought my banana and grandnut and I shared to the old men sitting and discussing the politics they thanked me and I continued eating my banana. grin grin

So, as I stayed long, the gists became interesting that I was forced to add my little idea about Nigerian political issues, even though I reluctantly say my mind, so they saw how profound I was in the happening even with my small body grin grin grin, they became interested that as a very young lady I could muster such words, well, I didn't send anybody. grin grin

I continued eating my banana So, one of them asked my name and school which I told them, reluctantly.

They were amazed though, though I didn't bother asking them as I was already tired waiting for my sister to come home, naso them begin introduce themselves, I didn't have any idea that I was sitting with a SAN, Special Assistant TO THE STATE GOVERNOR, Secretary of the state, lol. And these men had security men on waiting for them. grin grin

And I was told that I was close to the government house, and all That, well, I helped a friend then who was a jobless lawyer through the SAN, later lost his contact when I lost my phone and changed my number in 2015. cry cry cry
I just don't know why I doubt this your story

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Preshy561(f): 2:10am On Mar 02, 2019
BlackSeptember:
I just don't know why I doubt this your story
K
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Sarang(f): 2:12am On Mar 02, 2019
toboy:
Nice! But this poster's ideology is entirely flawed. You don't need to meet a wealthy person before you realise you need not underrate people when you meet them the first time. Your loyalty changed because you realized this person was a dignitary. You shouldn't underrate people nomatter who they are. Judging from the your attitude in your story, if it was someone not so well-off, you would have totally snubbed the person. An ordinary person today can become a doctor, a governor, lawyer, or even stand-by person that can impact your life positively tomorrow. I don't know why some people think only wealthy people if worth their attention. Very stupid and short-sighted!

You got this!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by IjebuWarrior: 2:23am On Mar 02, 2019
From reading majority of the stories on here... all I can say is the Nigerian people deserve the leaders they get. Everybody seem to be too materialistic and fake. They seem surprised at humility and simplicity. Foolish Nigerians! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Sarang(f): 2:29am On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
From reading majority of the stories on here... all I can say is the Nigerian people deserve the leaders they get. Everybody seem to be too materialistic and fake. They seem surprised at humility and simplicity. Foolish Nigerians! angry

That is eeh..lol don't mention. How does one only respect people cos they are rich.. chineke!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by showafrica(m): 3:38am On Mar 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

The individuals are not healthy.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Hotfreeze: 3:47am On Mar 02, 2019
Doctorfitz:
Wait o op ,so u mean a colonel a.k.a a group captain a.k.a a navy captain has a complimentary card? Complimentary card as who?, a business man? Do u know its a chargeable offence to run business as a military personnel (army, airforce, navy)? Smh there are so many things I want to say but let me stop here.......

Don't say anything so that you don't disgrace yourself.

Military officers have complimentary cards. Governors have. I have seen them.

Because they call it business cards doesn't mean it's only for business people.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Hotfreeze: 3:48am On Mar 02, 2019
djon78:

I greet gate men with serious courtesy. But I can on the other hand hang out with the shakers of the Nation.
One of my pals went to his boss birthday party. the boss is a big mogul. The party was a small get together, one of the richest men in Nigeria walked into the party and went into the kitchen to greet people that were serving . my guy said that he was shocked, I told him he never see. The is one of the simplest, down to earth men I know. Still he is one of the richest.

Dangote had a party way back where he personally joined in serving some of his guests.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by AirstarKane(f): 4:12am On Mar 02, 2019
sisitito01:
This isn't for people who stay indoors all day. God epp my life. grin
I tell you. Lol or some of us that work into night no social life. I

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 02, 2019
lefulefu:
Abiola's first son is named Kola Abiola not lateef . U sure say dem be no wan play u for some racket?

Who among his son is Abdullateef then?
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 4:17am On Mar 02, 2019
Saltoflife:
Abuja is one of the funiest place you meet some powerful and connected ones.
I have had more than 5 of such encounter.

Let me say a few cuz of time.

(1) A yoruba man i met at the enroute my flight from Lagos after around 15mins interaction told me he would tell me a simple secret that would make me a Billionaire if I did what he did that turned him. As if he read my mind? He said I would see evidence by myself before I drop off cuz he ordered uber for us. At last when he gave me his card I said wow like 15 times before I dotted all the i's.

He told me the secrets after sha. I'm grateful to him.

(2) My 3 months old casual friend said I should see her off. She drove and boom we were inside aso rock. That was my first time in there. Unknown to me she was one of the photographer of the first lady.

It's dinner time. My wife is calling. I may return to add more.
oga where the secrets na.

Or we should pay 5k for eBook?

Just joking oh

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 02, 2019
Ishilove:

The truly wealthy don't make noise. It's all these nouveau rich that bark and make the loudest hullabaloo
That’s right, empty drum makes the loudest noise.
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 4:22am On Mar 02, 2019
wayisshut:
Ok mine goes like this.

I was chilling in a nice bar, when a lady stepped in. Though she has this slim figure i knew she was a little bit advanced. So i decided to share a conversation with her ,though reluctant at first , she caved in when my talk was interesting. she was just smiling when i was talking. She has this ibo accent then some moments later another lady came around and joined us, her dressing was somehow casual she look firm and somehow strict still with this ibo accent. we were talking generally I told them about nairaland discussed different topics and it was just nice talking to them. My pro na say i nor ask for their name . People where coming to meet her and she was so generous but you will never know she was the one paying the bills( i got to know about that later) .

Then I just left their company and about three minutes later or so I just see convoy just show wan wan wan wan wan wan oh boy na wetin de happen before i know army men just come out for convoy na then i see say some dss de inside the bar with us na him the two women just enter one of the convoys na so one just stop just de look like say she de find something.

I just come out just de waka de go before i know she just write something for paper give one of the soldier man. The soldier man was heading to my direction na so my liver cut, my mind fly ,my heartbeat could be heard from ten thousand miles. I say i don die today. As the soldier man wan near me i don already de faint na him he hand me one paper. For inside the paper na him she write

You never asked of my name or number and as a rule i dont give out my number or my name when peeps dont ask anyway you just met ifyalways. Na for there i just faint. It took me 20 minutes to regain consciousness I say ehhh!! make una see me ohhhhhhh .....who do me this one? I for don blow so.

Na so i just take miss that opportunity. For the next two months i de go that bar i nor gree see her. Na him i vex enter my village de find my village pple ,but my village people me nor see, all my village people don park. Now i nor get village again becos nobody de stay for my village

NB: Village for sale if you wan buy village, let me know

Really?
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 4:26am On Mar 02, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I've been in that position before. Went to the atm cos I had zero cash and my stupid card decided to Bleep me up... I had to ask a gentleman to withdraw for me and I transfer to him. First seemingly rich igbo man no even send me but the guy who did, is not even igbo.

and I see you promoting tribalism on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by perfectgen(m): 6:15am On Mar 02, 2019
lefulefu:
Abiola's first son is named Kola Abiola not lateef . U sure say dem be no wan play u for some racket?

People know him as Kolawole Abiola but his full name is Abdul-lateef Kolawole Abiola. It is the same person.

8 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 02, 2019
tsharp:

Don't be melodramatic. Too much overreaction here. What if he was a gay man looking for a lay. I have been in a similar situation. Business card, nice meal and drinks and all and gone and given thanks for a divine connection only to find out the dude only wanted to drill my butt hole.

When God shows up He will make sure you take notice.

You're so on point!

Below is also remarkable:

oldtruth:
Meeting people in a flight is one of the worst place ever to meet people.

Forget the packaging most people are fake. Real people don't make noise because they have nothing to prove to you. There are many ritualist and fraudsters in clubs... of what benefit is getting acquaintance with a fraudster? What do you stand to gain?

Maintain your life and live right... the right people will come into your life at the right time. Just don't be lazy. Your talent will make you dine with kings... forget show off and bogus talk
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by millionboi2: 6:25am On Mar 02, 2019
frank317:

No, I didn't see it like that... He said "why u should never underrate someone u meet for the first time"

He didn't say"why we should be loyal to wealthy people "

I think u misunderstood his point. Kindly read the op again, this time carefully, and observe how he almost underrated a guy he just met even without knowing his true status
don't underrate anybody at anytime.

Life is deep... anything can happen anytime
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by frank317: 7:13am On Mar 02, 2019
millionboi2:
don't underrate anybody at anytime.

Life is deep... anything can happen anytime

Of course...isn't that what the op is saying?

U needn't repeat it though.
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Swissheart(f): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2019
zomby:

If Kola Abiola could make you shake like a palm tree, I guess you may Pee in your pant when you meet me ...lol
Okay. Who are you?
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by MissJoy29(f): 7:32am On Mar 02, 2019
BlackSeptember:
please tell me cos I don't understand
Simply, he asked for the IMPOSSIBLE from me .
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by EdoBozz(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2019
zomby:

Abeg, Wetin be the level of a young colonel I’m not sure if I clearly understand why anyone should sweat a colonel of the Nigerian Army...

I do not know if any young colonel of the Nigerian Army fit make me feel any how...

Sorry bro!

I guess that is because you know nothing about the military. My own dad retired as a major and didn't get to the rank of a colonel. One of the hardest exams in the military is moving from the rank of a major to a colonel.
In the military regime, the position of state administrators which are governors today were mostly held by those from the rank of colonels except some very few states were they also put some police commissioners. Trust me there is a lot to the Nigeria army than what you see especially in regards to those infantry soldiers who go to fight war.

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by kayo80(m): 8:07am On Mar 02, 2019
MrMcJay:
I have an uncle who shared his experience with me and my dad.

This my uncle is a livestock farmer. Self taught and from a humble background. He was really good and consulted for many big farms in the SW then. He also consulted for Obasanjo farms.

When OBJ was President, he invited that my uncle to Abuja for normal business talks. On the flight to Abuja, he met the Hon. Rep Member representing our local constituency in the House of Rep. My uncle the farmer tried introducing himself to the Rep member but that one casually waved him off.

When they landed in Abuja, security and protocol officers from the State House were at the tarmac. Immediately my uncle the farmer landed, they received him and there were vehicles from Aso Rock waiting to pick him.

Once our dear Rep Member saw this, he tried running and stretching his hand but the security agents rebuffed him. He started shouting "Egbon, e bami ki Baba". (Please help me greet Baba)

I don't know how you want to be greeting someone that doesn't know you.

"Egbon, e bami ki Baba."

LMAO!!
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by luizpippo(m): 8:09am On Mar 02, 2019
Saltoflife:
Abuja is one of the funiest place you meet some powerful and connected ones.
I have had more than 5 of such encounter.

Let me say a few cuz of time.

(1) A yoruba man i met at the enroute my flight from Lagos after around 15mins interaction told me he would tell me a simple secret that would make me a Billionaire if I did what he did that turned him. As if he read my mind? He said I would see evidence by myself before I drop off cuz he ordered uber for us. At last when he gave me his card I said wow like 15 times before I dotted all the i's.

He told me the secrets after sha. I'm grateful to him.

(2) My 3 months old casual friend said I should see her off. She drove and boom we were inside aso rock. That was my first time in there. Unknown to me she was one of the photographer of the first lady.

It's dinner time. My wife is calling. I may return to add more.
Please help me with the secret, I would stop at being a multi-millioniare, won't drag billionaire with you

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by LawyerLomo(m): 8:17am On Mar 02, 2019
millionboi2:
No go hustle

Hustle no dey pay (5k in 30days)
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 02, 2019
Michelle55:
Here to read comments and laugh grin
Kwaret
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2019
Fidelismaria:
grin grin

Same thing applies to nairaland

Don't insult people because you're on a faceless forum

You never know who you're insulting

Could be an important person in the society
Even if he/she is an important person
How would you know
Re: Why You Should Never Underrate Someone You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2019
WIZGUY69:
During my early days of highness, i went to a small bar to drink some beer back in Abuja. Then this gworo teeth guy offered me cigarettes to test.. That was actual the first time i will be smoking..
We began talking and all.. I honestly looked down on him, so i didn't give him full regards, it was when he was about leaving that i got to know he's the son of the Governor of Sokoto state..
The way people lie on this thread is ridiculous
Son of the Governor of sokoto state
Ahhh baba chilax with the lie

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

British Woman Caught Her Baby Daddy Resting In Bed With Her Mother After Sex / Lady's 21st Birthday Photos Got People Doubting Her Age / 10 Reasons Why You Need To Abstain From Pre-marital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.