Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Not On My Watch! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not On My Watch! (4545 Views)

Nigerian Economy Under My Watch Is Looking Good - President Buhari / My Watch: I Expect Atiku To Sue OBJ For Libel But He Went Begging Him – Ogala / What Obasanjo Said About Atiku In His Book, MY WATCH. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyokwy:

Bros mention one instance. Stop insulting people up and down.

You want to be spoonfed.

Use googlebook, Jstor or go to a library.

Look for books on Nigeria political & constiftiobal history.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by luvmijeje(f): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

You do not realize Yoruba are trapped in a country with people who are almost animalistic in thinking. I do not think you have been on NL from its early days to see how horrible things really are.

It's easy to be consume with hatred if you take everything you read at face value on this platform. I live in a community where I get to interact with people from different part of this country. They ain't all bad. They are only looking for a means to survive and feed their family. It's politicians who are many on this platform that are fanning the embers of hatred.

When I read, I also try to read who's carrier of the message because most of them are politicians.. Don't let them use your head to play ball.

I'll advise you to take a break from this section once in a while. It will enable you to view things from a different perspective.
Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

It's easy to be consume with hatred if you take everything you read at face value on this platform. I live in a community where I get to interact with people from different part of this country. They ain't all bad. They are only looking for a means to survive and feed their family. It's politicians who are many on this platform that are fanning the embers of hatred.

When I read, I also try to read who's carrier of the message because most of them are politicians.. Don't let them use your head to play ball.

I'll advise you to take a break from this section once in a while. It will enable you to view things from a different perspective.

LOL obviously you are new to these things.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by luvmijeje(f): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

LOL obviously you are new to these things.

What did I miss?

The tribal war.
The name calling
The hatred from both side of the divide.
The chest beating
The lies.
The religion war.
The subjective analysis
The bias comments
The hatred for one Nigeria
The hatred for the truth

So what did I miss?
Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 5:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

What did I miss?

The tribal war.
The name calling
The hatred from both side of the divide.
The chest beating
The lies.
The religion war.
The subjective analysis
The bias comments
The hatred for one Nigeria
The hatred for the truth

So what did I miss?

That the hatred & covetousness for Lagos had long existed before 1960, after 1970 & it continues on till date. These ibo people completely hate the Yoruba people. They just tolerate your people because they depend on your lands for their economic survival. If Yoruba were to depend on ibo region for survival so much that we flock there, believe me we would not get so far like they have done here. We saw what they did to minority ethnic groups in the old Eastern Region.

Growing up, I heard sketched of these hate speeches ibos spew about Yoruba - I did History in high school & it used to come with this crazy post-class arguments.

Fastforward to 2006, NL came, folks began to debate Naija history - politics & culture in particular. The ibos latched on & began to reveal detailed hate speeches about Yoruba, adding flesh to the skeletal ones I heard back in high school. By default, only a handful if Yoruba took them up on the nonsense. Most Yoruba were pacifists like you until photos began to fly around. I'm sure you're aware of the damage these people did to Yoruba on the internet that all it took was to go on google & type 'Yorubas are....' with very offensive google suggestions immediately following.

In a nutshell, what I am saying is, you may live in a ethnic-potpourri city & no ibo reveals their chauvinism to you. The reason is, NL/FB/Twitter has provided a platform for them to seriously unleash their vile without restraints because it is largely faceless.

Remain the pacifist. Overtime, the V8 turbo charged engine in you will eventually roar to life. Take your time.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:

It simply means i would have done the same thing those guys in the video did and i would do it a million times.

Nobody should give any beggar any dime. Maybe one day when hunger finally resets their brains, they would understand the importance of voting to improve economy and not along religious lines.

If you are hungry, go and meet Buhari.
You would have done the same thing? Let me get this straight.

So you would have seen a beggar in traffic, brought out your phone to record your humiliation of the person based on some preconceived notion of their political views, which is solely informed by their ethnicity, and subsequently applaud yourself for being a decent human being?
If you don't see what destructive prejudice exists in that kind of behaviour, I'm not convinced anything I say can appeal to your sense of reason...if at all you have any. But I do hope you never have to endure humiliation because of what other people assume about you, wrong or right!
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
Blame Buhari the rigger instead of people who have angrily chosen not to give their money to beggars. I don't support their actions but I won't blame them either.
You miss the point if you think this is about giving money to a beggar. Listen, your money is yours to do with as you please, but to subject other people to humiliation because they beg you, and based on some stupid assumption you've made about them, that's taking depravity to an unconscionable level, and that, I cannot forego. I'm happy to read that you don't support their actions. I would truly be aghast if you did!

You cannot thwart the will of the people and not expect consequences. It's not like they are killing them or anything. They are just keeping their money.
So in your warped sense of reasoning, the consequence of, in your words, thwarting the will of the people is humiliating someone you cannot prove participated in this thwarting just because they share ethnicity with the supposed thwarter? Your arguments are not even self-consistent. In the video, these guys humiliated those people because they supposedly voted for a candidate they didn't like. Let's assume they are correct, I'm not sure what universe you come from, but in this universe, voting is a fundamental right protected under freedom of choice, so it is not clear how that amounts to "thwarting the will of the people", unless by implication, you mean to say those who disagree with your political opinion are not people. Is that your meaning? My friend, you're sliding down a very slippery slope. Dehumanisation is the fastest track on that road to genocidal actions, and you're very nearly there.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Your sense of judgment is presently clouded with ethnoreligious inclinations and sentiment.
Since you're so perceptive, pray tell, what are my ethnoreligious inclinations and sentiments?

Giving to beggars is borne out of compassion and religious obligations to the needy in our midst.
If me a Christian decide not to give my little token to northern beggars that littered our naija streets, based on their hate for my faith then am justified.

My apologies, Mr(s) compassionate giver. How do you claim to be compassionate in the same sentence where you've effectively vilified a whole group by accusing them of hating your tribe without evidence? Let me be bluntly honest with you. Not only are you lacking in compassion, you're evidently the one filled with hate, and, this is the important bit, you do put the mo'ron in oxymoron, don't you?
Re: Not On My Watch! by mightyokwy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

You want to be spoonfed.

Use googlebook, Jstor or go to a library.

Look for books on Nigeria political & constiftiobal history.

You are welcome.
Chairman abeg go seat one place. You keep on shouting up and down for no reason. You should have proof me wrong
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

If I didn't want to join you, I wouldn't have commented on this thread. I'm also speaking up but I'm doing mine just a little bit different from you.
I'm ecstatic that you wish to join me. It's just that I picked up some exasperation in your mood, as expressed by you, so I hoped to give you a reason to speak up. Like you say, you're doing it in your own way, so thanks!
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

I'll tell you five reasons why it's hatred.

1. By posting it online, it becomes a tool of mockery.

2. By posting it online, you are taunting the Northerners.

3. By posting it online, you are humiliating the weakest of them.

4. By posting it online, you are exhibiting a tool of tribal supremacy.

5. By posting online, you have created an archive of distrust.

Your hatred is blinding you all to how vindictive you all are.

I couldn't have put it more elegantly.
Re: Not On My Watch! by luvmijeje(f): 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

I'm ecstatic that you wish to join me. It's just that picked up some exasperation in your mood, as expressed by you, so I hope to give you a reason to speak up. Like you say, you're doing it in your own way, so thanks!

No, I should be the one to say thank you for the for this beautiful thread. We need more of you.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by mightyokwy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

Both side of the divides were guilty of these but it didn't spill over offline. You are taking the war online offline. Please let's all control ourselves.
Lol, my dear there is a popular saying in igbo language that says, if you bite me in the head without considering my hair, when i want to reciprocate, i will bite you in the anus without minding the feces. If this issue must be tackled we must be ready to tackle the remote cause.
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
Corrinthians:
He rigged himself into office, right? It then means these people overwhelmingly supported Atiku right?

Now, place the actions of the people side by side your comment and see if it makes any sense!!

Their lack of intelligence is so staggering they are incapable of discerning the blindingly obvious contradiction in their arguments. Hatred really does cause severe extinction of brain cells.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not On My Watch! by ThothHermes: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

You miss the point if you think this is about giving money to a beggar. Listen, your money is yours to do with as you please, but to subject other people to humiliation because they beg you, and based on some stupid assumption you've made about them, that's taking depravity to an unconscionable level, and that, I cannot forego. I'm happy to read that you don't support their actions. I would truly be aghast if you did!

So in your warped sense of reasoning, the consequence of, in your words, thwarting the will of the people is humiliating someone you cannot prove participated in this thwarting just because they share ethnicity with the supposed thwarter? Your arguments are not even self-consistent. In the video, these guys humiliated those people because they supposedly voted for a candidate they didn't like
These people are getting off lightly. When Buhari lost in 2011, these people went in rampage and killed southerners in the north. I'm very sure that these same beggars would have cheered the killers on. So they should be thankful that southerners are not in the "an eye for an eye" business.
Let's assume they are correct, I'm not sure what universe you come from, but in this universe, voting is a fundamental right protected under freedom of choice, so it is not clear how that amounts to "thwarting the will of the people", unless by implication, you mean to say those who disagree with your political opinion are not people. Is that your meaning? My friend, you're sliding down a very slippery slope. Dehumanisation is the fastest track on that road to genocidal actions, and you're very nearly there.
We are not talking about voting. We are talking about rigging. Is committing electoral fraud a fundamental right

Supporters of evil are as culpable as the perpetrators and they deserve whatever they get.
Re: Not On My Watch! by luvmijeje(f): 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyokwy:

Lol, my dear there is a popular saying in igbo language that says, if you bite me in the head without considering my hair, when i want to reciprocate, i will bite you in the anus without minding the feces. If this issue must be tackled we must be ready to tackle the remote cause.

What's the remote cause?

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
These people are getting off lightly. When Buhari lost in 2011, these people went in rampage and killed southerners in the north. I'm very sure that these same beggars would have cheered the killers on. So they should be thankful that southerners are not in the "an eye for an eye" business. We are not talking about voting. We are talking about rigging. Is committing electoral fraud a fundamental right
You maybe don't realise how silly you sound, so I'll just repeat the senseless things you say in the hope you might eventually notice. So you say you're "very sure these same beggars would have cheered the killers on". What is wrong with you? You keep committing the same generalisation falacy. How can you ever be sure anybody would do anything? Are you so blinded by hate and prejudice you can't even tell you're being irrational?
So "we're not talking about voting, we're talking about rigging", and in your warped judgement those beggars, that little girl in the video, those two hungry looking men participated in the rigging, and then, afterwards took the next flight, maybe bus trip abi maybe na even camel to some street in the South to come and beg? You're a very bright person!

Supporters of evil are as culpable as the perpetrators and they deserve whatever they get.
Yes, and this is the most sensible remark you've made. Although, it is rich that it's come from you. One only hopes you grow spiritually enough to realise the evil in the kind of crap you're supporting.
It is difficult trying to remain civil with you, but I'll say this: Personally, I'm flippant and opulent with forgiveness, if/when you show adequate embarrassment and remorse for this disgraceful behaviour of yours, but you should really consider what you post on the internet. Remember; the internet never forgets, and the hate you're displaying here might eventually come back to hunt you, and the world is far less forgiving, collectively, than your average person.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
luvmijeje:

What's the remote cause?
Good question!
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
Gandollar:
Goan sit down. That guy you are snuggling up to is a potential danger I hope you know that. Something like a disaster waiting to happen. At the first sound of the whistle, he will cannibalize you, I hope you know that. You are still a kafir, remember?
Which guy?
Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyokwy:

Chairman abeg go seat one place. You keep on shouting up and down for no reason. You should have proof me wrong

As usual, an uneducated Igbo with no substance. I know it is a problem for you to actually quit NL & bury your head in books to discover the place of your people in the constitutional & political history of Nigeria. Your posts give yiu away away as a child; even if you are old, you still come off as a child trapped in an old body.

Go & read! Get some education.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by ThothHermes: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
AgentOfAllah:

You maybe don't realise how silly you sound, so I'll just repeat the senseless things you say in the hope you might eventually notice. So you say you're "very sure these same beggars would have cheered the killers on". What is wrong with you? You keep committing the same generalisation falacy. How can you ever be sure anybody would do anything? Are you so blinded by hate and prejudice you can't even tell you're being irrational?
So "we're not talking about voting, we're talking about rigging", and in your warped judgement those beggars, that little girl in the video, those two hungry looking men participated in the rigging, and then, afterwards took the next flight, maybe bus trip abi maybe na even camel to some street in the South to come and beg? You're a very bright person!
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve with this emotional tantrum. When the imaginary genocide that you keep yapping about happens, who do you think will suffer the most? Is it not the innocent, poor and weak? It is the way of the world unfortunately. Stop trying to guilt-trip me. I have a clear conscience.

Yes, and this is the most sensible remark you've made. Although, it is rich that it's come from you. One only hopes you grow spiritually enough to realise the evil in the kind of crap you're supporting.
It is difficult trying to remain civil with you, but I'll say this: Personally, I'm flippant and opulent with forgiveness, if/when you show adequate embarrassment and remorse for this disgraceful behaviour of yours, but you should really consider what you post on the internet. Remember; the internet never forgets, and the hate you're displaying here might eventually come back to hunt you, and the world is far less forgiving, collectively, than your average person.
What is spiritual growth? I thought you were atheist.

How does pointing out unpleasant realities amount to hate speech? On a personal level whatever happens in Aso Rock has no effect on me. So I don't know what you are on about. You should direct your sermons to election riggers. All you are seeing is the multiplier effect of their actions. Whatever happens and is happening is on them.
Re: Not On My Watch! by mightyokwy(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

As usual, an uneducated Igbo with no substance. I know it is a problem for you to actually quit NL & bury your head in books to discover the place of your people in the constitutional & political history of Nigeria. Your posts give yiu away away as a child; even if you are old, you still come off as a child trapped in an old body.

Go & read! Get some education.
You keep on throwing insults up and down. If i retaliate now you will start crying. I don't have any point to proof to you. The joke is on you if you fail to take up my challenge and show me one instance where igbos disrespected the yorubas without provocation. You guys does nothing than to spread falsehood every where. Simple challenge i throw at you and you have been ruining around crying like a girl.
The joke is on.
Re: Not On My Watch! by AgentOfAllah: 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
ThothHermes:
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve with this emotional tantrum. When the imaginary genocide that you keep yapping about happens, who do you think will suffer the most? Is it not the innocent, poor and weak? It is the way of the world unfortunately. Stop trying to guilt-trip me. I have a clear conscience.
No, everybody suffers! But even if it were just the innocent, poor and weak, so do you think it conscientious to callously fan the embers of hatred and put the lives of innocent, poor and weak people at risk? I am not in the business of guilt-tripping people. I say the truth as I see it, and allow that prickly little thing we call a conscience to do the guilt-tripping...so good luck appeasing your "clear conscience", as you say.

What is spiritual growth? I thought you were atheist.
Yes indeed, I am atheist, but I assume you aren't (maybe you are, who knows?). What is certain is that so far, I seem to embody a far superior moral conscience than you, and in the probable chance that you are a believer, how do you explain to your god that a foolish atheist exhibited far more compassion towards other humans than you did? Do you honestly think your god would be proud of how terribly you've reflected its affinity for compassion? Food for thought...

How does pointing out unpleasant realities amount to hate speech? On a personal level whatever happens in Aso Rock has no effect on me. So I don't know what you are on about. You should direct your sermons to election riggers. All you are seeing is the multiplier effect of their actions. Whatever happens and is happening is on them.
Dude/duddet (whichever applies), do you honestly think I started this thread because I care about what happens in Aso rock, or who rigged what elections? I started a thread to call our attention to the ominousness of the bad behaviours of certain people on social media, and their cheerleaders. I cannot and will not take responsibility for your inability to discern what this thread is all about. That's on you!! So, by all means, if you want to go on justifying cruelty to a group of people begging in the south because of the wrongs of criminals in Yobe, Borno, Abuja and other places 1000 km removed from the south, please go ahead..."multiplier effects" like you say.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyokwy:

You keep on throwing insults up and down. If i retaliate now you will start crying. I don't have any point to proof to you. The joke is on you if you fail to take up my challenge and show me one instance where igbos disrespected the yorubas without provocation. You guys does nothing than to spread falsehood every where. Simple challenge i throw at you and you have been ruining around crying like a girl.
The joke is on.

We have been holding your hands long enough. We gave you primer for your language, exposed you to modernity, gave your most important political figure tutorials in politics, gave you jobs, gave you religious cults & fraternities, gave you platform for economic realization yet you still want me to provid you with books to find data. Oga go library or enter jstor.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by mightyokwy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

We have been holding your hands long enough. We gave you primer for your language, exposed you to modernity, gave your most important political figure tutorials in politics, gave you jobs, gave you religious cults & fraternities, gave you platform for economic realization yet you still want me to provid you with books to find data. Oga go library or enter jstor.
Go to bed young man. Stop crying like a baby. The joke is on you. Let see you make baseless argument in this forum again.
Re: Not On My Watch! by 0balufonlll: 10:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyokwy:

Go to bed young man. Stop crying like a baby. The joke is on you. Let see you make baseless argument in this forum again.

Lol keep waiting for a handout o.

1 Like

Re: Not On My Watch! by mightyokwy(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
0balufonlll:

Lol keep waiting for a handout o.
His brain has gone blank. What is he talking about cheesy grin. This dude is damn funny.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Members Awaiting For Buhari At The Venue Of 7th TICAD Summit—Dele Momodu / “i’m Finally Free From Captivity” – Ffk’s Wife Breaks Silence / I Think PDP Can Start Regretting Their Choice Of Atiku Who Should Be In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.