Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (198752 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On May 30, 2012
Fr0sbel: I am slightly mystified why my main account will not allow me post new articles. Until today , I have hardly posted any new articles , maybe a couple in the last week and almost nothing in the months prior.

Any ideas Jesoul
Strange. I checked and didn't find anything unusual with the "Frosbel" username. NL2 still has some bugs that need to be fixed, maybe that's the problem? undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by LogicMind: 4:47pm On May 30, 2012
JeSoul: NL2 still has some bugs that need to be fixed, maybe that's the problem? undecided

Yes. They are called, maclatunji, callotti, jarus, jesoul and alj harem.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jesoul, why was I banned yestrday?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
^dude you're not a rookie anymore. If you don't get a notice from the mods, then its the spambot.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
JeSoul: ^dude you're not a rookie anymore. If you don't get a notice from the mods, then its the spambot.

Okay, cheers!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
Happy weekend, JeSoul.. wondering why I haven't been banned by the spambot? grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
musKeeto: Happy weekend, JeSoul.. wondering why I haven't been banned by the spambot? grin
Lol. Well...what can I say? perhaps the spambot has a soul, and logicboy stole its lunch cheesy. It bans several people daily. Ever seen the movie "Stealth"? From what I've been told its a "learning bot" so it can sorta develop "a mind of it own". A very happy & spambot-free weekend to you sir smiley.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
I have a big red alert saying that I'have 1 new Nairaland PM, please check your email account now'. What is this? and how do I check the PM? It is not in my normal email account. Is there a mail box somewhere on NL?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 1:37am On Jun 03, 2012
Pastor AIO: I have a big red alert saying that I'have 1 new Nairaland PM, please check your email account now'. What is this? and how do I check the PM? It is not in my normal email account. Is there a mail box somewhere on NL?
Check your email account that you used to register with nairaland. You will see a your email there from nairaland smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia5: 4:17am On Jun 03, 2012
musKeeto: Happy weekend, JeSoul.. wondering why I haven't been banned by the spambot? grin

the guy just asked a favour?

help him out na.

he obviously is not having a good day. (Not that he ever does, but lets pretend he knows the meaning of good day).
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
manmustwac: Check your email account that you used to register with nairaland. You will see a your email there from nairaland smiley

I've checked and I see nothing. I even checked in the junk mail box. Nothing.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ea7(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2012
Manmustwac please could you reopen the topic, I meant to make two posts since my phone cant handle long posts, the second was to clear up the sarcasm in the first. I fell asleep and couldn't post it. If you don't want to I'll understand.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia5: 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
Can someone please call these dogs to order on the "What makes someone a Christian thread". They ruined the first one and still in their joblessness are barking on the second one. Kindly clean up one or both of the threads, and God bless you as you do so.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
tpia@:
Can someone please call these dogs to order on the what makes someone a christian thread. They ruined the first one and still in their joblessness are barking on the second one. Kindly clean up one or both of the threads, and God bless you as you do so.

Aah, just like your racist saviour, you call people "dog" and "heathens". Shows the kind of morals christianity gives;

Matthew 15:21-28
New International Version (NIV)
The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia5: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
^so you know that verse by heart, you dont say.

see yourself in it?

or how to explain the speed at which you pulled up the passage.

elefo atan.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 12:03am On Jun 05, 2012
tpia@:
^so you know that verse by heart, you dont say.

see yourself in it?

or how to explain the speed at which you pulled up the passage.

elefo atan.

I dont speak Yoruba. grin grin grin

Atheists know the bible more than christians, generally. It wasthe bible that made me an atheist
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 05, 2012
Dear Mods,

What: Please i need to deactivate/delete (NOT MODIFY) my NL account

When: with immediate effect.

How: I want ALL my posts to be inaccessible to the public, but i do understand if there is a need to keep them in your system for up to six months. Also my handle and profile details such as my email and password should cease to exist on this forum.

Why: Serious privacy concerns

Kindly treat as very urgent.
Thanks
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
Maclatunji or the other moderators of the Islam section,

your section has become a disgrace. Banning and silencing people just because they have opposing views. Also remixing people's threads to suit yourselves. Kai.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
On a different note;

Why is this thread alive;

https://www.nairaland.com/956900/logicboy-told-us-reason-why
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy: On a different note;

Why is this thread alive;

https://www.nairaland.com/956900/logicboy-told-us-reason-why
Noted & taken care of. You know mods are not online 24/7, the thread has only existed a few hrs. If we don't catch it quickly, do what you did, post it here and we'll attend to it. Cheers.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DeepSight(m): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
In all sincerity, it is a shameful and hypocritical contradiction to have an Islamic Section on an ONLINE PUBLIC FORUM which then is closed to free open commentary. Tell me, how does that make sense. If comments are deleted or people banned regarding the Islam section, it should be on account of vulgar abuse and the like - and NEVER for simply expressing a contrary view.

Any person who bans posters or deletes their comments only because such comments are contrary to the teachings of Islam, simply has no business on a public forum!

Such a person is also not fit to live in a democracy.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
Deep Sight: In all sincerity, it is a shameful and hypocritical contradiction to have an Islamic Section on an ONLINE PUBLIC FORUM which then is closed to free open commentary. Tell me, how does that make sense. If comments are deleted or people banned regarding the Islam section, it should be on account of vulgar abuse and the like - and NEVER for simply expressing a contrary view.

Any person who bans posters or deletes their comments only because such comments are contrary to the teachings of Islam, simply has no business on a public forum!

Remember Seun is not afforded the anonymity most Nlanders abuse on this forum. I heard he got threats from some Muslim posters hence a separate section was created for them. The rest of us have to live with that..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Remember Seun is not afforded the anonymity most Nlanders abuse on this forum. I heard he got threats from some Muslim posters hence a separate section was created from them. The rest of us have to live with that..

Very sad.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DeepSight(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Remember Seun is not afforded the anonymity most Nlanders abuse on this forum. I heard he got threats from some Muslim posters hence a separate section was created for them. The rest of us have to live with that..

You didnt read carefully. My comment was not centred on the existence of an Islam section but on the fact that any post therein which expreses a different view is deleted and poster banned. That is worse than fascism.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorAIO: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

Na wa o!! So make we guillotine them? Or maybe exile them from our democracy.

I'm just joking with you, but that statement is heavy sha! Mr. (or is it 1st citizen) DeepSight Plastotle Robespierre.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DeepSight(m): 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Hahahahaha! Abeg free me on that Plasotle thing jaare. Joke gone bad, much to the delight of Enigma. Chei, if only I had got it right, what a great laugh i wud have had.

But seriously, the point being made is as simple as saying -

- Why should people enjoy liberties such as free speech and seek to deny others same?

- Why should people be able to build their places of worship in other countries and prevent foreigners from doing same in their country?

- Why should people collect taxes from haram businesses such as the sale of alcohol and prevent the sale of same within their own domains?

- Why should people enjoy the freedom to practice their religion and yet declare that others cannot leave same religion save under pain of death?

- Why should people be able to criticize other faiths freely in the general section, but have official protection from being criticized in their section? What exclusivity is that?

Which kain sense be that, yoooo, na animal sense.

And to prove the point: watch out: this post of mine will most likely be deleted.

Mind you, I said nothing about the guillontine, although same religion readily chops off heads and what have you.

Allahu Akbar. This is haram.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Deep Sight: Hahahahaha! Abeg free me on that Plasotle thing jaare. Joke gone bad, much to the delight of Enigma. Chei, if only I had got it right, what a great laugh i wud have had.

But seriously, the point being made is as simple as saying -

- Why should people enjoy liberties such as free speech and seek to deny others same?

- Why should people be able to build their places of worship in other countries and prevent foreigners from doing same in their country?

- Why should people collect taxes from haram businesses such as the sale of alcohol and prevent the sale of same within their own domains?

- Why should people enjoy the freedom to practice their religion and yet declare that others cannot leave same religion save under pain of death?

- Why should people be able to criticize other faiths freely in the general section, but have official protection from being criticized in their section? What exclusivity is that?

Which kain sense be that, yoooo, na animal sense.

And to prove the point: watch out: this post of mine will most likely be deleted.

Mind you, I said nothing about the guillontine, although same religion readily chops off heads and what have you.

Allahu Akbar. This is haram.

Well said Sir. while many choose not to accept this simple truth, Fear of irrelevance in the face of unavoidable change (negative or positive) causes men to raise religious means for social control and intellectual slavery for those near and far from their timid existence. Not all Muslims subscribe to violence by way of Religious instruction, however choosing to remain silent while enjoying the very benefits of freedom that they deny others is hypocrisy and (Dangerous) blissful ignorance; they are no different from the mealy-mouthed, low-esteem, anti-thought and anti-peace and anti-life murders we are unfortunate to live among day-in day-out
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 12:24am On Jun 07, 2012
Really, the muslim moderators on Nairaland are really disappointing mennn..

I got banned without any notification whatsoever! Dem harsh oooo!!!

Even when Jesoul and Logic Mind were having their couple's argument, Jesoul notified Logic Mind why she banned him.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by LogicMind: 12:58am On Jun 07, 2012
logicboy: Really, the muslim moderators on Nairaland are really disappointing mennn..

I got banned without any notification whatsoever! Dem harsh oooo!!!

Even when Jesoul and Logic Mind were having their couple's argument, Jesoul notified Logic Mind why she banned him.

did she now?

Anyway maclatunji is a vile useless individual that defends his powerless god with a ban button. How pathetic.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy: 1:00am On Jun 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

did she now?

Anyway maclatunji is a vile useless individual that defends his powerless god with a ban button. How pathetic.

She sha said that you were abusive, although she hid the thread.

Anyway, whoever banned me has problems. The person lacks courtesy. Fake azz muslim
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by LogicMind: 8:25am On Jun 07, 2012
Jesoul please kindly explain this to me.
People open threads on RELIGION section to discuss something in general but which concerns muslims as well as many other religions.
Somehow, in this general discussion, as soon as Islam is mentioned, the topic gets moved to islamic section where as you well know and acknowledged, freedom of discussion is restricted.
Why do you move these posts?
Are we no longer allowed to mention islam again?
I have in mind a particular post where a christian was beheaded for his faith by some mad muslims. This discussion concerns christians more as they are the victims here. Why the discussion should be moved to the section of the perpetrators of the crime beats me. Are their murderous threats succeeding in giving them rights over christians and atheist in NL?
Why are you aiding and abetting their intolerance and threats and censorship and spread of fear etc?

If a discussion is strictly islamic, please by all means let them have it but if the discussion concerns other faiths or non faiths, they do not have any exclusive right to it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
Moodie: Dear Mods,

What: Please i need to deactivate/delete (NOT MODIFY) my NL account

When: with immediate effect.

How: I want ALL my posts to be inaccessible to the public, but i do understand if there is a need to keep them in your system for up to six months. Also my handle and profile details such as my email and password should cease to exist on this forum.

Why: Serious privacy concerns

Kindly treat as very urgent.
Thanks
Hi Moodie, did you get my reply?

Logic Mind: Jesoul please kindly explain this to me.
People open threads on RELIGION section to discuss something in general but which concerns muslims as well as many other religions.
Somehow, in this general discussion, as soon as Islam is mentioned, the topic gets moved to islamic section where as you well know and acknowledged, freedom of discussion is restricted.
Why do you move these posts?
Are we no longer allowed to mention islam again?
I have in mind a particular post where a christian was beheaded for his faith by some mad muslims. This discussion concerns christians more as they are the victims here. Why the discussion should be moved to the section of the perpetrators of the crime beats me. Are their murderous threats succeeding in giving them rights over christians and atheist in NL?
Why are you aiding and abetting their intolerance and threats and censorship and spread of fear etc?

If a discussion is strictly islamic, please by all means let them have it but if the discussion concerns other faiths or non faiths, they do not have any exclusive right to it.
I had this discussion with Tbaba a few pages ago.

Up until a month or two ago we were leaving several islam/muslim topics here in the general section, especially when it was a topic that was muslim but aimed at the general audience. No qualms from me, that makes sense & I agree with you. However, the site belongs to Seun and he moved any topics that we left here, signaling he wanted a more strict adherence to move all islam topics to the islam section. And even then, there are still a few 'lightly-themed' islam topics here in the general section.

That said, a topic won't be moved if its a "beheading of a christian by muslims" as that is a christian-related topic so feel free to open it. I have no ulterior motive to move it and I don't think any threads that simply mention "islam" are moved, any examples of such threads?

And also please keep in mind as Muskeeto mentioned, Seun's the only one with a personal stake in NL. He's the one who got threatened and I don't blame him for trying to protect himself and his hard work on NL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.