Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (197720 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 22, 2012
shivaclub: I need to modify my topic, pleas how can i do that
which topic? post a link
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tryoliviame: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ moderators, how do I go about posting my topic on nairaland? I am a registered fan.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tryoliviame: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ok link, how do I go about it?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2012
tryoliviame: Ok link, how do I go about it?

Click on "create new topic" on the main page of any section you want to post in;

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tryoliviame: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
How can I open a thread and how can it make front page?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
tryoliviame: How can I open a thread and how can it make front page?

Creating a new topic is creating a new thread.

New threads automatically go to the top of the main page section you posted in.

The front page of Nairaland is a different matter enitrely.

You can keep an eye on your threads by clicking on ur username
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
wow. Logicboy is now born again

Glory to God and thks to the catholic priest grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: wow. Logicboy is now born again

Glory to God and thks to the catholic priest grin

Calm down
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2012
im happy for u cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: im happy for u cheesy

I am not born again.

I am born against god and religion. Amen grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

I am not born again.

I am born against god and religion. Amen grin grin grin grin
point of correction, u werent born against 'god' u decided to leave 'god' because u felt unhappy about something. u were born into a christian home.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: point of correction, u werent born against 'god' u decided to leave 'god' because u felt unhappy about something. u were born into a christian home.

Toba, as a mature man. How can you believe in God with all the injustice in Nigeria we have both seen? I am not arguing with you. You are not the type that loves to argue. I am talking with you man to man (no homo).
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2012
logicboy01:

Toba, as a mature man. How can you believe in God with all the injustice in Nigeria we have both seen? I am not arguing with you. You are not the type that loves to argue. I am talking with you man to man (no homo).

u are correct, there's injustice almst everywhere in Nigeria. Even my boss smetimes act injustly to me. However, u must knw that this injustice cuts accross all beliefs just that thse that act mre unjustly are the so called religious pple.

NB
we cant thrw away the baby and the bath water. what we shd ask is, will God or is God pleased with these BS thats happen? if its nt God, then we shdnt vex our towards God. Even in church tday, pple do irrationally but did God send then.

A good example is a case of a moderator misbehaving, u can ask did the forum owner send him/her? u cannt be angry with the sended cos the deliverer failed to act within the confinement f the message.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: u are correct, there's injustice almst everywhere in Nigeria. Even my boss smetimes act injustly to me. However, u must knw that this injustice cuts accross all beliefs just that thse that act mre unjustly are the so called religious pple.

NB
we cant thrw away the baby and the bath water. what we shd ask is, will God or is God pleased with these BS thats happen? if its nt God, then we shdnt vex our towards God. Even in church tday, pple do irrationally but did God send then.

A good example is a case of a moderator misbehaving, u can ask did the forum owner send him/her? u cannt be angry with the sended cos the deliverer failed to act within the confinement f the message.

I am coming back with more.....just lemme finish the England match
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
up Germany on thursday
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 10:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
toba: up Germany on thursday

Yes! England lost!! Goood!

Back to the discussion;

So, as a Nigerian you believe, that God just sits down and watches 15 year old girls get messed up by chiefs and politicians? God just sat and watches as christianity was supporting the slaqvery of our forefathers? If there is a bad moderator, Seun can fire or caution the moderator. God just sits and watches Kunta Kinte flogged and getting maimed (cut off his feet) for wanting his freedom. lipsrsealed

My second question; how do you feel when you realise that christianity was in support of the slavery of our forefathers who were pagans. God was just watching as some black slaves were packed like sardines into slave ships and some were thrown in the ocean to drown when there was too little space or too much weight?
How do you feel when all the major churches apologised for their involvement in slavery, the catholic, anglican, baptists and others?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2012
logicboy01:

Yes! England lost!! Goood!

Back to the discussion;

So, as a Nigerian you believe, that God just sits down and watches 15 year old girls get messed up by chiefs and politicians? God just sat and watches as christianity was supporting the slaqvery of our forefathers? If there is a bad moderator, Seun can fire or caution the moderator. God just sits and watches Kunta Kinte flogged and getting maimed (cut off his feet) for wanting his freedom. lipsrsealed
Just as God also allowed Jesus his son to be flogged, beaten maimed according to plan. In that regards thats the permissive will.

My second question; how do you feel when you realise that christianity was in support of the slavery of our forefathers who were pagans. God was just watching as some black slaves were packed like sardines into slave ships and some were thrown in the ocean to drown when there was too little space or too much weight?

I knew u were going to take us to this issue of slavery. This is what i'll say. U'll permit me to do some more study regarding the history of slavery to know the role played by Christians in the slavery of our forefathers.

Now that the Christians chose to enslave pple doesn't mean they were ordered by God to do so. Just as i posited above, sometimes we human choose to act overzealously , whilst God sits and watch waiting for the appropriate time to punish offenders. If u study the bible very well, in some instances, the deed would have been done then the reward comes later. David had indirectly killed
Bathsheba's husband before God's wrath came upon him. the emphasized part ans question 2

How do you feel when all the major churches apologised for their involvement in slavery, the catholic, anglican, baptists and others?
I wouldnt lie. I will do some study and get back. Ok lets say its true, their conscience could have made them realize that the act of slavery is wrong and as God fearing pple, they chose to apologize for what can be considered as evil in the sight of men and that of God. We dont have any proof that God ordered them to enslave pple.

In addition slavery is still being practised in our today society. Look at Syria. Its now a case of govt enslaving their citizens. can we also say they were ordered by God?

In summary, poo do happen but for u to now vex ur anger on God cos of poo that happened is not correct. Human being is different from God. ok?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2012
toba.:
Just as God also allowed Jesus his son to be flogged, beaten maimed according to plan. In that regards thats the permissive will.

I knew u were going to take us to this issue of slavery. This is what i'll say. U'll permit me to do some more study regarding the history of slavery to know the role played by Christians in the slavery of our forefathers.

Now that the Christians chose to enslave pple doesn't mean they were ordered by God to do so. Just as i posited above, sometimes we human choose to act overzealously , whilst God sits and watch waiting for the appropriate time to punish offenders. If u study the bible very well, in some instances, the deed would have been done then the reward comes later. David had indirectly killed
Bathsheba's husband before God's wrath came upon him. the emphasized part ans question 2

I wouldnt lie. I will do some study and get back. Ok lets say its true, their conscience could have made them realize that the act of slavery is wrong and as God fearing pple, they chose to apologize for what can be considered as evil in the sight of men and that of God. We dont have any proof that God ordered them to enslave pple.

In addition slavery is still being practised in our today society. Look at Syria. Its now a case of govt enslaving their citizens. can we also say they were ordered by God?

In summary, poo do happen but for u to now vex ur anger on God cos of poo that happened is not correct. Human being is different from God. ok?

Thanks for your answer. However, the very fact that you didnt know that those churches partook in slavery and apologised says a lot. sad

Anyways, you seem to think that apologies solve the problem. If I enslaved your children, flogged maimed and worked some of them to death, will a apology suffice for your hurt? Apologies dont bring back the dead.

You also did not answer what God is doing when all these things happen. Have you watched the torture horror movie, Saw? Was God just watching when men were flogging and maiming slaves? Was god just watching when female slaves people were getting raped?

I used to live with Eastern Europeans, some of whom are the most racist and some of whom are the friendliest people on earth. One of them was my best friend. He was a skeptic orthodox christian. He always laughed at Nigerians when they talked about religion and African culture. My European friend said something that really
touched me and that is what I will leave you with.

"I'm a white European but I love black and black African people. They can dance and they have nice food. However, for people to progress as a nation or group of people, they need to have a progressive culture that works for them. History is written by strong and victorious people with dominant cultures that work for them. My country can afford to be christian because our forefathers conquered other people in the name of christianity. Furthermore, after the industrial revolution, my country forgot religion and moved towards a technological and scientific culture that will bring them guns, radios and machinery to both defeat enemies and produce goods for the economy. Black Africans will find it hard to gain respect from others when they accept foreign religions that their slave masters and original users are doing away with. No one respects people who think illogically to go back to ideologies that have failed them and punished them"

That is what he said, not exactly but similar.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hey Jesoul and Masmustquench,

Do you think it's time to change this section to [b]Religion/Philosophy[/b]Section? I say this because, the discussions are mostly philosophical even though most of the discussions revolve around two major ones and other personal ones. Even the two major ones are deeply influenced by personal philosophies.

Regular posters like Plaetton, Deepsight, Purist, Muskeeto, myself etc are not religious but have unique philosophies that tend to evolve or devolve over time.

What does thou saith?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Cheers01: 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
Martian: Hey Jesoul and Masmustquench,

Do you think it's time to change this section to [b]Religion/Philosophy[/b]Section? I say this because, the discussions are mostly philosophical even though most of the discussions revolve around two major ones and other personal ones. Even the two major ones are deeply influenced by personal philosophies.

Regular posters like Plaetton, Deepsight, Purist, Muskeeto, myself etc are not religious but have unique philosophies that tend to evolve or devolve over time.

What does thou saith?

OMG OMG.....!! You'ze peeple are soooo intelectualz!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry NOT!

Abeg...Religion itself is philosophy.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Cheers01:

OMG OMG.....!! You'ze peeple are soooo intelectualz!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry NOT!

Abeg...Religion itself is philosophy.

Calm down. I said religion/philosophy in order not to give religionists the excuse to call me a "communist" or something like that.
Also, I didn't claim anyone of us is an "intellectual" but we do have ideas and all philosophy consists of ideas.
Anyway, ill just add your name to the list........cheer01 etc happy now?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
@Martian: cheers01 is also logicboy...

@logicboy: Am posting your Eastern European friends comment to my Facebook wall.. with or without your permission :-P
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
Martian:

Calm down. I said religion/philosophy in order not to give religionists the excuse to call me a "communist" or something like that.
Also, I didn't claim anyone of us is an "intellectual" but we do have ideas and all philosophy consists of ideas.
Anyway, ill just add your name to the list........cheer01 etc happy now?

No vex.....Cheers01 is my alter ego grin grin grin

I was just saying that it would be pointless to have such a section as long as your philosophy is on religion because religion itself is philosopy. The bible itself has philosophy.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:
No vex.....Cheers01 is my alter ego grin grin grin

I was just saying that it would be pointless to have such a section as long as your philosophy is on religion because religion itself is philosopy. The bible itself has philosophy.

I said Religion/Philosophy because other topics of philoophical leanings are discussed. And how many accounts do you need? You have issues.

Wiki-Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with[b] reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[/b]
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Martian:

I said Religion/Philosophy because other topics of philoophical leanings are discussed. And how many accounts do you need? You have issues.

Wiki-Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with[b] reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[/b]

I was banned from the muslim section permanently and so, I use the other account there. I dont have issues. It would be better for you to ask why next time rather than accusing me of some mental problem
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Odunnu: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

I was banned from the muslim section permanently and so, I use the other account there. I dont have issues. It would be better for you to ask why next time rather than accusing me of some mental problem

Are you trying to tell us something? Dude wasnt even specific on the kinda 'issues' he thinks you have. You just pinpointed. Wow! Good to know though.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Odunnu:
Are you trying to tell us something? Dude wasnt even specific on the kinda 'issues' he thinks you have. You just pinpointed. Wow! Good to know though.

Lol, thanks for the reply.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Odunnu:

Are you playing st.upid or something? What does it mean when someone says you have "issues"? angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:
Are you playing st.upid or something? What does it mean when someone says you have "issues"? angry

Ok,I'm sorry You don't have "issues". lol
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
Martian:

Lol, thanks for the reply.

Denial.......

http://www.hark.com/clips/jtxpsfxmbg-denial
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

Denial.......

http://www.hark.com/clips/jtxpsfxmbg-denial

I said sorry!! You don't have "issues" wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by logicboy01: 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
Martian:

I said sorry!! You don't have "issues" wink

Sorry, I posted first by mistake. It's okay

I need your input on this thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/976130/atheism-not-african-thing-european

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.