Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo (150830 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by OPC90(m): 1:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
Wow... that's a good development but a problem
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by kaziblake(f): 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nice one
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Belbad(m): 11:26am On Apr 02, 2019
Wow This Story Got Me Hooked To My Phone,bt Its Worth It,You Know, Good Job Cnt Wait For Next Update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by teel123(f): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
hello, who has heard from rachealfst ooooo. hHer number is needed to know that she is doing great.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm back.

Adewole got to the church, he stepped into the auditorium, the ushers who usher him to a seat welcomed him with smiles. The praise and worship was glorious, he couldn’t believe he cried during the worship session and when the praises starts he danced like he had never danced before. Although he was a good dancers, his friends do hail him in club. The choir’s rendition was beautiful. They sang a song by the Brooklyn Tabernacle 'I say yes Lord'
Right then and there Adewole stood up, some members also were on their feet. He raised his hands to the heaven, promising God, he will always say yes to God's will and ways. And to follow wherever he leads him. Ademide who was standing too and singing with few tears in her eyes unconsciously glanced at the projector and saw Adewole standing, lifting up his hands and singing along with the choir as the camera captured the scene. She was so happy he was in
church and she could see that genuine repentance in him. She glorified God on his behalf when he saw him on the projector screen.
When it was time for sermon and Adewoles’s most respected Pastor mounted the pulpit.
He led the church in worship songs for about two minutes. He prayed briefly and delved into the sermon. “The topic we are going to be looking at today says 'Now that you are save' I’ll be reading from the book of 2Peter 1:5-8. I read” Pastor David said. The bible verses was displayed on the projector. Adewole brought out his iPhone X and started recording Pastor David’s message.
Pastor David read slowly “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ”
He continued. “Today, we have so many Christians with questionable characters in the society and you wondered if they are really Christians has they professed to be. Infact the word Christian is now underrated. Reason been that after giving our lives to Christ we still haven’t let go of somethings. Thereby living a life contrary to what we professed to be. The verses of the scripture we read earlier, clearly stated this attributes we have to possess once we have given our lives to Christ. Once you discover this attributes are not reflecting in your life then you need a rain check. Now that you are now born again. You have things to accomplish. The bible says 'Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven'
Go out and shine! And if you have not given your life to Christ come to him now. Morals will fail you, for those who are moralist. Your perfection can only be achieved in Christ” He concluded and made an altar call, people came out and surrendered their lives to Christ.
Everyone was apparently blessed by the message including Adewole who listened with rapt attention.
It was offering time and after the offering the finance people were already in their office set to do their duties. Ademide too left for her duty as the documentation officer.
After the service, the protocol officers led Pastor David out. He got to the office and needed to attend to some people. Adewole asked from an usher how to get to Pastor David’s office and the usher led him.
He met with the secretary and told him what Pastor David told him to say. “I’m the guy he met last week on the highway and gave his life to Christ” he explained.
“Mr Adewole, right?” He was surprised, he didn’t tell him his name.
“Maybe Ademide is close to Pastor and she told him his name” Adewole thought.
“He’s already expecting you, just have your seat. I’ll let him know you are around” Bunmi said.
Adewole was amazed that the Pastor still remembered him and even informed his secretary about his coming. “How is he so sure that I’ll come to church” he said out loud. The secretary only smiled and gestured for him to sit. Some minutes later, Bunmi told him to go in.
Pastor David did not only shake him when he entered his office, he also welcomed him by hugging him. Pastor David too saw him on the projector screen and he was glad he had made the decision of following Christ.
“What can I offer you?” He asked. “I’m ok Pastor. Thanks”
They got down talking and Pastor David revealed to him what God told him about him. That he wants to use him for his kingdom purpose, he told Adewole how he got to know his name. But he didn’t tell him that God said he will fall in love with Ademide. He knew that will be an advantage to Adewole.
“So, God told you my name. I can wait to know this God more. Infact I’m feeling excited already”
“My brother it is sweet to serve Jesus” Pastor David said confidently.
Pastor David told him he will ensure he personally disciple him, that is him acting on God’s instructions. But he also introduced him to the discipleship classes that holds in church. He decided to know him more and the work he does so as to know his free time and how he can help him grow in Christ. Adewole told Pastor David about himself and was shocked when he realized the man sitting in front of him was the acting managing director of one of the telecommunication company in the country. Then he remembered Ademide again and knew he was in for a bigger competition. The guy has almost all the qualities he had, money, physique and now that he is even born again that will make it easier for any Christian lady to say yes to him once he ask such person out. Pastor David knew he had to buckle up, God was really serious about Adewole falling in love with Ademide because there’s every tendency that it will happen. He has been gushing over Ademide ever since he came to his office. He already told him, Ademide called him twice to remind him of church service and all. Pastor David had know choice than to pray silently in his mind that God should help him win Ademide over as his love for her now grow on a daily basis without the girl even knowing.
Adewole was ready to work for God as he told he was ready to do anything. Pastor David was enthusiastic that a guy of that caliber is ready to work for God. At the same time he wasn’t too surprised since he’s a vessel, God himself had already prepared.
Pastor David called the Pastor in charge of the Discipleship class and ask for details about the lecture time. He also fixed time with Adewole so they can have a one on one study of God’s work. He also told him, he’ll be taking him out for programs too which he agreed. Adewole started asking him some questions and this led them into some other discussions. They were still talking when the telephone line buzzed. Pastor David’s secretary informed him that Ademide is outside.
Pastor David went mute on the phone. He wondered why Ademide who hate coming to his office decided to choose that day when Adewole was around to come to his office”
“Sir, I think it’s urgent. The account department sent her” His secretary said and he came out of reverie.
“Ok, let her in”
She came in and Adewole stood on his feet immediately she entered the office and side hugged her in the presence of Pastor David. They exchanged greetings, she asked if she enjoyed the service and all. And to make matters worst, he told Ademide to please wait for her that he’ll soon be through with the Pastor. She was about to respond when Pastor David interrupted them.
“I was told the reason why you came was urgent. So what is it?”
“I’m sorry Pastor” she said politely and Pastor David was like 'did she just say I’m sorry! All because Adewole was on seat?'
“Mr Adewole please let me attend to , hope you don’t?” he said and Adewole told him to go ahead.
She placed a file on his desk and he read through. The content of the file shows it’s something he truly needed to attend to urgently. He brought out his pen and started signing all the papers in front of him. He also quickly typed something on his system. He picked the telephone receiver and called his secretary.
“Bunmi, I just forwarded a message to your mail. Please print it out. Sis Ademide will pick it but please ensure she signed it before giving it to her” That was the normal protocol, she has to sign it either in his presence or that of his secretary.
“Ok sir” she replied and he replaced the receiver.
“Please get the paper and sign before leaving” He instructed Ademide.
“Ok sir, Thanks” she replied calmly again and bowed in respect. Pastor David couldn’t help but shake his head at Ademide’s prowess in acting.
“Just call me when you are through” Ademide said to Adewole with a smile.
“Sure, he smiled back and Pastor David sighed heavily as she leaves his office.
Some minutes later, he released Wole. Immediately he left the office, he called Ademide’s office line and told her to come to his office and he got the reply he already envisaged.
“Why are you bent on tormenting my life Pastor. I don’t have any business with you till tomorrow morning”
“Ademide, are you telling me I don’t have the right to summon you?”
“Something like that, and stop calling me Ademide in private and Sister Ademide in public place. Our new convert is waiting for me, you wouldn’t want me to keep him waiting would you? See you tomorrow sir, I’m hanging up now” She said sounding so sarcastic.
“She did hang up!” he said looking at the receiver in his hand.
His PA walked in. “Are you set to go home. It’s 2pm!”
“Where’s Bunmi?” he asked but she came in before Christian could reply.
“Pastor, is there anything you want me to do before I leave sir?”
“No, you are free to go. We are about leaving too” he replied her.
“Aright sir, good night”
“Good night” he replied her and she left though he was still baffled with the way Ademide familiarized herself with someone she just met and made it her point of duty to disconnect from him and shut him, her Pastor out of her life at every given opportunity she has.
By the time Pastor’s David car was leaving the church compound, he saw Ademide and Adewole about to enter into a car that obviously belongs to Wole. 'Rolls Royce Wraith!' he said to himself and smiled.
“You said what?” Christian asked.
“Oh! I’m not talking to you” he said and he realized he muttered the word out.
This time he didn’t bother to accompany the car. He knew she was safe with him even though he didn’t like what he saw, the two were already acting as close friends.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by teefeh25(f): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ademide is already getting on my nerves, Ademide my daughter, you are supposed to fall in love with Pastor David not Adewole..
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Bridgovoks: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nice one
Kudos to you
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
lol I so much like dis drama. Rachael love well done
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by sharonmum08(f): 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
welcome sis rachael nice write-up weldone
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 8:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ademide and Pastor's drama ehn...no be here

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
Welcome back ma'am. Really missed u.

This Ademide should at least respect the man of God. She is unknowingly or indirectly talking to God.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Temmuizza(f): 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
Oh !my world,rachealfst darling thanks for did wonderful updates, its bin a while hope u gud?
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ademide Dey over do things. The manner she talks to pastor Dave it disrespectful. Thanks for the update. Welcome back.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by OPC90(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
All i can only say is... I trust God. Thanks for the update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2019
I see your hand OP, welcome back dear.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ak86(m): 12:38am On Apr 03, 2019
Let her go and come we are waiting for her. After all her forming she would still come and meet her husband. I just pray Pastor David does not spoil the blessing on him over Ademide.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by dimssy(m): 2:43am On Apr 03, 2019
This is a clear case of the so called single pastor falling in love...its a different ball game here and you don't expect a single 'sister' you love to love you back...
Omo...them single pastors need to also learn the act of relationship jare...reason why some are really single to stupor.
I don't blame the Ademide lady, come to think of it, she's just being herself.
Nice one OP jare.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Nickibeauty(f): 3:14am On Apr 03, 2019
keep it coming op
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Blackween(f): 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2019
Welcome back op
Thanks for the update, keep it coming
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ajibaba101(m): 1:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
see how you can actually be in love in school and also be a scholar https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-concentrate-on-studies-while-in-love/
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Ajibaba101(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
see how you can actually be in love in school and also be a scholar https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-concentrate-on-studies-while-in-love/
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Halyma(f): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
Welcome back Ma'am
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Pinkfeet: 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
welcome back
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rattyo3: 1:13am On Apr 04, 2019
Wow! I stayed all night reading this wonderful piece.

I love everything about this story. you're a rare gem, Rachealfst. �

God is so wonderful, no wonder the scripture says in psalm 115:3 "Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him."

I just pity Pastor David, for what he'll has to pass through.

Excuse me ma, what happened to Jane? Has she dropped the quest and what's her mother reaction?

More grace in Jesus mighty name.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by cyber5(m): 1:16am On Apr 04, 2019
I'm back..

Lemme update myself

Rachealfst I believe this is a great piece
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Temtopy(f): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks Rachealfst for this wonderful story, it got me reading overnight just to catch up with u guyz. More wisdom from above
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:52am On Apr 04, 2019
CHAPTER 15
Few months later, Adewole has really been doing well in the church, he is now a dedicated and committed member. Although everyone just see him has a normal rich brother in the church, they didn’t know who he is. Some who are smart raise eyebrows at his surname but he never told them he belonged to that A- class family.
Wole and Ademide are really good friends and just as Wole envisaged, Ademide has really been helpful with his discipleship class assignments. Whenever he has spiritual task given to him by Pastor David is not clear, she’s always there to help him out. Before Adewole knew it he had gotten so attached to Ademide to the extent that he now have feelings for her. He decided to take it a step at a time because he took his time to study Ademide and realized if he dares to tell her what she feels for her, he feared he might loose her friendship. So he kept things cool with her.

Pastor David and the church envangelism group was to go out to missionary journey in a very remote village called Ilati in the South West of the country. They chose a Thursday because there was a public holiday on that very Thursday and Friday, they were to return on Saturday. Ademide, Adeola Jane and Adewole were also part of this group. Although Ademide had an extra assignment at the mission field. She was to write report on everything that happened at the mission field to be assisted by the Evangelism secretary. Jane was there also just so she could be closer to Pastor David not because she is interested in winning souls for God. The group were to take off from church, so as early as 7am on Thursday all the members of the Evangelism group were all gathered in church. The members of the group went with two buses. A bus was filled with all the materials they want to share at the mission field. Which includes new clothes for children, drugs,
injections since they are going with the medical crew and Mummy Adetula too is one of them. Rubber and Dunlop slippers of different sizes, mosquito nets, toothbrush, toothpaste all in bulk. They also took with them foodstuffs and two caterers who will cater for their food since they’ll be spending three days in the village. Bottled water, camping tents and all the necessary things, they’ll need for their personal use in the space of three days. All this goods had already been arranged in the bus the previous day. Ademide also helped in moving some stuff from the church store into the bus since she was less busy in the office that very day.
Some brought their personal cars to the church, Adewole and some two other members in the church came with their personal car. Pastor David came down from his office with his PA and secretary to join them, although the secretary wasn’t going with them. They prayed together. They’ve been fasting for the past three days for the program. After the prayer, people were directed to enter the air conditioned bus. With gospel music playing underground, the bus was filled up, it didn’t accommodate all, they have like few people left on ground. Then Pastor David had to pair those left with those who brought their personal car. Then left was Jane, Adeola and Ademide.
“Sister Jane go with Bro Wole” He instructed and Jane’s mood changed immediately, she wanted to board Pastor David's car. Then he faced the two sisters.
“Ademide, I mean sister Ademide and Sister Adeola should join me in my car” Pastor David instructed. Jane wasn’t happy with the arrangement at all.
“Pastor, don’t bother about me, I already told Wole that I’m going in his car, but sister Jane and my sister can go in your car incase you need company” Ademide stated without blinking an eye. Jane was so happy to hear this. “God bless this sister” she said in her mind. They are not really on talking terms ‘just hi’ things but she feels like hugging her that minute.
Pastor David was dazed when he heard Ademide not using the honorifics for Wole, they were close to the extent that she doesn’t add brother to his name again. He was still battling with this thought when Wole had salt to the injury.
“Pastor don’t worry, Ademide and I have already plan to go together in my car” he said innocently.
“No problem you can take the two sisters with you” Pastor David replied. She won’t allow her be alone in the same car with him. Even though he didn’t like the idea of going with Jane but he had no choice. He went into his car with Jane, Christian was already behind the wheels waiting for him. Pastor David sat in front with Christian while Jane was at the back. Christian gave Pastor David a 'why is she with us' look. Pastor David just shrugged.
The two sisters boarded Wole's car. Adewole had already made enough preparation for the three days programs. He had stocked his cars with so many things, he personally shopped for it. He has enough junk food, beverages, cereals, drinks and park of bottled water. He also gave the Evangelism department #200,000 to cater for the mission field work. He also carried some cash with him.
Inside Pastor David’s car, it wasn’t funny at all because Jane made sure she engaged herself in the men’s conversation and Christian was really pisses off. “Can’t she just keep quiet for once” he said in his mind. Then he decided to be quiet leaving Jane to talk without anyone giving her audience.
The drive down to Ilati village which was 6hours journey from the city was fun for Ademide and her sister. Wole made them laugh all through. Their journey was filled with gists. One of the busses was leading the way for others. The evangelism secretary was the one who drove the bus. He was at Ilati village a week ago with some members to do their visibilities studies on the village.
They all got to the village at few minutes interval, within 10minutes all the other vehicles arrived. They worshipped God and thanked him for journey mercies and they also commit themselves and the mission they came for into God’s hands. Those who came a week ago had already talked to the leader of the village. So they were given a small house for them to reside, the house can’t contain everyone that was why they came with camping tents.
They started off loading the materials they brought into the small house. After that they went out evangelizing to the villagers. They told the villagers about God’s love towards them, that they need to repentant and turned from their wicked ways. Some of the villagers who came out to listen to them. They made announcement to all the villagers to come to their lodge for medical check-up.
Few hours later, the front of the house where they lodged was filled with women, children and some men. The medical team started attending to them. They were tested, they checked their blood pressure, sugar level and other instant tests, malaria test for sick children that were brought. They also gave them drugs, they attended to people with different kinds of fever. The welfare team of the evangelism group attended to those in needs by given out clothes and the rest of the items they brought. The prayer group also prayed for those who needs special prayers among the villagers and some received healings. The caterers also prepared jollof rice with meat and every villagers who came were given a pack each. The villagers who came to the lodge went back into the village to tell others who didn’t come, they realized what they were missing and came too.
Pastor David sent some of the medical teams to the King’s house, he’s called Oba in Yoruba land. They also went with gifts.

By 6pm they round up and told the villagers that the exercise will continue the next day. When the villagers left, the caterers were done preparing the evangelism group’s food. Adeola, Ademide and some sisters were in charge of serving the food to the others. When they were through they settled down to eat their own food.
Some even paired themselves, put their foods together and ate from the same plate with love. Everyone ate together including the buttish people like Wole among them, they all sat down together and shared in love. Pastor David too ate with two other brothers and Jane just showed up from no where to join them. She even told the two brothers to leave the food for her and Pastor and go and get themselves another plate. They were about to leave but Pastor David called them back to continue eating. He said that, took his spoon and excused himself leaving Jane with the two brothers. He knew Jane was just pushing herself unnecessarily on him.
Pastor David looked around looking for who to join. He saw Adeola eating with her mum. Then surprisingly Pastor David saw Wole and Ademide and another sister eating together from the same plate. He took is spoon and went down to join them. Wole was happy but Ademide stood up and said she is filled and no longer eating. Pastor smiled, he had achieved his aim because he knew that would be her reaction. Then he continued eating with Wole and the sister.

Wole went to his car and brought out two carton of juice for everyone.
They were all happy and some villagers who were still hanging around watch them as they shared things in common with love. And they wished they belonged to their folds. Ademide noticed this and beckoned on the villagers who are just standing looking at them to come join them. Wole went back to his car and brought another carton of juice and shared it with the villagers. When it was getting dark, the generator was on. The camping tents was raised. Two 2½ size mattresses we’re placed in each tent. They paired themselves in twos, same sex in a tent. And everyone went to bed, and as usual Ademide tried all his possible best to avoid Pastor David. Before she slept she collected the report of her assistance, the evangelism secretary. She collated her report with his and started documenting it. It was hand written only since they didn’t come with a printer to print the report out. Her plan was to do other necessary things when they return home. She was paired with her sister, so she was with her in the tent. Adeola told her sister she noticed Wole’s moves on her but they’ll gist later. They were too tired to gist they just slept off.
The second day, they woke up as early as 4am, they had morning devotion led by the evangelism chairman. After that they started cleaning up. They cleaned the environment. Ademide was sweeping the surroundings when the evangelism chairman asked her about the previous day report and she told him she has written the report.
“Good, you are to submit it to me but the Pastor has to see it first. Once he finish going through it then you’ll submit it to me” he said and Ademide wished such assignment wasn’t given to her in the first place.
Jane went into the Pastor’s tent to help him clean up his tent. “She announced her presence and she was told to come in. “Pastor, I came to help you clean up your tent” she said.
“I’ve done that already. Thanks” he replied her.
“Pastor you shouldn’t be doing that when your members are here for you”
“Thanks, I’m use to it, I clean my room by myself”
“Really!” she said and was already fantasizing about his bedroom.

5 Likes

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2019
Hmmmm, wonderful piece as usual. Thanks for the update.
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by Bridgovoks: 11:49am On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by OPC90(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2019
JANE what is it that you want from Pastor David self? We have a lot of single guys like me who you can disturb. In fact am avaliable for you and you alone. Just call me on 08062995253 and stop disturbing him for christ sake.

1 Like

Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
Omo komo ni Jane ooo.

Tanks for the update
Re: PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
What a great masterpiece, thumb up to the writer of this story... We need more update pls.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / Mr Right / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.