Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? (20145 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
Dartilo:
Pls let's b realistic, Jesus christ d son of the most high GOD didn't jump from heaven...
Oduduwa met pple at ife, so how is he the symbol of creation...
Oduduwa is not indigenous to ife

Go and study ifa Orunmila is the only historian of ile -ife Oduduwa was there from beginning of creation... Oduduwa the king descend believe it or not ..Oranfe Onile ina too descend from heaven like oduduwa... prehuman stage of life existed in ile-ife before human acquire mortal body .Science can't fathom it now but they will later
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
Obalufon:

Go and study ifa Orunmila is the only historian of ile -ife Oduduwa was there from beginning of creation... Oduduwa the king descend believe it or not ..Oranfe Onile ina too descend from heaven like oduduwa... prehuman stage of life existed in ile-ife before human acquire mortal body .Science can't fathom it now but they will later

Marijuana and codeine doing their work..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2019
geosegun:

There is a universal principle in Geology that says ‘the present is the key to the past’. You can make your deductions from here...kkkk

I understand your plight bro. Honestly we are not throwing Yoruba achievements at your face. We are just stating the reality here. We are one bro. But father and son can not have a joint farm without clear demarcations na.

Yes bro we are brothers with same royal blood
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
davidnazee:

Marijuana and codeine doing their work..

Yes you are high on white man's mentality you easily believe that Elijah ascend to heaven through chariot of fire also all the mysteries in the Bible but you can't believe Our own claim just because we are blacks ...Yorubas are different bro we are black but different genetically scientifically proven by your white lords ...ORUNMILA too ascend to heaven we are also waiting for the day he will return back "ELA RO WA'' but he left ifa to communicate with the unseen dimension to resolve our problems and challenges

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 12:45am On Apr 09, 2019
Obalufon:

Yes you are high on white man's mentality you easily believe that Elijah ascend to heaven through chariot of fire also all the mysteries in the Bible but you can't believe Our own claim just because we are blacks ...Yorubas are different bro we are black but different genetically scientifically proven by your white lords ...ORUNMILA too ascend to heaven we are also waiting for the day he will return back "ELA RO WA'' but he left ifa to communicate with the unseen dimension to resolve our problems and challenges

I never told u I believe the whiteman story of Elijah and the chariot as true.. i doubt if it really happened like that. but your own story is insane..
like I said earlier, marijuana and codeine are doing their work in ur head lol.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 6:27am On Apr 09, 2019
davidnazee:

I never told u I believe the whiteman story of Elijah and the chariot as true.. i doubt if it really happened like that. but your own story is insane..
like I said earlier, marijuana and codeine are doing their work in ur head lol.

Mr David do you believe in multiple dimensions..? physics
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 7:08am On Apr 09, 2019
i believe everything in the bible also believe my ancestors ..is ease not to believe what is not yet into your understanding i will pardon your limited intellect and understanding.rational mind only help you to find the truth i pray you find the truth and prove all things soon the truth will unveil itself ..it was once believed that matter can't be created non destroy now Matter can be created and destroyed. matter can be spin out of nothingness void..physicist are now talking of multi universe and multiple dimension IN TIME AND SPACE ,"Do you know what that means, what my ancestors have known for 1000s of years
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2019
Obalufon:
i believe everything in the bible also believe my ancestors ..is ease not to believe what is not yet into your understanding i will pardon your limited intellect and understanding.rational mind only help you to find the truth i pray you find the truth and prove all things soon the truth will unveil itself ..it was once believed that matter can't be created non destroy now Matter can be created and destroyed. matter can be spin out of nothingness void..physicist are now talking of multi universe and multiple dimension IN TIME AND SPACE ,"Do you know what that means, what my ancestors have known for 1000s of years

Exactly as you put it. I realized most of the said discovery and words of wisdom they sold to us has been in existence since days of our ancestors. People who understand the deep language of Yoruba would realised most of these things have been known by our ancestors before civilisations began.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 8:03am On Apr 09, 2019
Obalufon:

Exactly as you put it. I realized most of the said discoveries and words of wisdom they sold to us have been in existence since the days of our ancestors. People who understand the deep language of Yoruba would realise that most of these things have been known by our ancestors even before civilisations began.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
Obalufon:

How can u believe everything in the bible and also believe what ur ancestors said? This is confusion from codeine and marijuana.
Have u ever thought that probably the chariot on fire those people talked about could have been a spaceship from an advanced civilization that visited earth long ago.. the people at that time will call it a chariot on fire because they didn’t know about these things.. could have been that beings from advanced civilization visited earth long ago and people existing that time worshipped them as gods..
However I will agree with u on the multiple dimensions/ alternate realities. I believe those are real and scientists are starting to believe it too and research on it.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 12:47pm On May 10, 2020
Oshi5403:

You Are Right There
But I Still Dont Believe The Benin Empire Is Mightier Than The Oyo Empire In Terms Of Military Strength.Both Kingdoms Waged War Against Each Other Sometimes Around 1400 And 1500,but The Result Was Draw.It Was A Total No Victor,no Vanquish.

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 12:48pm On May 10, 2020
Oshi5403:

One Thing You Have To Understand Is That Benin Empire Was Great While The Oyo Empire Was Also Outstanding.
So Talking About Military Strength,both Had It To The Fullest,and The Oyo Empire Had An Advantage Over Benin,which Is The Oyo Empire Calvary.

Mind You,i Am Not In Supportive Of Any Kingdom.I Am Neutral In This Trend.
Am From Enugu State.But Am Just Trying To Get To The Root Of The Issue.

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 1:32pm On May 19, 2020
Mr monkey OYO and BENIN never go to war ..No superiority contest .. go to oba Benin palace abuse oni of ife and OYO oba .say derogatory things you normally say online about them .i bet they will behead you instantly ..likewise in yoruba land Oba benin stool is highly revered
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:
Mr monkey OYO and BENIN never go to war ..No superiority contest .. go to oba Benin palace abuse oni of ife and OYO oba .say derogatory things you normally say online about them .i bet they will behead you instantly ..likewise in yoruba land Oba benin stool is highly revered

Mad man, like the palace doesnt know we have no relationship with ife.... Oba eweka said he came from ife just to include edo under a Yoruba political homogeneity little did he know it wouldn't favour him

Benin had clashed with oyo invading force over yoruba territories under benin empire and tge benins succeedly in wadding them off....

We also supplied guns to yorubas to use to kill themselves in the past.....
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 2:24pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:

Benin and Oyo did actually go to war twice and both times Oyo was defeated.. In one instance it was briefly narrated how Benin defeated Oyo with its large calvary.. I will post the evidence if I come across it again.
As for beheading Edo person in palace over a yoruba issue, please that is not true. maybe your obas will do that to you but thats not the case in Benin.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 4:22pm On May 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Mad man, like the palace doesnt know we have no relationship with ife.... Oba eweka said he came from ife just to include edo under a Yoruba political homogeneity little did he know it wouldn't favour him

Benin had clashed with oyo invading force over yoruba territories under benin empire and tge benins succeedly in wadding them off....

useless thug no record of OYO going to war with benin it can't be they are brothers
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:28pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:
useless thug no record of OYO going to war with benin it can't be they are brothers

No record or you don’t believe they went to war??
There are records of the wars between Benin and Oyo. It is also on record that Oyo expansion eastward was cut by the powerful Benin expansion and conquest westward deep into Yorubalands.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 4:35pm On May 19, 2020
gregyboy:

you are nothing you are not of royal blood nack your head for ground ..Benin is different go near the oba palace secretly curse oni of ife all the deities in the oba palace will follow you home to destroy you and your generation till eternity fool

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 4:37pm On May 19, 2020
davidnazee:

No record or you don’t believe they went to war??
There are records of the wars between Benin and Oyo. It is also on record that Oyo expansion eastward was cut by the powerful Benin expansion and conquest westward deep into Yorubalands.
give time i want to know
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 4:59pm On May 19, 2020
only record i know is ekiti and oyo skirmishes . Oyo could not extend its authority on ekiti due to their rocky terrain nothing to do with Benin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 5:15pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:
only record i know is ekiti and oyo skirmishes . Oyo could not extend its authority on ekiti due to their rocky terrain nothing to do with Benin

I will post it when I find it.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 5:52pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:

Even you ancestoral town was raided by fellow yorubas during the yoruba war,

Mumu get sense ife fought against other yoruba during the kiriji and illaje war....

Yoruba fought themselves

Benin conquered the entire yorubas tribes

Mumu boy, even brothers clash

Oromiyan never visited benin insamuel Johnson account

Your response is puttting other yorubas in shame
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 5:53pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:
you are nothing you are not of royal blood nack your head for ground ..Benin is different go near the oba palace secretly curse oni of ife all the deities in the oba palace will you home to destroy you and your generation till eternity fool

You better remove oba from your name copy copy people

We go soon sue una for using the title oba
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 6:38pm On May 19, 2020
gregyboy:

You better remove oba from your name copy copy people

We go soon sue una for using the title oba
kill yourself you are not even from royal house they dont even know you exist ..i don't even know where your hatred for yoruba came from .. i know you are ibo man or you are half ibo ...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by TAO12: 11:49pm On May 19, 2020
Obalufon:
kill yourself you are not even from royal house they dont even know you exist ..i don't even know where your hatred for yoruba came from .. i know you are ibo man or you are half ibo ...

cc: gregyboy

The word "Oba" does not exist till date in Edo lexicon.

Their later use of the word "Oba" is a loanterm from the Yoruba lexicon.

This word "Oba" which they've since borrowed from Yoruba is still giving them etymological headache till date. grin

Although unrelated, see an interesting attachment below with red-line emphasis. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:49am On May 20, 2020
Obalufon:
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by TAO11(f): 1:14pm On May 22, 2020
When truth shows up, falsehood vanishes.

Why?

Falsehood is by its very nature meant to eventually vanish. grin
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by lawani: 3:40pm On May 23, 2020
Ooni's superiority is spiritual not physical. All obas have their people and domain where they are superior exclusively. If you want to count people then oyo is superior and not Ife. As a monarch, the ooni oversees Ife alone and that is not even up to Ijesa where the owa obokun is supreme.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 10:29pm On May 23, 2020
lawani:
Ooni's superiority is spiritual not physical. All obas have their people and domain where they are superior exclusively. If you want to count people then oyo is superior and not Ife. As a monarch, the ooni oversees Ife alone and that is not even up to Ijesa where the owa obokun is supreme.

Yoruba were never united under any ooni shit

Oduduwa was an idol that never existed

Samuel johson brought the idea of yorubas coming from Oduduwa it was never so in history
Many times in history ife waa ransacked by war
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 10:50pm On May 23, 2020
lawani:
yes you are right but Oni is more powerful than Alafin alafin power was through military strength that diminishes with time .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos From Adeleke University Convocation As King Of Ede Bags Doctorate Degree / Oba Adekunle Baderin Of Ipetu-ijesha Is Dead / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.