Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? (20143 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 12:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
Weedfree:

U mean the same dude that traded salt and slaves with the Europeans that u said nobody knew

You see what wiki post is also same thing I have be saying to you Oyo history and Obaolukun is only in Yoruba story they lie they meet European same Europe never meet them in their history.

Benin contradict them
European contradict them
Ghana contradict them.

What more prove to you, why you haven't even be able to give me a single quote of even one European of Oyo I have give u several of Benin.

You claim Obaolokun was the first to come in contact with European and also traded with them, wiki said there is no fact in that. Now I want to give you Benin king who first came in contact with European on wiki so you can feel the difference.

Oba Ewuare. 14th century
Oba Ozolua
Research about this 2 first king that receive European in Benin empire and you will see many references and quote from European and also well dated fact.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2019
goalernestman:

You see what wiki post is also same thing I have be saying to you Oyo history and Obaolukun is only in Yoruba story they lie they meet European same Europe never meet them in their history.

Benin contradict them
European contradict them
Ghana contradict them.

What more prove to you, why you haven't even be able to give me a single quote of even one European of Oyo I have give u several of Benin.

You claim Obaolokun was the first to come in contact with European and also traded with them, wiki said there is no fact in that. Now I want to give you Benin king who first came in contact with European on wiki so you can feel the difference.

Oba Ewuare. 14th century
Oba Ozolua
Research about this 2 first king that receive European in Benin empire and you will see many references and quote from European and also well dated fact.

That is an interesting point but if it wasn't obalokun that traded with Europeans then who was it then cause it was recorded Oyo empire sold slaves it is recorded in the history of Atlantic slave trade.
And u forget I made mention to the Benin obas who traded with the Europeans so yeah I know their history.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
dreyton:
never from the benin empire laye undecided

Funny Nigga
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
rhektor:

Do you try to know the meaning of words before using them? How would you need to colonize the land /city that you found?

I don’t want to stretch ur brain past it’s limits, so I need to argue with u about founding a place and colonizing a place. But you can choose which of the 2 adjectives best describes Great Benin exploits in Eko (Lagos)..
Great Benin is known to have founded Lagos and also known to have colonized Lagos.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by rhektor(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
davidnazee:

I don’t want to stretch ur brain past it’s limits, so I need to argue with u about founding a place and colonizing a place. But you can choose which of the 2 adjectives best describes Great Benin exploits in Eko (Lagos)..
Great Benin is known to have founded Lagos and also known to have colonized Lagos.

Senseless response, I thought you're wise how wrong I was

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by rhektor(m): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
gregyboy:

Another useless mention from the Yoruba's ....baseless point given not even pertaining to the topic based on no evidence. a typical Yoruba arguer...nothing much expected from a million tribe, that over time couldnt document thier history .and just a group of people who are not beyond thousand could document thier history
Is it true or not? Just try to shoot yourself in the foot
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
rhektor:

Senseless response, I thought you're wise how wrong I was

So goan drink panadol as e be say my response Dey pain you.
Fact will always remain that Benin kingdom is greater than all Yoruba kingdoms.
Yorubas don’t even have any strong or reasonable stories about any Yoruba great kings that existed.. Benin have true accounts of the lives and policies of many kings.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
davidnazee:

Yorubas don’t even have any strong or reasonable stories about any Yoruba great kings that existed.. Benin have true accounts of the lives and policies of many kings.

Your obvious beefs and envy will not allow you to know Yoruba empire’s exploits and achievements. Even other Kingdoms attest to Yoruba’s advancements and successes. How many other neighbouring kingdoms confirm or mention Benin Kingdom? continue to wallow in self inflicted ignorance and envy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by rhektor(m): 6:45am On Apr 02, 2019
davidnazee:

Yeah I know you have accounts including that of Dapper that claimed the walls of Bini shine like glass, stupid assertion bought and resold by Bini rewritters. Dapper that never set foot in Africa

Àwọn oniyeye
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2019
rhektor:

Yeah I know you have accounts including that of Dapper that claimed the walls of Bini shine like glass, stupid assertion bought and resold by Bini rewritters. Dapper that never set foot in Africa

Àwọn oniyeye

And what did they say about Oyo if Oyo was really there at that time.

Hope you forget that Europe named the earth, earth this African that they are 7 continent 7 day's also named by them. So. If Oyo was not really there it was not.

Another thing is that this European favor more of Yoruba than Benin.

They fall Benin and raised Yoruba, the south south south was the power before everything you see happen in west was after fall of Benin empire. but the European came destroy the south and give you Pepe's the power. Now kids that are Born in 20th century never know history.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2019
goalernestman:

Hope you forget that Europe named the earth, earth this African that they are 7 continent 7 day's also named by them. So. If Oyo was not really there it was not.

They fall Benin and raised Yoruba, the south south south was the power before everything you see happen in east was after fall of Benin empire. but the European came destroy the south and give you Pepe's the power. Now kids that are Born in 20th century never know history.

So you are comparing Benin that was disgracefully deafeted just in 1897 to an empire (Yoruba) that has been doing great exploits centuries before then? You see una life? You guys are beginning to showcase your envy and ignorance gradually. Good to read these comments above... kkk

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2019
rhektor:

Àwọn oniyeye

I’m not talking about European accounts.. don’t try to dodge the question.. give me a list of renowned great Yoruba kings that existed..
don’t call Sango that turned to thunder ooo, that is a lie.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2019
geosegun:

So you are comparing Benin that was disgracefully deafeted just in 1897 to an empire (Yoruba) that has been doing great exploits centuries before then? You see una life? You guys are beginning to showcase your envy and ignorance gradually. Good to read these comments above... kkk

Abeg list the great exploits Yoruba did historically.. being defeated multiple times is not an exploit..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by rhektor(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2019
goalernestman:

They fall Benin and raised Yoruba, the south south south was the power before everything you see happen in east was after fall of Benin empire. but the European came destroy the south and give you Pepe's the power. Now kids that are Born in 20th century never know history.

This has been your mindset that has always made you bitter about the Yorubas, you feel like we've been relegated and they have been elevated. Direct your anger to your ancestors not me. Whatever your kings and chiefs had planted in you why can't you reason if that is possible? Europeans has done something to you and your chiefs and now you can only cry about it on the internet so let me ask you what has you and your leaders done to help yourselves? Nothing I guess, you've been helpless because you shift blames on others. No wonder you jump at every thread that is opened on nairaland and other online forums
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by rhektor(m): 11:47am On Apr 02, 2019
davidnazee:

I’m not talking about European accounts.. don’t try to dodge the question.. give me a list of renowned great Yoruba kings that existed..

I mock yiur ignorance, since all these are starring you in the face but you deny it, I am not going to waste my time schooling you on nairaland go and complete your education
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 11:52am On Apr 02, 2019
davidnazee:

Abeg list the great exploits Yoruba did historically.. being defeated multiple times is not an exploit..

Google it �

Published books and papers are all abounds on the internet, please free your mind and start the search. You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. Ignorance and envy will only keep you in the dark (bondage).

Thank me later��
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2019
rhektor:

I mock yiur ignorance, since all these are starring you in the face but you deny it, I am not going to waste my time schooling you on nairaland go and complete your education

Uoochhh!!! Ajigbijigbi such an upper-cut, lol
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
rhektor:

You have nothing to say.. the only information staring me in the face is your humiliating defeats at the hands of Nupe, Dahomey women, Hausa/Fulani and mighty Benin.
Oh and also how you sold each other into slavery.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 3:59pm On Apr 02, 2019
geosegun:

Doing exploit in Yoruba story itself lol like am in a private jet now reading your article, yes am in a private truly.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2019
rhektor:

This has been your mindset that has always made you bitter about the Yorubas, you feel like we've been relegated and they have been elevated. Direct your anger to your ancestors not me. Whatever your kings and chiefs had planted in you why can't you reason if that is possible? Europeans has done something to you and your chiefs and now you can only cry about it on the internet so let me ask you what has you and your leaders done to help yourselves? Nothing I guess, you've been helpless because you shift blames on others. No wonder you jump at every thread that is opened on nairaland and other online forums

No not that what has be my anger is the history and legacy of Benin stolen by Yorubas every day I see this happen. Yoruba authors even go as far to write on wiki to deceive our children. and this I having be proving to be false.

It is time for the history rewriting by the Yorubas should to stop, I know igbos are also doing theirs claiming biafra extended every where in history. But when will all this stop just because you are the majority now do not give u the hand to rewrite history.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by lx3as(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2019
There was nothing like Bini Empire but Yoruba Oba's Bini Kingdom.

Only four empires existed in West Africa: Ghana, Mali, Songhai and Oyo.

Then we had Ife, Bini etc. as kingdoms...
There are differences among empires, kingdoms, Caliphate, etc. Igodomigodo people could not even rule themselves not to talk of having an Empire. What was their System of government, how organised were they?
Why did Binis end up with less than 7 LGA and Yorubas having hundreds and in about 8 states with one unique language, tradition and culture?

Remove Yoruba Oba, Arts, Religion and Culture, Igodomigodo is empty.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-worldhistory/chapter/west-african-empires/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
davidnazee:

coconut head founded ... laughing

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
davidnazee:

Too many great kings have ruled and made the name of yoruba known all over Africa From Mali to shore of Mauritania and Senegal , morocco bornu , and Sudan and through out west Africa.. Oyo kings have always been revered and praise as the lord of Niger to upper Volta river Oyo empire stretched from western Nigeria to Ghana conquered Ashanti kingdom stopped them from extending their kingdom to Togo and Benin republic /Dahomey . shared boarder with Songhai/Mali empire when northern Nigeria were under great Songhai empire still yet Oyo were raiding the north using them as slaves till today yoruba see the north as slaves Niki kingdom baribas were under oyo empire ,vassal state of Oyo even Nupe at a point in time ....,.African greatest scholars Ahmed baba wrote about Yoruba and Oyo also Moroccan historian and world traveler ibn battuta gave his own account
. Hadn't been for European Benin wouldn't be known moreover the glory of Benin belong to Ile-ife / Oranmiyan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=Obalufon post=77338407] Too many great kings have ruled and made the name of yoruba known all over Africa From Mali to shore of Mauritania and Senegal , morocco bornu , and Sudan and through out west Africa.. Oyo kings have always been revered and praise as the lord of Niger to upper Volta river Oyo empire stretched from western Nigeria to Ghana conquered Ashanti empire stopped them from extending their empire to Togo and Benin republic /Dahomey . shared boarder with Songhai/Mali empire when northern Nigeria were under great Songhai empire still yet Oyo were raiding the north using them as slaves till today yoruba see the north as slaves Niki kingdom baribas were under oyo empire ,vassal state of Oyo even Nupe at a point in time ....,.African greatest scholars Ahmed baba wrote about Yoruba and Oyo also Moroccan historian and world traveler ibn battuta gave his own account
. Hadn't been for European Benin wouldn't be known moreover he glory of Benin belong to Ile-ife Oranmiyan [/quote

Instead of you to list the King's names u r telling us too many great kings, so den dont hve names...
Claiming to hve stretch far and wide without those others Kingdom hvin it in their own history is fallacy.. If the so called oyo-empire- was actually an empire the European would hve taken their voyage of discovery team over there for themselves...
Now let's trash d issue of oranmiyan, oranmiyan actually returned back home, because he was the son of oduduwa who was the legitimate heir to the throne of benin...
Oranmiyan was said to hve left benin out of anger because he wasn't allowed to enter the city by those that were rebelling, bcoz d pple insisted that even though he is direct descendant he wasn't brought up in the art and skills of benin, but yet his son who was born in benin was allowed to bcom king...
Note:the benin pple actually went for oduduwa to come back and not for oranmiyan his son because oduduwa was trained in the art and skills of benin..
When oranmiyan left out of anger he called the pple ile ibinu meaning land of anger saying that only a son born in benin can actually rule benin....
Accordingly to the oyo account oranmiyan was describe as a powerful warrior that he single handedly defeated those that revolted against him when he got to oyo, so my question is why didn't him single handedly defeat the benin pple .
1..was he a coward then..
2.blood is thicker than water

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
[quote author=Dartilo post=77339041][/quote]

Bro leave them let them believe papa and mama ferry tales story

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
Fairy tale..laughing..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 7:53am On Apr 08, 2019
[quote author=Dartilo post=77339041][/quote]

Balderdash -

Revisionist- you can never undo Yoruba historical achievements. You are rather making it more popular and acceptable. You know why? na only original product de get counterfeit copy. So your fake story is normal for the original - abinibi history. Hey, young man, remember that ‘abinibi’ ya tó is ability.

Ajisebí, Oyo la’ri, (pace setters) Oyo ki n se bi baba ení kóókan - you know the meaning? It means that .... infact google it. kkkkkkkkkargh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 8:20am On Apr 08, 2019
Like oduduwa falling from the sky abi

Obalufon:
Fairy tale..laughing..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Obalufon: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
Dartilo:

Like oduduwa falling from the sky abi

Laughing .. Oduduwa is a symbol of creation.... if oduduwa the king descend from the sky what is big deal in it ..Elijah used chariot of fire to ascend to heaven lot of mysterious and supernatural things happened in the bible that defiles common sense/ logic ,science and rational mind still yet we believe it wholeheartedly .. Yoruba's are powerful and mystical people we are ancient being we are the first .. Genetically we are different
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 2:55pm On Apr 08, 2019
Pls let's b realistic, Jesus christ d son of the most high GOD didn't jump from heaven...
Oduduwa met pple at ife, so how is he the symbol of creation...
Oduduwa is not indigenous to ife

Obalufon:

Laughing .. Oduduwa is a symbol of creation.... if oduduwa the king descend from the sky what is big deal in it ..Elijah used chariot of fire to ascend to heaven lot of mysterious and supernatural things happened in the bible that defiles common sense/ logic ,science and rational mind still yet we believe it wholeheartedly .. Yoruba's are powerful and mystical people we are ancient being we are the first .. Genetically we are different

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
geosegun:

Balderdash -

Revisionist- you can never undo Yoruba historical achievements. You are rather making it more popular and acceptable. You know why? na only original product de get counterfeit copy. So your fake story is normal for the original - abinibi history. Hey, young man, remember that ‘abinibi’ ya tó is ability.

Ajisebí, Oyo la’ri, (pace setters) Oyo ki n se bi baba ení kóókan - you know the meaning? It means that .... infact google it. kkkkkkkkkargh

yes no body can really delete what Yoruba has done in Nigeria African and the world at large from 19th century till now but it did not pass there any body that tell you of how they know Yoruba in history is brainwashing you
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
goalernestman:

yes no body can really delete what Yoruba has done in Nigeria African and the world at large from 19th century till now but it did not pass there any body that tell you of how they know Yoruba in history is brainwashing you

There is a universal principle in Geology that says ‘the present is the key to the past’. You can make your deductions from here...kkkk

I understand your plight bro. Honestly we are not throwing Yoruba achievements at your face. We are just stating the reality here. We are one bro. But father and son can not have a joint farm without clear demarcations na.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Photos From Adeleke University Convocation As King Of Ede Bags Doctorate Degree / Oba Adekunle Baderin Of Ipetu-ijesha Is Dead / Sultan Tells Senate To Reject Gender Equality Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.