Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? (32717 Views)

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by BabaCommander: 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by ajufinz(m): 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:
Happy Sunday to Everyone.

I'm 32yrs but still unmarried, not because I don't like to or because of money but I just have constant concerns, worries, and fears.

I have been in relationships severally where we both love, respect and care for each other; but I call it off every time it was getting really serious, not because of any grievous issue in particular (because nobody is perfect) but just because of worries and fear of the unknown.

Some of the worries I have are things like:
- Would I still like her in the near future after locking it down with her in marriage?
- Am I sure I have considered all my chances?
- Am I sure I won't regret my choice or find a better choice tomorrow?
- Am I sure this is the right person for me?
- Am I sure I'm not walking into misfortune with my two eyes open?
- Am I sure I'm done a balanced analysis in making a choice or just looking at one side?

Some people think I don't like marriage or that I'm just flexing, but these fears and concerns make me develop cold feet whenever a relationship I'm in start getting serious. These fears and doubt are real.

So guys, what were your fears and concerns before getting married and how did it turn out after been married.

It's a common sign of a man who is not ready for marriage...

Life is still all about you. sad sad sad

17 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by perfectchau(m): 11:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
The more fear you have, the more years you waste. Take the bold step and trust God to see you through the journey of marriage. God is the author of marriage, if there are cracks while in the home trust him to restore your home.
Some good things wont come your way until you get married.
Whosoever findeth a wife, has found a good thing and obtaineth Favour from God.

Thank God i took that BOLD step last year

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by tayooluwole: 11:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:

I'm 32yrs but still unmarried, not because I don't like to or because of money but I just have constant concerns, worries, and fears.

I have been in relationships severally where we both love, respect and care for each other; but I call it off every time it was getting really serious, not because of any grievous issue in particular (because nobody is perfect) but just because of worries and fear of the unknown.

- Would I still like her in the near future after locking it down with her in marriage?
- Am I sure I'm done a balanced analysis in making a choice or just looking at one side?

Some people think I don't like marriage or that I'm just flexing, but these fears and concerns make me develop cold feet whenever a relationship I'm in start getting serious. These fears and doubt are real.

So guys, what were your fears and concerns before getting married and how did it turn out after been married.

Marriage is a black market( trial and error), what you bought can only be unveiled after the marriage...

5 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2019
Marriage these days get as he be.

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Temidayo9(m): 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:

Spirit of Witch sited
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by vikstandon(m): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:
More comments will be very much appreciated especially from already married people.

Do you have concerns and fears before your marriage, what are they and how did it play out after marriage?

Lalasticlala, can you kindly move this to the front page, pls. Thanks.

I am reading...don't expect my comment because I share same concerns as you mentioned.

Fears of uncertainties!!!
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by iamwhat: 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
I also have these fears and even more..... My own worse because I don't even trust myself to be faithful (not sexually) because routines easily piss me off and I love being dynamic. I'm even confuse self

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by millionboi2: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
NoMoreTrolling:
My concern is selling this watch before marriage:

apple watch series 4, 44mm, GPS, 150k
https://www.nairaland.com/5064385/apple-watch-series-4-44mm
Bros thy scam u
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by sanesta: 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:

You don't need to think about them because they were never treated badly and even after going our separate ways, we are still good to each other.

It is better to have a broken relationship than to have a dissatisfied or broken marriage.
what could be worst than breaking a relationship when it's getting serious..?

7 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by conquerorsword: 11:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
Bro all I can say is,
First you need to be born again and be rooted in Gods word, this is the first key in building a great home full of love and so you can raise godly kid.
Secondly Prayer is the key, pray and seek God direction, God works in different ways. He will surely lead you if your heart is open.
Finally be humble, don't put beauty infront, seek for character first.make I leave you hear. May God lead you and direct you

31 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by PeacenLove2: 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:

Sorry, flexing is not my thing. Of course, age is just a number for a guy, unlike a woman.

By the time you reach 50 and you still think age is on your side because you are a man, OYO is your case. While your mates are done raising their kids, you are just starting from day care and your kids friends asking if you are their grand pa.

You hopefully would have made a lot of money and you clinch one small geh, you delude yourself she married you for love. Serious OYO is your case.

Better respect yasef and take that bold step. The earlier the better for all sexes. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Sieze thel moment. grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by NoMoreTrolling: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
millionboi2:
Bros thy scam u

I don’t get bro!
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reading comments from singles and I am grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by uuzba(m): 11:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
code101:
I have fears too regarding marriage, but I am happily marred now, three years in marriage and I still learning... I will share more with you latter...
Abeg, please go and pass the 5 years mark before adding mouth.
All the things that want to happen in marriage, happen within the 1st 5 years.
I'm praying for you.

4 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
It's normal to have some fears especially if you're the type that wants to spend the rest of your life in peace of mind and not in chaos.

Marriage is more or less a black market. You can't be sure of what you bought until after the marriage

9 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Elliot2(m): 11:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
Onyi22:
My concern is "What if d money finish"? Where will I start from?
And some are here wondering what if the kpekus slacks. Could u be ever young so long for the money?

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
PeacenLove2:

By the time you reach 50 and you still think age is on your side because you are a man, OYO is your case. While your mates are done raising their kids, you are just starting from day care and your kids friends asking if you are their grand pa.

You hopefully would have made a lot of money and you clinch one small geh, you delude yourself she married you for love. Serious OYO is your case.

Better respect yasef and take that bold step. The earlier the better for all sexes. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Sieze thel moment. grin

you are right.

Time waits for no one

4 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by ogtavia(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
GodisGood4321:

I am not married but i pray to before I hit 32. Truth is, your fears are genuine and your concerns are real. Most people have had this fear before marriage, atimes it's called 'cold feet' wherein a little pep talk will do the trick. And at other times, they are very real fears that are based most likely on the relationship.

At any rate, I would advice that you define your relationship and the basis for which you consider someone a suitable partner. I am not saying you should have rigid standards, no, not all. However, it will make plenty sense if you define why you want to get married and make sure whoever you are engaged to agrees to them. Amos 3:3 reads " can two walk together except they agree"?

7 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by stevups(m): 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
All the points that you raised are genuine, but you never ready. Not all that begin well end well. But the grace will make you end well.

3 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 12, 2019
Single for life

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Lexicon123: 12:01am On Mar 12, 2019
This topic brings a close friend to mind. He's been in this relationship with a lady he met about 4 years ago. The lady decided she was going to study abroad, couple with having some brothers and dad abroad. The guy felt obligated to support her by giving her time to study. Months turned to years and nothing has happened. Now she's trying to get her green card and therefore need more time to settled down, meanwhile the guy feels he is advancing in age. He's doing well in Nigeria and not fixated on abandoning everything to move abroad (probably illegally for sometime). The lady is threatening to quit if the guy can't wait any longer. The earliest she feels she can settle down and have kids is at least 3 years time (not guaranteed surely). Am even confused about his predicament myself that I don't know a suitable advice for him right now.

Bottom line is that people face different difficult situations before and duration marriage. It takes the grace of God, patience and strong will to overcome .

10 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Dinho20(m): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2019
MARRIAGE IS NOT A UNION, MERELY BETWEEN TWO CREATURES,
IT IS A UNION BETWEEN TWO SPIRITS; AND THE INTENTION OF THAT BOND IS TO PERFECT THE NATURE OF BOTH, BY SUPPLEMENTING THEIR DEFICIENCIES WITH THE FORCE OF CONTRAST, GIVING TO EACH SEX THOSE EXCELLENCES IN WHICH IT IS NATURALLY DEFICIENT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2019
uuzba:

Abeg, please go and pass the 5 years mark before adding mouth.
All the things that want to happen in marriage, happen within the 1st 5 years.
I'm praying for you.

Three years in marriage also has a say abeg. And not everything happens in the first 1-5 years. That sounds like a fallacy

8 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Dinho20(m): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2019
MARRIAGE IS NOT A UNION, MERELY BETWEEN TWO CREATURES, IT IS A UNION BETWEEN TWO SPIRITS; AND THE INTENTION OF THAT BOND IS TO PERFECT THE NATURE OF BOTH, BY SUPPLEMENTING THEIR DEFICIENCIES WITH THE FORCE OF CONTRAST, GIVING TO EACH SEX THOSE EXCELLENCES IN WHICH IT IS NATURALLY DEFICIENT.

3 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Elliot2(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2019
I had a friend back in the days in d uni, each time I visited their family home I felt like getting married. The cordial relationship that exist in the family was outta d world. Come n see husband vs wife love,father vs children love,mother vs children love,n even family vs strangers love. The peace in the home was so mind blowing that their parents always looked younger every other time i visited. No dull moments. Chai! There are marriages and there are marriages. Guys,please stop marrying those slay queens like Onyi whose only value added in a relationship are their kpekuses that will never be forever young! Go for good girls whose love is for ever young.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 12, 2019
Go and listen to- Dido when you are 40.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing / Married To An Atheist / Twins Born In Spain Joined Hands After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.