Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? (32682 Views)

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / 1 Year After Marriage, I Am Already Tired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by olufemi7onifade: 9:45am On Mar 12, 2019
Amberon11:
Your religion in it's "pure form" also doesn't allow fornication and sampling different women in the name of relationships.

Only God can Judge.
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Lexicon123: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2019
ianq:

Your friend's faith is commendable. However, i would ask 2 things. 1) is he sexually active in the meantime? 2) does he routinely go for medical checkups?

because, if he is practising abstinence from sex while waiting for the woman, i can quite convincingly tell u his bp might be on the rise.
U might wanna cross check him on that. ..it might be the advice u are looking to giving him.

Lolll. Though one can hardly vouch for another, but as much as I know, he's one hell of a faithful guy. But I'll let him know as advised smiley
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 12, 2019
Amberon11:
It's usually at the edge of breakthrough all manner of temptations come.
I'll keep strong next time. Thx

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 9:49am On Mar 12, 2019
libertyfather:
Just forget marriage its a scam....i regret im in it right now getting out is my biggest problem, looks like the easiest way my enemy get me
Marriage is not a scam bro... The fear of marrying a monster is what scares the hell out of every man

Once tolerance, respect and understanding are missing in a relationship/marriage, forget it.. Love can't save it
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2019
dmgr:
Thou am not married but I will be some day.I sometimes have fears of what if the good and well manned wife I married changed from good to bad over night,can I be able to handle all the drama.because am a kind of reserved person I don't like too much drama

What if she cheats on me? what if she is no longer faithful after the wedding,am saying this because some married women do cheat on their husbands this days with anybody even their ex..And infidelity is a difficult thing for me to handle,I just can't imagine my wife sleeping around.

My fears too, I just freaking hate infidelity in any form.
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by oobinna: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2019
GodisGood4321:
Happy Sunday to Everyone.

I'm 32yrs but still unmarried, not because I don't like to or because of money but I just have constant concerns, worries, and fears.

I have been in relationships severally where we both love, respect and care for each other; but I call it off every time it was getting really serious, not because of any grievous issue in particular (because nobody is perfect) but just because of worries and fear of the unknown.

Some of the worries I have are things like:
- Would I still like her in the near future after locking it down with her in marriage?
- Am I sure I have considered all my chances?
- Am I sure I won't regret my choice or find a better choice tomorrow?
- Am I sure this is the right person for me?
- Am I sure I'm not walking into misfortune with my two eyes open?
- Am I sure I'm done a balanced analysis in making a choice or just looking at one side?

Some people think I don't like marriage or that I'm just flexing, but these fears and concerns make me develop cold feet whenever a relationship I'm in start getting serious. These fears and doubt are real.

So guys, what were your fears and concerns before getting married and how did it turn out after been married.

I had that fear bros before getting into marriage. I had not been into any serious relationship before marriage. so, I did not have sex before marriage but when I met this lady, I loved her. I thought she was a virgin initially, but she told me the plain truth that she wasnt. So my greatest fear then was if I could satisfy her in bed. But then I walked into marriage with faith. No regrets bros, I have a loving,charming and wonderful wife. Though the initial love making was war, I was not good then, but she encouraged me and now my fears are over.

so bros marriage is a leap of faith. Just find the lady you love, walk into marriage believing for the best. MARRIAGE IS FUN AND ENJOYABLE. May God give every strenght you need.
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by EmpressT(f): 10:07am On Mar 12, 2019
ujluv:
Thanks so much. Noted
You're welcome smiley
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by 1xgg: 10:22am On Mar 12, 2019
)

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:33am On Mar 12, 2019
nymphomaniac:
Op, na once man dey die. When you see a lady that fits into your physical and psychological compartments, kindly go ahead. What is the worst that could happen? I believe there will never be an eflluxion of your fear if you don't take the leap of faith with a woman.

Finally, there is a 95% chance that where you are good and faithful to your wife, you will have a happy marriage.

#MarriedFor1yearInThePastButNowSingle.

Sorry to ask, was she a nymph cos I'm trying to understand why that moniker.....
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by TrumXray(m): 10:46am On Mar 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Olulinks(m): 10:52am On Mar 12, 2019
ImaIma1:
The truth is that you will never know the answer to this question. There is no instrument for measuring the eventuality of marriage.
You've answered well. I clap for you. In addition, all those things he is avoiding or afraid of will still be met in marriage. The guy shouldn't waste more time, he should only pray for God's guide and lunch out.
"They" say that when you meet the right person, you will know and there will be no fear or doubts in the heart.
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 10:59am On Mar 12, 2019
Offpoint1:
I was afraid she'll give birth to triplets 3 times...
that's why I'm still single, fear double kids... but shít runs in my family like trophy.

Lastly, fear of feeding a grown azz till eternity.... [ don't quote me with the working class woman shít, you still gonna feed her even if she earn millions]
May millions fall on you bra cheesy

Caring for your mother or a lady you love, providing her with money, material things and more importantly spending on your kids is the happiest things any man can witness in his lifetime, pray to have so u won't bother to spend on people u love.

Anytime I send money to my mom even when she doesn't ask, I feel so excited when she calls on phone to gist me lots of things happening around, her fellow women, Church issues, and other frivolities, makes me feel so achieved. I can't wait to do same for my kids and their good mom to be kiss

9 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2019
1xgg:
.. I'm 26 and I've not witnessed peace between my parents for straight two weeks( always from my mum) .. my mum cheats on my dad like mad, the woman can make up stories just to make sure she turn all my siblings against my dad,if you don't side her she will treat you like a stranger , she steals from my dad when he keeps money at home, my mum is the headquarter of all the stupid women in the world.the man sef done try.the thing have affected my siblings and I negatively. me sef dey advice am on divorce.
The lesson here is my dad took his time to look for a humble lady from a humble home, someone he taught jelled with him emotionally and characterwise, yet all those scrutiny and search for perfection turned out really bad..
Dude whatever your choice is just do court weeding.life is too short to condone rubbish!
Pls don't scare me, this aspect scares the hell out of me.

I can forgive my wife anything she does against me, but the two things I can never forgive her are:

1.) Attempt to take my life away
2.) Cheating (I will never forgive no matter what, that will be the end of the road angry )

I really don't pray to be in your dad's shoe because I will kill somebody alive, which I really don't pray for angry

God I am begging you please don't let me marry a cheating woman that will cheat on me, instead find ways to cancel the wedding before it takes place oh Lord I pray cry
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Offpoint1: 11:19am On Mar 12, 2019
franchasng:
May millions fall on you bra cheesy

Caring for your mother or a lady you love, providing her with money, material things and more importantly spending on your kids is the happiest things any man can witness in his lifetime, pray to have so u won't bother to spend on people u love.

Anytime I send money to my mom even when she doesn't ask, I feel so excited when she calls on phone to gist me lots of things happening around, her fellow women, Church issues, and other frivolities, makes me feel so achieved. I can't wait to do same for my kids and their good mom to be kiss
Mom and wife are two different entity.
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2019
franchasng:

I can forgive my wife anything she does against me, but the two things I can never forgive her are:

2.) Cheating (I will never forgive no matter what, that will be the end of the road angry )

I really don't pray to be in your dad's shoe because I will kill somebody alive, which I really don't pray for angry

God I am begging you please don't let me marry a cheating woman that will cheat on me, instead find ways to cancel the wedding before it takes place oh Lord I pray cry

there are men out there going through hell out there in marriage

And I feel so sorry for them

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2019
Ugosample:

there are men out there going through hell out there in marriage

And I feel so sorry for them
na wa oh cry
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by iswallker(m): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2019
its a nightmare right now... lipsrsealed
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2019
franchasng:
na wa oh cry

A town's man of mine is facing HELL

It's this issue of male child wahala.

he is fine wirt the girls he has (5 btw)

But the woman want boy by fire by force (hence the reason why they have 5 in the firsr place

From one palava to the other

She hates the last born so much and maltreats her undecided

And the wahala goes on and on

Good man people are looking for, this one is rubbishing

is it at his age now that he will now start looking to start another family?.??

So sad

men shine una eyes

Big ass /Small ass, all na ass and e dey sweet well well, only of you can use the instrument cheesy

so no use because you dey find big ass /heavy duty, you land yourself n'ime nsogbu

I am talking specifically to the nwafors out there (we know ourselves) grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2019
Ugosample:

A town's man of mine is facing HELL

It's this issue of male child wahala.

he is fine wirt the girls he has (5 btw)

But the woman want boy by fire by force (hence the reason why they have 5 in the firsr place

From one palava to the other

She hates the last born so much and maltreats her undecided

And the wahala goes on and on

Good man people are looking for, this one is rubbishing

is it at his age now that he will now start looking to start another family?.??

So sad

men shine una eyes

Big ass /Small ass, all na ass and e dey sweet well well, only of you can use the instrument cheesy

so no use because you dey find big ass /heavy duty, you land yourself n'ime nsogbu

I am talking specifically to the nwafors out there (we know ourselves) grin tongue
lolz life is funny cheesy
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Ugosample(m): 11:57am On Mar 12, 2019
franchasng:
lolz life is funny cheesy
when you are in the situation

It's not funny tongue
But as Igbos will say
ihe ojoo na-ato ochi tongue
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ugosample:

when you are in the situation

It's not funny tongue

But as Igbos will say

ihe ojoo na-ato ochi tongue
yeah, you are right cry
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by djon78(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
franchasng:

The solution is not too much scrutiny. If you screen too much, you go carry suegbe enter house.
In fact, from deep understanding, most of the women we tag as bad girls end up making good wives. Why do you think that most men that had bad marriages always say that when they married there wives, they looked good not knowing that it was all a camouflage.

The wisdom here is don't scrutinize too much.
Be prayerful, and look for any sign God is using to warn you about the person because God always gives us a sign of danger ahead but we don't listen or pay attention.

And for you as a man, make sure you are good to your woman, although not being a Sissy. Be good, nice, make sure you take good care of the woman in your life. Once you are good to a woman, you will reap it back.

And forget stories you read, there are still a lot of good, well raised women out there, let God lead you rightly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by franchasng: 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
djon78:

The solution is not too much scrutiny. If you screen too much, you go carry suegbe enter house.
In fact, from deep understanding, most of the women we tag as bad girls end up making good wives. Why do you think that most men that had bad marriages always say that when they married there wives, they looked good not knowing that it was all a camouflage.

The wisdom here is don't scrutinize too much.
Be prayerful, and look for any sign God is using to warn you about the person because God always gives us a sign of danger ahead but we don't listen or pay attention.

And for you as a man, make sure you are good to your woman, although not being a Sissy. Be good, nice, make sure you take good care of the woman in your life. Once you are good to a woman, you will reap it back.

And forget stories you read, there are still a lot of good, well raised women out there, let God lead you rightly.
You spoke well, its well

2 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Tunagee(m): 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
Elvisu:
I’m 42yrs and yet to marry. May God help me.

I hope u are not a lady?
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by nymphomaniac(m): 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Sorry to ask, was she a nymph cos I'm trying to understand why that moniker.....
it's a long story as to hw I came to bear my monicker. If u want to hear it, send me a PM. grin cheesy
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by hayzed1090: 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
Amberon11:
Your religion in it's "pure form" also doesn't allow fornication and sampling different women in the name of relationships.

Chai.. U are very intelligent

1 Like

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by hayzed1090: 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

She will only be a virgin for one night. And being a virgin doesn't mask character flaws in a person. But good luck with your search.

She will always be a virgin in d sight of her husband . Yes character is very important , in fact if not the most important attribute to look out for , however virginity also is a very very great gift a lady can give the hubby now ...
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 12:42am On Mar 13, 2019
hayzed1090:

She will always be a virgin in d sight of her husband . Yes character is very important , in fact if not the most important attribute to look out for , however virginity also is a very very great gift a lady can give the hubby now ...

Absolutely right. It's a great gift. But it becomes worthless when she has serious character flaws that even her peers that were married as non virgins make better wives. Or haven't you seen a marriage collapse even if the wife was married a virgin?

Don't get me wrong... keeping virginity till wedding is a beautiful thing. But it must be accompanied by good character and other traits to make a marriage work.

5 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 13, 2019
Yes she might always be a virgin to the husband, but please understand that once her virginity is gone, there’s a possibility that you will not be the only one entering, these are circumstances that happen all time. Nothing wrong in wanting a virgin, but do not lay all your criteria’s and trust on this one thing. Life can be so unpredictable and scary, learn to have an open mind.
hayzed1090:

3 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by EngrBriggs: 8:37am On Mar 13, 2019
GodisGood4321:
Happy Sunday to Everyone.

I'm 32yrs but still unmarried, not because I don't like to or because of money but I just have constant concerns, worries, and fears.

I have been in relationships severally where we both love, respect and care for each other; but I call it off every time it was getting really serious, not because of any grievous issue in particular (because nobody is perfect) but just because of worries and fear of the unknown.

Some of the worries I have are things like:
- Would I still like her in the near future after locking it down with her in marriage?
- Am I sure I have considered all my chances?
- Am I sure I won't regret my choice or find a better choice tomorrow?
- Am I sure this is the right person for me?
- Am I sure I'm not walking into misfortune with my two eyes open?
- Am I sure I'm done a balanced analysis in making a choice or just looking at one side?

Some people think I don't like marriage or that I'm just flexing, but these fears and concerns make me develop cold feet whenever a relationship I'm in start getting serious. These fears and doubt are real.

So guys, what were your fears and concerns before getting married and how did it turn out after been married.

I am in this same situation as you. I am currently dating a lady who is a graduate and will be 25 years this year. She is loving, caring, industrous and very generous. She is well accepted by my family even though she is from a totally different tribe.

I had planned settling down with her, until I began to realise;

1. My physical attraction to her was waning by the day. She is fast losing her good physique to belly fat and this is really putting me off.

2. She has suddenly become rebellious and will not accept her faults 50% of the time. When I notice something she does wrong and draws her attention to it, she will give excuses and rant about how excessively demanding I am.

3. My mum has never treated her badly. But on one ocassion, my mum extended her anger to her after a disagreement I had with my mum. This lady took it personal and even threatened to stop calling mum. All these because of just one incidence in about a year.

4. Despite coming to my house almost all the time, this lady has never cooked for me. I dont know if she is a good cook or not, although she cooks in her house.

5. She takes offence too quickly. Any little or prolonged joke and she loses her cool. In contrast, I am a very playful person and I cant cope with too much seriousness.

6. Finally, the cultural difference which wouldnt have been much of a big deal except for the fact that she is not so willing to adjust to changes and take simple corrections on how things are been done in my culture.

Weighing her good side and not-too-good side, I became confused. I dont want to settle down with a disrespectful, rebellious woman even if she is the nicest and most generous person in the world.

I can cope with most of her wrong-doings cos I noticed when the chips are down, she is soft-hearted. However, I find myself always thinking, why not be a bit patient, you'll meet someone who will complement and understand you better.

I really do not want stress after marriage and even if there will be, it shouldnt be from things I have noticed and could have avoided before marriage.

9 Likes

Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Atikulated: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
kazvid:
It AM I not AM MINE
IT IS OR IT'S NOT IT
Re: What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2019
sojayy:

"It's am i" not "it am i"
Monkey dey carry monkey climb tree....lol

"It's am I?" not "it's am i"

You don't use a small letter for a pronoun such as "I".

Monkey dey carry the monkey wey carry monkey climb tree. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.