Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4828612 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by KelBee: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
I am chilling watching EPL.... Good nite bro...
May we get the APL
Napolitano2012:

Oga good night.. sweet dreams.. if you like stay here and keep refreshing the page till morning..

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
KelBee:
My brother , no hard feelings...just be a bit matured in ur response... That's all

bruh, no hard feelings but I don't think you know Wat the phrase "no hard feelings mean".. go through all ur posts since I posted the info and see the definition of hard feelings... sleep tight

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Biolexxin:
Am not really a fan of quoting, to those concerned, this thing is very simple..
We all got the gist the list was lopsidised, even baru stylishly made the comment, when he cited the complex inclusion process as the reason for the delay, to balance the list, a list of candidates with high scores from the affected regions were collated, due to limited timing, they were confused as per what further criteria to use to select the candidates, they therefore proceeded to factor in the number of times each of this candidates with highest scores accessed their portal.
Simple. Sure no one is saying that was the best method but that is what Napolino is trying to explain.

Thank you... Common Sense is Overrated

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Rahl444: 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
Oya everybody go and sleep .
See you tomorrow morning. APL day .Amen grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by trilobite: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Methinks that stuff about the website clicks is either total BS or the list manipulators finally found a perfect excuse for their plans. I have heard more ridiculous excuses when the reality was totally different.
Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Nigerian civil servants.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TeddyX(m): 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Iyajelili(f): 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
I'm not saying what Napo said is true or false but I have seen corruption in Nigerian ministries and agencies plus the government that anything I hear about our government I try my best not to believe but my experience won't just allow me to. Our government do not care about the masses especially when it comes to federal recruitments.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 11:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
Napolitano2012:
APL will be out SOON as the GMD said.. but before then, let me drop an info I learnt about recently from my HR Source.. it has nothing to do with the release but rather with a very weird method applied in correcting the first list..

She claimed that a first list was submitted sometime in October but it was met with disapproval from Top Guns in government causing the initial delays and rancours.. mostly because it was claimed to favour more of the west and south and not enough of the north... According to her, on that day she informed us that the GMD called a very short emergency meeting after the Quiz Event, it was resolved that the list should be modified after which online documentation should follow..

.. she said they (HR DEPARTMENT) consequently proceeded to remove some names from some states in order to balance it by adding some names in order states.. NOW the weird gist is, CAN u imagine the method they applied in choosing the new names that were added... she said that in order to be fast with the selection and to make it fair, they logged into the dashboards of the candidates with high scores that were not selected before, then they checked the number of times each candidate had logged in since the interview and the regularity with which they logged in and from there, they selected over hundreds of new names based purely on how often they frequented their dashboard. when my boss asked her why,, she said since the candidates in question all had the necessary high score, they couldn't pick all, they needed a particular number and so it was down to luck... and for the method, she said the logic was that those who were continually checking their dashboard showed that they were really interested in the job and were eager to know if their status had changed but those who didn't log in oftenly might not care much bout the job..

mehn, I was shocked dat day.. that is how many of us here would be called by luck.. from dat day, I began to believe more in prayers ... people who were not in the original list, see how Fate turned tins around for their favour...... just with a weird reason of logging in to ur dashboard oftenly.. that's it... we wait.

Ask your source further bro they even went of Facebook Twitter jiji and alibaba to check those that are really obsessed with nnpc. Guess the f. Uck what.... They are also giving preference to only that have been working as house boys in the house of the GMD since the interview. Question your source bro he will tell you more. What a weird world.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by nihelimitretep: 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
When they are out of source, they cry for it...when they have source, they rubbish it and rubbish the OP. And when the OP explains to the list, the ask him to mind how he divulges info....but they still want to know.

Nairaland is really a house.

13 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2020
nihelimitretep:
When they are out of source, they cry for it...when they have source, they rubbish it and rubbish the OP. And when the OP explains to the list, the ask him to mind how he divulges info....but they still want to know.

Nairaland is really a house.
Truth is me I'm tired. I just watch, like or dislike in my mind. Life goes on.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 12:15am On Jan 22, 2020
Are people saying the use of number of dashboard visit a corruption or changing of names to balance Federal character?
If it's changing of names to balance Federal character, that's no corruption, but not fair either.
If it's using of number of dashboard visits, then that's somehow logical, or how do you pick about 100 applicants from 200 who had the same scores?
Remember, even in football with goal difference, number of goals scored, number of goals conceded, sometimes they still use silly criteria like head to head, fair game: that is, number of yellow/red cards received to determine the table if there's so much tie.

Fun fact: did you know?
Nigeria U17 was eliminated in the group stage in Finland 2003, by a "coin toss" after having the same points (4) with Costa Rica...
While Senegal in Fifa World Cup 2018, was eliminated by "fair play rule" after having 6 yellow cards against Japan's 4, despite having the same points.

19 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Resveratrol: 12:24am On Jan 22, 2020
Some things actually do sound illogical. But we must always remember one thing.... THIS IS NIGERIA WHERE ANYTHING GOES. I hope it changes soon. But what was said is very very possible.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DustnSheaButter: 12:27am On Jan 22, 2020
Guys make unah take am easy with Napolitano2012. The criteria may sound illogical, but nothing is impossible in a country where snake dey swallow money. Lol!

Napolitano2012:
APL will be out SOON as the GMD said.. but before then, let me drop an info I learnt about recently from my HR Source.. it has nothing to do with the release but rather with a very weird method applied in correcting the first list..

She claimed that a first list was submitted sometime in October but it was met with disapproval from Top Guns in government causing the initial delays and rancours.. mostly because it was claimed to favour more of the west and south and not enough of the north... According to her, on that day she informed us that the GMD called a very short emergency meeting after the Quiz Event, it was resolved that the list should be modified after which online documentation should follow..

.. she said they (HR DEPARTMENT) consequently proceeded to remove some names from some states in order to balance it by adding some names in order states.. NOW the weird gist is, CAN u imagine the method they applied in choosing the new names that were added... she said that in order to be fast with the selection and to make it fair, they logged into the dashboards of the candidates with high scores that were not selected before, then they checked the number of times each candidate had logged in since the interview and the regularity with which they logged in and from there, they selected over hundreds of new names based purely on how often they frequented their dashboard. when my boss asked her why,, she said since the candidates in question all had the necessary high score, they couldn't pick all, they needed a particular number and so it was down to luck... and for the method, she said the logic was that those who were continually checking their dashboard showed that they were really interested in the job and were eager to know if their status had changed but those who didn't log in oftenly might not care much bout the job..

mehn, I was shocked dat day.. that is how many of us here would be called by luck.. from dat day, I began to believe more in prayers ... people who were not in the original list, see how Fate turned tins around for their favour...... just with a weird reason of logging in to ur dashboard oftenly.. that's it... we wait.

13 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 22, 2020
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Donas11(m): 1:35am On Jan 22, 2020
All of una dey talk una own...
Too much Over-sabi dey here....

The summary of Napolitano's message was,there will surely be,REMOVAL of names and ADDITION of names,how they decide to go about creating that loophole in other to achieve there selfish aim,is entirely up to them...

It's the Federal Civil Service and Federal Character must be even and well represented...

So Napolitano assertion/feedback was correct.

Mind you,he only reported what he was told..

Just go down on your knees and pray for God's Grace concerning this recruitment...

We all have done our bits and for the delay in the release of APL,just sends one clear message to us HOPEFULS...

Our APL Fate is no longer in our hands anymore..

We are left with 2 options...Either PRAY to your Supreme Maker or have faith in your contacts..

Shalom

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Lordlight20109: 2:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Teaser4:
I never check my dashboard since the last time wey I print my interview letter. . yeh Mogbe!!!!!!!

This is the major reason why they are attacking Napolitano's Dashboard Theory (DAT) . Majority here don't check there dashboard frequently.

Now with this DAT news, it's now like hell has fallen loose on them

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by kachii77: 3:22am On Jan 22, 2020
thanks professor wole soyinka...nor be u dem ask question....just saying...u forget that people also classify west as south west ...so when he said west and south and north.the only thing left out was east so i say make i confirm ....person wey dey ask question no dey miss road....as u see d question u for just leave am ...well as prof wey u be na only u go fit tell difference between stupid question and stupid answer.....#onelove

ozoebuka1:
This question is stupid... When you talk of north, do you differentiate North from Northeast and North Central? We know we have N, E, W, S as for cardinal points but in Nigeria it's just N, S"south and east" and West.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TheMatrix3: 3:53am On Jan 22, 2020
This nnpc thread grin grin grin clowns everywhere. Wetin Emeka no go see for Idumota cheesy
Pleasing the crowd is really very difficult
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 22, 2020
The Dashboard theory given by napolitano2012' sources is not the actual criteria used for filling up space based on federal character. It is just a ready-made excuse to justify their own way of replacing names! Do not put Napolitano to the sword!
Or are we all expecting our source to tell us names were given based on recommendations by Mr or Mrs so so so?
Whatever the case maybe, I pray we all be fortunate through the Grace of God!

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Donas11(m): 6:44am On Jan 22, 2020

The summary of Napolitano's message was,there will surely be,REMOVAL of names and ADDITION of names,how they decide to go about creating that loophole in other to achieve there selfish aim,is entirely up to them...

It's the Federal Civil Service and Federal Character must be even and well represented...

Just go down on your knees and pray for God's Grace concerning this recruitment...

We all have done our bits and for the delay in the release of APL,just sends one clear message to us HOPEFULS...

We are left with 2 options...Either PRAY to your Supreme Maker or have faith in your contacts..

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2020
Rexmy:
Teaser4 ooo grin Are you from the North ni grin
lol...nope bro...ayam from the Southwest
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by darella(m): 6:53am On Jan 22, 2020
Its Wednesday..perfect day for APL release.
Let clear and prepare our email boxes. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 22, 2020
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Etr3y(m): 6:56am On Jan 22, 2020
Donas11:

Shalom
The time for prayer is late,
List is ready, the only prayer now is the ability/grace to accept the outcome irrespective!

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NOTGOINGDOWN(m): 7:18am On Jan 22, 2020
I'm just thinking, what better criteria could have been used to measure candidates interest or obsession for the recruitment apart from the number of times they check their portal?

Mind you, after I printed my interview invite, it is only nairaland I have been checking for update.

Just thinking if there is a better way...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mikhail1(m): 7:25am On Jan 22, 2020
NOTGOINGDOWN:
I'm just thinking, what better criteria could have been used to measure candidates interest or obsession for the recruitment apart from the number of times they check their portal?

Mind you, after I printed my interview invite, it is only nairaland I have been checking for update.

Just thinking if there is a better way...
That method is really unorthodox. But think about it if a group of people are into you how do you tell which one has the most intrest. It doesn't make sense because they could all really like you but some would put more effort. How do you measure effort or intrest. In addition there are a lot of people who aren't on nairaland or whatsapp groups who only go the portal to check for updates. That doesn't mean they want the job more than anyone else who applied.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by TeddyX(m): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2020

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by MajorLanister: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2020
My SOURCE said there's a place for grace and mercy grin . All of una wey dey claim "SOURCE". God is greater

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 7:33am On Jan 22, 2020
Mikhail1:

That method is really unorthodox. But think about it if a group of people are into you how do you tell which one has the most intrest. It doesn't make sense because they could all really like you but some would put more effort. How do you measure effort or intrest. In addition there are a lot of people who aren't on nairaland or whatsapp groups who only go the portal to check for updates. That doesn't mean they want the job more than anyone else who applied.
At least I've heard/read about some interviewers favouring the interviewees who smile more during interview.

Should "smile" be the yardstick for rating applicants that scored same/similar points?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 22, 2020
Iyajelili:
I'm not saying what Napo said is true or false but I have seen corruption in Nigerian ministries and agencies plus the government that anything I hear about our government I try my best not to believe but my experience won't just allow me to. Our government do not care about the masses especially when it comes to federal recruitments.

There are complaining bcoz it sounds ridiculous, But before I started, I said I wanted to say something weird, bcoz the whole thing sounds like bullshit to me too.. I said it was funny at first den I became angry.. The Source called my boss to inform him that they were done modifying the list and then she decided to CONFIDE in him on what they apparently did, It's not something everybody or anybody else is supposed to know. it's a secret. becoz it's an ugly method if they really did that.. and it was during that process that she asked for his nephew's name ands details although the boy is from South South... Th simple truth is that things have happened to that list that you all here can't comprehend.. and won't believe if you are told.. believe me or not, I get first hand info but I keep most of them locked up so bcoz of its sensitivity and the dust u guys like raising here.. this info came in December but I refused spilling it here bcoz I wanted it to pass for sometime when that process has been done for.... I don't understand the attacking from most angles, if you believe the story, cool, if u don't, kool.. and don't expect any of ur sources to know or tell u this..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 22, 2020
joobseekar:
Are people saying the use of number of dashboard visit a corruption or changing of names to balance Federal character?
If it's changing of names to balance Federal character, that's no corruption, but not fair either.
If it's using of number of dashboard visits, then that's somehow logical, or how do you pick about 100 applicants from 200 who had the same scores?

Spot On, exactly how she explained it.. she said for example, they wanted to add 5 new candidates from Kaduna state, and they needed to select from a pool of 20 candidates from Kaduna that scored 80, (since the few that scored 85 & above were already picked in the former list) ,, she said if they wanted to pick the 5 randomly from the 20 since they scored the same, they would have done it by clicking on five names randomly and it would have still come down to pure luck, but they decided to make it a competition by using something that can rank them hence the use of portal logins and that's how they could select 5 without picking it randomly... WATS the corruption there or why is it so hard to believe that they can do that.. if there had picked them randomly Wat would have been the difference? they all scored 80 and each of them was eligible to be picked... they could have used another criteria I know, but thats the one she claimed they used..

14 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mikhail1(m): 7:46am On Jan 22, 2020
joobseekar:

At least I've heard/read about some interviewers favouring the interviewees who smile more during interview.

Should "smile" be the yardstick for rating applicants that scored same/similar points?

Exactly. It shouldn't be. But what can they do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1440) (1441) (1442) (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.