Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4829373 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Licht: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
OK. Please do a research and tell us the number of candidates from Zamfara State or Kebbi State, that registered for WAEC, NECO and JAMB in 2019.

Also tell us the cut-off mark for Zamfara & Kebbi State indigenes, for entry into the Federal government colleges. Then state the cut-off mark of any two States you choose to pick from the South-west, South-west or South-south.

Your statistics will prove how competitive the educational system in the north is.

And if you are so sure of how strong northerners are in education, please clamour for the abolishment of federal character.

KAYL3B:

I disagree with you here my brother, we shouldn't let our emotions make us say disparaging things about the educational system in the north. By the way they are all the same N,S,E,W. The educational system in the north is competitive. I schooled in the north, like wise lots of southerners , and they would admit that it standard is high 75%.

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mustaphatk: 4:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
MuhMubRaj:
Take it or leave it An average southerner is more intelligent than an average northerner and the FCC something favors the educationally backward states like Zamfara, yobe, kebbi, taraba etc. Let the FCC be scrapped and only the best should be favored irrespective of region or tribe on the long run it will make everybody sit up.
PS I am not taking anything from the Northerners as I schooled in the North and I have met some of them who Are savants in academics.

Intelligent? Really? You may need to check what that word means. On the average, literacy rate is higher in the South. But intelligence, perhaps I don't know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RoeBobo: 5:10pm On Feb 22, 2020
Licht:
I don't feel wronged nor do some people feel wronged that northerners got in. The wrong is that a northerner should not get into a place with 40% and a southerner who scored 80% denied the same place, and you openly call such a system "merit-based".

It's a fact that many northerners will not be occupying seats they are occupying today if we go by true merit.

Even your reverred and highly educated Emir Sanusi Lamido said it earlier this week that the North should not think federal character will help them in the future and they should rather be ready to compete on equal level. I opine you can't be more northern than the Emir, but he chose to speak the truth while you shy away from it with appeal to emotions of if I have superior knowledge than northerners.

I bear no grudge against northerners, because I really do pity their downtrodden. Despite the privilege they have and systems like federal character being applied to favour them, they are still the ones you find doing the crudest & dirtiest of jobs even in the south. They are the ones you find littering & begging for alms in the south.

Why not champion the application of federal character to the Super Eagles and other national teams....

. No bitterness bro, intelligence is an individual thing,it doesn't check what part of the nation u are from before it comes when u seek it. Besides,someone who is intelligent wouldn't spook those he/she perceives are less intelligent. Most people who got the APL deserved it....by knowledge or by grace....if anyone didn't, they should improve...not blame the system.....it was fair..

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by DarkShades: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2020
saxha:

Most Southerners that study in the North, are below average of a typical Southerner. It's mostly frustration of not getting admission in the South or due to rustication, that made some of them to study in the North, because of easier admission entry requirements and lower competition.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by burantashii: 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Who has 2019 or 2020 GMAT questions and answers ?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Bigdadson: 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2020
Getting 1st class is very easy in the south because of high level of corruption in their institutions. The reason why they seem to be better at spoken English is that they gave more emphasis to it than their mother's tongue, but still when it comes to veterans in that regard u can't compare with people like Tafawa Balewa, Maitama Sule, Sunusi Lamido, Amina J Mohammed and many more.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bigdadson:
Getting 1st class is very easy in the south because of high level of corruption in their institutions. The reason why they seem to be better at spoken English is that they gave more emphasis to it than their mother's tongue, but still when it comes to veterans in that regard u can't compare with people like Tafawa Balewa, Maitama Sule, Sunusi Lamido, Amina J Mohammed and many more.
I mostly agree with you..

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by 4gunners(m): 6:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
Bigdadson:
grin grin grin See the effrontery-- First Class is easy in the south. Go to OAU, UI, Uniben, UNN and make that "easy" first class

14 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Melzclement(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2020
Hey Guys, EH shouldn't give up the pressure of asking for closure and release of employment letters. The backup staff are into deep discussions with management and some of their demands maybe assented to.
I know backup staff who need this employment cos they've worked hard for the corporation for years buh it has to be on same level playing field and equal representation...
Have one voice in whatever platform we chose EH..
Let's all act and pray.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Licht:
I don't feel wronged nor do some people feel wronged that northerners got in. The wrong is that a northerner should not get into a place with 40% and a southerner who scored 80% denied the same place, and you openly call such a system "merit-based".

It's a fact that many northerners will not be occupying seats they are occupying today if we go by true merit.

Even your reverred and highly educated Emir Sanusi Lamido said it earlier this week that the North should not think federal character will help them in the future and they should rather be ready to compete on equal level. I opine you can't be more northern than the Emir, but he chose to speak the truth while you shy away from it with appeal to emotions of if I have superior knowledge than northerners.

I bear no grudge against northerners, because I really do pity their downtrodden. Despite the privilege they have and systems like federal character being applied to favour them, they are still the ones you find doing the crudest & dirtiest of jobs even in the south. They are the ones you find littering & begging for alms in the south.

Why not champion the application of federal character to the Super Eagles and other national teams....

What are you talking about? You think northern first class graduate cannot match their southern counterparts?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
EH people are so boring! *yawwwwns*

Coming around to see extra page of bo... Bo... Bo ..Bo ..Bo...Bo.. Boring arguments!

So the engine house of this thread was actually the GTs ...

I'm off jare! Dont forget to P.M me when u see any vacancy..

PS: one that pays handsomely o and won't stress ma life cheesy tankio

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by vyke2008: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2020
My people, first class is first irrespective of the location and/or course of study.

Please, no region is superior! Yes! We have more educated people in the south than the north... but that does not mean that people from the north are all dullards.

Peace!

papiforreal:

What are you talking about? You think northern first class graduate cannot match their southern counterparts?

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 7:11pm On Feb 22, 2020
Please, someone should urgently help with a statement of purpose sample, preferably MBA. Thank you.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CBNwords(m): 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
4gunners:
grin grin grin See the effrontery-- First Class is easy in the south. Go to OAU, UI, Uniben, UNN and make that "easy" first class

Please don't stop abeg, continue listing the many more ooooo let me take the roll call. This is how someone said the govt is doing great and listed...

"Erm, they are fighting corruption, he's arresting corrupt politicians, he is fighting insecurity, he's fighting boko haram, he is fighting terrorists, he is paying salaries in fact lots of things"

grin grin >: grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by boscom: 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
Let EH on this platform signify. Like if you are EH. We need to come together now

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Dmamasboy(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
A lot of southerners don’t have northern exposure. I studied with a lot of them and the first thing they say to me when I tell them I’m from the north is `I didn’t know that there are hausa people like you’. Just like the western world think of Africa as a jungle with it’s people wearing animal skin and hunting, so do the southerners think of the northerners as village people or cattle rearers living in their huts. Like I said "lack of exposure".
There was a time when the northerners weren’t interested in western education. That time is long gone. When you speak of Emir Sanusi’s speech, be rest assured it’s not directed to anybody from the north who applied for NNPC recruitment with their first class and second class uppers. It is directed at the northerners who don’t put enough effort and still expect to get something. And if you ask me, that is not just particular to the north. I don’t know the exact census but I’d think the population of the north is almost the population of south south, south east and south west combined. That means that it’s obvious we’ll have a large number of undereducated people who’d expect more than what they worked for or deserved. Emir Sanusi is from the north and his concern is for the north.
True there are some states with more number of well educated people but that doesn’t mean that the best from the state with the less well educated people won’t be more than the best from the state with the highest number of well educated people. Those Zamfara and Kebbi people you see as illiterates will shock you

13 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CircleOfWilis: 8:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dmamasboy:
A lot of southerners don’t have northern exposure. I studied with a lot of them and the first thing they say to me when I tell them I’m from the north is `I didn’t know that there are hausa people like you’. Just like the western world think of Africa as a jungle with it’s people wearing animal skin and hunting, so do the southerners think of the northerners as village people or cattle rearers living in their huts. Like I said "lack of exposure".
There was a time when the northerners weren’t interested in western education. That time is long gone. When you speak of Emir Sanusi’s speech, be rest assured it’s not directed to anybody from the north who applied for NNPC recruitment with their first class and second class uppers. It is directed at the northerners who don’t put enough effort and still expect to get something. And if you ask me, that is not just particular to the north. I don’t know the exact census but I’d think the population of the north is almost the population of south south, south east and south west combined. That means that it’s obvious we’ll have a large number of undereducated people who’d expect more than what they worked for or deserved. Emir Sanusi is from the north and his concern is for the north.
True there are some states with more number of well educated people but that doesn’t mean that the best from the state with the less well educated people won’t be more than the best from the state with the highest number of well educated people. Those Zamfara and Kebbi people you see as illiterates will shock you
GOD BLESS YOU

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2020
NigelCundy:
Please, someone should urgently help with a statement of purpose sample, preferably MBA. Thank you.

please helppppp
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
No one is saying there are no smarties in the North. It just can't be compared to the number you have the South.
It has been proven over and over again, even in the course of this recruitment.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
RoeBobo:
. No bitterness bro, intelligence is an individual thing,it doesn't check what part of the nation u are from before it comes when u seek it. Besides,someone who is intelligent wouldn't spook those he/she perceives are less intelligent. Most people who got the APL deserved it....by knowledge or by grace....if anyone didn't, they should improve...not blame the system.....it was fair..
Or by FCC. You don't seem to understand their point.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2020
papiforreal:

This is not the point sir.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by hillaboi(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
dustydee:

You may be surprised that even if you were pitched against those from the so called "North", you may still not be among the top 25 from some of those states. The fact that Federal character was used does not mean it favours the "North". It may well be that if that criteria was not used, there may be disproportionately more people from the north employed that from the south and this will lead to acrimony.
I know the general idea is that the "North" benefits more but that does not mean there are not many smart people from there.
During my set, after FSTP, there were more people from the "South" at the bottom than from the "North". And all those sacked for forgery were from the "South". So chill, lets keep striving for a better Nigeria.

Thank you so much, Dustydee for your impressive response to issues!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chrisbillakings(m): 9:44pm On Feb 22, 2020
For those who were shortlisted for the pwc 2020 test.
Here is what to expect for the verbal and Numerical questions.

Numerical Reasoning
18 questions for 30 minutes

Verbal Question
30 question for 19 minutes

Follow the link in my signature to see expected Questions/current question
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
dustydee:

You may be surprised that even if you were pitched against those from the so called "North", you may still not be among the top 25 from some of those states. The fact that Federal character was used does not mean it favours the "North". It may well be that if that criteria was not used, there may be disproportionately more people from the north employed that from the south and this will lead to acrimony.
I know the general idea is that the "North" benefits more but that does not mean there are not many smart people from there.
During my set, after FSTP, there were more people from the "South" at the bottom than from the "North". And all those sacked for forgery were from the "South". So chill, lets keep striving for a better Nigeria.
We all knew what went down when the list was taken to FCC. Your assumption about having more candidates from the North is not correct.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 9:50pm On Feb 22, 2020
Dmamasboy:

Northerners should face the reality on ground. The north is educationally backward. I schooled at the University of Benin and farthest from the north I saw students who came to study there was from Kogi state. However, I served in Bauchi. One of the biggest signboards you would see entering ATBU is that of NADETSU(national association of Delta State students union). All of our educational indices have proven that the northern region are educationally backward. I don't know the core of your argument, but this is that fact on ground. Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by favouredpikin: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2020
Please o I want to ask a question. Has this thread become a debating ground for or against the northerners. Am just asking ooo

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by anataala: 10:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Please don't mind them, it's unfortunate.
favouredpikin:
Please o I want to ask a question. Has this thread become a debating ground for or against the northerners. Am just asking ooo

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Emmanuelk1234:
Please does NNPC pay immediately after ur first working month ends or they wait till 3-6 months like a lot of MDAs do?
Gbam... Very important question.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by saxha: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Those people that are supporting the notion that Northerners are brilliant the same way if not better than their southern counterparts are missing something, and here is it.

1.You're probably basing your argument from the Southerners that study in the North. Well, like I said, MOST, NOT ALL, of these southerners struggled or will struggle among their southern counterparts when assessed on the same level.
2. There's no way you can compare Northerners with privilege like Sons and daughters of Elites to average southerners, the northerners will always win the contest.
3. I served in the North, in SS2 the top two students were girls. One a Benue girl who had her primary and junior secondary school in Ekiti, and the 2nd one a Kaduna girl, who had her previous education in Lagos, they both joined in SS1. Also in SS2 at that time, the top student is a Yoruba boy.
4. Yes some northerners can be more brillinant than some southerners who studied in the south, but most of these guys struggled to graduate, or attended schools which their standard are really lower, like ABC state/private polytechnic, XYZ state/private college of education affiliated to LMN university. I believe you get the drift.
5. Spoken English is not really a measure of brilliancy. For the fact that northern elites can speak good English is not enough. Even in the south, there are some categories of students that can speak "Queen's English" but to write good essay or solve simple arithmetic? Mba!
All in all, I believe it's more of exposure and willingness of individual that determine the level of brilliancy. Yet, at an average, the southerners are more exposed than the northerners and it's a major factor when it comes to brilliancy.

And No, Northerners are different from northerners. I mean Benue, Plateau, Kogi are not the same as Yobe, Gombe and Jigawa. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by aligs: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Whether you are from the south or from the north. Second class upper is still second class upper, third class is still third class. There is federal character in every Credit Division and students are withdrawn in all universities whether in the North or in the South. So let's move on to more important issues please

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by darado: 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
Licht:
OK. Please do a research and tell us the number of candidates from Zamfara State or Kebbi State, that registered for WAEC, NECO and JAMB in 2019.

Also tell us the cut-off mark for Zamfara & Kebbi State indigenes, for entry into the Federal government colleges. Then state the cut-off mark of any two States you choose to pick from the South-west, South-west or South-south.

Your statistics will prove how competitive the educational system in the north is.

And if you are so sure of how strong northerners are in education, please clamour for the abolishment of federal character.

Master na the APL anger u wan drop on the North grin
No b them deny u job ooooo. Abeg mylord.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by PREFED: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
You guys should take your boring FCC talks from here.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.