Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" (42227 Views)

Man Unblocks Girlfriend To Inform Her Of His Wedding And Blocks Her Again / Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend & Disappears After He Sent Her ₦2M Instead Of ₦200k / Nigerian Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend On Social Media, To Share Her Cheating Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2019
Jirair:
I guess that must be me and I understand the man's response. I wouldn't want a stranger calling me 'darling'. You yourself would've been weirded out had he called you 'darling'; you don't know him nor have any relationship with him. He was being courteous by holding the door for you and would've nodded and kept it moving had you said a simple "Thank you".

Yes, people are different.

I wouldn't be weirded out because I have a sweet tongue, but I understand if I offend, and I apologise grin
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
Guest007:

I wouldn't be weirded out because I have a sweet tongue, but I understand if I offend, and I apologise grin
Haha, you didn't offend me oo tongue. The man you offended already gave you a piece of his mind tongue. I find his response/the interaction interesting, tbh. I wouldn't have expected that from a man but it shows that men (and I'm going to say white men) aren't too fond of pet names from strangers either. It's definitely a "Nigerian thing", however. I know white people like their boundaries and personal space. I hope this has taught you to stop calling strangers pet names or are you going to continue? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by SuchAWay(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2019
That is so rude ���
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
Jirair:
Haha, you didn't offend me oo tongue. The man you offended already gave you a piece of his mind tongue. I find his response/the interaction interesting, tbh. I wouldn't have expected that from a man but it shows that men (and I'm going to say white men) aren't too fond of pet names from strangers either. It's definitely a "Nigerian thing", however. I know white people usually like their boundaries and personal space. I hope this has taught you to stop calling strangers pet names or are you going to continue? tongue

Sweetie, I don't give a F, I call everyone including my dog, pet names grin grin grin

I have to be honest after that man, and a Lady who lectured me on the word 'babe' (She said Babe is a pig) I've calmed it down, and I read the person I'm talking to. In the west it's endearing, and sweet, but you have to look out for the weirdos who act like offence is their right! lipsrsealed
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2019
Guest007:

Sweetie, I don't give a F, I call everyone including my dog, pet names grin grin grin

I have to be honest after that man, and a Lady who lectured me on the word 'babe' (She said Babe is a pig) I've calmed it down, and I read the person I'm talking to. In the west it's endearing, and sweet, but you have to look out for the weirdos who act like offence is their right! lipsrsealed
Um, calling people what they don't want to be called isn't your own right. Do you even understand what rights are? Ain't nothing endearing and sweet about calling strangers pet names. If I were a white woman, would it be endearing and sweet for me to go around calling people (including blacks) the N word? What if you had opened the door for that man and he told you, "Thank you, Nigga" because he saw no harm in it, how would you have reacted? Words aren't just words. They carry different connotations. Black friends call each other the N word because that agreement and familiarity exists between them. Heck, some black people don't like the word. People do have the right to take offense if you call them a word they've not agreed to. They've that right; you don't. What you consider harmless, someone else might take offense to, but you're the one who got told off tongue. When enough people tell you off you'll know when to stop. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
sweetrace:

Please, stop being petty. She’s obviously someone who has a great deal of self respect. She’s to be applauded and not ridiculed. If she was your wife, you’d be singing her praises for her action.

So her barber calling her dear damages her self respect?

I think I am beginning to believe in that "Fish Brain" theory!
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by sweetrace(f): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2019
prince3009:

So her barber calling her dear damages her self respect?

I think I am beginning to believe in that "Fish Brain" theory!

Add some chips to the fish and have a great meal. Because she has enough self respect, she understands that her barber was being overly familiar. This is inappropriate behavior. He should not address her by any endearments.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Jirair:

Um, calling people what they don't want to be called isn't your own right. Do you even understand what rights are? Ain't nothing endearing and sweet about calling strangers pet names. If I were a white woman, would it be endearing and sweet for me to go around calling people (including blacks) the N word? What if you had opened the door for that man and he told you, "Thank you, Nigga" because he saw no harm in it, how would you have reacted? Words aren't just words. They carry many connotations. Black friends call each other the N word because that agreement and familiarity exists between them. People do have the right to take offense if you call them a word they've not agreed to. They've that right; you don't. What you consider harmless, someone else might take offense to, but you're the one who got told off tongue. When enough people tell you off you'll know when to stop. tongue

you've gone off topic now.... comparing the N word... hmmm, okay, you win... good night person
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Frankicent(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2019
toydee:
So a compliment with dear has become a big deal..this reminds me of an experience with my Indian madam then who was always complimenting me with honey n sweetheart,I read a different meaning to it n committed a big blunder with her which I regretted..

more details
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
I didn't. I'm not going to bother explaining why I used it as an example seeing you can't give me an intelligent reply.

Guest007:

you've gone off topic now.... comparing the N word... hmmm, okay, you win... good night person
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by KingsizeD(m): 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
toydee:
So a compliment with dear has become a big deal..this reminds me of an experience with my Indian madam then who was always complimenting me with honey n sweetheart,I read a different meaning to it n committed a big blunder with her which I regretted..
What blunder sir ?
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
toydee:

Yes ooh,I made a move thinking the compliment was a green light.if not that she was mature n that I was very hardworking,my second name would've been sorry..
nothing sweet like to hold body like Joseph grin
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by toydee(m): 6:33am On Mar 14, 2019
Mruwa1:
omoh finish d story waiting u do ? We dey wait to hear the story finish..
Mruwa1:
omoh finish d story waiting u do ? We dey wait to hear the story finish..
Frankicent:

more details
KingsizeD:

What blunder sir ?
It wasn't funny mehn.I remember it all as if it was yesterday..when I joined the firm,I was welcomed by the staff n management. The woman being a manager,expressed her happiness having me with them,blah-blah-blah n ended by saying, "once again, welcome honey".I was like, huh;did I hear her well;did she just call me honey?Still puzzled,next thing I heard was,"you can now go sweetheart".heeeyyyyy!first day at work n someone likes me already,not just anybody, but a manager..no,this is too much.honey n sweetheart, me alone.all through that day at work, the words kept re-echoing in my ears n all in my head n mind was how to hit the jackpot.i too like woman then n I didn't like wasting opportunities,not this.little did I know that I was already writing my resignation letter when I've not even started the job.
I put in my best in the company just to impress madam.i even had to go overboard so she'ld keep noticing me n make things very easy,since in my warped mind,I believed she liked me already.Barely a month at work,I decided it was time because the compliment was becoming too much.when talking to the staff,she always ended by saying "i love you all",which i believed was for me n not for we all.once i made a mistake n she said "i wont punish you because i love you".i didn't go for lunch that day because i was over happy that she's finally let it out.i'm the type of guy that can approach any lady,no matter how highly placed.but this one?liver kept cutting me till the 3rd time,

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Timisamd(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2019
Guest007:

For your mind, you just made sense grin
grin ... Lol... There are chances
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Tommymoi(m): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2019
She should also go ahead and block people that walks in a manner not appealing to her, or block someone just because he's a big head. Mtcheeww
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Burgerlomo: 9:17am On Mar 14, 2019
It will definitely be a different response if to say D barber be Wizzy or OBO cool
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Frankicent(m): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2019
toydee:

It wasn't funny mehn.I remember it all as if it was yesterday..when I joined the firm,I was welcomed by the staff n management. The woman being a manager,expressed her happiness having me with them,blah-blah-blah n ended by saying, "once again, welcome honey".I was like, huh;did I hear her well;did she just call me honey?Still puzzled,next thing I heard was,"you can now go sweetheart".heeeyyyyy!first day at work n someone likes me already,not just anybody, but a manager..no,this is too much.honey n sweetheart, me alone.all through that day at work, the words kept re-echoing in my ears n all in my head n mind was how to hit the jackpot.i too like woman then n I didn't like wasting opportunities,not this.little did I know that I was already writing my resignation letter when I've not even started the job.
I put in my best in the company just to impress madam.i even had to go overboard so she'ld keep noticing me n make things very easy,since in my warped mind,I believed she liked me already.Barely a month at work,I decided it was time because the compliment was becoming too much.when talking to the staff,she always ended by saying "i love you all",which i believed was for me n not for we all.once i made a mistake n she said "i wont punish you because i love you".i didn't go for lunch that day because i was over happy that she's finally let it out.i'm the type of guy that can approach any lady,no matter how highly placed.but this one?liver kept cutting me till the 3rd time,

The story sweet cauntinue
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
MrsMango:

Your mummy hoe and b!tch grin
your mummy's slimming alkaline pussy and your dads rusty dick
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Spotlessrosy222: 1:19am On Mar 16, 2019
Seriously... I support her....I dont like it either when a guy use dear on me... Seriously who is your dear
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Mruwa1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2019
toydee:

oga finish d story d last part leading to the every
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Conqueror89: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
toydee:

shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mass Wedding Of 200 Couples In Anambra (Pictures) / Love Letter A Male Student Wrote To His Female Teacher / My Wife Is Flirting With Childhood Friend Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.