Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin (17220 Views)

Igbankes Is Not Igbo Please Stop / All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious / Re: Aniocha,Ndokwa,Ika And Oshimilli Are NOT Igbo's Stop Misinforming The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by DMerciful(m): 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
Comeback? I don't have your time! I've better things to do!
RedboneSmith:

I think you can do better than this weak comeback.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by RedboneSmith(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
DMerciful:
Comeback? I don't have your time! I've better things to do!

No, you don't have better things to do. You have made quite a number of comments in the past few hours or so for someone who has better things to do. And your profile says you're currently online. grin

Just say you cannot support the Umuleri fib you told told with authentic historical/traditional evidence instead of giving me the "busy" line. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by morpheus24: 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2019
DNA!

DNA!

DNA!

1 Like

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by natinhoo(m): 8:25am On Mar 26, 2019
Xander85:

Igbo-hating schmuck...Biafra is not yours to give! Or are you saying Igbos and other ethnicities that may want to form Biafra are your slaves, and signed away their liberties and fundamental human rights to you in perpetuity?

What’s your ethnicity by the way? Just want to know who these people are that ‘love’ Igbos so much that they can’t bear to let go!
You think writing vain gibberish gives you credibility? I honestly don't hate Igbos but their self righteousness honestly irritates me. Mention one other ethnic group Igbos like or at the very least respects. Love is reciprocal o. And that siege mentality you guys try to paint has outlived its usefulness
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by ndukaku1503(m): 10:10am On Mar 26, 2019
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]we are not forcing anybody to support biafra, all we know is that biafra will come. So mind ur tongue b/4 u land urself into trouble. Be warned..........[i]we are not forcing anybody to support biafra, all we know is that biafra will come. So mind ur tongue b/4 u land urself into trouble. Be warned..........[/i]we are not forcing anybody to support biafra, all we know is that biafra will come. So mind ur tongue b/4 u land urself into trouble. Be warned..........
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by ndukaku1503(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2019
natinhoo:
If you like, go an force Yoruba to become Igbo, nonody dey give una biafra
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by letu(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
:
pazienza:

Do you mind throwing light on the aspect of history of Afikpo you speak of ?
Afikpor history speaks of first settlers as non Igbo who were know as Egu and Nkalu whom an Igbo warlord know as Igbo Ukwa in which the Aros call him Oke Igbo with his band of Igbo warriors invaded there homeland, merged with them and unite them together and speak one language which is know as Ehiubo.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by pazienza(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2019
letu:
: Afikpor history speaks of first settlers as non Igbo who were know as Egu and Nkalu whom an Igbo warlord know as Igbo Ukwa in which the Aros call him Oke Igbo with his band of Igbo warriors invaded there homeland, merged with them and unite them together and speak one language which is know as Ehiubo.

The Egu and Nkalu were Igbo speaking.

Those they call Igbos that came to settle amongst them are no different from Igbere people calling Aro people who tried to capture and ransack their town Igbos.

Hope you know Igbere was derived from the words Igbo ere, meaning Igbos(Aro people) cannot sell. It doesn't mean Igbere people themselves were not Igbos.

That Egu and Nkalu people called the people who came to conquer them Igbos, does not mean they were non Igbos themselves.

I think in the past, the usage of the Igbo tag is limited to certain groups in Igboland.

By the way, Afikpo dialect is Ehugbo, and it's Igbo in all ramifications.

Many Igbo town/clans today was formed by union of different Igbo speaking groups who came to coinhabit together, mixed their individual dialects to produce New dialect the group speak today, it's not peculiar to Afikpo.

I think there is a problem with Igbo psych. Many Igbo people find it exotic to claim they have some non Igbo origin, I think they see this as a sign of sophistication over their fellow Igbo neighbors, every story of minute non Igbo influences or contacts are exaggerated and twisted to serve this purpose. Whereas in contrast, Igbo neighbors in southern Nigeria try as much as possible to mute Igbo imprints in their history.
Chief E. A Iduwe in his book on Agbor history noted this inferiority complex issue in Igbo towns/clan historical narratives, and called it out while condemning it.

5 Likes

Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by letu(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2019
pazienza:

The Egu and Nkalu were Igbo speaking.

Those they call Igbos that came to settle amongst them are no different from Igbere people calling Aro people who tried to capture and ransack their town Igbos.

Hope you know Igbere was derived from the words Igbo ere, meaning Igbos(Aro people) cannot sell. It doesn't mean Igbere people themselves were not Igbos.

That Egu and Nkalu people called the people who came to conquer them Igbos, does not mean they were non Igbos themselves.

I think in the past, the usage of the Igbo tag is limited to certain groups in Igboland.

By the way, Afikpo dialect is Ehugbo, and it's Igbo in all ramifications.

Many Igbo town/clans today was formed by union of different Igbo speaking groups who came to coinhabit together, mixed their individual dialects to produce New dialect the group speak today, it's not peculiar to Afikpo.

I think there is a problem with Igbo psych. Many Igbo people find it exotic to claim they have some non Igbo origin, I think they see this as a sign of sophistication over their fellow Igbo neighbors, every story of minute non Igbo influences or contacts are exaggerated and twisted to serve this purpose. Whereas in contrast, Igbo neighbors in southern Nigeria try as much as possible to mute Igbo imprints in their history.
Chief E. A Iduwe in his book on Agbor history noted this inferiority complex issue in Igbo towns/clan historical narratives, and called it out while condemning it.
Pazienza, my explanation don't really mean that I don't believe in the possibility of Egun & Nkalu being Igbo, I'm from Ngwa and there exist similar groups that are now part of the Igbo people know as Ngwa land/people, they're
(1) Ikpu and Ozaa together they are know as Asaa inwhich they are the same with Asaa people of Ukwa West and Obibo.

(2) Ohabelle community and Obohia community this community/ ancient settlement are related to Ndoki people.

(3) Ngboko Ibeme people of Ngwa land, despite the fact that they speak Ngwa language especially the Ibeme people do have their own Igboiod language.

Finally : Pazienza, this is to show that the similarity I'm talking about which I listed are originally Igboiod befor the merged together with Ngwa Ukwu people whom the Ikwerre call Ngwa bakar in which they become the Ngwa people we know today.

What I notice is , in your own write-up there is no evidence to prove that Egu, Nkalu and any other distinct group in Afikpor history are of Igbo origin.
Re: Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin by Donarozzi: 11:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
frankdoz28:
Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimilli are Igbo people and nothing can change it. Our Ancestral igbo state is known as Anioma. They forced us into delta state and that's why today if they want to call us they will refer to us as Delta-Igbos meaning the Igbos in delta state.
But today it is a pity and very shameful to see some Ika people saying they are not Igbos all because they want to answer Niger-Delta which they don't even know the meaning; some even claim to be bini of which they don't even understand come in bini language. How can you be speaking bia which is an igbo dialect and be claiming bini? are you normal? How can you be bearing an igbo name and you are claiming bini? are you sure you are okay?
If you are one of such Ika people who deny their igbo identity my dear it is high time you wake up from ignorance and tell yourself some truth. can a Yoruba man give birth to a child and give him or her an igbo name? No! Then ask yourself why our parents in Ika are always giving their children an igbo names.
I am proudly Nwa-Aba from Abavo kingdom.
Udo diri unu........

The whole of Anioma is Igboland. Some Anioma indigenes work so hard to disprove their Igboness, and such attitudes are usually a result of the social and psychological impact of the Benin kingdom as well as the African man's tendency to value a foreign phenomenon against his own indigenous phenomenon. Certainly, we know that Edo and other people migrated into Anioma and became indigenes, but their numbers are insignificant compared to the Igbo indigenes. We may portion Anioma into three Igbo cultural areas: Enuani, Ukwuani, and Ika. And to put it to statistical perspective, we may find out that Enuani is 96% Igbo, Ukwuani 97% Igbo, and Ika 80% Igbo. Specifically on Ika: the eastern part of Ika is about 90% Igbo origin while the western part of Ika is about 70% Igbo origin. That is how Ika area averages out to 80% Igbo. Tallying the numbers together, we may say that Anioma is 91% Igbo by ancestry. Generally, for the seven Igbo states, this is the estimate in terms of the ancestry of the indigenes:

Abia: 95% Igbo
Anambra: 96% Igbo
Anioma: 91% Igbo
Ebonyi: 96% Igbo
Enugu: 95% Igbo
Imo: 98% Igbo
Rivers: 94% Igbo (that is, Igbo areas of the state)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adetunji Becomes 41st Olubadan Of Ibadanland-the Punch / Awujale Of Ijebuland Is Not Dead, Says Palace, / Sultan Of Sokoto Holds Meeting With Christian Leaders In Enugu For Peace & Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.