Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

KINGS 2(battleground) - Literature (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / KINGS 2(battleground) (192601 Views)

KINGS 3(7 Days Of Chaos) / Last Gang Standing 2: Killers and Fallen Kings.(Crime). / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Ibroslank(m): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Francis position ur self ur love is about 2 .......,.,die
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
KINGS(BOOK 2)
EPISODE 52

AKPATU

Engulfed with a great force of anger, Kess hold the seething torrent of tears from tickling down his cheek as he watch the ambulance sped away with Sonia and the other two bodies..., he clutched at the gold cross hanging from the chain around his neck. It pressed white-hot against his solid palm, Each gasp tore down his throat and his mind raced even as he lost himself in his spleen...

She couldn't be gone. Not when she promised him he'd fight, dammit!, he hissed a breath through clenched teeth. But the strength left him, even as he attempted to move. His throat held back something between a sob and a shout. he had to see her. Through the blur of motion and color he took a step forward. He isn't ready to say goodbye, not now, not ever....

"Do you know she was here., in Akpatu..? Inspector Douglas queried stopping him in his tracks..

Kess sniffled trying to resist the tears from falling, breaking him down..., he release his clenched fist and bit his lower lips, only if it could fight off the tears..

"I ask a few neighbours.. "Douglas continued... "They said they've never see her face around here, could it be she's been hiding here.., i mean indoors.. "

Kess lips trembled and his shoulders heaved with emotion, unwilling to back down, his dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears and once again his hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.......

"Can't believe she's been hiding under our noses.. "Douglas snapped

The weight in Kess chest locked in his throat, The pain in the back of his mind came forward by the slightest reminder of his woes, a small token of followed up sorrows and misery....

"Are you okay man..? Douglas asked with gritted teeth..

Kess forlorn self swirl like ocean currents, deep and strong virtually releasing the cystal beads of tears from his eyes...., he spun round to finally face him...., scared his words might incite his grief into forcing out the tears, he replied with a single nod and trot towards the police car but he had something in mind.., whoever killed her is going to pay....

Max eyes widened with surprised on seeing who was standing at the hospital room door, for a moment, he just stood staring at her, her eyes were literally like the night sky. Not the void that presents itself to civilization every night, but the wondrous expanse of the universe unpolluted by street lamps and city lights.

Looking into them was as fascinating as staring into the universe. It’s not something you get tired of, when she smiled , it was the most adorable thing he has ever seen and every line, cure, and angle of her face worked seamlessly together to create something more beautiful than the sum of its parts. There is no such thing as bad or unflattering lighting for her, every time he saw her she was gorgeous and it was a warning to his heart that he was in trouble...

"Can i come in..?

When she spoke, he realise how stupid he was for staring at her like that, with an embarrassed smile, he nodded shabbily, then he realise a nod won't do... "Of course.. "

He paved the way and heaved a deep sigh when she was in..

How's he..? Rose asked removing her glasses..

Stupidly, Max pouted his lips... "I believe he'll be fine... "

"He should.., you need him.. "

He blush... "Thank you.. "

"I wasn't sure i will see you here so early.. "

He nibbed his lips.. "I don't have anywhere else to be.. "

Rose scoffs, dip her hand in her handbag and brought out a big envelope... "I got you something.. "

"A cheque..? He ask jokinly

A smile lit up the corners of her gorgeous lips...... "A cheque wouldn't fit in.. "

"Look inside.. "Rose added when he took it from her..

With a sigh, he opened the envelope and brought out a file, with a glance at her face, he opened it... "What is this..?

"It's your true DNA result.. "Rose stated..

Shocked, he return his gaze to her..

"It states negative, you're not the son of late chief Buzo.. "

Max quickly took another look to be clinched of it's originality.., when he was certain, he look back at her wondering what her game plan was.... "Why are you giving this to me..?

"I heard a detective is asking for it, truth is, he almost got it, good thing is i got it first.. "

Max sigh, still lost of her intentions...

"I guess he wanted to present it to the judge on your trail.. "

"Trail..!

"Don't pretend like you don't know the detective has been visiting the doctor.. "

"I know but...

"But you don't like yourself, neither do Pious, cos if you guys have the slightest idea of the damage this result would have caused, you wouldn't waste a second before getting hold and getting rid of it... "

"So what do you intend to do with this...?

"I just did what i intend to, am giving it to you, burn it, keep it, its your choice... "

Max took an intake, Rose look slimy and for that he didn't believe and he intend to find out what she truly wants....
"So you're just giving it to me without anything in return..?

Rose gritted.. "Why do men always think there's always something in return..?

"Because this isn't something you just give out, especially to the man partially responsible for your father's inlaw death.. "

"I found you out, yet i didn't rat you out.., you see i would have proven you're fake to my father inlaw and he would have believed, but i didn't, because... "She chew on her words

"Because what..?

"That isn't the topic here and about what i want, well i guess it's something you can do..., be careful, many dogs are out there ready to sniff you out.. "

He swallowed but he was damn sure he wasn't convinced, atleast a part of him isn't.... "So how did you get hold of this.. "

"You really want me to start going down explanation lane..?

Max shrug... "I thought you'd like to share.. "

"My sources are a secret Mr......

"Just call me Max"

"Yeah Max.. "She pouted..., she reverted her gaze to Zuru... "I pray he wakes soon, atleast to attend the queen mother's funeral tomorrow... "

Max bit his lips and step closer to her... "I pray so too, wouldn't want him to miss that, but he'll be so devastated when he hears the truth.. "

"It'll be okay.. "She coos touching his shoulder..

Max heart raced with mixed emotions... "Thank you.. "

"I should get going.. "She stated wearing back her glasses... "Got a meeting i want to catch up with.. "

"Of course, i wouldn't want to hold you.. "

She smiled and he foolishly returned the smile..
His heart pounded when she stopped at the door..

"You owe me one Max.. "She said turning round to face him.... "Do remenber that because you'll pay the debt to me when the time comes.. "

He wanted to reply but he felt a nod accompanied with a smile will do....
He breathe into his palm when she finally exited the door, banging it lightly behind her, he thought as much, such kindness doesn't come without a payback and the returns are always difficult to give....

"So what are your plans for the funeral....? Giselle asked closing the window curtains and turning to face him....

Pious pick up the hair brush and brushed the corner of his hair with it.... "All the plans has already be made.. "

"You know what i mean.. "Giselle haul out walking towards the bed, she sat and drew the duvet to her legs to shade her legs from the coolness of the air conditioner...

"Do you think he'll come..?

"You said it yourself, he'll definitely show up, he might show up, and if he does, he needs to be caught once and and for all.. "

He spun round to face her... "Honey, we are taking the best form of precaution ever.. "

"You say precaution and yet you have refused to tell me all about it, what sort of precaution have you taken..?

"Baby, i think the less you know the better.. "

"Am your fiancee Pious, i won't be kept in the dark.. "

Pious huffs, just when he was about talking, a knock came on the door...

"Your highness.. "A voice came from outside... "Inspector Kess is here to see you.. "

"Inspector... "Pious called out climbing down from the stairs... "Now to what do i owe the morning visit.., am i in trouble...?

Kess curl his lips but didn't give a reply...

"You don't look like yourself.. "Pious said sitting opposite him.. "What's going on..?

Kess dark eyes looked as if an ocean had been encased inside of small glass marbles. "she's dead" he said. Then the smooth spheres appeared to be cracked; the ocean had started to leak, little water droplets streamed down Kess's hard cheeks....

Pious felt sorry for him, but he couldn't guess who he was referring to as dead.., he stood up and move towards him..

Slow desolate tears ran from Kess unblinking eyes and dripped steadily into his palm.... "Sonia.. "He sniffled and more tears rolled down.. "She's dead.. "

"Oh God..! Pious muttered.. "Am really sorry man.. "

Kess bit his tongue trying to stop the tears from flowing, he shouldn't be crying now, there was plenty of time for that, now he needs to be strong to find out her killer.., he quickly sat up, took a deep breathe and wipe off the tears..

"Am really sorry man, i didn't know...

"You're the only one who knew where she was... "Kess said with furious eyes..

Pious quickly withdrew, stood and walk back to his chair... "Are you insuniating i have something to do with her death...?

Kess hesitated before answering... "Who else do you think knew about it..?

"Kess, there are dozens of people out there who could have known, i told you to be careful.. "

"I was careful and that's why i moved her.. "He snarled

"You did that..?

Kess balled his fingers into a fist, he shouldn't have moved her, it's his fault she's dead, he asked her to stay, he promise to protect her but he couldn't..., he's too weak to protect what he loves...

"Was she killed in the place you moved her to..?

Kess sniffled... "The bastard stabbed her throat..., whoever he is, am going to find out... "

"And how do you intend to do that...?

Kess eyes burned with rage and his heart feel heavy like it was filled with lead..... "This is why am here, i need your help, i couldn't protect her from dying, but am going to find her killer and give her justice.. "

"You mean kill her killer..?

"I don't care how you call it.... "He sigh, a sigh of irritation...., not minding the sweat gleening on his forehead he continue... "You have resources, i need them to find the bastard.. "

"Think carefully Kess, who have a grudge against you or against her.. "

"Philip...."A wave of anger swept across his face... "Am going to kill that bastard... "

"You think he's been watching you.. "

"I don't know, i need to find him, until he's dead, i won't be at peace..... "

"So this is you teaming up with me, never saw that coming... "

"Are you going to help me or not..? Kess snarled

"Relax man, my mother's funeral is tomorrow, i have big plannings to do.... "

Kess jaw hardened... "I guess coming here was a wrong idea..... "He stated softly and turn to walk away when Pious voice stopped him..

"Where do you think you're going to find Philip...?

"Whatever hell hole he's hiding.... "Kess fling back and left the house

With a smile on Ted face, he pick up the remote and turn off the news..... "We made the bitch popular.... "

"Seriously... "Xyder chimes in.. "Since when did obituary became a word for popularity .. "

"She's popular in death... "Ted replied with a chuckle....

Xyder pick up a cigarette from the pack on the table when Dillan threw a newspaper down..

"You guys didn't even bother reading the news..., The funeral is tomorrow.. "

"What funeral..? Ted asked

"Stop kidding around man.., the bastard mother's funeral.. "

"You mean Edna..? Ted asked.. "I thought it was suppose to be next week... "

"The bastard brought the date back... "Ted growled...

"But why.. "Xyder asked...

"It's obvious, he doesn't want me to know so i wouldn't ruin things.. "He chulkle.... "He has no idea we've been planing this for a long time.. "

"So we're still carrying out the plan..? Ted asked..

"Yes.., you shoot to miss, and when they are out, you shoot to kill... "

"Won't the police be there, they'll be everywhere..."Xyder said

"When has the police ever stopped us.. "Dillan chimes in... "The plan must go on, the bitch is dead, the bastard must follow, that is the only way my father, your godfather will rest in peace.... "

"We must begin preparations then.., because the big bad wolf is about to drop dead.. "

"I understand sir... "Philip said and dropped the phone...

"So it's finally time.. "Jacob said taking a sip of his scotch...

Philip open the cupboard and drop the bag of guns on the floor...

"How exactly are we going to pull this off, it's a funeral for christ sake.. "Jacob deadpan

"You heard the boss, Pious must die tomorrow at the funeral, he should be buried alongside his mother.. "

"You don't get my point, there will be people there, we have no chance of getting close to take a shot.. "

"Who said we don't..."he cooked up a smile... "How many people have you killed...?

"I didn't know that was also an achievement..., just my father for the record and it was a mistake.. "

"And that mistake my friend landed you in this mess.., I've killed more people than i can remenber, so don't frat when i say this, Pious is going six feet beneath comes sunshine tomorrow.... "

"How..?

"You're going to do something to distract the crowd..., while you do that, a bullet will find it's way to the bastard's head...... "

"What if i get caught...?

"Then don't get caught, because not getting caught is the small price you have to pay for your freedom.., so i will expect you to keep your sh*t up and don't fu*k this up for any of us or innocent villagers who came to sympathize with Pious might end up dying instead and it'll be your fault.... "

He look towards the cupboard again, smile circled his lips when he saw it, with both hands, he carried out a bazooka.... "Now i know the chief meant business when he said he wanted Pious dead... "

"What are you doing with a bazooka, why is it even here..?

"What do you think am killing Pious with..?

"Are you joking, that is a full time bomb, what happened to the innocent people you were just saying.. "

"Did i say that, you should know i was joking... "

"You can't use a bazooka, you'll blow the whole place up.. "

"That's exactly what am going to do..., the funeral ground will be filled with enough blood to accompany the queen mother to the great beyond....... "He smile... "Good riddance.. "

ZULUGUA

26HOURS TO EDNA'S FUNERAL..

IT'S ABOUT GETTING BLOODY...

WHO WILL BE LEFT ALIVE TO SHARE A TESTIMONY...?

KINGS... More updates dropping tomorrow...

5 Likes

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by kelvincoke(m): 12:16am On Sep 18, 2019
let's see who will last for the story, big ups to silver
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:28am On Sep 18, 2019
genius43:

Hope you are better now?
I am

1 Like

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2019
cheesy cheesy
Emex100:

Babe i was expecting you to mobilise people to protest the judgement

my kate has suffer o
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2019
cheesy
donPhill:
kate cannot die now sha, francis is yet to visit her sweet pot
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2019
sly12345:
It seems death love Katherine, let her kuku die so we can move on to something else, i don't like rubbish.
grin
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:30am On Sep 18, 2019
Deporps:
Silver1996
You and centino never disappoint with with update and twist of event � that's why I rate you guys � 100 �
Keep up � the good � work � man.
Thanks man
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:31am On Sep 18, 2019
wink
purity23:
And just when i thought a savior in form of the king has come to save Kat, Silver appeared and made issues go from bad to worse.
Silver i hail you.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:32am On Sep 18, 2019
kelvincoke:
let's see who will last for the story, big ups to silver
Should i give you a hint..? wink
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by kelvincoke(m): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2019
Silver1996:
Should i give you a hint..? wink
I would love to hear u bro, less I forget. how is ur health man.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by egwolopretty: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2019
Silver go ahead and kill everybody, i have headache. undecided
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by izaray(f): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2019
Silver kuku kill the whole community mbok

Well done
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by purity23(f): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
Now i understand silver, using the enemy to kill the enemy.
Philip against Dillan
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Holakizzo(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
Goose Bump
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Mavikolo2020: 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
I finally catch up, silver you are good abeg, i love this but pls pity Katherine and Pious
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Ann2012(f): 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
The battle is about to go down
Thanks for the update boss
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by donPhill(m): 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2019
in as much as philip is my namesake, i want him down! thanks for the update...
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by JerryOJerry6429: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
The enemies will end up destroying themselves
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by bigbauer(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Welcome back silver1996. Glad you're recovered enough to post updates. Good job bro.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by duruZed: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
When things get tough, the tougher ones keep moving ahead. Keep it up bros.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by showgoeson: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2019
I just hope Pious is well prepared for this.
Thanks for the update
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Elohobaby: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
Oga silver n suspense eh Thanks for d update....
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Jesubaby: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
All guns pointing at Pious. I wonder how he'll escape this.
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by kelvyncruz: 9:09am On Sep 21, 2019
Can someone pls tell me what Pious plan is
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
KINGS(BOOK 2)
EPISODE 53

Taka was sitting bleary-eyed and unshaven at his bed side munching his way slowly through a mouthful of food that the dark priestess has prepared. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, he stopped munching. His jaw went slack, the garish soup dribbled out of his mouth...., his jaw hardened, stomach reacting to the vulgar taste of the soup.., next thing, whomp, he threw the whole plate of soup on the floor....
Trying not to care by the mess he has made by the splash of the soup, he stood up from the bed and wipe his mouth clean, he sworn that was the most horrible meal he has had his whole life..

He needed to get out of there, every day and night he spent in the horrible hut was a futile tussle of conflicting thoughts.., he hardly sleep at night and it was beginning to affect his well being...
Frustrated with how his life became a mystery he can't solve, he settled back on the old rickety bed made of intertwined leaves.., he wonder how someone could have made that....
He look around, despite throwing some awful things out, the stench of the place remains, he thought cleaning the place will reduce the offensive odour in the room but he was wrong, nothing he seem to do works...

He raise his gaze to the door when he heard approaching footsteps.., irritation swept across his face when the dark priestess came in.., when she looked at him, he realise she was angry at him for the mess he made on the floor.., but that wasn't entirely his fault, the soup lacks the taste he wants.., she knew the soup was bad yet she brought it for him....

"What have you done..? The dark priestess queried resting her staff on the sandy wall stoned with palm seeds.......

Taka scoffs wondering why she was asking like she doesn't know the food was completely tacky and gross.....

"Do you want to starve yourself to death...?

"I'll rather let starvation fill me than eat that rubbish.. "Taka fling back

When she scoff, Taka realise she doesn't care if he dies or not.....

"Is that really want you want, because your wish can be granted.... "

Her confounding irony almost sent shivers down his spines but he knew better... "You don't mean that, ogini needs me alive... "

"Don't get confused here blood racca, yes our god ogini saved you from the shades of death but that doesn't mean she can't destroy you if you refused to serve your purpose of which you were saved... "

Taka swallowed as his belief choke in his throat.... "That is threatening but i don't believe it.. "

"Believe whatever you want blood racca.., you may think you know our ways but you know nothing, always remenber you're here because of the mercy of our beloved god who saw some potentials in you.., you must not fail ogini.. "

"Am tired of talking to you.. "He deadpan.... "If ogini really wants something from me, she should come down here and talk to me herself.., i can't keep talking to the messenger..., it belittles my reputation... "

Taka jaw hardened when she burst into laughter....., she must think he's joking...

"Do you understand the concept of a god, i believe where you came from you have a god you serve, do you communicate with your god eyeball to eyeball....?

Taka eyes narrowed but he didn't give a reply, he stopped believing in God the day his parents were killled, to him, there is no God.., the only god that exists is the one who makes himself a god.., his parents were christian.., strong as the term stands.., they never missed the sabbath day and always kept it holy as the holy book commanded, they trusted the God they serve will come to their rescue in the times of trial, as a young child, he was swayed into this belief and he held it to his heart, but when the trails came, the so called God they worship abandoned them.., he let a young child watch as his parents were slaughtered....

"No wonder.. "The dark priestess chimes in... "Ogini is the most powerful.., ogini be praised... "

"You really think so..? Taka softly asked..

The dark priestess pick up her staff... "There is no god greater than ogini... "

"Then why are you scared of the men that are coming....?

"Our god fears nothing, so do we blood racca, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared to fight when the enemies comes..., if your parents had fought when those men came, they wouldn't be dead.. "

Shock swept across Taka's face and he quickly stood up from the bed... "How did you know about my parents...?

"There is nothing hidden under the sun blood racca.., am the mother of all priestessess of the twelve kingdoms, a representative of ogini on earth, i see the past, the hidden things in the present and the things to come in the future... "

"And in this future, did you see the scene where i killed you..?

"You cannot kill me blood racca.. "She returned turning around to walk out of the hut... "No man can.. "

Katherine feels the muscles of her chin tremble like a small child and she look toward the sky, as if the light from the sun could soothe her. There was a static in her head once again, the side effect of the reminder that she's going to die the most horrific death ever, the fear that noone is coming to save her this time, she heard her own sounds, like a distressed child, raw from the inside. It takes something out of her she didn't know she had left to give...

Salty tears fell from her chin, brick by brick, her walls came tumbling down... and the only person she could thought of in that moment was the one who has always stood by her... Francis..
Her once confident raised gaze quickly fell as her hands were tied above her head to the two woods at her sides, that way she won't struggle when she's been whipped but absored the pain instead, the pain that will eventually lead to her death.., she let her heart yank in and out of her chest. It pulled back in like a yo yo, Over and over, In and out., She was hollow. Her life crumbled in her fingertips.., then suddenly he was there, Francis was there watching, for a moment she thought her savior has come, once again to rescue her from the hands of the evil ones.., her tears punched through, ripping through her muscles when she realise Francis was just in her imaginations, he wasn't there..., she thought she would see him atleast once before she dies but it seems her dreams of seeing him again will die with her....

When she finally raise her face, she saw the royal family all dressed to witness her dead, the ministers in their minister attires, her soon to be husband was a few inch from where her hands were tied above her head, she bit her lips when she saw that taunting smile in his face, he's happy, afterall he won, he won't be getting married to the disgraced one as he has always put her...

Her heart raced when she saw a guard with the feared Karoshai whip, it's edges well scraped and ready to deliver the worst pain ever....
A lone tear traced down her cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened.
She wept, tears streaming from her deep eyes, silent, heaving sobs tearing from her throat....

Anga drew closer to her, a huge smile formed in his face as he saw the tears, it made him happy, overly excited than he has ever been.... "Am going to enjoy this.. "He whisper in her ears.... "In your next life, you better wish you're not born a princess but a total commoner who's to be fu*ked, breed and dumped in the bins... "

Anger curled hot and unstoppable in Katherine gut, like a blazing inferno that wanted to burn her from the inside out..., her eyes burned with fire when he dared look at her face..., unable to do anything, she spat heavily on his face....

A boiling fury swelled inside of Anga as he wipe the spit off..., veins bulging out of his head, he grabbed her neck and began to strangle her.....

"Anga.. "Lord Kubali intercepted..... "The punishment was not for you to strangle her but have her whipped.. "

Anga let out a growl of annoyance and quickly let go of her leaving her coughing and fuming.......
"You'll regret that.. "He scowled and took a few steps from her... "Begin.. "

With that command, the guard with the karoshai whip drew closer to Katherine, he looked at lord Kubali who nodded motioning him to continue..., he took a slight breathe and gave her the first whip...

Katherine gasp when the karoshai whip fell on her back.., the touch left her with unimaginable pains..

The guard exhale and flogged her again, but this time he was more tender with it...

"What do you think you're doing..? Anga queried glaring at him... "Is that how to flog someone, perhaps i should show you.. "

"Am sorry prince Anga..."The guard pleaded.. "I will do the needful.. "

Slow desolate tears ran from Katherine's unblinking eyes and dripped steadily into her rumpled blood stained gown...., when the guard raise the whip to give her another taste of it, she realise it won't be like the first two.., things were just about to get terrible and she still has 198 strokes to take......

The third whip on her back made her latched out with a scream, tears burst forth like a dam from her eyes....., and then the fourth came, so did the fifth, each leaving her with immense pains...

Zaku look away, he can't watch and he can't do anything to stop it.., he knew pleading with his father was a total waste of time., she won't survive the whip..., no one has....

Sharp pain lanced through her head and colorful spots flashed in front of her eyes as the whip landed on her the sixth time, Searing fiery bursts pulsated around the wound made by the whip on her back, intensifying stroke, jarring and brutal. With each count the pain amplified, her bloody muscle quivered, her consciousness ebbed. Black mists swirled at the edges of her mind slowly drawing her into sweet oblivion.....

Her pain was an icy wind choking the breath from her lungs and making a noose around her neck. It's savage, bitter blasts cut right to her bones and gripped her brain in it's freezing claws. Her heart constricted in it's wake as if not sure if it should go on beating....

As the whip touch her back the seveth time, she feels her bone split into an untold number of fragments and her mind became inoperable. The pain took her not far away, but deep inside herself to some primitive place that wasn't sure how to cope with the kind of pain that precedes death. Her vision was now blotched and wary with violent colours that move and merge without pattern or design.....

She couldn't take it anymore, her body can't, when the eighth one landed on her, she ran into the cold hands of unconsciousness.....

Her tied hands to the woods on her sides stopped her unconcious body from falling, oblivious to her state, the guard continued whipping her....

A lone tear escaped Zaku's eyes followed by a clenching of his fist..., shock wrecked his spines when he noticed she wasn't moving....., his heart raced with tremendous speed when he thought his thoughts is becoming the reality...
"Father.. "He mutter eyes still focused on Katherines limp body.....

"Father.. "He shouted and he became the centre of attention...... "She's dead father, stop it please... "

The guard quickly stopped while another guard rushed to her side.., he drew close to her and quickly shift aback.... "She's dead.. "He announce loudly..

Heart pulsating, Zaku ran to her side and quickly untie her hands, her body fell limp in his hands.., uncontrollable tears flowing from his eyes, he lean his ears to her chest.., he sigh, a sigh of relief when he realise she was still breathing, but her breathing was faint, she might die if her body takes any more flogging.., he wanted to ask for his father's permission to take her to the royal physician but he fears his father won't pay heed to his plead....., she needed to be treat else she will die and he won't forgive himself if that happens, he have a chance to save her and that he'll do...

Damning whatever may happen with his decision, he lift her up and carried her in his shoulders...

"What do you think you're doing you fool..? Anga snarled... "She still have 188 strokes to take.. "

Zaku's pulse raced and he breathed heavily, almost as if he would burst. His muscles grew tense and he cracked his knuckles. His body temperature rose, and he could feel his blood boiling. A vein from his neck popped out and he yelled directly at Anga... "Get out of my way.. "

Irritation surged up inside Anga... "Guards take her from him and tied her hands back on the woods.., and even if she's dead, don't stop whipping her.. "

"Let Zaku pass Anga... "Lord Kubali chimes in..

Shock swept across Anga's face... "Lord Kubali, i thought...

His words choked in his throat when Zaku pushed him aside and rushed away with Katherine on his shoulder.....

"Lord Kubali... "Anesia chimes in.... "Do you realize you're going back on your word...?

Nostrils flaring, Lord Kubali clenched his fist and walked out of the arena followed by the guards...

"What just happened mother..? Lakuyada asked..

"Your brother just made the biggest mistake of his life, this girl will be his doom and the end of his reign, i will make it happen.... "

23 HOURS TO EDNA'S FUNERAL

Quite exhausted from the walk, he took a deep breathe to calm his panic....

"We are here......, we made it to the capital.. "Adesa said excited..

A wry smile lit up Vuga's face and he slowly hold her hands.... "Let's go save my sister.. "

TBC.....
Sorry for the late update...
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin
egwolopretty:
Silver go ahead and kill everybody, i have headache. undecided
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin
izaray:
Silver kuku kill the whole community mbok

Well done

1 Like

Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
smiley
purity23:
Now i understand silver, using the enemy to kill the enemy.
Philip against Dillan
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mavikolo2020:
I finally catch up, silver you are good abeg, i love this but pls pity Katherine and Pious
Welcome back man
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 12:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
kelvincoke:

I would love to hear u bro, less I forget. how is ur health man.
Am good now man.. Thanks alot
Re: KINGS 2(battleground) by Silver1996(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
duruZed:
When things get tough, the tougher ones keep moving ahead. Keep it up bros.
Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (59) (Reply)

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) / Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.