Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. (67682 Views)

Introversion Is Such A Bad Personality Trait / What's The Worst Thing You Ever Did Under The Influence Of Alcohol? / Driver And Passengers Fall In A Ditch While Trying To Pass A Bad Road. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by kernniejay(m): 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2019
logan2:
embarassed one time i and my family (my parents and six siblings ate olive oil and water for days,i stopped school for 2years, there was debts every where,packed in to my aunt's,suffered huge humiliate from everyone, including extended family members that came on board through my fathers influences ( dude was working in millions,before he hit rock,church too follow chop the money,as small as i was then, i knew they where scammers fucking gays wrecked him to rags, he still hasnt gotten over it ,has refused to come back to the city) im shedding tears right now

Sorry dear. One day, believe me, your agony will become a history and you will look back and thank God for bringing you out. Just hold on and never give up, surely there is light at the end of the tunnel.

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by trevorhorace(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]
You really have nothing more to say angry

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Twinmama(f): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:
If you ever did this then life has really dealt with you.

So let us know when and why you did it.

I think I did it for few days in my university days when i was so broke to buy new slippers.

Yes o. I do use blunt knife place on the stove, when it's hot, I'll melt the rubber to attach and gum it together, then I'll allow it to cool and voila, I have my bathroom slippers working.
Anyone tried this method?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by 3kay945(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
I think I have done it before out of fun or something and not necessarily because of hardship. cool

I thank Almighty Allah for His blessings and favours. sometimes, I ask why He loves me so much. cool grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by doggedfighter(f): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
Adakintroy:
Poverty my master my teacher.

When my sanders would break like this I will fix it, my tv, my basins, clothes.

Expand this to a wider understanding and you may see why we fail in many things. We no longer know how to fix things. Hence we no longer inventive and we no longer have connection with things. Our old tv. Served us so long, when we gave it out eventually we all felt like cry. That was for an inanimate object.

Enter wealth and his endless power if choice. If the phone breaks, trow it away and get a new one, ...if the TV blew up, trow it away and get a new one.

Human relationships are worst in this order. If the girl or guy is bad. Trow her away and get a new one. "I can't take this from any man or woman"

We need to go back to the days when we fix things.

Wealth and too much choice is killing love and connection as should be.

Apt. Thanks for this.

5 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Bobosneh: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
MJBOLT:
nothing wey i no use that year,needles,nails,pins i even used the white sticks of those big round sweets grin
that means we went to the same school. white sweet stick high school. chai baba God mo grateful lowo re o
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Dyt(f): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2019
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
I don't think it is a sign of poverty, I think it is creativity cos the time I usually fixed my slippers that way, was not because I was not given new ones, I simply used a hot knife to gum them back and they seem to last longer than the new one. I tried with using nail though, it was a popular thing then, but the knife own was always to show we could be great with 'producing' something.

As for bad times and hard times, it is the nature of reality. My friend inspired me with a sentence I remember daily 'Money go finish, and we go make another one'. It is true, but you do not necessarily have to get to that point, but if it happens, you should understand that it is just money. Learn to not lavish on expensive things, go for alternatives that lasts.

And please stay away from Religions, you are wasting your time in Religions. Go within, your God particle is within you.

Leave fake lives for the fools.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by dejonathan(f): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

[b]I have nothing more to say other than encourage anyone passing through a hard time. It will surely pass. Trials are phases and stepping stone to greatness. I'm not yet a big as I used to despite the fact I'm very comfortable now but I know I will surpass how I began. At least friends that deserted me now respect me. I was so broke that when my house expired then, I shamefully lied to my neighbors that I was parking to somewhere else. I brought a truck parked electronics sold them and paid debt, when I was leaving the compound I abandoned my furnitures, chairs in my sitting room and beds because I had no where to take them to. It was someone I met on that day with my clothes walking aimlessly along the road that took me to his place. Rat infested kpako... � (from a well furnished apartment to squat in kpako (zinc) house) I later brought my car and will sleep in the car as I don't drive it because no fuel. Sold the car afterwards. I don't know, it was really bad, no friends, no babe, no clothes, no love, churches where I donated millions abandoned me (big reason I am now an atheist) things was getting worse, I was so broke all I had was my name. Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point[/b]
God will continue to bless you and those of us wey still dey hustle,our own legit hustle too go pay one day

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by omojesu202(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
MJBOLT:
nothing wey i no use that year,needles,nails,pins i even used the white sticks of those big round sweets grin

I hope the poovaty of that year have eventually left you. damn it
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Elliot2(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

Chai! I feel like crying. I am passing through bad times now; a lot is going south and I am so exhausted.

3 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by kernniejay(m): 6:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

No no. People don't just wake up and go broke, it's a cumulative of bad decisions and excessive spending and investing without proper research because the funds was there. When I was going down daily, I knew, started going to churches and doling out what's remaining hoping that some way, somehow God won't let me go broke... Lol (if only I know better) but God shut his ears to me. Mehn...you can't understand TF I've been through. At a time trying to calm myself I slept with a girl then, got gonorrhea, the shiiiit that makes you discharge and soil your underwear. For 5 straight months or thereabout I had the f**king infection because I had no kobo for treatment something that wouldnt have passed 24hours with the right treatment....mehn it's so dark and horrible

candlewax you are not an atheist, you believe there is God, you are only to deny Him because of your bitter experience and because your prayers were not promptly answered. God always have a reason for permitting certain unpleasant experiences in our lives. If you hear another person's bitter experience you will be thankful for your own. I think you need to study the life of the man called Job in the Bible. Everything he had vanished in his lifetime, his wife asked him to deny God but he refused.
I have my own share of agony and suffering too. I lost job and everything, i also bought a car and later i was so poor i could not use the car. I have spent my days in hunger and debt. I relocated from Lagos to ogun when i could not afford my house rent. I was living in shame.
In all these, i did not give up, today i am gradually bouncing back, i now reason that what if i was driving and had accident and died, or killed someone with the car and go to jail? God has a reason for whatever that happpens to His children. Just believe in Him still and never give up. Shallom.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
koyyes:
So broke that you couldn't meet aboki with just 10 naira?

God forbid.

The thing is that people with such experiences always turn out to be very wicked whether or not they make it in life.

Let me enlighten you...first and foremost It was around 1995 and then N10 has N500 value today meaning an aboki will probably collect far less but even at that the money was not available.

Back in school I had to fend for myself. I will go to alaba international to sell Ice blocks, look for accomodation for other students and get a cut from the agency fees and I also manage an old pool board that I set up every evening around 5p.m and I had to leave school to set it up everyday.

Yet with all these I had to manage to pay for my off campus room,feed, buy hand outs and many more.

Some people are fortunate to have rich parents whilst some went through hell but contrary to your conclusion...my experience has made me a better person filled with empathy for humans.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by RealAdewole(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

Somehow, someone believed in me. Loaned me 3m and thT was the turning point

Quite interesting, it's quite sad how Nigerian church is making people lose hope on God.

I pray you will continue to soar high, and hopefully God will find you one day. In Jesus name Amen

4 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Esosa592: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2019
This is a normal thing for us here In Benin ,it's Normal

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by RealAdewole(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2019
logan2:
embarassed one time i and my family (my parents and six siblings ate olive oil and water for days,i stopped school for 2years, there was debts every where,packed in to my aunt's,suffered huge humiliate from everyone, including extended family members that came on board through my fathers influences ( dude was working in millions,before he hit rock,church too follow chop the money,as small as i was then, i knew they where scammers fucking gays wrecked him to rags, he still hasnt gotten over it ,has refused to come back to the city) im shedding tears right now

Hope the story has changed now?
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by RealAdewole(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:

If you hear my story..you go run back to GOD faster than Usien Bolt.

Better embrace GOD bro.remember Job
tell me something
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2019
asuustrike1:

Hmm! I just pinned my slippers now

Wow!
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by mamajaz(f): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2019
morningstar55:
I did that about two months ago
...and you still voted Buhari... It is well with you sir.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by jaxxy(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Lol guys pls don’t remind me grin
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Checked86:
The owner of the sleepers you posted even had money to to use that expensive stuff to hold it.

Hmmmm! Deep.
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
Elliot2:
Chai! I feel like crying. I am passing through bad times now; a lot is going south and I am so exhausted.

Find the courage to smile because it will definitely become history. I have been there, I know it's quite difficult but it seems to be a prerequisite for greatness.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by doggedfighter(f): 6:48pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

This is too much. cry Happy you are on course once again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Kendrick80(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
I really appreciate all the folks on here who shared his/her story....it has made me realize that I am not alone and other pple r goin tru the same or worse.
I guess the best way is 2 keep pushing till
U get urself outta that zone.
1 love guys.Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
Darevofpeace:
I did this during Late Gen.Sabi Abacha's regime,the poverty was very high in the whole neighborhood,salary's were being owed and you can not protest because the soldier's called "operation sweep" were in all street,Nadeco (Afenifere) men were being jalied,Sergeant Rogers(Abacha's killing machine ) was killing all opposition's down,late Kudirat,late Abraham Adesanya(thou the bullet didn't penetrate),Late Dr.Frederick Fashehun,Professor Wole Soyinka was in detention along with Late Gani Fawehinmi,Tibunu had ran away to U.K,he came back after Abacha's death,all the kids in neighborhood would visit the saw mill plants and pack a sack of "sawdust" to cook our favourite meal of "weevil " beans,you need to put more garri to make the weevils invisible while eating, the beans is half of dead weevils,the year was btw 1994-1998,Mid 80's kids can relate. University strike went for months even some 2yrs.I can't forget in a hurry.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Gandollar(f): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
candlewax:

. Talk true, na babe loan u that 3 Milla grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by muffyt05: 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
This thread is one of the best I've read on Nairaland pre and post elections. The life experience of Candlewax and many others got people talking on several life issues, which obviously connects us, as everyone has got a story to tell. Took my time to read through all the pages and never for once read anything tribal,derogatory or name calling. This just goes to show that certain issues in life can bring us together while others can set us apart.
If only we refuse to be tools in the hands of those who divided and rule us, Nigeria would be a great country for us all, where we'll all look out for each other.
While reading, I noticed the kind gesture of the Candlewax guy offering to help out another guy with a job or so, isn't that heartwarming, coming from a guy who could have sworn never to help anyone in light of all the rejections he also faced.
All I'm saying is, we are good people in this country but we allow few corrupt politicians manipulate and divide us.
It is my prayer that God will attend to all of our pressing issues, God bless us all and God bless Nigeria

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by oruma19: 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:
If you ever did this then life has really dealt with you.

So let us know when and why you did it.

I think I did it for few days in my university days when i was so broke to buy new slippers.
this na normal thing na. Ironically we still lived satisfied lives unlike now that small children want to buy Benz... Lolz
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
doggedfighter:

This is too much. cry Happy you are on course once again.

Lol. I don't blame anyone but me
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2019
Toks2008:

Wow!
Na joke oh. But I did this alot
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2019
Gandollar:
. Talk true, na babe loan u that 3 Milla grin grin grin grin

Babe? Which babe for do that for man
Re: If You Ever Did This It Means life dealt you a bad hand. by Toks2008(m): 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
muffyt05:
This thread is one of the best I've read on Nairaland pre and post elections. The life experience of Candlewax and many others got people talking on several life issues, which obviously connects us, as everyone has got a story to tell. Took my time to read through all the pages and never for once read anything tribal,derogatory or name calling. This just goes to show that certain issues in life can bring us together while others can set us apart.
If only we refuse to be tools in the hands of those who divided and rule us, Nigeria would be a great country for us all, where we'll all look out for each other.
While reading, I noticed the kind gesture of the Candlewax guy offering to help out another guy with a job or so, isn't that heartwarming, coming from a guy who could have sworn never to help anyone in light of all the rejections he also faced.
All I'm saying is, we are good people in this country but we allow few corrupt politicians manipulate and divide us.
It is my prayer that God will attend to all of our pressing issues, God bless us all and God bless Nigeria

Amen!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Massive Python Swallows A 70-Year-Old Man In Dalaba, Guinea (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Empty Vault Spotted At Ikoyi Cemetery (Pictures) / Hyena Dragged To Police Station In Kano. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.