Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (243126 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by onecornerboy(m): 8:58am On Jun 08, 2019
angry wink smiley

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by walexyf1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mehn.... Yu want cus person heart attack. I nided to scroll to d last line to kno wah happen b4 I continue reading. Bro yu ar too gud. Gbayi�
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by reccy(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
Following ......
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by amseeingthings(f): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
grin shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by honourable356(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
So the self acclaimed son of thunder is back,huh?

Back again better than before with an improved use of words and humours intact...

He sigh..

I will be back to analyzed this master piece thoroughly. I need to read it again slowly!

Excellent job Emmanuel!

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2019
honourable356:
So the self acclaimed son of thunder is back,huh?

Back again better than before with an improved use of words and humours intact...

He sigh..

I will be back to analyzed this master piece thoroughly. I need to read it again slowly!

Excellent job Emmanuel!
the boss himself, always spanking me like say I thief meat for inside pot.....

I dey feel you sir....

Mach respect I gat for u.

4 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Elviswifey1(f): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Qhat is holding d update nah
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2019
Elviswifey1:
Qhat is holding d update nah
Busy-ness.... But will soon get over with it. Update will surely arrive

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by cosmospolitan: 3:49am On Jun 11, 2019
DO YOU WANT ME TO CANE YOU? Please update jor! Nice work bro!!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by OPC90(m): 8:53am On Jun 11, 2019
Is a pity
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Elviswifey1(f): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok is only this story that brings me to nairaland these days.more grace

quote author=TheBlessedMAN post=79199463]Busy-ness.... But will soon get over with it. Update will surely arrive[/quote]
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
[quote author=Elviswifey1 post=79219852]Ok is only this story that brings me to nairaland these days.more grace

TheBlessedMAN we need an update to celebrate DEMOCRAZY DAY
Update Update Update

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by samfrancis1(m): 8:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
I weak o
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Damibiz(m): 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2019
The bless man, show us love na
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by zainkay: 3:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
e be like say I go just commot mind for this story for some months, I just dey refresh all day,, update no show, TBM no give us assurance too...
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by omoola1122(m): 6:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
This story is going to be an abandoned project
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Teco2(m): 6:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
desperately waiting for update!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
10. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T. D. A]

The human eye and the camera of a phone, there isn't much difference between the two.
Before you ask me how, let me quickly tell you the reason why I said so.

The eyes they say is the mirror to the soul while the camera also stands as the mirror of a phone's soul. Which means if there is no eyes, the body of humans will be blinded with nothing ness and likewise also, there will be no selfie or facial recognition or adaptive brightness features in a phone. So in that wise, its only logical to say that the eyes is the camera of the human body, except that it doesn't have flashlight like the one in our phones but that is not to say we don't have some people that have witchy pixels in their eyes. What I mean by witchy pixels is literally based on the ability of some humans to see very well in the dark because we've never heard of a situation where witches are carrying touch lights to their nighty meetings.
Now lets break it down bit by bit. Some people's cam-eyes is 40 pixel while some carry around with them 6pixel. Some people's camera eyes is so bright to the extent that it can see very well in the dark but will unfortunately turn blur in the light. Those are the perfect examples of witchy pixels. Hence, your ability to see objects and living things just depends on the kind of pixel you carry around. Like me now, my eyes is just 8 pixel which is why I couldn't see anything when my eyes popped open after I'd regained consciousness on the cold floor of my alien environment.

I first realized that my body was in a lying posture. Born out of sheer curiousity, I tried to sit up but the sharp pain I felt in my neck region reminded me of what happened moments ago. I released a painful yelp as I struggled to sit up again using my hand but it was then that another reality set into my brain. My hands were tied with something that felt like a rope. I tried vigorously to wriggle free of the bondage I found myself in but all attempts proved futile.
I tried and tried and tried several times over and over again until I used up the faint strength that remained inside of me.
I released a disappointed sigh as I resigned to fate. There is only little I can do in such circumstances other than start to think things through, starting from how I ended up in this kind of situation. How someone that was almost at the brink of fainting after getting a serious beating from me could still manage to outsmart me to the extent of even having enough strength to carry a pestle to bash my head with. Its really frustrating and I know you feel the same way by just hearing me tell you this.

I was silent in thought for a brief moment before another thought that's worthy of deliberation crept into my mind again.

'Why am I not in the police custody yet? ' I asked out while still lying on the ground. 'Why am I not inside the police car that will convey me back to custody? Why am I instead tied down like a goat in this place?... I remember hearing the police siren moments before Lewis striked me with that unmerciful pestle, but where did they go?'

I had little or no time to reflect further on those nagging questions before the sudden sound of an opening door and flashlight disrupted the silence and tranquility of the place.

The light was directed at my eyes, making me to close my sight in that second. I tried to sit up again but it was again to no avail.

"Don't waste your strength trying to stand up..no even try am, Its fruitless, trust me.. and mind you, if you like shout from now till night, the nearest distance of another person to this place is very plenty, so if I were you, I will stop wasting my strenght".That was the voice of no one else but Lewis. Those are the things he said to me as he stopped a few feet from my location. His words did not even derive a flinch of emotion from me because I didn't know what to feel at that moment. Whether to hate myself for being so unlucky to get caught up by him or to get angry at him for the injury he inflicted on my neck. Seriously, my neck still hurts.

The warmth of the room, (due to lack of ventilation) coupled with the garment and prison uniform underneath it have vandalized the pipe of sweat in my body. In simpler uncrude-oil terms, I was sweating profusely. My breathing was becoming heavier as Lewis' footsteps got nearer to me. I still couldn't see his face as the dim light of the torch continue to frustrate my sight. I could only hear his footsteps but his being his what I couldn't see.

"Hello, Hello, Agero, " He seemed to be making a call. "You dey hear me wella? Okay... Listen to me.... Agero, tell Accurate to abort that mission for now.... I go let you know the next thing wey you na go do for me very soon.... Okay? Okay? You hear me ba? ...nooo, the package dey with me right now... ". He cleared his throat as he stopped talking. Sounds of what he was doing is what I could only hear before he eventually switched off the light totally. I was somehow relieved for that. But even still, the light have already corrupted my eyes so it was still very difficult to see him.

"They say our shadow will bear witness against us when we get to the jugdement throne of God. ". He begin to speak in a hoarse voice. The next thing I hear is the sound of a plastic chair getting dragged on the floor to somewhere near me. "They even say our shadow will give a detailed account of everything we do in this world either good or bad.... You know why I switched of the light? Hun? ". He asked but he probably wasn't expecting me to give a reply so he continued. "You know why I shut every window?.... ". He chuckled. "Because our shadow will cease to exist when there is no light.... Darkness is the only thing that God didn't create... Who knows, maybe he himself is scared of the dark. Maybe," He dropped his tone on the last word before raising it again to say the next one. "Perhaps, that's why he made sure he created light first so that darkness will not overpower his creations.. . That's a logical reason right? Now I have switched of the lights, no more shadows, nothing can record what's about to happen here... God himself can't even see you right now incase you are planning on calling him for help." He ended. Yet again, all his words refused to yield a flinch of emotion from me. I've seen worse in my life. I've been through hell that I've become a regular visitor there. So, nothing he does can make me feel anything. I just blame myself for letting things get to this stage when I could have easily finish him earlier.

"Where am I?" I didn't know why I asked him that question but I'd asked anyway.
"Darous... you will find out soon.. Just be patient with me. I promise you will know your location soon enough..I will first like to tell you something you never know before about me.... I pride myself to be a trusted personality. "

"Indeed..." I hissed out as I returned my neck to the floor.
"Five years ago now, my life took a horrible turn. Darous, I never set out to be like this.. I never plan to hurt anyone in my life.. But something changed me. Five years.... Just five years, buddy, My life was a mess." He lamented sadly. He took a long breathe and continued in a dolored tone. "It was as if everything in my life was meant to die" He released what I percieved to be another painful sigh the moment he paused again. "Everyone I ever loved died... Starting from my mom, my younger sister whom I always confide in...it was a regrettable experience... Their deaths came too quickly. They died within seconds. I held them both in my arms as they both took the last painful breathe that announced their demise from this world..." A tensive moment of silence followed his word before he continued again. "it was an accident, A brutal accident that shouldn't have occurred if I had not been looking in another direction while driving the car... Looking at something that was strong enough to capture my heart. Something that could have finally answered my mothers prayers. She has always been pestering me to bring a girl home... But sadly, the day I found someone strong enough to capture my heart was the same day she died. I was driving the car when I spotted her beside the road. All in the most astonishing beauty I've ever seen. In that second, my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't concentrate on the driving anymore. Before I knew it, the car was already under the trailer that was going in front of us on the road. The trailer had marched its break pedals because of the pot holes but my lack of concentration didn't allow me to march the break. The most painful thing is it should have been me. I was the one driving the car not them. It was my mistake so I don't know why they had to pay for it... I don't understand why I survived that tragic accident until last year. God wants to make me pay for my sins. He wants to make sure I live the rest of my life with the memory that I killed my own mother and only sister. That's harsh. He should have take me instead of them. I shouldn't have survived that accident by just a scratch and some bruises.. I should have died so they could live... But how God do his things is sometimes beyond us.... I no get choice... "

At that junction, while lying down on the floor, I could sense his emotions, the way his voice were breaking with every word he says.

He scoffed gently again. "you know, as a neurosurgeon I've had a large share of interacting closely with the human brain... All these clinical psychology, cognitive psychology, psychoanalysis, and other therapeutical remedies, as fun and effective as they sound, they can only try their best to make one better... They can never make one to permanently forget that thing that you are truly feeling in your heart. Take it from me, I'm speaking from both professional experience and personal angle... "
He released another sigh.
"Hmm, Lewis, your story really really touches the heart string and I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Please tell me why I'm here.. That's what I want to hear... I seriously don't know why you are telling me these things... "

He scoffed. "You go dey wonder why I'm telling you abi? no worry, you go soon understand why I became friends with you for four good years until last year when things turned sour between us... "
That statement was strong enough to make me budge for a second after hearing it. How this is related to me increased my raging curiosity. But I just have to listen on.

"Do you know how it feels to carry the pain and burden of losing two people for five years? Eh? Apart from that, Shey you know how it feels to look inside the mirror everyday and the face that stares back at you is that same face responsible for the death of two precious people?.... Eh? Up till today, my daddy doesn't know the cause of the accident. He must not know I was the cause or that would be the end of me.. "
Silence dominated the room again as our breathings became more loud.
"Darous, for a whole year, I was broken.. The doctors couldn't fix me, my dad could not fix me, the best therapist in this country could not fix me.... Nothing they try.... Nothing worked at all... I was presumed as a lost cause... my life was in a mess... My dad was starting to get fed up on me... Those blank periods of my life... Those moments of plain blackness seemed to have come to stay for all eternity in my life until I saw that face again... I saw it..the same face I was looking at when I was driving my sister and mother to the airport... The same face that made me lose concentration on the steering of my car..... The same face that made me lose control of the car, the same face that got my Lexus 350 under the trailer.... "

I was just listening quietly as he continues to pour out his pain and what appears to be an abject trauma.
"I think it was my sixth month at the hospital... That face was on a visit to the hospital on that blessed morning .. She was there as an ambassador of UNICEF to offer some free medical apparatus and medicines to the hospital and handicapped patients... And that was how I saw her again... In that moment, I felt something strange within me. Something in form of a relief from all the pain and trauma I'd been passing through for almost six months... The doctors noticed my sudden change.... Up till now, they still don't know the main reason behind that... "

Again, he was silent for some minutes. I didn't know what to feel for him at that moment. Maybe to feel sorry for him ni o, or to feel otherwise. The tone of sorrow he was speaking with was too emotional to ignore.

"She is the only thing that ever worked.. Damn the drugs and medications...The way her beauty shone in her white top and blue jean still up till today continue to mesmerise me. The way she smiled, how her neckline moved when she speaks made me to instantly fall more deeply for her... Buddy, she worked for me.. She brought me back to my normal self after she had unknowingly sent me on the distructive path.. My spirit was revived by merely sighting her. I knew on that day that I have to do everything in my power to have her close to me all the time. But what can I do? I must seek her out of course to get details about her. I did all that, and that was how I came to know about you...

"Wait Lewis," I blurted out when I could no longer hold it. I raised my neck from the floor to try to see him well before I continued. "What exactly are you trying to say? That I killed your wife or what? Is it your mom? Do I even know her? Do I even know any body from your family? How then can you say I impregnated your wife? "

He chewed his teeth loudly upon hearing me say that. "When did I tell you all that? Have you not been listening to me at all?" He lashed out loud. " I'm trying to tell you how things got to this stage between us... How you messed things up! ...At least for what its worth, that's the only thing I owe you...! Get that fooooooool! " He fired with emphasis on the last words.

I took a lengthy breath after hearing that. I then returned my head back to the floor where my other bodies were lying like a goat awaiting slaughter.

His heavy breathing gradually subside and he continued to speak..

"like I said earlier, I did my findings and it was then that I know you are dating her... When I found out that you are her boyfriend, the first thing that came to my mind was to have you killed so I can have her for myself. But then, on second thought, especially after we met at the Davido concert at the 02 arena in that year, I had to accept fate. You know why?"

He asked but gave me less than two seconds to reply before he answered himself. "I couldn't bring myself to hate you talkless of killing you. You were the most handsome man I ever seen all my life, cool and funny at the same time. I still remember how you made sure the table never got bored after David had left the concert. That was when I knew I had to let her go for you. The only thing stronger than my desperation to kill you was my likeness for you... I was happy being friends with you for as long as you keep her safe and happy. Seeing her happy makes me happy too. She keeps me intact. My soul to be precise..... Whenever I'm near you and Joke, Darous, I always feel happy. You guys were the most beautiful thing to ever happen to me after I lost my mother and sister... You both made me forget the painful memory of loneliness. Remember how I would often show up at your office during work hours, and I will be telling you to let's go out with your wife? You remember right? How I begged you for days before you eventually let me be your best man on your wedding day? How you keep telling me that we just met not long ago? Hun-hun.. " Lewis chuckled again. "Darous, do you know how I felt during those days? Getting the opportunity to drive you and her to the wedding? Remember I terminated the agreement with your initial driver so I can drive you to the wedding? Ooooooohhhhhh.... Those are the moments I cherished most in my life....... ". He paused again.

13 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
CONTINUATON FO T. D. A 10

I smiled as those memories crept into my mind. I remember everything quite well.

"But bit by bit, you forkked up Darous... You made me hate you buddy.. I hate the fact that you made me hate you. I hate you for mis-using the chance I gave you...I hate that you were hurting the only person in this world that keeps my soul intact. I hate you for.... ". His voice trailed off on the last word. He seemed to be crying.. I myself couldn't bring myself to say anything at all. I only buried my head on the floor as those memories continue to flood the drainage of my brain.

"Darous why? " He asked in a faint voice. "Why did you do this to our friendship? Come on... Why! You were hurting her with your lies and you keep doing it... Did she make a mistake by giving you her heart? You messed up big time buddy.... You don't deserve her... " He declared and sighed.

"But, lemme guess, you do? ". I curt in after some seconds spent on deliberating on his words.

"I earned it.. She owed me first.. But I later earned it... "

"Owed you? Come on, don't be ridiculous.. "

"Yes... She was responsible for the deaths of my mother and sister ... She owed me that... Giving me her heart willingly would have solved all that but still, I wasn't going to force her into doing so... Which is why I decided to work for it.. By staying by her side everytime you hurt her, and also, I have helped her get rid of almost every obstacle in her path... The only way she can ever pay me is simply by becoming mine for eternity.... "

Suddenly, I busted into laughter upon hearing that. It sounds as the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

"Le... wis, You.. You... are...si... sick.... " I said in a laughing voice. My nostrils continue to inhale dust each time I pronounce a word due to their closeness to the ground "Officially, Lewis, " I continued after getting a hold of myself. "Sickness have domesticated your entire brain... You really think she will be with someone like you? Your education is a mess if you don't realize the difference between obsession and love. You are obsessed with her because no one loves you. You said it yourself, that your own father has given up on your case, so what makes you think you are in anyway worthy of her heart? She's too precious for you guy... Stop being delusional... Joke can never marry you... Not in this life not in the next one.... Wait, why am I even saying the next one? I don't think God can make the mistake of creating you twice... This one life is your only chance to be recreated again and see how you have been using it? Betraying your friends and stealing their wife... You are a bloody fool for thinking the wildest impossible things... Marrying you? Ahahahahahaha, stop provoking my ribs with your comedy jare... Marry ko... Marry ni... "

I was expecting him to get furious or very angry, but apparently, I predicted wrongly.
He only chuckled with a wicked tone. "See who is talking... Darous? You have the audacity to lecture me about morals and what's not? Weird.... Maybe you have forgotten quickly about everything you did yourself. Its like those nonsense foods they have been feeding you in prison has tampered with your memory. Let me do you the favour of reminding you. ". He dragged the chair he was sitting on closer to me and sat back in it. His oblong face was still perfectly hidden behind the darkness of the room.

"First, you slept with her mother while you were still dating her... Call that one. Two, you raped her younger and innocent sister when she threatened to tell her about your affairs with her mother. That's two. Three, you impregnated her mother, and it was that pregnancy that lead to her death. Indirectly, you killed her mother.... Her own mother.... Okay,... Then what next did you do? You came back to her life to disgrace her on your wedding day with one of your past atrocities. That's four. With evidences, you killed your ex-wife, a woman old enough to be your own mother. That's five. Six, you sent your just wedded wife to the hospital on the eve of your wedding with your lies... Should I continue? okay... Seven, you abandoned her in the hospital and ran away for how many months? .... Eh? How many months? I am asking you.... To make things worse, Your own child was injured in the cause and still that wasn't enough for you to stay by her side. Your blood was needed to revive your son but you still choose to run away. As if you haven't caused her enough pain, you still go ahead to reappear in her life. One would have thought you have changed by coming back to her but what did you do? You still inflicted another damage on her soul.... That's how many now? I think I've lost count already. So Darous, You are in no position to tell me about morals. "

Those words hit me very hard as they bring back old memories. I was emotionally weak in that instance. I regret lashing out at him before. Feeling of guilt punctured my heart and it began to bleed remoursefully.

"So, what are you going to do now? ". I managed to ask that with a relatively weak tone.
"To complete what I started. To rectify the error I made in entrusting her in your care when I should have killed you. Your face once made me abandon the urge to kill you but thank God I already off the light so I can't see your face. Nothing can stop me now... Not your face, not God, not any fucking shadow. You just have to die Darous, so we can continue to live our lives peacefully. You don't worth sharing oxygen with........ She gave her heart out wrongly and I'm going to help her get it back and your death is the only way to achieve that buddy.... "

"So that's it? You will kill me so you can have her? " I said that with a perplexed mind. I was already getting scared of his statement. I don't want to die without seeing my son.
My thoughts was immediately disrupted by the ringing of a phone. The phone was Lewis'. He raised it to his face to see the caller and thanks to the light on the screen, I was able to see his face. Expectedly, it was still covered in thick traces of blood and sweat.

Suddenly, he rose up and drop the phone on the chair. He turned around and picked something on the floor before he begin to approach me.
"Joke is calling me, I have to pick it, but at the same time I don't want her to know I'm with you." He said to me and the next thing I heard was the sound of something like a nylon being open. Next, I felt something like a tape being plastered to my lips.

"Fine... Now, let me call her back... " He said satisfactorily and walked back to where the phone was. I watched as the lights of the screen came back on and the dial tone of the phone disrupted the short trip of silence in the room.

"Hey dear... ". He said.
"Lewis, we've not seen him yet... " Joke's voice sounded from the loudspeaker of the phone. Her voice was full of worry.

"What! Really? Gosh... But have you really checked the whole house? He might be hiding somewhere you know... That boy can be silly at times. "

"If I tell you, we have searched almost every space in the house.. Even we are on our way to Amaka's house, maybe he went there when he couldn't find me in time... " Joke explained as I continue to listen with curiosity and axiousness.

"Really? You think he could really go there? "

"I don't know gan self... I just want to find him before he gets to the wrong hand... " She stressed with a strained voice.

"Okay... Let me know when you find him okay? Keep calm... He can't get lost..."

"But are you sure that guy didn't get him? " Joke asked again.

"I told you already, I chased him to the other street after our fight in the compound. There is no way he could have gotten him. Because when I came back to the house, Chris was already out of the compound... I shouted at him to come back but, thank God you know how stubborn he his...I already explained to the police so they should have some leads by now to get that bastard kidnapper.... "

"But the officers here are saying those kidnappers might me more than one. "

"Hun- ? why did they say that...? "

"Let them speak to you theirself. officer, take.. " Joke was heard saying that.

Shortly after, the voice of one man was heard from the phone speakers.

"Mr Lewis, we have reasons to believe that those kidnappers are more than one. Reason is, we found a car that belonged to no one else parked not too far from madam house. The things we found in that car gave us the hint that they may be more than one. I think their main plan was to use the man you fought with to divert you out of the house knowing that the only person remaining will be madam and the child they came for....the others would come in to pick the package.... "

"Don't you ever call my child a package again... You hear? ". Joke was saying that in the background to the officer. The officer apologised gently and Lewis spoke up.

"Hmmmm.... That's quite an hint.. Okay what do you want to do now? " Lewis asked.

"We need your help sir... "
"My help? How? I already told you all I know when we met at the house.... I don't know what else I can do in situation like this. I'm a neurosurgeon, I deal with mental cases not criminal ones.... ". He explained.

"I know sir. But if you can at least give us the full description of the man you fought with, then we can start a stop and search in the perimeter... "

"Okay... "

"Where are you so we can pick you up sir? "
"Nooo... That's not necessary.. Let me just tell you on phone. " He declined.

"Okay sir, but we still need to keep you for your safety.. You never know what those guys are planning for you? "

"Don't worry about me officer... I will be fine.. I was fine before you came so I should be without you.... You should concern yourself more with getting that child... " He argued.

"You know sir, your father will have our necks if anything happens to you sir... "

"And he will still have it if you don't find that child in the next three hours. I will send the image of my face to him and we both know he won't be nice with you.. So get that child.... "

The officer hummed some incholerent speeches briefly before he spoke again.
"Okay sir. Let's have the description... "

"White garment, like a celestial type, full beards..... ". Lewis continue to give them the full description that perfectly matches my appearance.

Evidently, judging by that conversation, my son is missing. Fear gripped my heart as that realization hit my brain. Nothing must happen to my child or else I will never forgive myself. He's the only thing I cared about most in the world. I will be damned if my actions made me lose him. I pray Lewis doesn't have a hand in his disappearance. With all the lies he just told the police, he can't be trusted.

I began to pray for the safe return of my child. I will be soo happy to see him again. Safe and sound. That boy is too precious to me.

The call ended and Lewis returned his attention to me. First thing he did was remove the tape on my lips.

I was so tempted to attack him with questions about the whereabouts of my son but somehow I managed to conceal my nervousness and anxiety behind the curtain of a mean look. I don't want to let him know my weakness.
The room was in total darkness again as as the light on the screen of his phone blacked out.

I was left to wonder how he had managed to tricked the police out of the house. Surely, his father must be a very powerful person in this country for him to be speaking to the police like that. I never met his father, he only told us once that his dad his in the force. And you know, force plenty for naija, so it was hard to know how powerful his father his.

Lewis used his tongue to produce a 'tatatatata' sound before he spoke. "All you need to know about that call is simple and let me summarize it for you in few words. Your Child is missing and they can't find him... "

He was probably expecting me to say something to that but I wasn't ready to give him the satisfaction of predicting me. So I was just silent.

"Thank you for not saying anything to that.... It just shows how useless you are as a father... Okay... That's that.. Now let me answer the question you asked before the call came in. You asked if I was going to kill you so I can have your Joke right? Well, that's a rhetorical question. But let me tell you this.... When we sent you to prison, my expectation was that, all her feelings for you would have gone with that situation.. I thought that was the perfect time for me to have her, but just then her father showed up. He was just released from prison. I don't know why she keeps having prisoners in her life... Well, I'm about to change that for better. Her father came with a lot of threats, he was threatening her up and down. Again, she was in trouble. She was always crying. She couldn't sleep or rest. She was always saying her father could come and kill her at anytime. Then and again, I thought if I could help her get rid of her father, surely she will have no reason to keep turning me down. So I set out to solve the situation. I eventually succeeded in it. Her father was no longer threatening her. She should be mine now. Unfortunately, today again, she turned me down. And she told me the reason why she can't give her heart out to another man.... Darous... ". He called out gently and like in a whisper. "Do you know what she said? Eh? She said she still loves you. "

"And that seemed like a suicide utterance to you... "

"You are almost right. But I wasn't planning to commit any suicide... Instead, I was devising a way that I can get one of my boys to prison so he can help me kill you.. You are now the only thing standing between us. With your death comes our marriage... "

I scoffed again upon hearing that.
"Wait Lewis, do you really really think Joke will marry someone like you? Even after you kill me, you think she will not find out about all the things you have been doing behind her back? Just go ahead and Kill me.. You know what, you will be caught, my spirit will make sure of that, then you will go to jail... You will also be killed... And Joke will never be yours..."

He scoffed again. "Let me pretend for one second that I didn't hear your last statement.. But I heard the former ones clearly.. . Me go to jail? Its like you haven't been listening to the news at all. Oh.... I forgot, you were in prison... News don't often go to that place... That's why you never heard of the new deputy inspector general of police in this country which happens to be no one else but my father... There's little I can't do in this country that can get me caught.... "

That sunk in deep into my brain. No wonder the officer on phone was addressing him with the 'sir' title.

"Hehe, " He chuckled again. "You surprise me o Darous. How do you think your wife was able to get the comissioner of police to her birthday party? You think she's that influential? Nooooo..... It took only one call from my dad.... Now you see how bleeped up you are? You shouldn't have let me live.. You should have killed me instead of beating me. If you have done that, you wouldn't have been in this situation... But sometimes its not all about the survival of the fittest, its about the survival of the smartest.. the smart in your name is not worth it. Darousmart? Puahhhhh..... Effectively from now, I remove the Smart in your name and add it to mine. Lewis is now Lewismart..... ." He busted into laughter as I resigned myself to fate. This is too glaring to avoid... This is certainly the dead end.

"You've won.. So get over it and just kill me. My side is hurting. End my misery and send me on the path of peace... " I didn't know where those words came out from. But I said it already.

"Oh...... Nooo.... Not yet, at least... You want to be stingy with your death.... No way.... I can't let you die without fully convinced that Joke will be mine. "

"What nonsense are you saying? Just kill me now! ". I shouted at him.

"No... Not yet... " He said calmly. Then I felt his presence just inches away from me.
"I already miscalculated twice, thinking she will give her heart to me once you are in prison but I was wrong. Then about her father too, I was wrong. This is my third attempt, I must nail it this time around buddy and only your death can do that. "

"Then what's stopping you? Are you scared my ghost will hunt you forever? Noo, don't worry yourself about that. My ghost will be more occupied with fighting God for creating me to come suffer in this world... So you have nothing to fear Lewis... Kill me now... " I pronounced out slowly and returned my neck to the floor.

"Okay.. I will kill you but before I do, you will do one help for me... "

"What help? " I asked confusedly.

"I need you to make an audio recording for me..."

"What will I be saying in it? Praise and worship? Or national anthem? "Sarcastically I said.

"None of the above... You will just help me to tell your wife in it of all the things you think will make her hate you. "

"How am I suppose to know that? Incase you've forgotten, she hates me now more than ever... "

"Noo, I doubt that... She loves you.. And as a neurologist, I think she still loves you because she still thinks you love her and she had done something wrong to you by sending you to prison... But now, I think if you tell her you never truly loved her, that you just want her for sport, I think she will find it more easier to fall out of love with you... "

"That's not gonna happen.... " I declared firmly. "You hear me? Possibility of humans landing on the sun is a lot higher than me telling her I don't love her when that's actually the only thing I ever do with my heart. That's my legacy.. And nothing will ever make me change on that.. I love her.. That's the legacy I'm leaving behind. .. Go to hell.... " He didn't flinch a bit as I said that to him. He made no sound for the first ten seconds before he spoke.

"I'm not suprised. Darous.. I wasn't expecting you to do it easily. Which is why I came prepared... ". Immediately after he said that, he switched on his flash light and pointed it to one far corner of the room. The room was empty as my eyes followed the light to the corner. Then my eyes settled on the sight that no parent will ever pray to see.

The plain sight of my child, tied the same way I was tied, also lying on the floor like me except he appeared to be in deep sleep.

"Darous meet your son... Chris, meet your father.." Lewis anmouced in a mockery tone... ".Oh poor Chris can't see his father now because he has been injected with a sedative and a drug that can kill him in the next.... ". He paused to check his time before he continued. "Next twenty minutes.. Unless I give him this antidote. " He waved a bottle of liquid across my horrified and shock ridden face to cement his words.
"And to do that, I need that audio...so Darous, what do you say about that legacy? " He asked and rose to his feet. He placed the light permanently in the direction of my child so I could constantly see him. Then he begin to approach the exit. My eyes returned to the sight of my child instantly as Lewis stopped at the door.

"Tick tock, your time starts now... I will be waiting outside. Call me when you are ready to trade your Legacy with your Child's life. "
Moments later, the door was slammed shut.

Who said the devil doesn't have a human face?

LEGACY or LIFE?. Two dreadful 'L' situations presented by LEWIS. ANOTHER 'L' in the form of Human.

T. B. C

WhatsApp @08162128141..

Fb page. @Darousmart Library.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Please guys... I need your help here o. I need to take two weeks off. Reason is, the phone you gave me money to buy don dey get battery problem. I called the company I bought it from to make complaints. They told me to return it because of the warranty included in its sale. Camon 11. I bought it on February 26th.
So once I return it, I will get it back after ten days. So I'll be returning it on Monday. Thanks for your understanding.

Tbm cares.

12 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Phlimsyjay(m): 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
Nice one man
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by LawizzyAh(m): 11:27pm On Jun 15, 2019
My Brother God Loves You Thank You Very Much
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Codalee(m): 10:43am On Jun 16, 2019
Nice one man
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 9:50am On Jun 17, 2019
Nice one tbm and thanks for putting us on the know about ur proposed absent
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Teco2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
nice update
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
Kaycee9242:
Nice one tbm and thanks for putting us on the know about ur proposed absent
I'm not returning the phone again jare. At least for now bro... The site wey I dey work this week far from home no be small. So, maybe later. Update go show sha

4 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dhesire(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2019
This is the Best of Nairaland-wood.
The plot, the twist and the turns in this piece deserves all the accolades.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by walexyf1(m): 11:30am On Jun 18, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
Please guys... I need your help here o. I need to take two weeks off. Reason is, the phone you gave me money to buy don dey get battery problem. I called the company I bought it from to make complaints. They told me to return it because of the warranty included in its sale. Camon 11. I bought it on February 26th.
So once I return it, I will get it back after ten days. So I'll be returning it on Monday. Thanks for your understanding.

Tbm cares.
Tor.... No wahala. It's well bro

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Suspect33(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Best story on nairaland
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by amseeingthings(f): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2019
nice one man... no writer like neva.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dhesire(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2019
TBM,. where art thou?
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Semako36: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
This one wetin den dey call tight corner

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.