Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (243236 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dhesire(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
TBM has done it again.
Nice work.

Welcome back from dat long break.

Lest I forget, you shall overcome whatever you are passing through.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
well done tbm
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dawno2008(m): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2019
Evold:
This Darous is so annoying, even a mere Chris is smarter than him

Don't mind him,he only think with his prick cool

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nelson2014(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
I knew he won't find Chris there when he decided to leave him there while the door is locked from the other side..

nice one boss..kudos

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by doctorexcel: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
Keenly following. More ink in your pen and plenty ororo on your head

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by efeteb: 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Good one, correct guy.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by BIGGIE121(m): 9:19am On Jul 20, 2019
Nice one tbm, keep it up
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nostradamus: 9:37am On Jul 20, 2019
Am still amazed that Darous made the first mistake of leaving his epileptic wife on the road by herself just to go call a nurse,now he made another small mistake of leaving young Chris all alone with the door locked from outside.some of his actions make me see him as not so intelligent.

Guess,lewis will have poisoned Chris mind against Darius such that even Chris will now see darous as a threat.

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by abayom02: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2019
nice one bro but dariou should have been there for that little boy like joeboy song baby. update more
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2019
Update arrive shortly in remembrance of the memory of my late father who died on the 20th of July 2012.

May his soul rest in peaceful peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:54am On Jul 21, 2019
Dedicated to the memory of my late Dad, Mr Idowu Abiodun Olufemi, who passed away on the 20th of July 2012.
May his soul rest in peace. 7years without a father... Not easy at all.

12. THE DOG ATTENDANT [T. D. A] by TBM. @facebook- Darousmart Library. @twitter- Darous_emmanuel. @ WhatsApp - +2348162128141.

>>>>SOME HOURS LATER<<<<

The noise inside the cell reduced instantly as the approaching footsteps got nearer to the iron bar that stands as the only thing protecting the warders from our wrath. The reason for the sudden quietness is basically because of the result that tends to emanate from the after effect of the approaching footsteps. It's either they are coming to pick one of us for questioning or time is up for prisoners on death roll. So you can understand the reason for the sudden silence in the cell.

"If you hear your name just come straight forward with your hands up where we can see them... " A warder pronounced as the group stopped in front of our cell.

We are more than sixteen in a cell that at a tape rule measurement, wouldn't be more than 14ft by length and 8ft by breadth. Some of us rose to our feet in nervous anticipation of what's to come.

"Darous Emmanuel... Step forward. Others should move back. If you know you are not Darous Emmanuel, step far away from the bar.. "The man that spoke earlier announced again.

My heart nearly jumped out when I heard my name.

"Is today your hearing?" A guy called Principal muttered to me as I brushed past him slowly in my fright-loaded attempt to get close to the bar.

"Not in two weeks time... " I managed to reply Principal before I got to the bar with hands in the air. It wasn't until I got to the bar before I saw that two armed police men actually came with the warder that pronounced my name earlier and that further sent my heart on that unkindly trip to anxiety lane.

"Don't forget to make sure you calm your mind under no.... " Principal was still saying when the warder interrupted.

"No matter what.... Yea yeah... That's becoming more like an old school now Mr Principal, try inventing another one.... This one is already outdated..." There were murmurs from behind me as the warder said all that. Principal is one of the big guys in the prison that we all treat with big respect. Very kind and humble to earth. He only has twenty years left on his sentence of 42years. He has a lot of business in the outside world that is being run for him by his brothers. So, he has money and he's not stingy with it. He often sneak in soft drinks for us and most of us would have committed suicide a long time ago if not for his motivational words and kind approach to new comers. However, because of the usual norm of whoever has money definitely controls the cell, we all obey whatever Principal commands.

"Step out here.. " The warder said to me after unlocking the bar.

"Is he the one? " One of the policemen asked the warder who just finished locking the bar.

The warder made sure the keys were back in his breast pocket before he replied with a sharp affirmative nod.

"Okay.. stretch out your hands for hand cuffing please... " The police man with the initials M.Audu said to me.

I obeyed instantly and the other policeman cuffed my hands together.
"Let's go.. "

"Move" The police men ordered respectively and I complied again.

"Where are you taking him? " Principal's worried voice came from inside the cell.

"He will tell you himself if he returns... " The warder replied as we keep moving.

"Our hearts and prayers dey with you o Darous... " The other inmates chorused out our usual farewell slangs. "May Shango wey be your papa return you safely to this home... "

"And no forget to buy bread come as thanksgiving offering when you dey come back o.. "

"And sardine too ooooooo... " Another person quickly added as we moved out slowly.

"And Choco milo" Another added.

"And that... " The volume trailed off as we got further away from the cell.

We got outside the prison yard and entered the long alley that leads to the administrative blocks of the OBA PRISON.

A police vehicle was already waiting for us outside. Two other policemen were standing close to the vehicle and as soon as they saw us, they made for the driver seat of the car and the other side respectively while I was being led to the back seat.
I was ordered to seat in the middle of the back seat while the police men that led me out flanked me on both sides. The vehicle roared to orgasmic life after the key, which happens to be the only d1ck it has ever known had surely fingered its ignitionaly-center of gravity.

The police men at the gate saluted their other colleagues in the car I was in as we drove into the vast premises of the Police state headquarters there in Eleweran, located inside the city of Abeokuta.

I was marched out of the vehicle after the key and the ignition have finished their inter course.

We walked for some minutes, climbed some stairs until we finally arrived at the doorsteps of an office that has this tag 'COMMISIONER OF POLICE' written boldly above its entrance.

"Bring him in... " That aunthoritative voice echoed from inside the office of which door I was standing against. The two uniformed men beside me pushed me forward to enter the office.

I stepped inside the office that was tastefully furnished to the brim. The cold breeze of the air con swept past my already apprehensive body in that moment of total trepidation.

The policemen saluted their boss and he also replied in the same accord.

The C. P, Femizie Carlos, who was the same man that graced the birthday party of my ex-wife, gave my appearance a sultry survey for some seconds before he spoke up.

"You two can sit down... " He pointed to the two chairs in front of his desk for the people behind me to seat.

They obeyed him and he then returned his attention to me.
"Your name is? " He asked me with elbows on the table between us.

"Dar... " I could barely hear my own voice due to the tension in my body so I quickly coughed my throat before I proceeded. "Darous Emmanuel.. " That came out louder.

"How old are you? "

"34.,... "

"Why are you in prison? "

"Attempted murder, attempted suicide and alleged murder... "

"What a case file you have there... " He sighed. "You know why you are here? "

I shook my head negatively.

"You are suddenly dumb? " He lashed out.
"No sir.. I'm not.. "

"When next I ask you something, and you chose to answer with a body language, then I will have no choice than to render your mouth totally invalid since you are not willing to use it... Understand? "

"Absolutely sir... " I stressed out in fear.

"Okay.... " He replied and picked up a paper from the table. He read it briefly before he spoke to me again.

"Where were you yesterday? " He asked me with a tone that expects me to lie.

I swallowed hard when he said that. Of course, I already know something like this will happen but I wasn't expecting it to be inside the office of the Commisioner of Police.

"What part of yesterday sir? "

"What part were you not in custody? "

"No part sir... I was under custody throughout yesterday sir... " I replied as calmly as I could even though my guts is telling me I might regret saying what I just said.

"So then, you will happen to know a thing or two about the incident that happened last night? "

"Happened where sir? I don't get you... "

"Don't you dare to play smart here.. You will get yourself in serious trouble if you try to deny it, we have undeniable evidences of the violent jail break that happened last night in your prison... Denying it will only get you into serious trouble... " He fired with a stern voice.

I was a bit shaken by that but somehow I calmed my mind and put on a calm look.

"Sir, I have nothing to fear sir.. I was in custody throughout yesterday and the days before. I never set my foots out of the prison since I was locked in except when I'm being taken to court... "

"You sure of that Darous? "

"Yes sir... "

"Then what happened last night? "

I returned my eyes to the floor to be able to come up with something to say.

"Some guys broke into our yard and there were sounds of gunshots every where... "

"Did you see them?"

"No sir.. " I replied with a negative nod.

"Then how do you know they are guys and not ladies? "

I nearly bite my own tongue when he asked me that but again, my brain works best in calmness. So I quickly calm my mind.

I put on a smile as something arrived in my mind.
"As far as my ssce education can take me sir, I believe the word 'GUY' to be gender neutral, so they might be men or women but at the same time they are guys sir.... " I have finished saying all that before I begin to wonder where it all came from.

"So, what time did this happened? " He said after letting out a scoff.

"With all due respect sir, there is no wall clock in our cell to answer your questions sir and the mosquitos are more friendlier than the warders... " I said sarcastically.

"Did you notice anyone missing from the prison when you woke up today? "

"Sir, again with due respect, we are more than 900 in that prison, I've stayed this healthy for long because I learned to mind my own business... "

The C. P released a complicated breath after I have finished talking.
He rested his gaze on me for some seconds before he finally spoke up.

"I remember I was present on the day you were arrested. If I recall very well, it was your own wife back then that orchestrated the plan that led to your arrest. All the evidences gathered at the time against you and everything she accused you of were later found out to be true... Hearing you talk now so brilliantly and ellusively made me realize how it must have been very difficult for your own wife to detect your lies and which later hurt her so much to the extent she had no choice than to give you an open embarrassment... Well that being said,... " He paused. He picked a photograph that shows my back appearance in a white celestial garment as I was running on the road.

My heart nearly jumped out of my mouth at the sight of that. I instantly knew it was over for me. I can't lie my way out of this now.

"That picture was taken at exactly eighteen hundred hours of yesterday at Molete area of Ibadan. Now tell me, who is that in the picture you are seeing before you? " He asked with a skeptical look as I maintained my gaze on the picture placed on the table.

It took me some seconds to find my voice and when I finally did, this is what I said.

"sir, what I see here is a prophet running to, probably his church... I would have been able to see if I can recognize him assuming the picture was taken from the.... "

"Silence! " The C. P fume out in total expression of anger. The raging breath coming out of his nostrils was strong enough to scare even the papers on the table as they begin to run towards the floor for their dear lives.
He rose to his feet and focused his furious eyes on me as I tremble from within.

"Where... Where do you think you are? You think I'm playing games with you here? " He lashed out again and waited some seconds before he continued. "Eh? Warn yourself this man." He pointed a warning finger to me. "I'm telling you seriously here, warn yourself very well, Or you will spend the rest of your life wishing you had... " He reclaimed his seat after I have bowed my head.
"haha? What sort of nonsense is this? Arrant one!"
"I'm ..... sorry.... " I stuttered out.

"You were pictured running away from arrest and you are still denying it.. Its like you have a fight with honesty... "

"I'm sorry sir... " I said again and managed to raise my head up to his facial level. He was still boiling but the only difference is the level of boiling point.

"Sorry won't solve this unless you tell me who is in that picture.. And I need you to tell me now... "

I studied the picture again. It was evidently mine but I still can't admit it. Admitting it will spell doom for me and some people you will get to know later.

"Sir, this person here is not me... We have the same height but this isn't me... "

I finished talking and looked at his face again. Oh boy, what I saw in there is nothing pleasant at all.
Have you watch that film titled THE ORIGINALS? If you have, then lucky you but of you haven't then I must tell you, you are missing out big time.
You know that angry look that NIKKLAUS, the immortal hybrid used to wear on his face whenever he's angry? Yes, that's the exact look on the face of F.M Carlos after I had finished talking.

"Its like... " The C. P was still saying when one policeman walked inside. "What is it Seyi?" He raised his gaze to the man and asked him that.

"They have arrived sir... " He announced.

A smile instantly erupted on the face of the C.P at the sound of that. He seemed very delighted to hear that.

"Perfect... " He muttered. "Just perfect... " He reiterated with a smile again. "Bring them in.... " He ordered and the policeman exited the office after a salute.

"Seems like you have exhausted your time of grace Darous.. You are about to.... " He was still saying when the sound of the opening door interrupted him. I turned around to see for myself only to be met with what will further give me reasons to question God for being this unkind to me.

Lewis, alongside Nike and Chris (my son) walked inside.

Someone should tell me this is not my END...

T. B. C

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dawno2008(m): 2:57am On Jul 21, 2019
Great work baba TBM,you never get tired of twisting your work,beautiful new turn of events grin
Me sha, I'm done with cracking ma brains,na to jeje enjoy as you dey dish the delicious story

Pls don't stay to long before,you update again,abi we go wait till another anniversary or celebration ni shocked
May the gentle soul of your old man rest in peace(Amen)

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by doctorexcel: 5:18am On Jul 21, 2019
See gobe. Make baba God dele for the remembrance of eni ere to lo. Bros no tey sama us another update. Weldone the true son of sango

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by cenaman(m): 6:09am On Jul 21, 2019
TBM am i lost in the story? because the last update u were still in lewis house, how and when were u taken back to prison?

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kaysmart4real(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
Update arrive shortly in remembrance of the memory of my late father who died on the 20th of July 2012.

May his soul rest in peaceful peace.
May his Soul Rest in peace. Be strong bro God will be with you.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kaysmart4real(m): 7:16am On Jul 21, 2019
Chai Darous your name no fit you Again oo nah Trouble your name be. I just hope u get out of this

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Damibiz(m): 10:28am On Jul 21, 2019
The BlessedOne canit die neither will he end...wax on man Damibiz gat ur back

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by fertilewomb: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nice one @Theblessedman.
More ink to you pen.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by bukola89(f): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nice one....may his soul continue to rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:
TBM am i lost in the story? because the last update u were still in lewis house, how and when were u taken back to prison?

oh i thought its only me, im still trying to reconcile d 2 updates, tbm well done

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Adesammy111(m): 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Omo this one na wrath ooo
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by jawarareloaded(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
This is fantastic piece. �
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Uthman51(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
Darous!!!!

Who u offend nah
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by honourable356(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hehehehehhe....

A hilarious but interesting story.

I took my time to read everything very carefully... You tactical continue to make the story quiet unpredictable giving the audience no chance to figure exactly the direction of the story and that us admirable.

.You greatly improved leap and bound in that aspects.

The standard of your humorous aspect of the story remains top notch. Indeed I laughed and so did a lot if readers.

He laughed again.

Your use of words have also improved geometrically. You have indeed borrowed a leaf from some top writers here...and the rate at which you learnt the rope is commendable.

However,focusing on the character of Darous himself, there are a lot of unquestionable events...A human being gets better with age...You can't continue to portray Darous as being too stupid in every encounters...the extent you kept describing his stupidity doesn't conform with reality.

He smiled....

Your make belief of the story is the secret of breaking into the leagues of exceptional writers...

He nods

11 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dhesire(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
This is suspense at its peak.
Tragicomedy of sort.

Thumbs up, TBM!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by abayom02: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2019
I will never be tired reading this novel keep it coming bro... Good work
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by BIGGIE121(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
Tbm you are stoopid and your story is stoopid as well, keep it up
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Basseyobasiota: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lol....c'mn we knw dat can never be ya end...there must be a way out.....Suspense mood activated anyway!!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Femziecarlos(m): 12:01am On Jul 23, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

We walked for some minutes, climbed some stairs until we finally arrived at the doorsteps of an office that has this tag 'COMMISIONER OF POLICE' written boldly above its entrance.

The policemen saluted their boss and he also replied in the same accord.

The C. P, Femizie Carlos, who was the same man that graced the birthday party of my ex-wife, gave my appearance a sultry survey for some seconds before he spoke up.

I wanna thank you TheBlessedMAN from the depth of my heart for including me in your story... it means so much to me.
I could remember last year I was a Ghost reader on Nairaland but I kept track of your updates, When COUNTLESS ended I had to register on Nairaland just because of you. I'm a staunch supporter of your work, and your story is taking you places....

Imagine a mere me, being a Commissioner of Police, 'Dia Fada'

I don arrive.......

Nevertheless, I wanna add something, I pray for the soul the departed may his gentle soul continue to rest in peace...Amen

6 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Elvis778(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2019
Lewis and Nike?? The two devils? Choi, Darous, you are finished...
Great piece TBM, keep it flowing......
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Dammyzee3(m): 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Darous ma kpa mi na. You too good guy . you done put me for tension mode now but e sure for me say Darous pikin no go snitch
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by lambotee(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2019
Darous!!! this can't be ur end

u are just too good

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.