Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (241190 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by rattyo3: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2019
ProfKhaycee:

Abeg u Neva clear my doubt on this oo...abeg who d bullet hit??
My best guess will be Deji, the devil.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by OPC90(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
36 what? Hmmmm... I pray is not what am thinking!!! Thanks alot for the update.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Evold: 3:44pm On Mar 28, 2019
rattyo3:

It must be chioma. That's the reason why she is in hospital

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by AfroMighty(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2019
You're too much brotherly....
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by blazebaba(m): 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
As you don bag 36 years endorsement naa undecided to dey wait make you come back be that naaa cry
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vitiligoforlife(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2019
pls pardon my curiosity and i am not here to criticize but my question is this, on what evidence does the police and the judge had to convict Darious for rape because the last time i checked police needs tangible evidence for prosecution. If the police and the judiciary should just be arresting and sentencing people due to hearsay, almost everyone will be behind the bars. BTY Darious deserves whatever he got though cheesy
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vulcanheph(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2019
I always knew this story was too good not to have a sequel.... No one messes with shango's first son and goes free.
Thanks TBM
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Bestie93(m): 1:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
Vitiligoforlife:
pls pardon my curiosity and i am not here to criticize but my question is this, on what evidence does the police and the judge had to convict Darious for rape because the last time i checked police needs tangible evidence for prosecution. If the police and the judiciary should just be arresting and sentencing people due to hearsay, almost everyone will be behind the bars. BTY Darious deserves whatever he got though cheesy

I think he was convicted of attempted murder of Chioama and possession of illegal firearm.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vitiligoforlife(m): 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Bestie93:

I think he was convicted of attempted murder of Chioama and possession of illegal firearm.
which firearm? is it the one he grabbed at the court that he wanted to use to end his life? I think theblessedman needs to clarify that side. Thanks for yur response.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
Weldone guys.....

I love the reactions I've been seeing so far.....

Next update is cooking oooo... Stay tuned.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by lekkxydinho: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ahswear, this tbm too get sense.... See this twist? Who saw this coming?

Ah... I doff my hat for you oga mi

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by LawizzyAh(m): 9:54am On Mar 31, 2019
Infact words cannot describe how i feel right now(wetin i de talk sef... if words no describe am hw i go take do am nw).... U actually make my wish come true. Gawd bless, Gawd bless Gawd bless ur handiwork.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by cyber5(m): 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
Fifty shades bleeped up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by minicky: 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
rattyo3:

nawa oo

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by nablat201(f): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2019
THEBESSEDMAN I must confess. u rock d sky is not ur limit

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Damibiz(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
Damibiz have Janded..many thing have happen,and some many thing are still going to happpen..ride bro

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Doubra12(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2019
Guy abeg update na. I don come out of ghost mode bcus of u undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by elaavie1(m): 7:17am On Apr 02, 2019
humm
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by elaavie1(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2019
you have come againoo. them go flog taya. i laugh yesterday so much i had to stop the story till this morning. you too much. ride on we they back seat.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dawno2008(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Oga TBM, wetin happen na,I don nearly finish ma kunu and pop corn oooo
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Taniaa(f): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=TheBless edMAN post=76988020]THE DOG ATTENDANT.

PROLOGUE.

The judge adjusted his golden-colored wig with his right hand in preparation to pronounce the final judgement. I slammed my eyes shot in anticipation of what’s to come. This is definitely an inevitable moment of my life. There’s nothing anyone can do to avert or stop this mafia-lic looking judge from pronouncing his final judgement.
Its been almost three hours of standing inside the box and my feet were already tired of doing their jobs.

Ironically, Instead of getting scared or afraid or apprehensive in anticipation of what’s to come, I was just as calm as the night sea.
You want to know why I was calm during such a dreadful moment of my life?

Okay, lets cool some raging curiosities.

Three months ago was the third sitting of my case. Everyone already knew that the judge was going to give me the death sentence, but all thanks to the timely intervention of my therapist, who against all odds was able to provide a concrete evidence to the court. An evidence that backs up the vehement claim of my lawyer that I was truly suffering from a grave mental illness, hence the reason behind my suicide actions. The judge however had no choice than to adjourn the case to this day after going through the evidence provided by my lawyer.

Moreover, my lawyer, evidently reveling in that development, has assured us that nothing on this earth can stop the judge from annulling the case in my favor. Maybe that assertion by my lawyer was sponsored by the recent payment my friends paid to him or it was sponsored by his professionalism or experience still remains an absolute mystery. Nevertheless, the latter seems to be the case.

So now you see why I was calm like an olosho pusea that is waiting for a four inches d*ck to enter.

I bowed down my head briefly and raised it up again to cast a cursory look around and my eyes was sharp enough to collide with my mother's teary and fear stricken face. I couldn’t help but feel pity for the poor woman. My adulthood has brought nothing but pain to her life.

She’s in her early fifties, and a thorough scrutinized look at her face will make you think she’s ten years older than Nigeria's independence age. My sister and younger brothers were sitting close to her. They were doing their combined best to make sure she doesn’t faint again like she did on the day of my arrest. Or let me say the birthday of the woman that wickedly betrayed me.

I slammed my eyes shot and swallowed the pain and agony that just crept inside my heart as the memories of that awful day revisited my mind.

The surprise, the shocking revelation I was compelled to watch on the screen, the feeling of betrayal and guilt which was immediately followed by the uncontrollable feeling of anger that made me decide to end my own life. That day was so terrible.

Those stupid police ought to have allowed me to end it right there, right inside that hall. They shouldn’t have interfered in my unilateral decision to end my life.

“They should have let me use the only bullet in that gun to end my life instead of making me waste it on that filthy a**hole.” I murmured to myself as my eyes still remained locked on my mum's, whose eyes was all the while focused on the activities of the mafia-looking judge. Her body dialect will tell you that she was extremely nervous and apprehensive at the same time.

Seeing her in that sorry state made me remember what Therapist Sarah told me on the day she came to see me in prison and I was still hell bent on committing suicide.

°°°°Flash Back To Few Months Ago. °°°°

“you keep saying you don’t want to see your mother because you can’t bear to see the pains and sufferings you’ve brought upon her and yet you want to kill your self. In your own twisted way of reasoning, you probably think that’s the most honorable thing to do, right? … but its not. Believe me Darous, its not. In actual fact, it’s the most wicked thing to do to your own mother after everything she has gone through for you. Take for example, Just see how devastating your present situation has been treating her, now imagine what would happen to her once the news of your death reaches her?” Sarah said and gave my face a deep stare.

“I know it will pain her, but she will still be alive and that’s the most important thing. It might take her a few days to embrace my death but last last, she go dey alright. She no fit kill herself na” I argued.

“oh! I see…. Now you think its only you that knows how to kill yourself? You think its only you that knows how to use death as a means to escape from impending disasters? No… no…no.. I don’t think so. I bet your mum won’t live three hours after the news of your death.”

It took me more than three minutes to process her words in my fvcked up mind. It was as if my brain's marriage to sanity was restored after hearing those words from my therapist. I couldn’t imagine myself being the cause of my own mother’s death. I couldn’t imagine being responsible for the reason why my younger ones will become a full time orphans. I know my brothers would be fine after some months of struggle without my mother, but my little sister, - who happens to be the most brilliant of us and presently doing her masters – will never be okay. Not only because of the bond between mother and daughter, but the realization of being all alone in this big and cruel world will crush her determined mind beyond repair.

I still remembered how it took her and my mother a lot of months to get over our father’s death. I just couldn’t bring myself to imagine how horrible the situation of my after death would be for both of them.
No! I can’t be responsible for that. That’s the height of wickedness. I can’t ruin a lot of lives because my own appeared to be worthless to me. Killing myself now is definitely going to be a polygamous disaster.

“But…how… how… how will I get out of this?” I bit my lips and tried my best to keep the tears from escaping down my cheeks. “How am I supposed to face the burdens of sorrow and damnation that awaits me?” I cried out at my listening therapist and shifted my teary face to the ground. I remained in that position for more than ten seconds before I felt a palm underneath my jaw. I raised up my face and my eyes quickly connected with my therapist emotional face.
Sarah smiled casually and held my thumbs which I placed on the table between us while our eyes was still locked on each other. “Look at me… look at me… “ She said when she sensed that I was trying my best to avoid her gaze.
Hesitantly, I complied and she continued.

‘When Fate whispers to the Warrior and says, ‘hey Warrior, you cannot withstand this storm,’ do you know what the Warrior told him?” She inquired from me with a soft tone.
I nodded my head negatively in reply.
“The Warrior looked straight into the terrifying eyes of Fate and whispered back saying ‘I don’t have to, cos I’m the STORM.’…”she chuckled and tickled my palm which was still inside hers. “now, Darous, you are the warrior. And going by everything you’ve ever been through in the hands of Fate and Karma…. ”

“Hmmm, those devil’s senators.” I chipped in.

“you are absolutely right. They are indeed the devil’s senators. With everything you have been through in their hands? And you are still alive? I believe you are stronger more than you think. Apart from that, If you die now, then it means they have won. Everyone that has ever conspirator-ly contributed to your present situation have won. Not only against you, but against all those that would be affected by your demise.” She paused and continued. “ you can’t die now cos I believe you have a task at hand. A task to make the world see the truth. A task to make the world see that you are not entirely at fault in this issue.” She ended and sighed deeply as she sniffed in at the same time.

“But this world has not been fair to me in anyway. What makes you think I owe it anything? … even self, how do I stand up against it now?” Tiredly and confusedly, I cried out again.

“First you should know this. Every end marks a new beginning. Keep your spirit and determination unshaken and you will surely walk the glory path. This world has a lot of agents working for it. Where it has Karma it has Courage. Where it has Fate, it has Faith. Where it has Destruction it has Determination. Where it has Sorrow, it has Smiles. You just need to figure out which of these agent you want in your life.”

“wait, you make it sound as if I have a choice to choose whichever I want among these agents. Or you think I would choose this path if I have any chance to choose at all?” I lamented with an exasperated tone.
She processed my lamentations briefly before deciding to talk.

“Listen, I am not trying to blame you. But what do you think would have happened assuming you didn’t agree to the sugar mummy business that your friend introduced you into?”
She asked but I was unable to reply her as I was deeply in thought.
“as far as I’m concerned, that decision still remains the genesis of your problems. Or what do you think?”.

“I.. I think you are right..” I stammered.

“that’s what I’m saying. Now you see that you had a chance to choose. But that’s gone now.. We should be looking for solutions. Okay… now, where are we?”

“Madam, time is up… I want to return the prisoner.” We were interrupted by the voice of the warder.
Sarah shifted her attention away from me and gave the warder an angry look.

“Mr Godwin, I thought I have corrected you several times that until proven guilty, and sentenced, he’s not to be called a prisoner…” Therapist Sarah flared at him as he got closer to our position.

“So you wan tell me say here na hin papa house? Abi na hin mama build this prison?”

“noooo…”

“Madam, leave that sh*t abeg.” The warder fired again. “Anybody wey dey stay inside prison na prisoner.” He argued.

“which also translate to you too… you can also be called a prisoner right? Since you spent more times here than outside these walls.”

“me ke? Me no be prisoner na, me dey work for here. I dey collect salary. Na salary carry me reach here, if no be salary I no go dey here. But this man na criminal…. “ He pointed at my face.
I was expecting Sarah to argue further but for some reasons she just picked her bag and brought out her purse. She opened it and brought out a wade of 500naira notes. She counted twenty and placed it on the table. She returned the purse to her bag and looked up to Mr Godwin’s face.

“That money is all yours if you agree to let me spend ten more minutes with him…”
Mr Godwin's eyes shone widely as those words formed meanings in his ears.

“You… you mean am? “ He stuttered after glancing around to see if someone else was watching or listening to us.
“100percent…” Sarah replied with an assuring tone.
Keenly, I watched as Mr Godwin hurriedly packed the money and started filling his pockets.
Sarah had a funny look on her face all the while and I couldn’t help but wonder the reasons she had for spending such amount of money to have just ten more minutes with me.

“Thank you ooo…. You are free to sleep here ganself if you like..” Mr Godwin stated as he was about to leave. “You can rent my mat if you wan sleep here.”

“But I thought you told my friends yesterday that your bosses will flog you if they know that you allowed a visitor to overstayed the allotted five minutes.” I voiced out surprisingly and the man turned around with a funny smirk dancing zanku on his oblong face.

“Flog? For ten thousand naira? Make dem flog me… dem go flog flog flog the cane go tire. For ten thaaaasan? Make dem flog me. I no send.” He ended and went out through the exit.
A moment of silence followed before I spoke.

“What’s that for?” I asked Sarah in a confused tone.

She smiled again at me. “That’s to show you that you don’t have to be inside a place like this before you can be termed as a prisoner. That man is a prisoner to money. People like him will do anything for the sake of money.

“hmmmm…”

“so, as I was saying before the interruption, you have to stop seeing the world the way it is. You should start seeing it the way you are. You have to show the world that you are tougher than it. Show the world that nothing it does can stop you from achieving your aims and trust me, you will have the last laugh. Because the world steps aside for a man who knows where he’s going.”

“And you think I can do this alone?”

“noo, I don’t expect you to. Surely you will need these people to aid you in everything… and they are already living within you. All you need to do is to embrace their help. With Courage, determination, and effort, you shall get their. Darous, I implore you as I would implore any one I love to persevere, endure more and this fight will be won.”
She ended conclusively and the next few minutes were spent in total silence as I was left to deliberate intensively on her words.

At the end of that day, I was able to have a new perspective of this world. Instead of dying, I wanted to live. Instead of running away from my trials, I was now determined to face them squarely. More importantly, I now have a task at hand. A task so simple and straight. A task to make my consipirators pay for everything they have done, regardless of how much they ever meant to me.

°°°BACK TO PRESENT°°°

“After the hearings from both the Defense counsel and the accused counsel…. “ The judge's voice echoed across the whole court hall as he prepared to continue with his verdict and my attention was immediately returned to him.
The whole diameter of the hall was now covered in absolute silence.
My heart was pounding heavily against my chest. I was so apprehensive all of a sudden. Maybe it was because I realize I no longer want to die without fufiling the new task at hand.

“For the charge of the murder of one Mrs Adedoyin… “ The judge continued. “Which was leveled against you Mr Darous Emmanuel, on the base of a pictured photograph brought before this court by I.P.O Johnson Aribisala, this court hereby declared that charge as dead on arrival, on the count of the I.P.O's inability to provide the two witnesses namely Adejoke Charles and Adenike Charles to tell this court how they came by the picture and to further verify its authenticity.”

“Olorun osheee oooo” Literally meaning “Thank God” suddenly erupted from among the audience. I recognize that voice immediately. It belongs to my mother.

“ORDER!!!!!” The court clerk suddenly roared in an attempt to quell the rising murmurs.
“On the charges of illegal possession of arms,” The judge continued after the noise had died down.
I held my chest with both arm in a perplexed anticipation of the next verdict.

“Attempted murder of one Miss Chioma Ariaku who is presently in coma inside a government owned hospital, and lastly for the charge of attempted suicide, this court, under section three hundred and twenty five thousand of the Law of the federal republic of Nigeria as amended in the 1999 constitution, this court hereby sentenced you, to 36years imprisonment with hard labor. ARISE!”.
Immediately at the end of those final words of the judge, an anguish scream escaped from somewhere among the audience. I turned around slowly to see what was going on, horribly staring directly at my face was my mother's widely opened eyes from the floor.
My siblings rushed to her immediately they recovered from the shock. But before I could have another look at her, I felt something cold but familiar on my wrist. It was an handcuff. Gently I was led out of the hall into a waiting green van by two policemen by my sides.

As I was about to climb the stairs, I heard a whisper in my right ear saying, “I told you… you can’t get away with murdering my wife.”
Quickly I turned around to see the owner of those words and slowly, a new revelation crept into my mind as my sight behold his presence.

HOW DID WE GOT HERE?

T. B. C.

xoxocandy
Follow me on Instagram @darousmart. On Facebook @ Darousmart Library. On WhatsApp, +2348162128141.

[/quote

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by jawarareloaded(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
Finally we start the [b]Great[/b[color=#990000][/color]] Journey
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nelson2014(m): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
[quote author=Taniaa post=77213240][/quote]nawao... d u really av to quote everything...
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vitiligoforlife(m): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2019
[quote author=Taniaa post=77213240][/quote]why did yu have to quote everything? why
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by AJECKING(m): 12:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
i hail you...TBM!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Asek1(m): 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
Patiently waiting for the next update
Kindly mention me when the bomb drops
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by onecornerboy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 04, 2019
op biko the suspense is too much na pls try and update .thanks
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Francischuxx(m): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Taniaa
Bby u try.
Welldone.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Ann2012(f): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2019
Well done OP
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by LawizzyAh(m): 8:43am On Apr 05, 2019
TBM U R D BOMB. Hmm kindly waiting for the detonation... Which kine english i talk sef!!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vitiligoforlife(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
At the rate this story is going, it will finish by May 31st 2023 with buhari 2nd term

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kayusdguy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 05, 2019
Vitiligoforlife:
At the rate this story is going, it will finish by May 31st 2023 with buhari 2nd term
LOL

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.