Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (242914 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Meedon: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Following kakaraka

BLESSEDMAN

Ma pawa na
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Iphupa: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
TBM ....THE BEST WRITER ON NAIRALAND,BLESS YOUR BOY WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
honourable356:
Hehehehehhe....

A hilarious but interesting story.

I took my time to read everything very carefully... You tactical continue to make the story quiet unpredictable giving the audience no chance to figure exactly the direction of the story and that us admirable.

.You greatly improved leap and bound in that aspects.

The standard of your humorous aspect of the story remains top notch. Indeed I laughed and so did a lot if readers.

He laughed again.

Your use of words have also improved geometrically. You have indeed borrowed a leaf from some top writers here...and the rate at which you learnt the rope is commendable.

However,focusing on the character of Darous himself, there are a lot of unquestionable events...A human being gets better with age...You can't continue to portray Darous as being too stupid in every encounters...the extent you kept describing his stupidity doesn't conform with reality.

He smiled....

Your make belief of the story is the secret of breaking into the leagues of exceptional writers...

He nods

BOSS of bosses...make I no lie, na your matter we discuss most during the last meeting of the All Shango Descendants Association of Nigeria.

No worry, your boy still dey learn the scope to this whole writing things. But be rest assured, I won't rest until NairaMarley is out of prison...wait, what am I saying gan self... No mind me boss...na your comment dey give me over excitement...

Thanks in a million sir.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Iphupa:
TBM ....THE BEST WRITER ON NAIRALAND,BLESS YOUR BOY WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER
its right below my signature sir. But incase ,this is it, 08162128141. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
dhesire:
TBM has done it again.
Nice work.

Welcome back from dat long break.

Lest I forget, you shall overcome whatever you are passing through.

amen and thanks boss.... I app it

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by NzeSteve(m): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Welcome back TBM more wisdom as we move ahead
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by OPC90(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Die for wetin? Sango no go accept your soul... So for forget about dying so that this world will Bleep you real hard... Your story is so awesome Keep it up

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Goldensword: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2019
ghost mode deactivated, onbehave of my main account that was banned till thy kindom come. my first ever comment since, from countless to this very bomb, dog attendant,Boss you're the best. How come the picture considering the fact that darous was never at any point, walked on the street but drove in a car to joke house, somebody should explain where i'm missing out.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
Goldensword:
ghost mode deactivated, onbehave of my main account that was banned till thy kindom come. my first ever comment since, from countless to this very bomb, dog attendant,Boss you're the best. How come the picture considering the fact that darous was never at any point, walked on the street but drove in a car to joke house, somebody should explain where i'm missing out.
next update will certainly do justice to that boss...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2019
Bossy512, I see you viewing...longest time o....just want to let you know that I'm extremely happy to see you back with us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by darniejay(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lemme too finally deactivate ghost mode. I don dey follow since, nice one TBM, more ink to ur pen and more lightning to your thunders
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2019
darniejay:
Lemme too finally deactivate ghost mode. I don dey follow since, nice one TBM, more ink to ur pen and more lightning to your thunders
the appreciation is well and highly appreciated sir. Thanks for deciding to be a living soul in the e-world.

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Goldensword: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
next update will certainly do justice to that boss...
ok boss, i'm patiently waiting for the bomb to drop, your writing here have greatly influenced my life in a positive way, i pray i get to meet you one on one someday, you're just exceptional.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by arfezces: 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
God bless you bro... Thanks for this pieces... Your ink will not dry... God Almighty will continue to bless your way... Ghost mode deactivated...
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2019
arfezces:
God bless you bro... Thanks for this pieces... Your ink will not dry... God Almighty will continue to bless your way... Ghost mode deactivated...
A lot of ghostmoders are repenting these day, am I missing something? At least , three people within the span of one day...I love this o. Na morale booster be this

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by paqman: 4:36am On Jul 28, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
A lot of ghostmoders are repenting these day, am I missing something? At least , three people within the span of one day...I love this o. Na morale booster be this
that is what good work is all about, your story as keep me glued to nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by tiffanyfan(f): 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

Another ghost moder has deactivated, so do the needful. More ink to ur pen and more money to your pocket
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by hatchetman(m): 4:32am On Jul 29, 2019
GLOCOTEL send dis guy-TBM go excursion...
dat means more wisdom wen him go return...d jonzing don weak me finish..
ehen! b4 i 4get.. TBM u 2much.. ororo 2much 4 ur head..d kind entertainment wey u dey gve us 4 free..na so blessings and mercies and favours and good health(i gas add am make e no b lyk say na gels i dey wish u) more SHANGOISTIC BIC ink 2 every pen in ya life...
HATCHETMAN WISH U WELL
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by hatchetman(m): 4:34am On Jul 29, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

Ur tori na miracle session walahi...no b small anointing is in dis place
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
13. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T. D. A] by TBM.

The atmosphere of the room suddenly received a fragrant-filled one all thanks to the sudden presence of Lewis, Nike and Chris (who remains the only one yet to notice my presence because of the ice cream and snacks he was battling with.)

"No try any funny thing if you want to have your brains intact...." The policeman standing behind me murmured to my ear after probably seeing my reaction towards the emergence of the three people in the air-conditioned office.

I released a scoff and started doing everything possible in my power to get myself prepared for whatever mission these two diabolical agents of the devil might be scheming for me.

It took me more than thirty seconds to get over the shock of seeing Nike in that office. Going by what Chris told me the previous day, she suppose to be in the US. Only God knows what is going on.

Lewis was clad in a blue Jacket and black pant trouser. A white bandage was strapped across his head region and shoulder, obviously to create awareness in reference to the heavy beating I gave him the previous day. He exchange a stone-type pleasantry with the man in authority before deciding to seat on the second sofa from my position .

Nike on the other hand, had on her body a blue tank top and a trouser that featured pink and red stripes as its colors. The short black-coily hair on her head adorned her head so gracefully that I had no choice than to mentally give her creator a thumbs up for a job done beyond fault.

Even with her unexpected appearance, my eyes still got enough time to process her exquisite face, large bosom and pleasing curves. The tightness of her cloth made everything about her more konji-provoking and also mentally torturing. Her massive breeast is already Diego-costaying my madrid eyes by the fraction of cleavage that was on display due to the inability of her top and bra to conceal the asset beneath. In simpler unfootballic terms, her alluring cleavage is affecting most of the male eyes in the office, even the C.P can be seen trying to keep his eyes in check.

Her beauty still remained at the top of the beauty table in their family and with the way things are going, I don't think she's ready to give up that position just yet. Right from when I first set my eyes on her, she have maintained a faultless beauty at the top of the family's beauty table. The breasst difference is however the only thing separating her from Joke - who is in the second position on that beauty table. Without mincing words, Nike is truly a beauty goddess. The older she gets, the more the beauty. Somehow, I feel delighted when I remembered my sex experience with her sometimes back.

(Sighs.........)

Well, I need to stop talking about her beauty for now because my d1ck is starting to behave quite funny by merely thinking about her.

So let's continue guys. Where are we? Someone should remind me.......Okay, thank you Damibiz, for that remindation....

I was telling you about their appearances abi? Okay. That's that on their appearance. Let's continue with the story.

(Sighs again........)

I can't continue to tell you how uncomfortable and perplexed I was to see them both in the office of the C.P because I know undoubtedly, they have both came with some clandestine motives to add more woes to my troubles.

Nike's eyes and I met momentarily before she sat down on the chair and I could see how much hatred she has for me in her eyes. Her eyes was filled with nothing but contempt for me as I was seeing it.

"You are welcome lady and gentleman..." The C.P said with a smile towards the two of them. "Oh cute boy, take five...." He extended his hands below the height of the table to meet my son's hand. "How are you?"

"I'm fine...." Chris answered. I couldn't see him quite well from my position, seeing as Nike was standing in my way of viewing him.

Still holding the boy's hand from the other end, the C.P continued. "I'm fine too ...What's your name?"

"Chris" The boy answered with a mouthful of snacks.

"Okay Chris, you are welcome...you can take a seat beside Uncle here or your Sister...." F.M Carlos offered with a smile.

"I'll sit with you...." Chris said to Nike who immediately helped the boy to the cushion chair.

Two packs of chilled Five alive was quickly served to both of them as they claimed their respective seats. Chris was sitting at the other side of Nike, specifically in-between the two adults and unless Nike rests her body against the back rest of the chair, there is literally no way Chris would see me from that angle .

"Welcome once again..." The C.P. rubbed his palms together as he said that with a smile.

"Thank you, but we don't have a lot of time here..I've an appointment with my doctor in the next two hours...so can we make it snappy please?." Lewis said out in a hurry after taking a sip from his drink. He returned the mug to the table and sat back into the chair.

"Of course....I'm not going to take much of your time....You haven't touched your drink yet?” The C.P directed that statement to Nike who was all the while still stealing glances at me to check out my unkept and beard-ful appearance in cuffs.

"He's talking to you...." Lewis had to say that to Nike before she finally took her eyes away from me.

"Ah....sorry...I'm ...I'm on diet... Sugar is really not my thing this days... .." She turned down the offer amicably.

The C.P's eyes flew wider when he got that reply from her. "oh, is that so? Hmmmm, that's kind of a bad timing"

Nike only smile to that while Lewis wore a look of distaste on his oblong face.

”okay......lets get on with it then...." The C.P expressed with a placid smile as Nike stretced her hands in between her laps.

"Erm sir," Lewis said. "before you continue, I want to ask this.."

" Okay go on.." The C.P beckoned with his head..

"Seeing this guy here got me confused somehow...."

" As how? Mr Lewis?"

" As in, what is he doing here? Why is he here?" Lewis questioned the C.P with a tone that portrayed a fraction of authority.
When he got no instant reply, he pushed his question further by saying, "I just want to know why this guy, who has been nothing but an aggregate of our sufferings and pains in this recent times....yet still has all his body intact despite what he made my eyes see yesterday...." He finished with a look of contempt directed at me.

The C.P closed his eyes briefly and opened them again. "So what were you expecting us to have done to him?”

"Anything ...just anything to make him also feel a fraction of the pain I'm currently going through will suffice...." Lewis stressed frustratingly.

" So if we swap position right now, what would you do in this chair?" The C.P asked him.

" Ah, don't go there at all...." Lewis was almost boiling with anger when he said that. Nike was just exchanging glances from one man to the other . Whoever is talking gets her look.

" What will you do? Just a simple question"

Lewis looked at me in that instance before he spoke." Let's just say he will definitely be on his way back to his creator by now...."

The C.P scoffed at that. "Then it's a good thing for our nation and humanity at large that you are not sitting here then..."

" What's that supposed to mean?" Lewis rasped with a cold look at the opposite man.

"It means there is a fine line between being professionally objective and being senti...."

" Will you just cut the crap?" Lewis Curt's in with an evidently angry tone.

"Beg your pardon?" The police standing beside me said out when he could no longer tolerate the insolence of Lewis.

"Am I talking to you?" Lewis fired at him.

" Be caref....? The police behind me was still saying when his boss gestured to him to stop.

12 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:35am On Jul 30, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T.D.A 13. By TBM.

The atmosphere developed to a tense one with the latest development in the saga.
"Calm down Mr Lewis.... I've done my own investigation on the matter and I have my objective reasons for bringing him here for questioning.... So I implore you to calm down....."

"Calm down? How can you tell me to calm down after seeing this clown?” Lewis stressed out with a furious tone. The C.P and the rest of us were just silently watching him display his frustration. He ranted and bemoaned for some seconds before Nike saw the need to caution him.

"Lewis, calm down first..calm down na, this thing no go settle if we continue this way na...don't let me bring my own into this ooo....ahaha, what if my sister is here? Is this how you will be doing? Calm down first...I'm as angry as you are ,even maybe more than you ganself but let's just let them do their work ....let's hear what they want to say to us.." Nike voiced in with the tone of a pacifist.

There was temporary silence in the office after Nike has spoken. The silence lingered on for more than ten seconds before the C.P saw the need to end its tenure.

"First I must thank you for coming on such short notice. The police unit in ibadan have given me all the necessary Intel on the incident that happened yesterday...they are suppose to be the one to handle it but I just decided to take charge myself since the alleged culprit is still facing a trial in a court situated in this state...... You know we police, whenever we are tasked with investigating situations like this one, we always endeavor to go by the right line of justice. And when I say justice, its only a certified court of law that can grant that. We can't inflict pain or any form of physical abuse on anyone irrespective of the gravity of crime they were being alleged.. The law explicitly frowns on such things, this man here that we are talking about is still facing trial in court. So how will it sound if his lawyers later see him with swollen cheeks and battered eyes? Trust me, those lawyers will play on that till it gets out of hand....so that is why you are seeing him here.. if you have any personal issue with him, that's not our fault, so you can't possibly drag...." The C.P was still saying when Lewis curts in again.

"Will you just for once spare me all these bullsh*t and go straight to the point? "

" Lewis..." Nike called but Lewis isn't ready to back down just yet.

"Nike stay out of this....you are not the one that was beaten by this idiot..you are not the one feeling the pains I'm feeling right now....." Lewis moaned.

"Do I need to remind you of what I've also passed through in his hands?" Nike faced him squarely. " Is it the emotional torture or the physical ones? Or the irreparable loss of my mother that he caused? Or the....." She shook her head at that moment. " Trust me Lewis, you have no idea what I'm feeling right now, so stop making this all about you......"

"Then that's the more reason why you have to agree with me that this guy needs to die...."

"I'm afraid Mr Man, Only the court can do justice to that..not us and not you...it's far beyond our jurisdiction..." The C.P expressed vehemently.

" Then what's the purpose of inviting us here? Tell me nau? or is it so you can let him laugh in our faces? So he can gloat about it when you finally set him free?" Anxiety could be felt in every fiber of words spoken by Lewis.

"And why the hell would I do that?" The C.P groaned.

"Then it's not too much for someone like me to want to know why you haven't locked this idiot up yet. Instead you are here preaching to me like a parrot..."

The eyes of everybody in the room (except that of Chris ,who was already dozing off on the chair) shone wide at the sound of that.

" Gosh..." That escaped from the mouth of the police standing behind me as he could no longer contain the feelings inside.
Even the C.P was not left out in expressing how shocked he was to hear that. But instead of taking actions, he only put on a squeezed face and continue watching Lewis.

Not minding whatever reactions we were showing, Lewis continued anyways.. "Wait, when did you people even start embracing the act of due process? Eh? When did that one start?....if you know what's best for you, you will tell me why this clown is not covered in blood by now....trust me, if you do anything funny , I will make you lose your job...all it takes for me is just a phone call to my dad and voila, you are done....." He released a disgruntled sound at the completion of his statements.

All eyes were now focused on the C.P, Mr Femzie Carlos.
I was expecting the C.P to flare at him in that moment but he just smiled and scoffed. That further gave me reasons to believe what Lewis said to me the previous day about his father's status in the country. His father must truly be a very powerful figure for him to have the audacity to talk like that to a whole commissioner of police. That realization is not good at all for me. Knowing the kind of person Lewis is, he will surely explore this opportunity to make sure I enter more troubles.

"Calm down Mr Lewis...let's be civil here please...." C.P broke the deafening silence.

"How can you tell me to be civil? " Lewis curts in again amid the growing tension in the office. Still the C.P still see the option to put on a smile as the best thing to do. "See my face! See my hand? " Lewis placed his bandaged hand on the table as the C.P continue to smile back at him. "Have you even try to get a report from the police people in Ibadan? Have you heard from them? Evidently not...cos if you have , you will not be sitting down there like a fat duck and be giving me that daffy smile..."

"Mr Man, behave yourself na" The police behind me expressed his angered feelings towards what Lewis said. "na my oga you dey follow talk like that na...at least if you can't respect his post, try and respect his age na abi Wetin dey ...." The C.P cut him short with the wave of his hand. I could hear him chewing his teeth very hard.

The C.P scoffed again and smiled.
"I just want you to calm down.. don't aggravate things ignorantly...." The C.P said calmly. "I'm the head of police in this state and you can't continue to talk to me like that...I understand how you are feeling but also know that I am tolerating this because of your father..."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Said Lewis with a narrowed look at the man opposite him. "I'm a man of myself..how can you say you are doing one thing because of my father...?." He beats his chest to that.

"Yes!, its because of your father ...if not for him, why would I be allowing you to continue talking to me in such a rude manner?"

"That's ridiculous...." Lewis voiced out in a frustrated tone.

"The only ridiculous thing here is me letting you talk down on me like that...."

"What will you..." Lewis interrupted and before he could also finish, Nike too had interrupted him.

"Will you just for once stop acting like a child.... Stop being self centered...you are not the only one hurting here...." She lashed at him. He bit his lips tightly as if trying to surpress the temper in him.

"Well, that's that on that by the way...but remember there is limit to everything...I want you to know that.....if you talk to me in such degrading manner again, then I will not be held responsible for whatever my boys deem fit for you...." The C.P emphasized.

" Sorry..we are deeply sorry...that bandage must be messing with his head..." Nike said sarcastically.

" I can't agree less..." The policeman behind me added quickly. I thought that was meant to quell the rising tension but little did I know that there's still more to come.

Lewis narrowed his furrowed angry brow at my direction after hearing that.
"Wha....wha...what did you just say...? Mr Man, can you say that again?" Lewis stutters as his eyes blinked in rapid successions. He is evidently angry.

"All I'm saying is let my Oga do his work..." The man fired back.

"Which work? Is it the same one that is currently exposing his incompetence or the work he wouldn't have gotten in the first place if not for my dad....! God..how quick people can forget the good things we have done for them! Ingrates!" Lewis grumbled.

"You make it sound as if your father is the creator of heaven and Earth..." That was what I wanted to say at that moment but them never born me well to say such in that moment. Nature is already fighting for me so all I can do is stand back and relax.

"Wait young man, who has been feeding you with all these fables? What gave you that idea? " The C.P is starting to show some real balls. "Please don't take my meekness for weakness....I beg of you..."

"Say whatever you like but tell your boys to never speak to me like that ever again. I have got rights too...this is my country!...." Lewis countered again.

"And does your right gives you the right to stamp on other's right? Even if they are criminals?" C.P said.

"stamping on people like this clown here is a good riddance to humanity." Lewis pointed at me. " I can't just understand why you are treating this guy with respect....has he...has he....gosh! I'm confused....." He lamented under his breath.

"That's what happens when you are the only one without a functional brain among four people." I wanted to say that again but as it stands, them never born me well.

The other man opposite the table rested his jaws in his palms that was elbowly placed on the glass table in front of him. He was probably processing what to say again.
"Well, you certainly don't know what you are saying at all. So, don't let me thread that lane with you....I'm more older than you...but I insist, this is my office and I have the power to do and undo in this office and beyond too...so I advise you behave yourself....."

"Is that a threat?"

With a smile, the C.P said, "how can a simple explanatory advise be a threat?..come on where is your sense of humor?"

"Hmmmmmm" Lewis murmured under his squeezed lips.

The ongoing drama in the office has made me temporarily forget about my predicament. You have no idea how it feels watching your enemy make a enemy out of someone that's suppose to be your own enemy. That's what I call the square of enemization. I shifted my gaze towards my child and saw him trying to place his head on Nike's laps. He definitely wants to sleep. The aspirin might still be affecting him.

"Erm...hun-hun..." Nike chipped in after she has probably got tired of keeping mute. "Let's just forget the ruse and focus on why we are here...Lewis please calm down...let them handle this.. Mr C.P we are sorry....."

"No...no...its alright...I understand his frustration but he should also have known that I can't just act rashly without a thorough investigation...thats how things work here..."

"I know..." Said Nike with a soft voice in replica to that of yours whenever you are trying to sing SPEECHLESS by Michael Jackson. She adjusted the dozing boy properly on the seat before she leaned forward to continue her statement. " I knew things might get to this level and that is why I begged my sister to follow us here but I don't know why she suddenly decides not to come again..."

"I wouldn't myself...." Countered Lewis. "She has suffered enough in the hands of this clown here, so we can't blame her for trying to take a break..."

"Not when getting justice is on the horizon..." Nike answered faintly.

"Or maybe she probably wants us to do our job our selves.." The C.P said before focusing on Lewis. "Which is why I asked you to come today so we can carry out a thorough investigation...but here you are, making it more and more difficult for us...."

Lewis released a long breath and smiled briefly in a wry manner. "Okay... I'm all ears. Let's continue."

"Perfect..." The C.P said with a grin..

Nike looked at me again but I avoided her gaze so I can keep my brain loaded and focused in that moment of silence.

"Sergeant Audu, " The C.P called and the man behind me answered. "Take him to the other room, I need to speak privately with this people first...."

"Yes sir...!" He answered and I was immediately marched out of the office into another room at the opposite end of the corridor of the C.P's office.

12 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T.D.A 13. BY TBM.

CONTINUATION OF T.D.A 13. BY TBM.

I was not allowed to sit down even though there were enough chairs in the room to accommodate more than 6people at once. The Sergeant sat down after closing the door and centered all his attention on me as I stood in front of him.

The effect of the A.C in this room is not as intense as the one we left. My wrist, where the cuffs was clipped was already getting sore. I was only managing to stay on my feet. The effect of the ordeal I passed through the other day is still messing with my body.

"You fit sit down na, but no touch any chair...." Sergeant Audu said to me after probably sensing my discomfort.

I smiled and quickly connected my bottocks with the tiled floor.

I now have a few minutes at my disposal to think things through and hope it all goes according to plan. It's already working in my favor as it stands but the only thing I'm worried about is the private meeting they are having right now.

Lewis is a stubborn bastard.... When he came into my life fee years ago, I never would have thought him to later become this kind of person. Someone hell-bent on making sure my life is totally ruined beyond recognition. But with everything that went down in the C.P's office, I think I still have a slim chance to scale through this.

I was in that position for more than twenty minutes before the door opened and surprisingly, the C.P emerged from the entrance with a paper in his hand.

Sergeant Audu rose to his feet quickly and saluted the other man.

I also tried getting up but the C.P waved at me to remain on the floor. I didn't know whether to be happy about that or to be cautious.

The C.P raised the paper to his own face, he read it briefly before he turned to me with a plain face.
"Darous," He called me. "This text that I'm about to read to you was sent to your ex-wife's phone yesterday when she was looking for your child....."

"What? Did he got missing?" I feigned ignorance.

"Silence!" The C.P ordered and I was instantly mute.
"Once I'm done reading it to you, I want you to be completely honest with me with any questions I ask you....that's if you don't want to be in total soup.. Be honest...what did I say? Be completely honest.....that's the only thing that can help you here...you already have enough on your plate...in fact, enough to earn you a lifetime sentence in jail, I don't want you to add this one to it. We can settle it here without it getting out but I need you to be completely honest with me. You see those two inside my office, they want nothing but to see you in a body bag...but I don't want that for you. People think of us police as wicked people but that's not who we are. We always want to help the citizens, but it's when they refuse to cooperate with us, that's when things get ugly. You yourself can see how that man, because he's the son of my boss, see how he's talking to me? All because I refuse to punish you? So if you don't want me to take out my frustration on you, you'd better behave yourself...." He paused and took a seat inside the chair opposite me. Our face was directly against each other.
"Here is the message ....let me read it loud for you to hear." He adjusted in his seat before he began. "The message reads as this...'Joke, don't shout after reading this message. No cause for alarm. I just want to tell you that I've come to pick what belongs to me. I know it will hurt you but this is what you deserve for ruining my life. Now I want to give you a chance that you never gave me. A chance to say goodbye to this boy. I'm in that uncompleted guest house located at the back street of my house that you stole from me. I give you twenty minutes to get your snitching self over here or else I will kill this boy. After all he's the cause of our break up. If I see any police with you, I will twist his neck..be warned..." The C.P looked up from the paper in his hand. He dropped it on his laps and placed his elbowed hands on it. "Now, I will ask you three questions, if you answer it honestly, then I promise you on the honor of my rank that I will do everything in my power to help you out....."
He got to his feet and begin to pace the room in a circular motion around me.

"Darous, I've asked you this before but now I've got reasons to ask you again... Where were you yesterday....?"

"Like I told you earlier sir, I was inside the the prison and that's where I've always been since five months ago...." I replied instantly.

The C.P scoffed. I managed to look up to his face as he continued pacing around me but what I saw in his face terrified me.

"I will ask you again and that will be the last time I will be asking you...." He suddenly stopped in front of me and got himself into a squatting posture. "Where were you yesterday....?"

I took some seconds to deliberate on whether to tell him the truth or to just play according to plan. Telling him the truth is certainly a one way ticket to hell but if he's truly honest about helping me, then it might be a risk worth taking. But the problem is, how do I know if he can be trusted? Lewis might have manipulated him during those times they spent together. This might be some sort of ploy to nail me finally to the cross.

'tell him the truth ....take that risk....' An inner voice told me as the tension in me continue to grow.

"I'm waiting...." The voice of the C.P cuts into my thoughts.
I swallowed hard and pondered on it briefly before making my decision.

"I..I was inside the prison sir....." I replied amid breaking voice again. I have made my decision and that's what I'm going to stick with. I only pray it doesn't comes back to hunt me.

The C.P released a deep breath and rose back to his feet. He used his left palm to wipe down his face. He handed the paper in his hand back to his Sergeant and continued to pace me again.

"One last time.....one final time for you to let me help you....I swear I will make sure you rot in prison if you don't come out clean with me... The picture is there as enough evidence but I still need your confession. To understand what is really going on. We already have the warder that was killed during the break in the hospital for postmortem.... I've gotten all the necessary information from your prison mates and they have told me all I need to know, but you know I don't know why, something is telling me I just have to help you in this case....if not for anything, at least for the arrogance of that Lewis of a man....so now, if you don't want to have another enemy in me, I warn you for the last time to tell me the truth...or else, you will spend the rest of your life wishing you had....." He threatened furtherly and paused to see my reaction. "Darous, where were you yesterday?"

'telll him the truth....tell him the truth and damn the consequences....' That inner voice said to me again but ....

"I'm waiting......!" The C.P snarled at me again and that sent shivers of fear down my spine.

"I....I..." I stammered out in absolute trepidation.

"You are what..? Tell me, you are what?"

I sniffed hard. "the prison sir....I was at the.. prison sir......."

"Hmmm... you want to be stubborn abi? You will meet me there.....Okay....erm....Sergeant Audu," The C.P called out loud.

"Yes sir!"

"Go and bring them in..." The C.P ordered authoritatively.

'you are in soup...I told you...' That inner voice told me again.

The Sergeant marched outside and before I could reconsider my stand, the door flew open and as if watching a movie, my cell mates, starting from Principal, followed by the two Albinos and others begin to troop inside the room in hand cuffs and leg chains.

At a cursory count, they were up to sixteen . The whole house was present....

The door opened again and Lewis walked inside alongside Nike. Lewis couldn't hide the smile on his face when he saw me sitting in the middle of the lots.

The chief warden at the prison was also escorted inside the room and silence instantly dominated the atmosphere.

My life and trouble are like the alphabetical arrangements in the state and capital recitation. If Ebonyi cannot be Abakaliki, then Edo can never be a Benin City...

T.B.C.

15 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2019
hatchetman:
GLOCOTEL send dis guy-TBM go excursion...
dat means more wisdom wen him go return...d jonzing don weak me finish..
ehen! b4 i 4get.. TBM u 2much.. ororo 2much 4 ur head..d kind entertainment wey u dey gve us 4 free..na so blessings and mercies and favours and good health(i gas add am make e no b lyk say na gels i dey wish u) more SHANGOISTIC BIC ink 2 every pen in ya life...
HATCHETMAN WISH U WELL
THE appreciation is well appreciated bro.......it's a morale booster

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by cenaman(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2019
Thumb up TheBlessedMan, nice update but i hope the suspence wont be too long?

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 30, 2019
welcome back @ TBN .... hope you won't keep us waiting 4 long again. as per ur story i rate am 5star. God bless

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2019
cenaman:
Thumb up TheBlessedMan, nice update but i hope the suspence wont be too long?
hopefully not. The 14th episode is already undergoing surgery....

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kaysmart4real(m): 9:17am On Jul 30, 2019
TBM you no go kill us with suspense. Abeg make una no delay the next episode too much ooo. More Grease to your Elbow More Ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 9:19am On Jul 30, 2019
kaysmart4real:
TBM you no go kill us with suspense. Abeg make una no delay the next episode too much ooo. More Grease to your Elbow More Ink to your pekn
amen brother......

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Adesina12: 9:22am On Jul 30, 2019
The BlessedMan, the heir of Sango grin grin grin
I don dey laf tired grin grin grin
Just be calm you will be freed soon
Your enemy are plenty and more than your Ota
Sweet popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by arfezces: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2019
More wisdom bro... You just a blessing to this generation... I pray sango will be on side this time o cuz the whole kasala is about to boast
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by darniejay(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2019
wow. . .honestly ur writing skills is outta this world what am I even saying, after all you attended GLOCOTEL and you are the heir of sango. more grace and skills
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dawno2008(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
THE appreciation is well appreciated bro.......it's a morale booster

Baba TBM you just made my byday a lovely day,I was feeling blue,imagine on ma byday,I just checked literature section,and viola,an update,you really made ma day

God bless you as you continue to make people happy through your writing
Thank you so much,from the bottom of ma heart I say thank you.
It's gonna be a good"Happy day"to everyone out there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.