Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (241201 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Femziecarlos(m): 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
BIGGIE121:

you are becoming one of the unfufiling writers of this section of nairaland, what is the essence of writing this when you know that your update is not yet ready,
you have done this same thng numerous times, while you were still updating countless, you need to revamp mr darous, stop puting your readers in unnecessary anticipation,

Some people go just behave like fool...
If TBM hand over your matter to Sango now, you'll say he's wicked.

Babu Lakaye you no get

TBM, don't bother to reply him, he's seeking attention
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 6:28am On Apr 28, 2019
but of a truth the update is taking time, it's only when ur readers like ur work dy will be disturbing u for updates. tbm if u are having challenge at least you put ur readers on the know, I think dt will be better than keeping them quiet. thanks
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by femialade(m): 8:25am On Apr 30, 2019
Femziecarlos:

Some people go just behave like fool...
If TBM hand over your matter to Sango now, you'll say he's wicked.

Babu Lakaye you no get

TBM, don't bother to reply him, he's seeking attention

This is so uncalled for.... We understand that no one is paying TBM for this wonderful piece but since he committed himself to it, he should be consistent.. people ask for update cos they love his work, so u don't need to harass anyone for voicing his mind.
In whatever we do in life, consistency is key. You can't tell ur die hard followers u are typing already and will drop update soon, 7 days later you are yet to drop it and u don't want anyone to query you.

You are doing a good job Mr Darous, but please be consistent and be true to ur words. it will take u far in life.

peace out
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Pheobmax: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2019
This Story Is.......
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Chijenn(f): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2019
Please guys, no insults... No one knew y he didn't update at least care to ask him how he is doing or hope everything is fyn this one he didn't update again.. We can care a little..

Thanks TBM for ur hand work
Hope to see ur update soon
Thanks
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by adamsbadoo(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
TBM, you're amazing.
Please come and update cheesy
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 01, 2019
This guy likes suspense sha.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by omoola1122(m): 8:56am On May 02, 2019
Palmerbarry:
smiley G.O.A.T
Great Of All Time (Goat)

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019
4.THE DOG ATTENDANT [T. D. A] by Darous Emmanuel.

The first thing my eyes settled upon inside the untidy room was two people. They were both sitting comfortably on two white plastic chairs that wasn't too far from each other. One was a man and the other was a woman.

The face of the man represents everything called thuggery. Battered nose and a disfigured right cheeks. The lamp that was placed on one side of the table made sure I saw that quite well even in my semi-panick state. He had on a colored sleeveless vest and a black hat.

The face of the woman beside him wasn't clear at the time as the light coming from the lamp didn't shone directly in her direction. Maybe that wasn't part of the deal the lamp signed with the person that switched it on or perhaps, it was merely following the instructions from its switchingnitor..

The whole room was smelling of cigarette and alcohol, hence the presence of two bottles of Sea King on the table that was situated in the middle of the room.

"Ki lo de ti e fi pe bayi?" The man sitting on the plastic chair voiced out in the local dialect with a thick and marijuana-sponsored tone. Literally means "what took you so long?" He paused briefly and continued in the same local dialect but let me just contact Don movies for the subtitles. Using the subtitle application from Don movies, here we go then.

The man continued in the subtitled version courtesy of Don movies. "We've been expecting you since thirty minutes ago. Capable," He called out and settled his confused gaze on the man behind me. "what happen? why is the news of this mission on the radio? You told me that this operation will not create any problem. Why is it now on the news?"

The man behind me stepped forward a little and gave the man a thuggery greeting sign. "Ah, baba Jarter, no vex, ah beg," The guy called Capable stated with hands raised.

"I'm not angry but you can't blame me for getting worried. I told you that I don't want to have anything to do with the police anymore... Eh? Do you know how much of naira I'm spending on this thing? Are we even safe here at all?"

"Baba, nothing dey happen baba, this place safe die... Trust m, na my Abete be this baba " Capable replied enthusiastically.

" By the way where is Coupon and Surebet?" Jarter asked.

"Baba nla, na why we tey be that. Coupon mess up inside the prison. He don make way baba nla. Na spanner lost be hin case. Surebet don complete hin own level and Audley Samson don go meet hin boss for office. But no yawa baba mi, everything still set."

Jarter was briefly silent with an expressionless face. Surely, he was not happy.

"How will you complete the mission na? " Jarter asked with an index finger pointed at me. His tone indidcated that he's worried.

Capable took some steps forward and got behind the man. He started whispering to the man's ear as the man's face remained fixed on me.

"Who are these people?' I asked myself during the little time Capable was spending with Jarter. 'What do they want from me? Are they going to kill me? Chai' I panicked a little as that thought crossed my mind. Then I started surveying the whole room with frantic eyes, looking for possible means of escape in case the situation gets to a life threatening stage. I noticed that the planks used in building the place appeared to be very weak as the cracks on them are visible enough for scrutiny eyes to see. I also tried to see the face of the woman but it appears as if she was purposely hiding herself from me. Like she doesn't want me to see her and that little thought got me wondering who she could be. I had little time to ponder on that before Capable's voice cut across the room again.

"Baba nla, no problem insha Allah." Capable said and returned to my side. "I go do am"

"Ok... No lele, shey the coast is clear sha?" Jarter asked in a pidgin language that instantly terminates the contract of Don movie.

"Crystal baba nla...." Scorpion replied with a voice of enthusiasm. "I'm Capable baba.... Ehn gbe fun."

"Ok... that level dey that corner" Jarter said with a finger pointed at the back of the door. "Take it and wait for us on the bridge. We go join you soon." He instructed.

"But baba, bridge ke? What of this guy, how will you handle him? ". Capable voiced out his concern.

Jarter seized me up with a scrutiny look. "If he's anything my wife says he his, then I think he should be smart enough not to cause any problem or else he will be very sorry. You can go sha... " Jarter said finally and shortly after, the door produced a closing squeaking sound that signals the exit of Capable. I was now left in the hands of the remaining two people in the room.

"sit down na, why you stand like pikin wey never do him home work? ..." Jarter said to me calmly and pointed a white chair that was beside the wall to me.

I gave him a narrowed and furrowed gaze before I obeyed him reluctantly.

"Guy, my name na Jarter, the number one Shredman of every part of Ikorodu.... If you no sabi me, you no sabi anything, after MC Oluomo for Oshodi, na me be the next in rank for Ikorodu. Na me get that empire from there go reach Ajegunle to Agege to Ojodu to Mushin to Lekki to Gbagada to ....... "

" To hell with you Mr Jarter... Tell me why you brought me here! " I suddenly blurted out as I was feeling angry at everything he has been saying. But unfortunately, that proved to be a costly mistake as the next thing I saw was him plunging forward quickly towards me and like a flash, a heavy slap had landed on my cheeks.

"No one talks when Jarter dey talk! " He roared loudly and his voice could be felt across the whole room. I was visibly frightened as I grabbed my cheeks. "You dey craaaaaaaze for head? Pimples dey inside your brain ni abi stretch marks dey disturb your medulla oblangata?" He stressed vehemently at my face.

I rubbed my cheeks intermittently while my angry gaze remained locked on his oblong face.
The anger to retaliate logged into my mind after I'd gotten over the shock but the mere thought of him having a gun made me to quickly reconnect with my Calm Control Switch. C. C. S.

"Eh Jarter dear, Calm down please.. don't scare him too much na...." The woman beside him intervened and she placed her hands on his chest and started rubbing it. She did that for some seconds and the anger in Jarter begin to subside. Then she stood up slowly and started approaching me. She got to my front and I raised my gaze to meet her face and it was then that I received another shock after seeing her face more clearly, courtesy of the collision with the table by Jarter and that was what changed the direction of the lamp on it.

I was astonishingly distraught when my eyes settled on the face of someone I never thought I would ever see again in my life.

Standing comfortably with a graceful grin was Lovelyn, the cousin of Adedoyin.

* Wondering who is Lovelyn ? Okay, Let's refresh our memories about the woman called Lovelyn.

Lovelyn was the first woman I had sex with when I began this story. She was the woman that followed her boyfriend to the viewing center on the day I first met with Adejoke and her sister. Remember she followed me to my house after the pandemonium at the viewing center. We had sex together then and the following day, she told me she was traveling back to Osun state where her parents lived, but only to meet her days later at Adedoyin's house after the latter had came to bail me out of the police station and had taken me to her house based on safety precautions. Remember Adedoyin introduced her to me back then as her cousin. Also, remember Adedoyin nearly caught us together in the house when we were at the kitchen and since then, I never set my eyes upon her, but of course until today when I'm seeing her again.*

**Back from Memory lane*

She appeared very modest compared to the way she appeared years ago at the viewing center.

She smiled casually and placed her hands on my shoulder.

More beautiful I should say, as the colored Ankara attire she wore gracefully embraced all the embodiments of her body.

"Hi Darous, long time no see...." She said to me with another dimple-lated grin.

"Lo......lo.... Lovelyn?" I stuttered out in total shock as she appears to be the last person I expected to see there.

"Darous, good to see you again..."

"What are you doing here?" I queried curiously and got to my feet.

"Calm down, eh, tiger calm down." She stated calmly. " We are here to help you and that's why we broke you out." She stated as calmly as she could but it took me more than ten seconds to successfully digest the meaning of what she said. And when I did, I gave her a squinted look.

"We? Who are the We?"

"Me and my husband..." She said pointing to Jarter. Jarter was just looking at us without talking. He dragged the bottle on the table closer to himself and pour himself another drink while I stared on in confusion.

"Wait.... Wait, don't run me mad please... Let me breath small,...."

"Okay... " she said and shifted back a little.

"If I get you well now, the reason why you broke me out of prison was solely because you want to help me?"

"Do you want your freedom back? " She asked again and narrowed her eyes on my face. "or you want to spend the rest of your life rotting away inside the prison? And let your wife continue to use my Aunty's money and yours to enjoy her own life? " She stressed. Pain could be felt in the last part of her words.

"What kind of question is that? You know my answer to that already. " I answered sharply.

"Then if that's the case you won't have any problem with the proposal I brought for you... That's the main reason why I broke you out."

"Abeg, tell him Wetin we want make him do for us and stop these nonsense sweet talk.... " Jarter blurted out in a hardened tone that indicates his impatience.

"Darous, listen, you really need to be smart here.... sit down first... .." Lovelyn said and stared into my eyes.

I took in a deep breath and calmed down my nerves and quickly engaged my mind in a short thinking trip.
I sat down after thinking it through. No need to get angry now. At least I should first hear what she wants to say, then I can decide on what to do. They can't outsmart me when I'm playing it cool. That's for sure. Based on my past ordeals, they can only hurt me when I'm angry.

"Okay... " I finally said. "Let's hear it."

She grinned and quickly adjusted the length of her gown and sat on the table in the middle. That way she blocked my eyes access to view Jarter's countenance.

"You married my Aunty and she died. I heard she willed all her properties to you even though I don't know how that can be possible but that's not why we are here. " she paused to take a breath as I maintained my cool.
"I was outside the country since 5years ago, I was studying Banking and Finance in Canada all thanks to my husband here. That was why I wasn't aware of my sister's death until last year when I came back into the country. I heard everything about you and her and since then I've been looking for you. "

"Now that you've found me, what are you going to do?" I asked eagerly.

"We understand that all your properties now belongs to your wife, but again, that's not why I'm here.." She paused to pick something from the black bag beside the table. "This is why I'm here. " She said after she had brought out a big folder and a tiny device from the bag. she opened the folder and brought out a white paper "I don't know if you remember or not, but I'm sure you do. You still have an active account with Diamond Bank...shey you remember? ". She paused to study my face as her last words sank into my confused mind.

I couldn't believe what I'm hearing from her. Truly I have an account with Diamond bank. The money inside that account is nothing less than 2.7billion naira. I got the money from the sale of Adedoyin's shares with METCON groups. A very popular rubber industries from the U. K. I'd kept it there for like 2 and a half years now with the aim of making use of it one day.

That money is part of the main reasons why I've decided to embrace life again. It was part of the reasons why I decided to face my trials with open mind with the hope of getting back on my feet once I regain my freedom.

That money is also my only missile to get revenge on my ex-wife and her sister including that backbitting Lewis.

Since the day I remembered that money, I've kept it as a secret. There's no way anyone could know about it since the police have accidentally damaged my phone during the arrest.
And now, all of a sudden, out of no where, this Lovelyn from no where is telling me about it? Chai, heaven go weep today.

'Wait, shey dem use am swear for me ni? Na woman dey always supervise my temptations.. Wetin I do to deserve all this Feminexamination?'
"That look on your face, I take it that you remember? " Lovelyn's voice cuts into my thoughts.

Her question caught me unaware. I couldn't quite come up with the proper way to handle situation at that moment. But one thing I know is that I need to handle this with a careful and cautious mind else I risk loosing everything. First to my wife and now to these End-time couples.

"Lovelyn, how did you know of this? " I asked in a relatively cool voice that perfectly hides my anxiety.

"I was just about to tell you that. Presently, I work with Diamond bank. And in a few days time, Access bank is waiting to take over the ownership of our bank. So as a senior staff of the bank, there's literally nothing that goes behind my back in the bank. I came across your name just last week in our archives and since then I've been looking for ways to help you out. Because its only a matter of time before the bank contacts you to notify you if you still want to continue banking with us or you will withdraw your money. And we both know who's going to get that notification once they do... And mind you, with all the vital documents in her hands, she has unrestricted access to everything that belongs to you. All she needs to do to get your money is just to show interest in it... Chikena... And voila, your money is gone... I know you don't want that... "

Again, her words formed heavy meanings in my mind. I raised my gaze to the ceiling and closed my eyes. I wonder why my life is so full of unexpected twists and turns. I don't know what wrong I really did to deserve all these Nollywooded scenes that are taking turns in my existence. Even inside the hideous confines of the prison, fate and other bit**ching agents are still using touchlights to look for me... Na wa ooo.

Suddenly, right there inside that wooden room, the idea of depression and despair started approaching me, they got to my door steps with their younger sibling called suicide. I was about to invite them inside but the words of my Therapist that says "Whenever you are thinking of giving up, remember why you started" shut them out. And in that instance I knew I had to continue the fight. I knew its not yet time to give up. I'll rather let my ex-wife have access to my money rather than this greedy couple. Who even asked them to help me out? Its not as if I told them to help me. Certainly, they surely have an hidden agenda. A very dubious one at that. But thank Gawd for the lessons this life has taught me. They are going to regret ever toying with the son of thunder.

I summoned up courage as I prepared to talk.

"So now, what are your plans for me since you are my Godsent." I asked to their surprise.

They flashed each other a wide look before Lovelyn spoke.

"I always knew you are really smart." She remarked with a placid smile.

I grinned at her and settled my mind once again to hear what she wants to say.

"The thing is, it will be very difficult for you to have direct access to your account right now, not because you are awaiting trial, but because its next to impossible for you to appear at the bank in daylight to lay claims for your money. "

"So what do we do now? At least to prevent my wife from getting her hands on it." I played along.

She was silent for a minute or thereabout before she spoke.

"There's only one way"

"Which is? " I asked with attentive ears.

" It will definitely sound somehow to you but beleive me its the only option you have.... If you transfer the funds to my account, that way you can have access to it because I can easily withdraw it for you... . And that's why I have here with me a phone that has the Diamond Bank app installed on it. All you need to do is to log in with your online I. D and password. Then you can do the transfer. "

'Am I a fool?' I couldn't help but ask myself that rhetorical question after she stopped talking. ' wait does my face look like a foolish one?'

"You just have to trust me on this. Your money is more safer with me than your ex-wife and we both know it..." The woman said with a tone of confidence. I looked at her with a dead pan eye but she went on anyways. "You see, my husband and I spent a lot of money to get you out of that place. Apart from the 15million we've spent so far, there are still more to be spend if we are to make this mission a truly successful one. For example, once you agree to do this, we can fly you out of the country, get you a new identity with your own money and you can start afresh. You just have to trust me on this. Darous, I know you, you are smart and we both know this is the best chance for you to get out of that bloody prison... " She sighed and placed her hands at akimbo.

"Hmmmm" I cleared my throat after a brief while of silence. The man called Jarter was no longer drinking, his attention was now 101percent focused on me. Obviously, he was expecting me to make my decision quickly.

I smiled briefly and leaned forward on the chair. "So now, I have to choose between the deep blue sea which is you and the devil my ex-wife?"

"If that's how you see it, well no problem then, but know that it was this blue sea that you swimmed out of that prison... So if I were you, I will not hesitate to deal with the deep blue sea"

Truly, the devil is a woman. See how convinienlty this woman had perfected the art of Dupe.
Someone by the name of Debbie, a friend of mine once said, "Humans are creatures of habit with an insatiable need to see familiarity in other peoples actions. Your predictability gives them a sense of control. So to win them, you can only do one thing..... BE DELIBERATELY UNPREDICTABLE".

I smiled wickedly as those words flashed through my mind. This Lovelyn thinks I'm really a fool. Its time I prove her wrong. Although I don't know what's at stake for me here, but all the same I need to take a giant leap. How can you expect me to do such a thing? Transfer all my hope to your account with a vague hope that you don't betray me? Noooo... I can't take that anymore. I am done with people taking my innocent face for a sign of weakness.

8 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:11pm On May 02, 2019
CONTINUATION.........

I know what to do. I know they can't kill me, not until they have the money in their accounts, and to do that, they need me to login into my account. That's never gonna happen.

All I need is to escape from here and look for another way to get my money from the bank. I will go and get my child from Joke and after then, I will leave the country. All I need to do is to first fight my way out of this place.

"Darous what do you say? The sun will soon be out and we can't take the risk of getting caught here... Will you deal with us?" Lovelyn stated again with an impatient tone.

"Yes, I'll deal with you messilessly... You think I'm a fool abi? Make I transfer all my money to you so that you can run away after killing me abi? You and your husband are very crazy. Your brains are on a parrallel line with common sense and they can never meet... " With the level of anger boiling inside of me, I almost say all that but I just maintained my cool and decided to play it cool.

I summoned courage again and looked directly into the face of the two greedy souls in the room.

"Yes! I'll deal with you.." I finally said. Lovelyn's face shone brightly with a giant smile after I said that. The man behind her also laughed out loud to show his excitement but only to be caught off guard by my next words.

"Yes... I'll deal with you but not until I'm sure of my safety..." I dropped that as fast and mean as I could. There faces were very fast to change from an excited one to a horrific one.

"What!" Jarter lamented and quickly followed was a loud hiss from Lovelyn herself.

"Wait... Wait... Darous, are you saying you don't trust me?" Lovelyn blurted out.

"Trust? Funny... Trust has never had anything to do with our relationship back then. How do you expect me to trust you when the man you hired to get me out of prison already have plans to kill you both once I transfer the money to you? " I dropped that with the aim of getting them against each other. Lovelyn's face was quick to find Jarter's as both were too shocked to hear what I just said. "if you think I'm lying, then can you explain the reason why he killed two of his own men when they were trying to stop him from doing so?" They looked at each other again and I quickly rose to my feet.

"Oro radarada wo lo n so lenu? ". Jarter said in the local dialect that instantly brought the Don Movies back to the table.
"What nonsense are you talking about?" Jarter blurted out again as he started approaching me.

"I'm not saying nonsense Mr Jarter, I can not trust anyone in this kind of situation.... That man Capable is capable of killing all of us and we both know it. " I reiterated furtherly. My intention was to get both of them confused till they will have no choice than to call Capable to come inside. Since he appears to be the only one with gun in the room, all I need to do to take charge of the situation is to get the gun from Capable once he enters. I know people like Jarter, they don't seem to reason well in situations of impending betrayals like this. I was doing all these with the hope that I'm not wrong about him, or else, I might embrace my doom within the hour.

"I heard him quite well when he was telling some guys on the phone that he will pay them the balance of their last mission tomorrow. Or why do you think we arrived late? He was busy planning for..... "

"Will you shut the fvck up? " Lovelyn blurted out. "I think I know what you are trying to do here... "

"I'm trying to save us all Lovelyn... I've nothing to gain by lying to you.... You have already proven to me that you can help me by getting me out of prison and offering me a brilliant strategy to be a free man... So what would I gain from lying to you? If you can't see that what I'm doing is for our collective sakes then your brain should be grinded with maize and be used for poultry feeds."

"Darous... " Lovelyn called at me with a mean look that nearly made my heart jump out of its ribcage. She appears to remain unyielding with my claims. " You think I don't know what you are trying to achieve here? You want to.... "

"Lovelyn, trust me here. You have to trust me. I know what I'm talking about. That guy Capable is planning for us. He has plans.... "

"How do you know of his plans? Tell me if you want me to believe you... ". Jarter said with a less convincing look. I turned my attention to him. I gulped down the heavy saliva that just formed inside my mouth. Seriously, I never planned for this part. I wasn't expecting him to ask me this kind of question. I've underestimated him and I'm going to pay for it.

"You see, you don't even know what to say... ". Lovelyn jeered. Jarter bit his lips angrily at me. He gritted his teeth.

"You this bloody fool... " He roared ferociously. "No one lies against my men and live thereafter. I am going to teach you a lesson you will never forget."

I saw his mean face and instantly knew my time on earth is about to end.

"Dear calm down.. I think that's what he wants. But remember we need him to log in to his account... After then you can do whatever you want with him... ". Lovelyn advised.

" hey woman, leave me alone. If he's not going do it willingly, I will make him do it forcefully by myself. .. I'm going to teach this idiot a lesson. No one dares to blackmail the mighty Jarter."

I quickly pushed the white plastic chair I was previously sitting on to one side so that I can be free.

Jarter started approaching me with rapid steps. His fist was clenched tight and his teeth were equally gritted.

I started looking for possible ways to escape. I don't know if I can take on this muscular man with my boxing experience. The slap he gave me earlier is still doing a jingle in my head.

8 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:17pm On May 02, 2019
CONTINUATION......

Few inches between us, Jarter slowed down a little and stopped right in front of me. I on the other hand was banging my back against the wooden wall hoping that it would give way but no, the wall was as strong as Barcelona's defence against the mighty missiles of Liverpool. I had underestimated it by the way it looks but now I'm regretting it.

I was majourly scared of what will happen to me if this man called Jarter overpowers me, but nonetheless, my mind never stopped working. It was looking for every possible means of escape.

Without giving me another chance to make any move, Jarter suddenly plunged forward towards me with the aim of grabbing me but luckily for me I was very fast to sweep to one side thereby causing Jarter to collide his head with the wall.

He sniffed angrily and turned around at me. "You are so dead today. " He shouted ferociously.

"Should I call Capable? ". Lovelyn asked in a frenzied tone.

"For what! " Jarter lashed out at her. " to come and help me beat this thing? "

"Jarter, this is not the time to be feeling too confident, this guy can outsmart us both... " She tried to protest but Jarter wasn't ready to give in either.

"will you keep quiet? If your father with all his wisdom can not stop me from marrying you, then who is this one that I can't handle? Keep quiet and watch how I got my reputation. no be moin-moin" Jarter warned.

His full attention was now focused on me.
The only way out of here is through the door by the right hand side. Jarter was closer to it than I am. If I try to get there I might be successful in that but the chances of opening the door before he gets hold of me is equal to Arsenal's chances of reaching top four.

"Ahgrarhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! " Jarter's voice roared again and within a split of seconds he was charging at me with the sole aim of ramming me against the wall but thank goodness for my quick reflexes, I was able to get out of the way by an inch of him and he couldn't help but ram his own head into the wall and there was a loud cracking sound that dominated the room from that collision.

I turned around as swift as I could and used all my strength to further pushed him into the hole his head had created inside the wall.

He was groaning and whimpering in pain with every effort I applied on his body. Traces of blood could be seen escaping from his neckline down to the floor.

With every force I applied on his body, he was always trying to kick my groin with his back heels but I was smart enough to avoid all his attempts.
"Argh!!!!! " I cried out loud as I continue to shove his muscular body into the growing hole. I made sure half his body was well stuffed into the hole before I let him be. There's no way he's going to get out of that hole without an external help.

I quickly dragged the middle table to the base of his buttocks to further prevent him from maneuvering his way out. Even if he did get out, he will be too weak to pick up any fight, judging by the amount of blood he has lost already to the woods.

"Ah! " I heaved a deep sigh of relief as I turned around to meet Lovelyn but to my utter surprise she was no where to be seen.

I became instantly at alert. I turned around again towards the door and found it a bit open. That means someone has left the room. I got out instantly out of the room with the purpose of getting her.

I'd barely spent a minute outside when I started hearing the sound of a typical running shoe heels from a distance above the cellar.

Furiously, I doubled my speed and went after her. I was almost out of the steps that linked the underground to the surface when I caught a sharp glimpse of Lovelyn's Ankara attire at the last step.

I thriced my steps and was able to grab her by the arm barely before she could stamp her foot on the surface of the bridge where Capable is most likely to be waiting for us.

"Lemme goooo! " She shouted and at the same time trying desperately to wriggle free of my firm grip.

"No... No... " I said as I was still fighting to catch my breath. "you have a lot to answer for... ". I pinned her by the chest against the side railings of the steps.

"You are hurting me.... ". She cried out in a muffled tone.
I still didn't let her go. With arms and elbows placed on her neck and chest, I pinned her the more.

"Darous.... I'm cho.... Cho.... Choking.... " I quickly released her after hearing that when I saw the visible veins forming on her forehead. I may be desperate but I'm not a murderer.

She gasped for breathe and dropped tiredly to the floor of the step.

I swallowed the lump in my mouth and wiped the sweats on my forehead.

"Lovelyn,...... ". I called at her while she bent her head on her knees. "You are very very.... ". I was still saying when I heard a very low sound coming from the surface of the bridge. I peeped my eyes with strained ears to check what's going on but I was too late to notice the presence of the guy called Capable that was pointing his gun to my face.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeyeeeyeeeee, you are so dead...... " He pouted his lips at me. I watched with increasing tension as he slowly raised his left hand to cork the gun.

Seeing that as an ample opportunity to act, in the blink of an eye, I quickly charged towards him and I was able to force him to the ground, but before he could land on the floor, there was a sound of gunshot that was quickly followed by a loud anguish scream from the lips of no one else but the only lady within the area.

I turned my eyes around sharply and was very stupefied with what I saw. Lovelyn was still on her feet but she was holding her stomach that was bleeding profusely. Her dark eyes were momentarily locked with mine before she let her hands fall off her stomach and then her body contacted the floor with a heavy force after which she rolled down the steps.

"Nooooooooooooooo!!!! ". I cried out painfully and quickly got on my feet. My eyes colided with the gun on the floor before the eyes of Capable. He was still lying on the floor without moving. He had on a regrettable look that depicts everything remourseful.

I picked the gun and sighed before pointing it at the motionless Capable. I was so deadly determined to pull the trigger and blow off his ugly looking skull. I looked down the steps again to look at the lifeless body of Lovelyn.

The pain of her death strike my brain again in multiple unbearable folds and click.... I pulled the trigger at Capable's face but nothing came out of the gun.

I clicked again and again but still the same result. I looked down at Capable and was shocked to see him smiling.

"The last bullet was meant for you.... Dummy... " He grinned wickedly and begin to laugh out loud hysterically.
I was left distraught at what was happening within the moment. I never expected things to get ugly like this. Tongue extent that someone has to die. Counting from the prison, three people have died now and all deaths are strongly linked to me. Evidently, Trouble is my Botanical name.

"what? Iyawo mi? " (meaning 'my wife?') That voice came from the base of the steps where Lovelyn's body was lying.

I turned around towards there and I saw Jarter looking straight at me. His eyes shone widely when he saw the gun in my hand.

"Ahaaaarghhhhhhhh!!!!!!" He snarled very loud on top of his voice. His blood covered face made him appear like a wounded lion even though he appeared very weak and that was when I knew I had to run.

Without dropping the gun and even still in my white garment, I took to my heels and started running towards the direction in which the car was parked.

In no time, I got there quickly and was very happy to found it unlocked. I glanced back and saw that no one was following me. Jarter wasn't visible yet and Capable was still lying motionlessly on the floor.

I got inside the driver seat and quickly switched on the ignition. The car produced a low sound before roaring to life.

"You will pay for this!!! " That Jarter's voice came from behind me. I didn't even bother to look back before turning the car around towards the opposite direction.

I checked the dashboard and my eyes colided with the time.

It was 03:26Am. Perfect time to pay someone a visit.

T. B. C

Follow on Twitter @ Darous_emmanuel.

Fb@ Darousmart library. Like the page.

WhatsApp on +2348162128141.

13 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 7:25pm On May 02, 2019
Yes, finally able to update. Thanks to all that keep the faith.

I began the typing of this update since 11 days ago but since then I've been unable to complete it because of some overstressfull reasons. But thank goodness, I was able to sleep well this past two days and that was what prompted the updates you saw above.

Nothing can stop Theblessedman from completing whatever he starts here.

Please always find it in your hearts to forgive me of my trespasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thy is the kingdom....

Wait what am I typing self... Abeg no mind me oo... I love you all.

14 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by cenaman(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

I began the typing of this update since 11 days ago but since then I've been unable to complete it because of some overstressfull reasons. But thank goodness, I was able to sleep well this past two days and that was what prompted the updates you saw above.

Please always find it in your hearts to forgive me of my trespasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thy is the kingdom....

wey shango sef? Make I send am small message meet u.�����
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by onecornerboy(m): 9:20pm On May 02, 2019
finally was Theblessedman thanks for the update
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by OPC90(m): 9:45pm On May 02, 2019
Wow, My dear you are truly gifted... I can see a big war coming oh... A big thanks to you for the update.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by CaptnSelfless(m): 11:05pm On May 02, 2019
Yeeeeeessssss....
Finally... TBM....
Well,welcome back.......
Thanks for d update and delivering d update when people are starting to lose faith...

Worry not,cos We will forgive you ur trespasses as The Lord forgives us our trespasses... And He will lead us not into temptation Buh deliver us from all evil,For His is the kingdom, the power and the glo........
Wait,I am beginning to quote the Bible just like our Great Writer.... TBM....
Forgive me my trespasses ooooo

Lemme come and be going before I start quoting the Holy Bible again......

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

#CaptnSelfless

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 11:24pm On May 02, 2019
CaptnSelfless:
Yeeeeeessssss....
Finally... TBM....
Well,welcome back.......
Thanks for d update and delivering d update when people are starting to lose faith...

Worry not,cos We will forgive you ur trespasses as The Lord forgives us our trespasses... And He will lead us not into temptation Buh deliver us from all evil,For His is the kingdom, the power and the glo........
Wait,I am beginning to quote the Bible just like our Great Writer.... TBM....
Forgive me my trespasses ooooo

Lemme come and be going before I start quoting the Holy Bible again......

Kikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

#CaptnSelfless
savage.... Lemme guess you are somehow related to Tiwa Savage right?

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Kaycee9242(m): 9:10am On May 03, 2019
tbm well done
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by kennybelle: 10:01am On May 03, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

Thank you so much!

I was still angry even after the update, but this melted my heart. You're just so wonderful. You just always have a magical way to make someone smile grin grin grin. Amazing personality. May God continue to give you Wisdom

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Evold: 11:17am On May 03, 2019
I almost fell for lovelyns trick. Darous is smarter than me,so Bad
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by ztarlord(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2019
Man.......you are one of the G.O.A.T's of nairaland... ..
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by bossy512(f): 2:09pm On May 03, 2019
Thanks my man, always on point, good work. more wisdom
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by topedoski(m): 11:25pm On May 03, 2019
Who do u think he's visiting?

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 11:31pm On May 03, 2019
Hello Mr blessed man, I just read the new update of the Dog attendant. I like the way you bring about the twist of the story, it was awesome. I pray God bless you with more knowledge and understanding and make u great in life.

There is a lot of battle and wars in front of Darous but I know he would conquer and have a happy ending at last. I want Nike and Lewis to pay for everything they do to Darous because he didn't do any bad thing to either Doris, Joke and Nike. He only wanted his family to be happy and forget all the pain he have cause her and Joke too is a good lady that really love darous but Nike and Lewis manipulate her to suit there own selfish purpose. I want Joke to find out the truth about Nike and remoursefully return all assets of Darous to him and they should finally be together. And Nike and Lewis should pay and regret all there actions and Chioma should end up in prison paying for all her crime and Darous should be free of all charges and become a free man.

Posted as sent to me by Rasheed Akeusola who is finding it difficult to register on Nairaland. Thanks buddy for the subscription gift. I appreciate it a lot. God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by dawno2008(m): 12:22am On May 04, 2019
topedoski:
Who do u think he's visiting?

It could be anybody this TBM knows how to twist story jare

I can't come and kill myself with thinking

Weldone TheBlessedMan

3 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Rollins777(m): 6:33pm On May 05, 2019
Blessedman is jay bless
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by chioma8(f): 8:11pm On May 05, 2019
smiley smiley smileyAm back.....TBM doing what he knows how to do best....keep it up
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by topedoski(m): 9:53pm On May 05, 2019
dawno2008:

It could be anybody this TBM knows how to twist story jare

I can't come and kill myself with thinking

Weldone TheBlessedMan

Aswear Gan! Who know say darous go enter this kind level, darous wey just be Broke Bleep boy back den?

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by lambotee(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2019
Mr Darous Smartest
Greatest of all Time sir!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by EMPEROR48: 9:39am On May 06, 2019
For a whooping cash of over 2billion I can even send tugs to hell to rescue anyone held there that has access to the money....lols
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Augustine3950: 10:06pm On May 06, 2019
Time to pay therapist a visit
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Akinridez: 10:27pm On May 06, 2019
Patiently waiting �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.