Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,588 members, 7,770,533 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. (241207 Views)

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Vulcanheph(m): 11:20pm On May 06, 2019
TBM ....i hope Darous' endorsement deal with shango hasn't expired, because he will need his help ooo...
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Bestie93(m): 12:21am On May 07, 2019
Weldone Mr. Pls kindly update as soon as u can
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Pheobmax: 10:31am On May 07, 2019
Good Thing Though Is, Darous Is Not Dying From All These His Trivails... Nice Piece TBM!
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 11:20pm On May 07, 2019
Sad mood activated right now.....

My plan was to use the presumed winning morale of this night to type... But unfortunately, Fans proposes, Players supposes....

Please bear with me... Its hard on me.

NOTE; I DONT PLAY BET....

5 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by topedoski(m): 12:12am On May 08, 2019
We gatchuu
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Bestie93(m): 12:22am On May 08, 2019
TBM are you a F C Barcelona fan?
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by swiz123(m): 7:10am On May 08, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

My plan was to use the presumed winning morale of this night to type... But unfortunately, Fans proposes, Players supposes....

I perfectly understand bro. Believe me
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Adesina12: 9:17am On May 08, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:

Don't be sad bro.
You never win all the time
You remember Barca Vs PSG in the last season?
There is always another day
In Mo Salah slang ....Never give up
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by onecornerboy(m): 7:24pm On May 15, 2019
lord i pray this thread sud not be an abandoned project.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Haruspicy96(m): 5:48pm On May 16, 2019
TBM we have mourned d death of ur barca mind for so long. broda we no hear frm uh again. so so check we dey check dis thread everyday. abeg we dey thirsty. abeg no let sango disown uh oo

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:57pm On May 17, 2019
TheBlessedMan how much will it cost to get the full novel?
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by doctorexcel: 9:02pm On May 17, 2019
Sango man we still dey wait.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by omoola1122(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2019
onecornerboy:
lord i pray this thread sud not be an abandoned project.

u must be a prophet or prphetess because this is a vision
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Iphupa: 2:26pm On May 18, 2019
this story would finish by 2020...at this rate,I'd better check back December 2019..using your nokia c1,we had fast updates...
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by chibestjerry(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2019
Iphupa:
this story would finish by 2020...at this rate,I'd better check back December 2019..using your nokia c1,we had fast updates...
2020 that means we have hope na
i was reasoning 2023 after General election

Who knows he might suspend it if Yemi osinbande did not emerge president after all we are still mourning Barca Loss to Man u
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by chibestjerry(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2019
has somebody contacted him to know the problem
hope is everything alright with him
because the update is taking longer than expected
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:09pm On May 18, 2019
5. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T. D. A]

The time was 4:22am by the time I pulled over in front of the filling station situated along Apata there in the large city of Ibadan.

The reason why I stopped was because the rain was dropping heavily and water has started dominating the possession of the road.

I adjusted the seat of the car so I can relax well pending the time.
I had barely spent two seconds in my new posture when the memory of what happened hours ago began to highlight in my brain. The sudden death of Lovelyn still felt like an electric shock to me. I was finding it very difficult to come to terms with the ugly fact that another person had just died because of me.

'Why is it that everywhere I go, death usually follows?' I asked myself.

'Truly, Lovelyn played a larger role in her own death but must it be at my own expense? Cant she just find another time and place to die other than getting me involved?'

I held my head tightly as those thoughts continue to stream my troubled mind.

'Now her husband is after me. As if I don't already have enough problems to solve.. The police will soon be on my trail once the day breaks and my absence in the prison is known. They will instantly know that it was I that caused the chaos that happened few hours ago. The whole country will be searching for me.
The customs, police, army, soldier, Efcc, I.C.P.C, INEC, PHCN, NFL, airforce, waterforce, gaseousforce and spiritual force will all be on my trail. Ah, I'm now a fugitive because some sets of greedy individuals wants my money and last hope?.

Twenty four hours ago, I was snoring my life away under the roof of the Oba prison. Not in my wildest imaginations would I have ever thought that I will be in this kind of a mess in the next hours.

Darous, where did you took that costly wrong step that led you to this catastrophic junction? Where in your life did you got it soo wrong?' I queried myself while my teeths remained in a bitting relationship with my lower lips.

'Seriously, I miss those days. When I would wake up and the first thing that comes to mind is how to get to the soccer pitch very early so I can play the first set.

Days when merely starring at the big heap made up of my used clothes will be giving me ebolaristic headache.

Days when the journey to where to fetch water to bath is like a million kilometers to my then slouchy self.

Days when all the problem I had was to think of what to eat, what to wear and which party to attend. Days when my most concerns were plainly where to get a token of Hundred naira to watch a Chelsea match at the viewing center. Days when my concerns were where I would see hundred naira to recharge my line. Days when how to fucck Divatolas -my ex girlfriend- was the topmost of my priority. Honestly, I miss those days when I could visit any of my friends house to eat. Days when I can pick my phone to call my mum because I need Garri and rice and she would send them to me the following market day.

I thought being rich will be the solution to all my problems, I thought if I could just be like half of Dangote, all my problems would disappear...but little do I know that every status in life has its own equal problems.

In summary, I miss those days of being broke. Those days I used to complain about apparently turns out to be the most joyous days of my life, because those days were the only time I had peace of mind.

I continued to rant and rant for several minutes until...until...until... I said until I heard a knock on the glass window of the car I was inside.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:12pm On May 18, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T. D. A 5.

Without even bothering to check who it is, I opened the door and behold, staring at me with a blurry dark set of eyes was a man covered in grey hairs and white overall.

He beckoned to me to step outside. I obliged instantly and began to follow him in the direction he took.
The atmosphere was terrifyingly quiet. An angel seemed to have pacified the crying sky and it had stopped raining. What was left of it were mere hiccups of water.

We took some measurable steps forward on our nonstop walk before the man leading me away began to talk in a relatively calm voice.

"For the past four years, I have been forced to listen to your unending rants and complaints about how life has been treating you. What I don't really understand is how you possibly think the whole word revolves around you alone. What you fail to realise is that this life has got a lot of other things on its plate to handle than focusing all its attention on only you.

The fishes in the sea were living a fearless and peaceful life until the man that built the first ship was born. Likewise the birds in the sky and the animals in the forest.

You are already engaged to this life the moment you were born into it. You instantly become his wife. He fuucks everyone like you would Bleep your own wife whichever way you want. At times, he decides to fucck you with tender and care and also at times, he decides to go hard. You have no choice than to surrender your pusea to him. Not only you is facing the hardest dicck of life. There are thousand of other people out there that are facing what's a lot more worse than what your grumbling mind can ever comprehend."

"I stand to disagree with you sir... ". I countered the old man. "What I've faced this past years is more than what others experienced in three lifetimes. I can.... "

"You sure about that?" The man asked but he gave me no chance to reply before he suddenly grabbed my hand and said in a whisper. "Let me show you this...let me show you that life is what happens to you when you are busy on other plans..... ". Shortly after he said that, I suddenly found myself back inside the prison where I'd just escaped from. Fear quickly enveloped my heart as I starred at the arrays of fellow inmates snoring on the cold floor. Only that this part of the prison is not where I slept earlier.

Releasing my hand, the man stepped forward and stood in front of a light skinned man who had his head rested against the wall as he slept on. His face was covered in rough hairs and black stripes. Age and the man appeared to be at logger heads as wrinkles could be visibly seen on his facial outline.

"See this man here, " The old man began. His face still remained blurred as he speaks. "He his inside this wall for an offence he knew nothing about. As you see him, he became an orphan at the tender age of thirteen. His parents left him with absolutely nothing to live with. Still, despite the cruel treatments from his family, he still strived hard to graduate from the university. He sponsored himself all through to the graduation stage. He did a lot of menial jobs to finish his education.
Five years after graduating, he still remained jobless. Isn't that enough to start thinking of suicide? But no, he'd rather become a full time motor conductor. He spent another three years as a conductor until a near-life-claiming accident made him to resign. Yes, you heard that quite well. Now, let me tell you about the incident that led him here. After the conductor work, he looked for another means of survival. Unlike nowadays when there are lots of labour jobs to do to survive, back then in the early 2000, there is still little of those.

You know what he started doing?

He started selling pawpaw. Yes, pawpaw. He would pluck some pawpaw and sell it to a woman at a nearby mini market in his area. The woman pays him 4naira per one. So to eat a three square meal, he must pluck up to 12. You see how arduous that sounds? Still he never give up. Back to the incident that brought him here, on this fateful day, he was coming back from a small bush in a street far from his house where he had went to pluck the pawpaws. He had barely walked a few distance when one of the polythene bags he was carrying the pawpaw with busted. Thereby, sending four of the pawpaws rolling on the floor of the bushy walk way.

He had no choice than to look for another means to get his goods across to the woman.
Frantically, he searched around for another polythene bag and luckily for him, he saw one filled with refuse dumps sitting beside the fence of a duplex situated close to the road that links to the bushy walkway.

He approached the bag with the sole aim of pouring out the refuse but as he was about to do so, a security man suddenly ordered him to stop. Suprised, he looked at the approaching security man. The security man got to him and started accusing him of trying to dump refuse beside the fence of his boss house.

This man tendered his case and even told the security man to follow him to where his pawpaws were to prove his innocence but the security man would hear none of that.

One thing led to the other and people started gather around them. They asked this man to turn the polythene bag upside down so they could see what was inside it. The fear of getting a serious beating for an offence he knew nothing about made him succumb to their command.

This man received the greatest shock of his life when after turning the polythene bag upside down, the last things that dropped from it was too implicative. Two wards of five hundred naira notes and a pistol were the last things that fell from the bag after the few refuse on its top had dropped first.

You know, the police got involved and this man was arrested. They carried out investigations on the evidences and it was then that they found out that the same type of bullet that was used to assassinate a senator the previous week in that same street were the ones found inside the gun they retrieved from inside the polythene bag. The court sentenced this man to 34 years in jail based on the evidences found against him. All attempts to prove his innocence fell on deaf ear on. All his ambition, and aspiration and determination to become someone in life, all went into thin air because he was fuccked with the most hardest dicck of this life. 26years ago, he was striving to become someone, but unfortunately now, he could hardly recognise himself before a mirror.... "

9 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:15pm On May 18, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T. D. A 5.

At that junction, my eyes were already filled with emotional tears. Not even once have I ever thought that someone else could be passing through something more cruel than what I'm facing. I dropped to my knees and begin to sob quietly.

I was weeping profusely that I was bathed in my own tears. Reason why I was engaged in that mood was best known to me alone. I truly felt pity for this man before me.

"My child, now you see that this life isn't fair to all his wives. I can show you hundred of others like this man without having to go outside this prison yard but unfortunately, time isn't enough. And all of them are still striving hard to overcome the ugly challenges that this life is throwing at them. I want you to also join them in doing so.

Life is like a school. But the only difference is, in school, you learn before tests, while in life, you got to learn through the tests. How well you pass now depends on how much you've learn through each phases of those tests...

Before I go, let me give you two expos that can make you pass the tests of life.

No matter what, remain determined and resilient. Those two things are life's kryptonite.... "

The man finished talking and held my shoulder.
"Time is up. You should go now... "

The next thing that greeted my ears after the last words of the man were the noises of honking taxis.

My eyes flew open immediately. I was suprised to find myself still lying on the driver seat of the car. I glanced around and saw that I was blocking some cars from entering the filling station and a fuel attendant is already coming to accost me.

I didn't waste time to speed off from the spot.

I entered the center of Ibadan at exactly 7:25am. The heavy thoughts of what the elderly man said to me in my dream lingered in my mind as I drove the car on the road.

I decided to make a new plan. I decided that day to stop complaining about how life has been treating me. I decided to make best of the new opportunity I just found in this complicated freedom of mine. Not spiritually, I need to be born again.

I must get out of this country before two days time. I can't risk getting caught by the law enforcement agencies. That would be so catastrophic. It would be like fry pan to fire.

In order to get out of this country, I need to find a way to get my money from the bank, and to do that, I need the help of someone I can trust.

The only person that falls in that category is my therapist. Even though I don't know where she lives, she however remained the only person I can bet my life on. Apparently, the only problem I have now is how to contact her. Even if I get a phone, I don't even know her number off hand.

I continued driving with half mind as the other half of my mind was occupied with finding ways to solve my present predicament.

"What of Jide?" I suddenly said to myself as the name crept into my mind.

Wait, wait... I know what you want to say. You want to say "Darous, why Jide of all people remember how he betrayed you before? Or have your silly brain forgotten all the bad things he did to you in the past? Now you want to trust him with 2.5billion naira? "

I know that's what you want to say but please hold it... let me tell you why his name is even worthy of consideration.

"Truly, I don't fully trust him (like you've rightly said, at least not after everything he has done in the past that led me to this situation) but as it stands, he's the only one I know his number off hand, and again, he has proved himself to be a trusted ally each time he has paid me a visit in the prison. Not a single week has passed without him paying me a giftful visit in the prison.

He was the one that told me everything going on about Joke and his sister. He has been feeding me with a lot of information about them since I was locked up. He's the one that told me that Joke has left the city of Abeokuta and she now lives at one of my houses here in Ibadan which is where I'm heading now. If not for him, how would I know of that important info? Apart from that, remember how he helped me with Chioma? And the role he played in getting me and Joke back together? If all that are not enough to trust him a bit, then I'm sorry, you have to excuse me. I'm presently on the move, please make way for me... Thanks for your concern. Biko.

Let me test his loyalty with this 2.5million naira.

I concluded in my mind to trust him.

8 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:16pm On May 18, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T. D. A 5

To cut the long story short, I gave an elderly woman who was going to the market a lift. On the way, I played a cunning trick on her that made her offer me her phone. I called Jide and after all the expected noise of surprise, he agreed to help me out. We arranged everything perfectly on the phone after which I gave him my online banking ID and password to complete the transaction to his own account. He agreed to help me make arrangements on how to get to Malaysia once the day breaks well enough.

He knew what he was getting into. He knew its a lot of risk. He knew this could land him in big trouble once things go awol, but all the same, he still wanted to help.

So, that was how my 2.5billion naira ended up in Jide's account with the hope of getting it back once I'm about to leave the country in two days time.

"Where are you now going? " Jide asked me as I was about to end the call.

"To see my ex-wife before I leave." I replied him.

"For what? ". He queried.

"To claim my child... I can't leave this country without him... " I answered back.

He grumbled some words at me but I quickly ended the call.

Nothing can change my mind from seeing and taking my child away from that snitching b!tch.

I parked the car beside the roughy road of the other street before making my way to the next one where my house - which now belongs to my ex-wife - is located.

This place is one of the most remote places inside the city of Ibadan so you don't expect me to see many people on the street. The street was as empty as my brain was, when I sat for my first Waec exams.

I purposely built the one storey, four bedroom flat there for the main sake of getting safety from any enemy. But ironically, it's now a place where my enemies live. I know why Joke choose this particular house. Its probably to hide herself away from the wrath of my family members and friends that are looking for her. Only Jide, whom I told of where she may likely be, knows about her whereabouts. Others are still living with the believe that she had traveled back to the united states.

I was still clad in my white celestial garment which has underneath it my green prison vest and shorts.

The gate was closed by the time I sighted it from a few distance away. Technically, there is absolutely no way for me to get inside unless I knock the gate. But I can't do that. Not just yet. My plan is to get inside discreetly to confirm if my child is still living with Joke or he has travelled back to the states with Nike.

I pray to find him inside. Once I find him, then, I will know how to handle my ex-wife to make her release the child to me.

One of my prison mates have taught us how to mix a few quantity of garlic with a few salt and dettol to induce a lenghty hours of sleep on someone. So once she hands over the child to me, the next thing to do is to make her sleep for two days. By the time she wakes up, I would be out of the country. I just pray and hope to find her alone inside the house. My plan will go smoothly if I met her with only my child.

PERFECT PLAN.

I spent more than thirty minutes outside the gate, looking for means to get inside the house before I noticed that the gate was about to be opened.

I stood at alert immediately a car started approaching from the opposite direction of the road. It was a wine colored corolla sport. A padded one. I remained clueless as to who the owner is because the side glasses were tinted ones but I have one thing in my mind, to sneak inside once the car drives in. All I need to do is just to hide beside the car as it moves in. There's a flower plantation at the inner side of the fence that almost link to the main entrance of the house. So once I get myself inside, I will hide inside the flowers pending the time whoever is driving the car will spend outside.

That was my plan.

5 minutes later, I was still hiding behind the flowers because the person that drove the car is yet to get down. The person seemed very busy with some stuffs. The gate was already closed with the same remote control used in opening it.

I was getting increasingly uncomfortable inside the flower but I still managed to maintain my cool.

Shortly later, the front door of the house flew open. A very small figure appeared from there and started approaching the parked car. It wasn't until the figure got nearer to the car that my brain told me that that was my Chris. My now six years old son with Doris, Joke's mother.

The boy had grown very rapidly in size that you can easily mistake him for a ten year old boy.

Not fat but tall with a potential athletic body. Fair in complexion like me and also very hairy. He had on a purple Tom and Jerry top and short knickers. The dark curly low cut hair on his head is all the necessary X needed to complete the equation of his fine boy outlooks.

Seeing him again sent some sort of inexpressible feelings to my body. The boy is just too cute for me to do without.

Either by fire or by force, I must take him with me today. I prepared my mind for the task ahead as the door of the car opened and someone stepped outside of it.

That person? Was LEWIS. THE BRAIN BEHIND MY PRESENT PREDICAMENT.

T. B. C

12 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:33pm On May 18, 2019
Am glad... Seriously, I'm happy today after seeing all your comments guys.

It only means one thing... Seeing all your comments above made me realise how lucky I am that none of you know exactly where I live. Or else, the rate at which you for flog my childish brain back to common sense go pass be careful.

Initially, my sole plan was to suspend all typings till the end of this month because I thought it rightly so, but just last week end, I grabbed my phone again and started typing. You know why? Because I saw Lionel Messi back on the field.

I was thinking it would take him nothing less than two months to recover from that horrible exit from the champions league but he proved me wrong and that experience became an eye opener for me.

I realise that after all said and done, I still never grow up. Despite the fact that I will be 28 on the 29th of this month, its a pity that I still carry this kind of brain for head like mushroom umbrella.

If Leonel messi that has promised us that he would deliver the champions league can get back to doing what he knows how to do best, then who am I? A bloody son of thunder whose number starts from 081?

Well, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting guys. I'm ready to face whatever punishment you deem fit for me. But one thing I can promise you is that, it will never happen again.

So now that we are friends again, I think you guys should please help me and manage this gift.

Its T. D. A 6.

THANKS. THIS IS TO A FRESH START

18 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:38pm On May 18, 2019
6. THE DOG ATTENDANT. [T. D. A]

The betrayer adjusted the wrist watch in his hand as the approaching boy got closer to him. He dressed in a casual grey vest. He still carried around that oblong face he inherited from the devil.

From my vantage point, I could easily hear and see everything going on within the car area.

I rested my back against the wall of the fence behind me to make my posture a bit more comfortable.

I was still trying to recover from the shock of seeing Lewis in that house when what happened next nearly made me threw my plans in thin air.

"Morning Daddy Lewis, " I heard the boy's tiny voice greeting Lewis with a slight bow and a fright-filled voice.

Lewis first looked straight at the entrance of the house probably to check if anyone was coming. He returned his gaze to the boy and within the twinkle of an eye, sent a big slap to his face with an angry look.

The boy yelped in pain and so was I. It felt as if the slap had landed on my own face. Parental instinct kicked inside of me and I felt like rushing towards the scene to help the boy but strangely, something held me back. Something that wants me to be cautious.

"Haven't I told you not to ever call me your daddy again? Eh? Don't you know my sperm is smart enough to avoid producing a big bastard like you and your stup*d father. " Lewis grumbled at the little boy.

Those words got to the boy very hard and his willpower broke. He could handle the slap, but the abusive words of the psychotic mugu before him proved too much to handle for a little boy like him.

"Next time you try that nonsense with me, I'm going to rip your ugly face off and feed it to my Labrado.... You this.... "

"What is going on? ". That female voice that came from the entrance of the house interrupted the cruel words coming out of Lewis mouth. All the eyes inside the compound shifted there gazes towards the entrance at the sound of it.

Unlike Lewis who had on his face a sinister grin, mine and my son's face was filled with a different thing entirely. An expression of sorrow.

While my son's face still carried his weeping mood, mine clung to its distraught one as Joke, my ex-wife descended the stairs of the entrance and begin to approach the ground hosting Lewis and Chris.

Joke was clad in a sky blue sleeveless top that stops at her abdomen and a black tight jean trousers. She carried no make up on her confused face as she finally gets to where other males in the compound were standing.

I can't even begin to tell you how angry I was to see her on that day. The fact that she's even doing fine without caring about the awful plight she threw at me made me feel like smashing her face against a hot carburetor. But don't let me go into that now. Let me just leave my feelings aside and tell you how the events continue to unfold.

"Why are you crying Chris?, Have you disrespected daddy Lewis again? " Joke asked but the boy remained mute while his palm still connects with his cheeks. Chris choose to remain silent in that instance for reasons best known to him. I wonder why he kept mute when he could have just open up and tell Joke what happened.

"Don't mind him, he did what you told him not to do and I scolded him. He called me Uncle Lewis instead of Daddy, and.... "

"All liars shall go to hell... " The boy fired back as he continued to rub his cheeks.

"Keep your mouth shut! ". Joke snarled at the boy. "You don't talk to an elderly person that way. "

"mummy why? " The boy asked with a half-crying tone.

"Because he's old enough to be your father... "

A moment of silence twittered her words before the boy suddenly clasped his palms in the air.

"I know it....! " Chris cried out in a voice that portrays a little bit of excitement.

"Know what?... " Joke asked.

"My father can never beat me. But uncle Lewis will be beating someone all the time as if someone is speaking vanacular. He lie against me all the time. He tear my teddy and throw it inside the swimming pool and said I'm the one that throw it there. Mummy, I don't like him.... "

"I can't believe you are standing there and let this boy say all this rubbish against me... Joke? " Lewis groaned what seemed like a defence to me.

Joke first gave Lewis a cursory glance before she approached the boy, bent her posture to meet his height and stared him hard in the face.

"Chris, where did I tell you that all liars and stubborn boys will go?"

The boy first looked at Lewis before talking. "they will go where uncle Lewis is going... "

"And which place is that? ". Joke asked sarcastically.

"Hell...fire... ". Chris pronounced slowly.

Wait... I want to laugh.. Seriously I cant hold it anymore. I need to laugh at that. But its a pity I dare not try to laugh right now or everyone would know of my presence. But we can't just waste this moment like that. Maybe you should help me laugh that laughter. I will see you later.

"I'm out of here.... " Lewis suddenly said as Joke seemed to be pondering on a decision to make of the boy's comment.

"Wait Lewis, let me handle this please... ". Joke said as she grabs Lewis arm.

"What is the meaning if this?" He moaned after turning back to meet her face. How could you allow this boy to continue insulting me on daily basis. What wrong did I do to deserve this? I've been there for you all the time and this is how you repay me? "

"Lewis, Lewis, I'm sorry.... You know he's a small boy... " pleaded Joke with a soft tone replica to her usual bedroom voice.

"A small boy? " Lewis scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous. That spoilt brat knows more than his age and I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually ends up biting the fingers that fed him....after all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.. "

"I know you are angry... I understand.... Okay... Calm down... " she turned to the staring Chris and said. "See, I only told you to come outside and greet your daddy but see what you've done to him? You've made him angry.... ". She paused a bit and looked back at Lewis before she returned her look to Chris. "What are you suppose to do now? ". She asked the boy.

"Go inside and read my book so I don't make him angry again... "

Wait, who just said that? Tell me that's not coming from a 6years old boy.. Please someone should tell me not to scream out my excitement. Woooooooo..... I want to scream.... This boy keeps giving me more reasons to love him more. I must confess, I'm very much excited for seeing what I'm seeing in front of me.

11 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 18, 2019
Suspence man!! U have cum again. Great piece BTW.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by TheBlessedMAN: 10:44pm On May 18, 2019
CONTINUATION OF T. D. A 6.

This boy truly is from my sperm. No need of any D.N.A, when a Mental.N.A is right in front of me.

"So indirectly, you are saying you will rather be grounded than say sorry to daddy Lewis? Is that what you are trying to tell me?. " Joke stated after getting over the shock of Chris last words.

"But mum, you are the one that said I shouldn't tell people what I don't mean... "

Wow.... This is too much. Goddamn it, if not because I'm viewing from behind the flowers, I would have jumped ten thousand times to express the level of happiness I'm feeling inside. The kind of happiness this boy is giving me, I don't remember the last time I feel so happy like this.

"Go away!" A frustrated and angry Lewis thundered. "Go now or I'll smack your face... "

The boy refused to react to that order.

"are you deaf?" Lewis lashed out and made a furious attempt to slap him again but Joke quickly stepped in the way.

"Go upstairs and don't let me see your stubborn face until you are ready to apologise to daddy... Okay? ."

See this mumu girl, referring to Lewis as a daddy when the actual daddy is right there hiding behind the flowers.

The boy mumbled some words under his breath before he reluctantly turned around and walked straight to the entrance.

They both watch the boy go inside before they continued there conversation after some moments of silence. They sat on the seats of the driver side of the car and the back seat. So that way, I couldn't see their body language anymore but I could still hear clearly what they were saying.

The atmosphere was warming up to get sunny, but the cool breeze sweeping around the compound made it friendly to the skin.

They started by first tendering and accepting apologies for what Chris did. And I was already feeling a high level of pain in my ankle region and knee and I was preparing to sneak inside to get my task done before something that Lewis said caught my attention.

"I've got both good news and bad ones.. "

"Hmmmm..... "

"Which one do you want to hear first? " Lewis asked.

"How bad is the bad news... "

"You mean? "

"I mean is it bad enough to make me faint? "

"Funny... Well, I don't know o. It depends on how you take it sha.... "

"Okay... Go with the good news first. " Joke said after another moment of silence.

"Hun-hun... " Lewis cleared his throat. "Good news, your father is no longer searching for you.... "

"Really? ". Joke nearly screamed.

"Yes. I made sure my boys handled him well. "

"Did he returned the money? "

"Noooo. He would rather die than give up the money. He said those two houses your mother left behind belongs to him as her husband. We checked the documents and his name was truly written on it as the co-owner of those houses. Which is why he was able to sell them without anyone stopping him or asking questions."

"So, our house don go be that! " Lamented Joke with a strained voice.
"I'm sorry. You know I keep saying it, your mother made a great mistake. She should have removed his name on those documents immediately after the divorce. So that's still like a bad news but the good thing is, your father is not after you and your sister anymore. " He ended.

I couldn't see how Joke reacted to that but one could guess her mood with what she said next.

"So we can go back to living our lives in the city now? That's the only good thing that came out of all this trash... Right?"

"Unfortunately, not yet... "

" What again? Why can't we? Thought you said my father is the only one after me? " Joke moaned.

"Yes I did. But not after I discovered that Darous family are also searching for you... "

"Hun..... That's expected. I can handle them. So far they are not coming with guns and weapons like my father did..... "

"I know you can. But do you really know why I came here very early today? "

"I was planning to ask you that before all the trouble I met on seeing you."

"I think Darous is on his way here... ". Lewis dropped that like a heavy bomb and my heart produce a loud beat at the sound of that.

I swallowed hard as I strained my ear to listen clearly on their conversation.

"Wha... Wha...what are you talking about...? ". Stuttered Joke. It was evident that she was as shocked as me.

"You know I told you I've got eyes in the prison to keep me informed on his situation....? "

"Ehn-ehn" Joke replied with a tone that portrays anxiety and curiosity.

"one of them called me very early this morning to tell me that some people broke a prisoner out last night. He said the first person he looked out for this morning was Darous. Sadly, he was no where to be found. "

"I don't believe this... How can this be possible? Why is it not on the news already? Why would he even come here? "

"I think the prison commander knows about it. Or why would they hide it from the public?..... " Lewis said with a very worried tone.

There was a deafening silence in the whole compound after the last words of Lewis.

No need of telling you all about what I think at that moment, because in all honesty, I didn't even think about it. Like the words of the old man in my dream, "Life is what happens to you when you are busy on other plans. " Knowing life for what it is, I decided to not let it dissuade me on my plan to get out of that place with my child.

All I just need is to get inside and find the key to the small gate at the back of the compound and get my child and get out of the place once and for all. Convincing my child to follow me shouldn't be a hard thing to do, judging by what just happened moments ago in my presence. Truly, I had no specific plan on how to get him out without creating a scene but now, I'm more than convinced that he will follow me.

I surveyed the whole compound again as I prepared to embark on my task.

If not all the nooks, I think I still remember all the crannies of the house very well having spent more than three weeks there before.
I think I can still find my way around the
house without losing my way.

I raised my head up to see Joke and Lewis, fortunately for me, they were still sitting inside the car. They seemed to be lost in their own thoughts.

Carefully and cautiously, still on my bending posture, I changed my direction towards the entrance of the house with the aim of seizing the opportunity that Chris presented to me by leaving the door slightly ajar, to sneak inside unseen.

I took the first step still inside the flower area and paused to verify of the coast is clear for me to proceed. I got nothing. Encouraged to proceed, I took the next step, followed by another one, and another, and another one, and one again, still nothing,.

The entrance was now just a few steps away. All I just need to do is to get myself to the round pillar of the terrace and it will be very easier to get inside unseen.

I made the sign of cross, adjusted my garment so it doesn't hook any of the flower branch, checked where Joke and Lewis were sitting, seeing that they were still silent, I picked up in the speed of light and dashed towards the entrance. But as I was about to get behind the big round pillar, I stopped immediately when I hear Lewis say

"Who is there?"

OH LIFE! NOT AGAIN!...

T. B. C

@twitter, Darous_emmanuel.

Instagram@ darousmart.

Facebook page @ Darousmart Library.

WhatsApp at 08162128141

9 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Palmerbarry: 10:46pm On May 18, 2019
Nice one TBM
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by doctorexcel: 11:24pm On May 18, 2019
Omo olukoso, you are highly welcome back.
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by ClassicOG: 11:37pm On May 18, 2019
Finally
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by leosmaria(m): 11:42pm On May 18, 2019
I have been following this story since day one but this is my first comment. TBM, you are too good. Abeg when are you updating again
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Bestie93(m): 12:20am On May 19, 2019
Chie!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by omoola1122(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2019
TheBlessedMAN:
Am glad... Seriously, I'm happy today after seeing all your comments guys.

It only means one thing... Seeing all your comments above made me realise how lucky I am that none of you know exactly where I live. Or else, the rate at which you for flog my childish brain back to common sense go pass be careful.

Initially, my sole plan was to suspend all typings till the end of this month because I thought it rightly so, but just last week end, I grabbed my phone again and started typing. You know why? Because I saw Lionel Messi back on the field.

I was thinking it would take him nothing less than two months to recover from that horrible exit from the champions league but he proved me wrong and that experience became an eye opener for me.

I realise that after all said and done, I still never grow up. Despite the fact that I will be 28 on the 29th of this month, its a pity that I still carry this kind of brain for head like mushroom umbrella.

If Leonel messi that has promised us that he would deliver the champions league can get back to doing what he knows how to do best, then who am I? A bloody son of thunder whose number starts from 081?

Well, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting guys. I'm ready to face whatever punishment you deem fit for me. But one thing I can promise you is that, it will never happen again.

So now that we are friends again, I think you guys should please help me and manage this gift.

Its T. D. A 6.

THANKS. THIS IS TO A FRESH START

hmmmmm..... i dont kno what u barca fans believe about football; thats how one barca or messi fan that has football house in my area refused to show us ball after their galantly loose to liverpool.

even though i cant do anytin to football house owner but as for u TBM i kno this is sango season, his number alwz available now , just one mistake again...

u are pardon for now

2 Likes

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by purity23(f): 9:12am On May 19, 2019
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. by Evold: 10:08am On May 19, 2019
As a Liverpool fan I solemnly declare that we shall continue giving you pain until you learn to live with it.
We have also mastered the art of suffering with the suspense in your story. Can't Darous get his son in peace?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (42) (Reply)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / Iyawo Nylon Bag / HERO (A Violence, Mind Control And Sex Story) a story by Queenliz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.