Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections (58323 Views)

Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan / Ajimobi ‘Was Paid’ $10million To Drop Tegbe For Bayo Adelabu - Sahara Reporters / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Orpe7(m): 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:

Bro make we hook up for amala iya dunni so we go share chief number together
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by trevorhorace(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
So we should hold town hall meeting cos u ate amala.
Very soon you'll start fighting for amala allowance bill to be passed into law.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by natznext(m): 10:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
RockHard:
That is my favorite Amala joint in Ibadan. Their Amala really make sense.

Ya wrong!

It's number 1 in the whole wide world!

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by sgd: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
Well done. Staged image making thread
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by happney65: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
Bros forget it..He isnt humble one bit and he is even far more arrogant than Ajimobi..Although he is a great spender no doubt about that..However he lost basically because he was also arrogant and he did not carry his party members along when they imposed him on Joseph tegbe and others

2.The people of oyo state do not want to be slaves to Tinubu like lagosians and people of ogun state and co..If he claimed he lost because of Ajimobi,did PDP not win the Presidential election in Oyo state?He simply lost because we preferred Seyi makinde than him not because of anything.

3.Na because he lost the elections he decided to lay low and claim he does not go with a retinue of security aides..The first day I saw him in person was at Gbenga Adeyinka's laughmattaz 2017 and he came with a retinue of mopol..

4..Dude is rich no doubt about that..He owns the franchise for best western plus hotel Ibadan..The least room there goes for 40K and a host of other choice properties..but still he isnt as rich as Seyi Makinde who is into Oil and Gas

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by KenModi(m): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
He said on the phone that he would be there for 2 weeks only. To see his children. Is that bad? Family first!

While he must have paid some “Nigerian youths” back home to do some tins for him. His children are in the U.K....See im mouth!! Why dem no study for Nigeria if im na truly patrotic citizen. Polticians are all the same irrespective of the state, religion or political party.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2019
KenModi:

While he must have paid some “Nigerian youths” back home to do some tins for him. His children are in the U.K....See im mouth!! Why dem no study for Nigeria if im na truly patrotic citizen. Polticians are all the same irrespective of the state, religion or political party.
Think am now. A CBN deputy governor! He had the means even before contesting. It's the normal thing in Nigeria. You would do the same jare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Akolawole(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
You are talking about the 90s. In Ibadan right now, Sky Bank is the no1 Amala joint
In the 80's inastraight is No 1.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
sgd:
Well done. Staged image making thread
i assure you, it wasn't. If it was, I wouldn't have revealed his private conversation on the phone
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
Akolawole:

In the 80's inastraight is No 1.
Hmmmm. Akolawole. Long time oo

How'ya bro?
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Jaqenhghar: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2019
Fat pig
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Maydfourth: 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
All Na SAKAMANJE moves...He is still bitter...Where are his hangers on.....All vamoosed.....Back to reality...Jobless man.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by olufemi247(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated

Which year was that cos I passed out I IBBHS too(2000)

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Jobabori(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Sky Lolo, O see Olorun, Sky bank Bodija Ibadan, the land of Oluyole, I miss my Amala palace ooo.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by oochi123(f): 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
Husbandsnatcha, westaslaves, Amatarasha and Analqueenluci.. Food is ready.. I know you detest Amala so much.. Try taste it. The feeling is wow.iya Oyo in Wuye, Pls give us something tasty

4 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by 9gerian: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
A lot of people don’t know that it is considered a virtue when you are rich and quiet as a Yoruba.

Anybody remember the Panama offshore account leaks and the percentage of Yorubas on that list? About 75% imo. Sighs... it is not about beating chest o! Those that are big need not make noise...

maidstone:
You really don't know how rich some people are in this country. Trust me, you don't! Having 4 plots of land in Jericho alone will fetch you 200 million Naira. In that axis alone, this man has a hotel, a huge events hall and other properties. In that area alone, he is capable of raising 500 million Naira. I mean his worth there alone is close to a billion. What is left to reach a billion again? Go out more!

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by GENERALSEIFDAN1(m): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
This is great
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Buster22(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later

Na my area you mention so. Vertinary syd and uptown �
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Buster22:

Na my area you mention so. Vertinary syd and uptown �
grin

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Buster22(m): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
awelekiti:
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated

Baba Marindoti is dead since early 2000. He’s my grandpa

5 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by sameni123(m): 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Funny enough I just devoured a plate of amala with ewedu and chicken now ,my fav
Na idiot ajimobi cost this guy the gov election
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Buster22:

Baba Marindoti is dead since early 2000. He’s my grandpa
haaaaa. Baba niyen. It's been a while though. I remember phototek too in that area where we used to go take pictures and wash films . I doubt if it still exists. Good old days . Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
I went for my favourite Amala and Abula session at Skylolo, Sky Bank, Bodija, Ibadan. I made my order and thereafter sat down comfortably to devour my well garnished bowl of Amala delicacy.

Midway through my meal, a man joined the table and sat down directly opposite me, he was making a call and talking about travelling to the UK next week to spend time with his children. I looked up, and looked again, lo and behold, it was Chief Bayo Adelabu.

I couldn't believe it. I shrugged. "it can't be the man" - I confidently said to myself. I decided to look again and, this time, I was pretty convinced it was him. I then decided to bell the cat. I asked him without further hesitation: are you Chief Bayo Adelabu? He promptly said yes and nodded at the same time. I was taken aback, albeit pleasantly. I told him I was surprised to see him sit down with us in a Buka like that, without any security personnel milling around. He appeared so simple, so friendly and so pro-people. I told him right there that I couldn't believe the fact that I was sitting directly opposite a former CBN Deputy Governor, a billionaire and a man who had just lost the a keenly-contested governorship contest, barely a week ago. I enjoined him to keep it up.

That, with time, people will definitely take to him and his simple lifestyle. That the people already love him. That he lost the election for reasons that are not his fault in any way. At this stage, other revellers came close, hugged him, took pictures with him and wished him well in his future ambition. I was about to leave after all this when he pulled me back and asked for my phone number. Waoh! I was like "really"? Me? We immediately exchanged numbers.

Suffice it to say that this man is simple to his bone marrow. He is definitely a born leader. A man of the people without a hair of arrogance or greed. He is definitely one for the future. I am still surprised he was that simple and down to earth. I love him wholeheartedly. Kudos, sir!

Wow! What a write up? You killed it, you are damn too good bro, it won't be out of order say you are one of the very best. I wouldn't mind having your number too Sir. Meanwhile, I am not surprised about Adelabu, the man is a born leader, he lost majorly because of Ajimobi's factor

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Buster22(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
awelekiti:
haaaaa. Baba niyen. It's been a while though. I remember phototek too in that area where we used to go take pictures and wash films . I doubt if it still exists. Good old days . Cheers

Yeah. Phototek too no more functioning a log time ago. Are you talking about the one under 3 Storey building? Sade Eleja too Lol

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by leye4u: 10:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
Kobicove:

You people like to abuse the word " Billionaire".

The guy is wealthy I admit but he is nowhere near being a billionaire in the real sense of the word... undecided
You don't know him... Simple

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
He said on the phone that he would be there for 2 weeks only. To see his children. Is that bad? Family first!
where are ur own children
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
Buster22:

Yeah. Phototek too no more functioning a log time ago. Are you talking about the one under 3 Storey building? Sade Eleja too Lol
oh yeah. O ga oo. After I graduated, I got employed by a firm in lagos, that was actually what brought me to lagos after which I travelled for further studies overseas before I finally returned home to establish.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2019
Joromi12:
where are ur own children
grin grin grin
You this Joromi
You are still on this forum
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Buster22(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
awelekiti:
oh yeah. O ga oo. After I graduated, I got employed by a firm in lagos, that was actually what brought me to lagos after which I travelled for further studies overseas before I finally returned home to establish.

Wow! It nice meeting you sir. Wish you success in all your endeavor..

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
grin grin grin
You this Joromi
You are still on this forum
so adelabu sees uk as better for his kids yet u say na good man. Will he care about those in lautech when hin pikin dry uk

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Timbuktu14(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later
Ma straight not as cool as Sky lolo. Na straight na past glory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Akinwunmi Ambode's Swearing In As Lagos Governor / Tinubu, Orubebe Or Saraki: Who Rocked It (CCT) Best? / Pastor Adeboye Visits Yahaya Bello, Describes Him As 'A Man Of Faith' (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.