Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections (58322 Views)

Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan / Ajimobi ‘Was Paid’ $10million To Drop Tegbe For Bayo Adelabu - Sahara Reporters / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 7:13am On Mar 19, 2019
deenee:

He won't after state funds were used for his campaign and he is sure to get ministerial appointment. If na you will you be perturbed?
Abi oo grin
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 19, 2019
Mac2016:

I first ate at that joint sometimes in 97..Hehehehe. The amala No be here
woow. The 90s gang. I miss IB wella. grin
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 7:15am On Mar 19, 2019
bigtt76:
Vote for him una nor gree now you come de wash the man join sef cheesy ona bad eh! grin
grin cheesy
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2019
Bar1941:

FFO, that means you will know Iyaduni senior in Challenge, you will know the one formerly at Cathedral adjacent VC's office in U.I, you will know the one at Agbowo opposite Havanna, you will know the one at Orogun express...lols.
Haaa. Awon temi re ooo. Wa gbayi. Iyadunni in challenge, the one opp Texaco petrol station, by idayat hospital, where she later relocated . I dunno if the hospital still exists though grin that woman dey just build house kaakiri like birds. She's really successful in that business.

Why I really knew those joints was because of my wakawaka. I was a rep at one FMCG company in lagos so they later posted me to ibadan since I claimed I grew up there and I knew the terrain. Again, during my secondary school days at IBHS oke bola, we were always going to schools for football challenge. At times, we would trek, even though we had one jalopy school bus then. We just loved to trek and be chatting as we dey go, on our performance and mistakes after the match, you know dat kain tin grin it was fun. The one at orogun Express,haaaaa. I used to take a short cut beside orogun high school up the road, by my girlfriend's house that time her name is atinuke, from ogbomoso now in the States with family. Good old days . Nice day ahead bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 19, 2019
PurestBoy:

Marindoti still dey
Buster22 told me last night that baba marindoti was his grandpa and the man died early 2000s. Ibadan is really an amazing city. All the boys of that time are now great men, doing great in their various endeavour. Some don become grandpa sef grin. Especially some of my egbons wey dey university and ibapoly that time. The oyo state governor-elect , bros seyi as was fondly called that time, used to be a friend to one of them. I doubt if they still communicate now, except for reunion's sake these are contented guys who are players in our economy today. When boys are growing up, they dont even have an idea where God is taking them in future. They just flock together like birds. Thank God for life

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 19, 2019
PurestBoy:

Inastraight is living on past glory. Nothing special about it since the Alhaja died. Sky is overrated though
see life. You're right though because it's been a long while since I visited those places, more than 15 years now.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Adaji26(m): 8:53am On Mar 19, 2019
maidstone:

Omoh, this your head ehn.... See shape and size naw... Just be like Amala wey you go chop...
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by dhensity: 9:41am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later

Wow marindoti. U re a real mokola boy.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by figure007(m): 9:45am On Mar 19, 2019
RockHard:
That is my favorite Amala joint in Ibadan. Their Amala really make sense.
please give me the description of that location in bodija biko
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by dhensity: 9:46am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated

Lived in marindoti barbers building until they gave us quit notice about 10years ago. The building is now renovated and nice..used for rent also. Marindoti is no more though. It fell almost 20years now. Taken over by a photocopy shop. But his kids managed to get another smaller shop in one of this mokola streets. But the shop no dey move again. Everybody has moved on. However the name still stays and popular around that axis
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2019
dhensity:

Lived in marindoti barbers building until they gave us quit notice about 10years ago. The building is now renovated and nice..used for rent also. Marindoti is no more though. It fell almost 20years now. Taken over by a photocopy shop. But his kids managed to get another smaller shop in one of this mokola streets. But the shop no dey move again. Everybody has moved on. However the name still stays and popular around that axis
really? Wooow!
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 19, 2019
dhensity:

Wow marindoti. U re a real mokola boy.
lol. I be oke ado boy, imalenfalaafia, off ososami,close to college crescent, to be precise. grin but hardly would you mention a place in ibadan that I dont know.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2019
Adaji26:

Omoh, this your head ehn.... See shape and size naw... Just be like Amala wey you go chop...
lol
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by HomeOfMe(f): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later
My husband and his friends were always bragging about amala ina straight or whatever it's called and one day they took me there when we travelled to Ibadan. It was good though,but I still prefared amala shitta in surulere and amala ojowere at onipanu. I hate turning that thing,quite stressful.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 19, 2019
HomeOfMe:
My husband and his friends were always bragging about amala ina straight or whatever it's called and one day they took me there when we travelled to Ibadan. It was good though,but I still prefared amala shitta in surulere and amala ojowere at onipanu. I hate turning that thing,quite stressful.
lol. Amala and gbegiri with ewedu, mixed with slight egusi inside and visible locust bean...hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by ImaIma1(f): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2019
One of my regular joints then in IB...Skye Bank Bodija
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Amatarasha(f): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2019
oochi123:
Husbandsnatcha, westaslaves, Amatarasha and Analqueenluci.. Food is ready.. I know you detest Amala so much.. Try taste it. The feeling is wow.iya Oyo in Wuye, Pls give us something tasty
amala kwa
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by playboy19(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2019
Welcome to the world of PR. It always sounds real and objective. Billionaire eating in the Buka indeed. Whatever happened to all the luxurious restaurants in all his hotels? grin tongue
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
playboy19:
Welcome to the world of PR. It always sounds real and objective. Billionaire eating in the Buka indeed. Whatever happened to all the luxurious restaurants in all his hotels? grin tongue
lol
I was stunned too. We also left at the same time. He left in a brand new Toyota Camry. Only one car. He sat at the front with the driver who I think is his brother. No one else. I thought I would see at least 5 cars

He appeared well composed just a week after losing billions in the election
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Mhiztamurtala(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
Amala Sky, Bodija. I like that place die! Opposite Wema Bank.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by husbandsnatcha(f): 10:44pm On Mar 19, 2019
oochi123:
Husbandsnatcha, westaslaves, Amatarasha and Analqueenluci.. Food is ready.. I know you detest Amala so much.. Try taste it. The feeling is wow.iya Oyo in Wuye, Pls give us something tasty
my daughter ...ar u yoruba?
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by oochi123(f): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2019
husbandsnatcha:
my daughter ...ar u yoruba?
Lol..daughter kwa? I am idoma
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by heritplus: 1:15am On Mar 20, 2019
it's Orogun grammar school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Akinwunmi Ambode's Swearing In As Lagos Governor / Tinubu, Orubebe Or Saraki: Who Rocked It (CCT) Best? / Pastor Adeboye Visits Yahaya Bello, Describes Him As 'A Man Of Faith' (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.