Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections (58330 Views)

Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan / Ajimobi ‘Was Paid’ $10million To Drop Tegbe For Bayo Adelabu - Sahara Reporters / Who Is Bayo Adelabu Penkelemesi? Biography, Age, Oyo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by muyiwa22(m): 11:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
olufemi247:
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated

Which year was that cos I passed out I IBBHS too(2000)
all boys IBHS good old days
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Buster22:

Wow! It nice meeting you sir. Wish you success in all your endeavor..
thanks bro. All the best .

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Dontjay555: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
[/quote]
awelekiti:
thanks bro. All the best .
Ibadan people and amala. [quote author=awelekiti post=76775096] please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by shegra58: 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
He didn't even look perturbed like a man who had just lost an election
Not everybody be like Atiku grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
I went for my favourite Amala and Abula session at Skylolo, Sky Bank, Bodija, Ibadan. I made my order and thereafter sat down comfortably to devour my well garnished bowl of Amala delicacy.

Midway through my meal, a man joined the table and sat down directly opposite me, he was making a call and talking about travelling to the UK next week to spend time with his children. I looked up, and looked again, lo and behold, it was Chief Bayo Adelabu.

I couldn't believe it. I shrugged. "it can't be the man" - I confidently said to myself. I decided to look again and, this time, I was pretty convinced it was him. I then decided to bell the cat. I asked him without further hesitation: are you Chief Bayo Adelabu? He promptly said yes and nodded at the same time. I was taken aback, albeit pleasantly. I told him I was surprised to see him sit down with us in a Buka like that, without any security personnel milling around. He appeared so simple, so friendly and so pro-people. I told him right there that I couldn't believe the fact that I was sitting directly opposite a former CBN Deputy Governor, a billionaire and a man who had just lost the a keenly-contested governorship contest, barely a week ago. I enjoined him to keep it up.

That, with time, people will definitely take to him and his simple lifestyle. That the people already love him. That he lost the election for reasons that are not his fault in any way. At this stage, other revellers came close, hugged him, took pictures with him and wished him well in his future ambition. I was about to leave after all this when he pulled me back and asked for my phone number. Waoh! I was like "really"? Me? We immediately exchanged numbers.

Suffice it to say that this man is simple to his bone marrow. He is definitely a born leader. A man of the people without a hair of arrogance or greed. He is definitely one for the future. I am still surprised he was that simple and down to earth. I love him wholeheartedly. Kudos, sir!
Narration is ok but it was erroneous mentioning his travel plan even if you overheard it. He didn't tell you himself you eavedropped. He didn't tell you to tell us you 'snitched'.
Did you just risk his trip. Capital YES. Do I blame you NO why? because you were excited and that is the limit of your safety knowledge.Finally you meant no harm.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by sweetTai(m): 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2019
Which one is Adelabu, the one in cap or the one without cap??
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
DSDLIVEREPORT:
Narration is ok but it was erroneous mentioning his travel plan even if you overheard it. He didn't tell you himself you eavedropped. He didn't tell you to tell us you 'snitched'.
Did you just risk his trip. Capital YES. Do I blame you NO why? because you were excited and that is the limit of your safety knowledge.Finally you meant no harm.
Maybe I should remove that part? I mean no harm at all. I was just excited and felt like sharing all

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by DSDLIVEREPORT: 11:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
maidstone:
Maybe I should remove that part? I mean no harm at all. I was just excited and felt like sharing all
God bless you Bro. Respect.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by adekS1(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2019
but wait o... dnt give me garri here oo... that he decided to go n eat in a restaurant without security u av already started describing him as being humble, kind, gentle n wat have you...
hmmm... but if u ask me sincerely i dnt see anytin spectacular in wat he did, he only came to enjoy himsef as he know he might not such food in that manner in uk n there u r celebrating him. nigerians sha, na we ourselves b naija prob.
Tell adelabu if he likes he shd go n sit in uk n come bck as usual months to election he will still lose the election again... let him know ppl are getting wiser now

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by bendike: 12:09am On Mar 19, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Afonjas and amala
I be Lagos omo Ibo. If I no eat amala with gbegiri and awedu garnished with ogufe, roundabout, amo, edoh, fukun, Eron gidi 4 times a week I no go feel OK. grin

3 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by AnalQueenluci: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2019
oochi123:
Husbandsnatcha, westaslaves, Amatarasha and Analqueenluci.. Food is ready.. I know you detest Amala so much.. Try taste it. The feeling is wow.iya Oyo in Wuye, Pls give us something tasty
Am alien to lagos issues
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by ordovicianonly(f): 1:18am On Mar 19, 2019
This is SAKAMANJE Awo TULEMANIA . BOth of you areFr FRIENDS �. I SEE POLITRICKS HERE
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by gafsal: 1:52am On Mar 19, 2019
[quote author=maidstone post=76774480]He didn't even look perturbed like a man who had just lost an election..

he even celebrated last week that though he lost election but nobody died from his camp or team which I was invited.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by PurestBoy(m): 2:34am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later
Inastraight is living on past glory. Nothing special about it since the Alhaja died. Sky is overrated though

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by PurestBoy(m): 2:40am On Mar 19, 2019
happney65:
Bros forget it..He isnt humble one bit and he is even far more arrogant than Ajimobi..Although he is a great spender no doubt about that..However he lost basically because he was also arrogant and he did not carry his party members along when they imposed him on Joseph tegbe and others

2.The people of oyo state do not want to be slaves to Tinubu like lagosians and people of ogun state and co..If he claimed he lost because of Ajimobi,did PDP not win the Presidential election in Oyo state?He simply lost because we preferred Seyi makinde than him not because of anything.

3.Na because he lost the elections he decided to lay low and claim he does not go with a retinue of security aides..The first day I saw him in person was at Gbenga Adeyinka's laughmattaz 2017 and he came with a retinue of mopol..

4..Dude is rich no doubt about that..He owns the franchise for best western plus hotel Ibadan..The least room there goes for 40K and a host of other choice properties..but still he isnt as rich as Seyi Makinde who is into Oil and Gas
He owns Base1 too
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by PurestBoy(m): 2:43am On Mar 19, 2019
maidstone:
You are talking about the 90s. In Ibadan right now, Sky Bank is the no1 Amala joint

Pls tell him, Inastraight is past glory, the where the best in early 90s. There's one in Molete which I'll choose over Inastraight
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by PurestBoy(m): 2:45am On Mar 19, 2019
babythug:

I’ve also heard that he’s quite unlike Nigerian politicians in this regard . Though it was atttibuted to his “stinginess”( permit me). Once cash isn’t free flowing the crowd won’t flock round a politician

He actually spent more than Seyi,
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by PurestBoy(m): 2:48am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the
90s until late 90s when I relocated

Marindoti still dey

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Pappyjim: 2:53am On Mar 19, 2019
The man is humble and jokes with people, whenever im in ibadan i take a visit to his palatial hotel/hangout joint around Jericho off magazine road will tell you more! Bad mouthed Gov Ajimobi ruined his chances of becoming the Governor of oyo state.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Joe88(m): 3:07am On Mar 19, 2019
When I see people over excited about meeting a public figure, one thing comes to my mind "inferiority complex". There is nothing special about meeting a fellow man who did nothing tangible to help the impoverished people of this country including the OP. He had his family relocate to a developed clime, that should ring a bell.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Bar1941(m): 3:26am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
please try it out. It's been in existence since 80s. I know the skyebank bodija amala joint too. Its formerly cooperative bank amala joint. I know virtually all the amala joints in ibadan, including the one at iwo road grin. In fact, during my secondary school days. My friends and I would leave IBBHS at oke bola for ina straight at mokola to eat amala. Do you know marindoti barbers? Dunno if the man is still around cos it's a long time I visited the place. I had a sister schooling at St. Louis mokola area then. Gone are the days...so hard to turn back the hands of time...all happened in the 90s until late 90s when I relocated

FFO, that means you will know Iyaduni senior in Challenge, you will know the one formerly at Cathedral adjacent VC's office in U.I, you will know the one at Agbowo opposite Havanna, you will know the one at Orogun express...lols.
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:17am On Mar 19, 2019
angry See his Amala Head
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by bigtt76(f): 5:26am On Mar 19, 2019
Vote for him una nor gree now you come de wash the man join sef cheesy ona bad eh! grin
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by umarsule885(m): 5:40am On Mar 19, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Afonjas and amala
Hausa and Tuwo, Igbo and Akpu, Urhorbo and eba, nupe and water water soup.. Lol
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Mac2016(m): 5:41am On Mar 19, 2019
awelekiti:
I bet you've never tasted amala at Na Straight, Mokola not far from marindoti barber's area in ibadan. Visit there and thank me later
I first ate at that joint sometimes in 97..Hehehehe. The amala No be here
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by GEEBITE: 5:50am On Mar 19, 2019
Welldone hypeman,proud and happy to declare a former CBN deputy governor a billionaire.The sign of everything wrong with Nigeria.
maidstone:
I went for my favourite Amala and Abula session at Skylolo, Sky Bank, Bodija, Ibadan. I made my order and thereafter sat down comfortably to devour my well garnished bowl of Amala delicacy.

Midway through my meal, a man joined the table and sat down directly opposite me, he was making a call and talking about travelling to the UK next week to spend time with his children. I looked up, and looked again, lo and behold, it was Chief Bayo Adelabu.

I couldn't believe it. I shrugged. "it can't be the man" - I confidently said to myself. I decided to look again and, this time, I was pretty convinced it was him. I then decided to bell the cat. I asked him without further hesitation: are you Chief Bayo Adelabu? He promptly said yes and nodded at the same time. I was taken aback, albeit pleasantly. I told him I was surprised to see him sit down with us in a Buka like that, without any security personnel milling around. He appeared so simple, so friendly and so pro-people. I told him right there that I couldn't believe the fact that I was sitting directly opposite a former CBN Deputy Governor, a billionaire and a man who had just lost the a keenly-contested governorship contest, barely a week ago. I enjoined him to keep it up.

That, with time, people will definitely take to him and his simple lifestyle. That the people already love him. That he lost the election for reasons that are not his fault in any way. At this stage, other revellers came close, hugged him, took pictures with him and wished him well in his future ambition. I was about to leave after all this when he pulled me back and asked for my phone number. Waoh! I was like "really"? Me? We immediately exchanged numbers.

Suffice it to say that this man is simple to his bone marrow. He is definitely a born leader. A man of the people without a hair of arrogance or greed. He is definitely one for the future. I am still surprised he was that simple and down to earth. I love him wholeheartedly. Kudos, sir!

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by Boyooosa(m): 6:48am On Mar 19, 2019
Una wan start amala politics in Oyo state again ba?

Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
GEEBITE:
Welldone hypeman,proud and happy to declare a former CBN deputy governor a billionaire.The sign of everything wrong with Nigeria.
You have a point. But I'm not EFCC. I simply stated that he is rich
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by deenee: 7:13am On Mar 19, 2019
maidstone:
He didn't even look perturbed like a man who had just lost an election

He won't afterall state funds were used for his campaign and he is sure to get ministerial appointment. If na you will you be perturbed?
Re: Bayo Adelabu Enjoying A Bowl Of Amala After Elections by maidstone: 7:13am On Mar 19, 2019
Boyooosa:
Una wan start amala politics in Oyo state again ba?
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Yahaya Bello, Describes Him As 'A Man Of Faith' (Pictures) / Photo of Buhari Watching Super Eagles Vs Burundi Match / Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Jonathan Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.