Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,988 members, 7,825,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? (48486 Views)

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Divinehenrich(m): 10:16am On Mar 23, 2019
Oga, there are some people that there conscience is dead.
Offpoint1:
Food is the least thing I'll ever deny anyone. Like my grandfather always said to me "Offpoint no matter how full you are, you'll still be hungry in 5 hours time, so give that food to your brother"

I don't think there's any reasonable human being that will come to your house everyday just to eat, His conscience will not allow that.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 23, 2019
Adexandsmile:
If u have the money to take care of both of u continue but if truly u can't cope,when not use style to tell him,but u will also pay for it too,u will stop cooking and be eaten outside now ask him to give u money to cook for both of u at least u eat here in most case and if u can not give me money now,if I eventually got my money from my parents I will not give u food again because is because of u am going through this hunger strike
Take care of both them? Is op d guy's fada? Op should lock up. Atleast if d guy had sense, it would have been better.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by manlawal(m): 10:18am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.
Prepare a food for him alone put purging tablet like 10 then invite him to eat , if he continue to purge for a week he will not come again.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by chinazagrace: 10:19am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around

Monitoring spirit
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by encryptjay(m): 10:19am On Mar 23, 2019
lordswill03:
Meanwhile, it was my boys birthday yesterday. Please show us some love
Belated happy birthday to your star boys
May God continue to bless them
They'll grow to be great men.
And God bless you and your wife for the love and care you've given these boys.
God bless the entire family boss.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by mosedgreat(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2019
My guy listen to me. Quickly run to the nearest MFM. Let them conduct deliverance on you. Your friend has just turn you to a mugu and you don't have power again to fight back.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Elliot2(m): 10:20am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around
My igbo friend Okafor taught me how to deal with such people. Don't wait for him to ask you if you have money or food, immediately u sight him coming towards you,increase ur pace to meet up with him. Don't allow him to talk first o. Keep ur face like u r in urgent need of cash or food, and then ask him if he could help u with food or cash( for d cash call an amount u know he can't afford;tell him u will pay back). Look,when he says he doesn't have,he won't ask u either. Do that whenever he comes around until he gets tired of u. #Okafor issa goal. Igbo Amaka for life.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2019
Sit him down and talk.to his sense. He's playing smart but he's wicked. You need to distant yourself from ppl like that.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by chinazagrace: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2019
since you cant tell the bros no: Do you know his house? If you do it's time to pay him pay in his own coin. go and greet him for one weekend. time your visit well o. in short pack your things and go to his place. 2 can play that game.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.

Am so good at saying No to d extent that my pals start asking for the right stuff.

Them no born you well if you think you can take advantage of me like that. If I help you with money once & you refused to pay back or delay on payment, TRUST ME, NEXT TIME EVEN IF YOU ARE about to die & NEED MONEY, I WILL USED THE MONEY TO wipe my own ass instead of giving you even a penny.

LEARN TO SAY NO!! WHILE SMILING

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by handsomebanana(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2019
Elliot2:
Kpele. I had same issue while in school: my roommate n neighbour finished my life eh. all my 40k a month was for them. the annoying part was that I was the one cooking and also washing the dishes. Was too shy to say no to their bullshit,and when it got to my neck I had to vent my anger. Do you know what my roomie said to me? "na you feed me from when them born me? me wey just dey manage ur food wey dey always purge my belle". I moved out immediately and stayed on my own,and promised myself I will never do good that will hurt me. The Bible said love ur neighbor as thyself. Look,I no fit love u without loving myself and sanity.

Na ur own worse pass.
U dey shy for ur money.
U go cook, wash plate.

U tel d guy off, e dey tell word, u no change am for am back.
Lol

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2019
I have been in a similar situation before actually quite recently, there is this guy in my neighborhood, I had helped him with some cash lol the guy took it as an avenue to keep asking me, I wouldn't call it extortion though no but, he kept asking every week unfortunately I am the guy who doesn't know-how to say no easily just I am guessing you are, to me it's an act of kindness which was now telling on me, he just seems to know when I have money making it hard for me to not give in.
I understand how you feeling, you're not a fool nor a coward, you're brave to be sincere, but I need you to do this;

1. you have to ensure he is not playing a wise one on you as it was my case , if he is sincere about the fact that he has nothing then here is what you do.

call him and talk with him, explain to him how things are with you, let him know if he has to continue then let him find a way to support his feeding, at least he should be able to make some steps to help himself , it's unfair as much as it sounds as the good thing to do for you to be feeding him continuously , tell him you really don't have much (am guessing both of you are students) let him know that clearly.

If he is going to be asking you for money and you can't refuse do this;

1.tell him you have nothing (this one I did it often) left the hard explain situation you are in.

or
2. if you have much then do this, give him little that you know even without him paying back wont affect your bills.

Cook less too but honestly you should talk to him, sincerely you don't have to be angry or scared, he is a guy he should understand if he Is sensible, just let him know you are just managing, let him know you don't have much , don't be discouraged to help bro, I know if you had more you won't be complaining in the first place, God bless your actions.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Chuksmonika(m): 10:24am On Mar 23, 2019
bro,try use your head oo,some people are just like that,always have this joy chooping from another person pocket with reckless abandon,I for one cannot displease myself to please others,That much my brother and friend Antiriot can attest to

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Simple

call him early in the morning on the phone, and ask him to.lend you 10k that it's for an emergency, trust me he will say he doesn't have , then immediately ask him how much he has if 10k is too much , he will repeat again he doesn't have now say guy please this is life and death can I at least get 5k, don't wait for him to answer tell him you need it in two days time , he will say he isn't promising but let him see what he can do.

He will start avoiding you.

Follow this advice

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by lele007: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
Which I don't know how to tell him no.

Forget long story this is your problem here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by bigcee(m): 10:26am On Mar 23, 2019
domination:
just dish out food and put plenty salt in it, I mean plenty salt, do it one, two, three times, then he will understand you are doing it on purpose, it's better than serving with hateful mind
Lwkmd grin
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 23, 2019
lordswill03:
Meanwhile, it was my boys birthday yesterday. Please show us some love

May the grow to be a blessing to you, your family & themselves. Amen

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by doctorregular1(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2019
Try to stage a quarrel or sth.... He wont show up @ ur place again . If u r too afraid of this, whenever u cook make it known to me him that it is ur morning, afternoon and night food and that u can't afford to give it out... Learn how to be selectively stingy if not he will take u for a FOOL. He is exploiting u since u r the Mr. Nice guy.

He is saving his money to get watch, shoes and other stuffs. Why u taking care of his food bills

ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Mike008(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2019
Beyond food. I think the guy likes you and wanna be your friend. grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 10:34am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Your parents send #10000 every 3weeks and that is small? what should someone like me who gets #5000 every month and would have to spend almost #400 to get to school everyday say?

Back to your question, you just have to tell him politely if you don't want him to feel somehow.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by IbrahimDamola: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

Oh... He landed like a vulture. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by doctorregular1(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2019
Try to stage a quarrel or sth.... He wont show up @ ur place again . If u r too afraid of this, whenever u cook make it known to me him that it is ur morning, afternoon and night food and that u can't afford to give it out... Learn how to be selectively stingy if not he will take u for a FOOL. He is exploiting u since u r the Mr. Nice guy.

He is saving his money to get watch, shoes and other stuffs. Why u taking care of his food bills

mrpoul:

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tciro: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2019
Op u just make I rem one of my course mate the guy, after lectures like these , this guy go quickly go room change then stand for passage Dey form listening to music opposite my door , for him to comot na lie e fit patrol like say something lost immediately e see sign of food like this na now he rem to discuss topic wey we do for lecture hall with unnecessary gist alongside chopping my food. Sometimes I fit put little on top plate make we first chop that one hoping for him to go Omo na lie oh this guy was just a pest but until I change my hostel

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by lamalwhi4u(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2019
There are two things involve Bro! If you are capable of feeding him just continues. You will never do it vain.. But if you're not capable of doing it anymore. Tell him you didn't have food in the house and visit him before visit you. And watch his reaction. Then you judge after that..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by michaelbelgium(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2019
The guy man don open office for ya head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by karbarsar(m): 10:38am On Mar 23, 2019
[quote author=linearity post=76870144]

Don’t forget that, that same Bible says ‘fools and their money will soon part ways’

Since you don't have the courage to tell him to his face that you're fed up of him being over fed by your meal. You can try sending him a text message, WhatsApp message, PM him on Instagram or open nairaland on his phone and let Jim read this post. Shikena!

In other news, today is my ex girlfriend's best friend sisters birthday. Happy Birthday to her. Like penalty wey nor score... I miss you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Marthaodion(f): 10:38am On Mar 23, 2019
LiveByNight:
Simple

call him early in the morning on the phone, and ask him to.lend you 10k that it's for an emergency, trust me he will say he doesn't have , then immediately ask him how much he has if 10k is too much , he will repeat again he doesn't have now say guy please this is life and death can I at least get 5k, don't wait for him to answer tell him you need it in two days time , he will say he isn't promising but let him see what he can do.

He will start avoiding you

I think this should work

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by oluwaahmed: 10:38am On Mar 23, 2019
When next u seen him, hail him well then tell him to borrow u some money that u haven't eaten in two days. Believe me he will stop asking u for chow

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Chuksmonika(m): 10:40am On Mar 23, 2019
edebemba:

Anyone telling you to pursue or to stop giving him food is deceiving you. Please, if God gives you the opportunity to feed him, go ahead and feed him. You never can tell how tomorrow may be. He may be in a position to help you tomorrow. Gcd works in mysterious ways that we hardly understand.
bros with all due respect,what are you saying,didnt you see where OP said when he got his own money he used it to buy watch,so his own money is only good for watch not to buy food stuffs,talk of misplaced priority,But OP own is good to use and prepare food,well sha people like OP friend plenty

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tunize(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I had similar case like u then. Sit the guy down tell him straigt sey as e take be student na so u self be student simple. This life you can nvr do yes all ur life sometimes let ppl know u with no too.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by crixlight2(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

Then poison him , remember that Yoruba adage , those who don’t want you to belleful , you will remove their yeye hands comot plate. Evil Genius
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Mydazz(m): 10:43am On Mar 23, 2019
If the guy never chop you join the food, e go soon happen,........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.