Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? (48492 Views)

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Timisamd(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.

Use selectivity
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by philip0906(m): 11:50am On Mar 23, 2019
annyberry:
Could remember wen i still dey skool wey won idiot try fis nonsense wit me,e own b say make i buy provision cos he help me explain one course i let am know say d one e teach me dey evn give me headache.......nobody tell am make e find e square root...........U better stand up to him a tell him No cant displs mysef to pls anoda,skool matter wey everybody dey manage if i wanna give u my food it must b from my heart and not ur right,i go evn cook d food for ur front ,off my gas lock my door comot witout looking back...so better wise up.
Your own case different madam...Na una way: use guyman head finish, come dey yarn opata
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by irumole1975: 11:50am On Mar 23, 2019
Most people commenting here, and the op lack common sense, Includingm me
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Fantazy(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around

LoL
that means ur village people might have captured u. pray against it.
then open ur mouth and tell him NO FOOD whenever he comes

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by echibuogwu(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2019
YOUNGEBEN91:

Your parents send #10000 every 3weeks and that is small? what should someone like me who gets #5000 every month and would have to spend almost #400 to get to school everyday say?

Back to your question, you just have to tell him politely if you don't want him to feel somehow.
guy just advice him and leave. Nobody told u to start telling us ur family problems. If u no Dey ok with the 5k den go and hustle.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Bobnotrouble: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2019
Feel free to free yourself!
He might be seeing you as a suckerpunch!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Elliot2(m): 11:58am On Mar 23, 2019
handsomebanana:

Lol
E be like say u reach well well
nah, small dough been dey enter hand through scholarships.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tomju(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Send him a text, guy see I am struggling I can't continue helping you every time. Sometimes, you too should assist me. You get food for house? Make I come eat? The message has been passed. The last line is to condition his mind that you're still friends, meanwhile you've passed the message.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Tony142: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Simple

call him early in the morning on the phone, and ask him to.lend you 10k that it's for an emergency, trust me he will say he doesn't have , then immediately ask him how much he has if 10k is too much , he will repeat again he doesn't have now say guy please this is life and death can I at least get 5k, don't wait for him to answer tell him you need it in two days time , he will say he isn't promising but let him see what he can do.

He will start avoiding you.

Follow this advice

Lol, u are smart , is like I go borrow ur brain take write exams next week oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have,
for some weeks now

but today that I just cook and was hoping the food will take me up to 2 days he just come around

It is simple, sit him down and tell him exactly how you feel. You have budget to lived on and over extension will strain your school life. Used big English finish am. All opportunist knew they are taking advantage of other, but they don't see it as bad but their luck. I have one staying with me over three month, like to eat the same way as I do (even if twice from the pot, he'll do same) he has no job yet, but more worried about girlfriend than his accommodation. I have to stop buying bulk food stuff.

Another way,
Like your friend who eat your food, next time you can not afford to give him tell him that you had plan for whatever remaining in pot. Offer him garri instead, at least you have helped a little bit

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Tony142: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
leonard002:
Being too nice, doesn't quite help.

Here read this. Contact me for a copy

Pls I need it sir, omoanthony98@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
Put Rat poison in the food and give him, simple!

Thank me later. Don't forget to invite me to his Funeral.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by bluefilm: 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2019
A lot of people here are cowards including the op.

Nonsense sad

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
Just move out from the area. good luck.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Favmil101(m): 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.
be avoiding him somehow.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Shaev7(m): 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage
hahahaha Best comment here

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by olabisiolaniyi3: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

bro in school it's either you are using somebody or you are been used. Truly I don't know how you manage to survive in school without a self will, sometimes you stay in your room and open your door to any body

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by annyberry: 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2019
philip0906:

Your own case different madam...Na una way: use guyman head finish, come dey yarn opata
No i for carry am go shoprite,after recharging his phone jus dat day he assisted me........no i for carry am go carbury

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Protagonist(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
badadvice:
See this one!.
Better 3weeks hunger never hold you na im make you no fit tell am no.
Well i'll advise you buy him a house and equip the kitchen with food stuffs and kitchen utensils.
That way, he wont come over tto your house to eat again.

Why am I having this strange feeling that you're the GUY @Op is talking about. �����

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Kyrx(m): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
OKOATA:
grin This guy make me remember AY, you no go see AY when you de cook but once you won serve like this AY go show. He will not even wait for you to call him to join, he will just wash his hand and start to de chop my eba and okro soup. I began to wonder maybe he has a guardian angel who informs him..

This also reminds me of a classmate back then in a state College, we used to gather items and ingredients then to cook then due to the quality of the foods we were been given in the Dinning Hall which many of us detested. So when going through the stress of cooking and all, my guy would not show at all, but when its time to dish the food, my guy would show up and positioned himself at the forefront of dishing.

It was very funny then because no matter where you hide to cook, he would always show up at the point of dishing.

@Mrpoul, you see anything you have the capacity to help your BROTHERS with without having a repercussions on you, please do it without expecting a reward, in other words, if feeding him occasionally doesn't bears a large weight you can't stand on your pocket, please do, and if it does, then you have to let him know that you won't be able to continue giving him your food. Its not a crime, just be bold about it.

I'm having similar situations like yours, its just that for me it has turned a norm which I'm always happy doing, I'm not rich at all. It just gives me joy giving out my belongings without expecting anything in return.

You can as well teach him other aspect of life as he had helped you with your academic, like money management, prudence, self consciousness etc I believed that you guys are friends now.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Boyooosa(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
nuelyoyo:
did you even read the write up? The guy coming to his house to eat got some money and used it to buy fancy wrist watch. And you are here talking about asiri bibo. Help is meant for people who are genuinely in need, not people trying to exploit other people's good gestures.
Honestly, i did not read that part. And it was because i got voted at a point and just went ahead with my advice based on the emphasis laid on food and eat.
Well, I consider it to be one sided story, may be we balance it if we can access the other side in fairness to the unknown.
Ordinarily. I find it difficult to beliece that a hungry man will be exploiting money to buy wrist watch. Then, if it breaks the rule of logic, I blame the op again, for being stewpeed to cut off a useless parasite from his life. Why is he coming on board again to seek help he can actually hold on to that fact without much explanation. He should grow up like me...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by OnyesomJ(m): 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
My Dear There’s Love In Sharing,

The Lord Rewards
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by lucandoyin: 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
I know one Biodun ijebu like that during NTSC year in 2017,this guy can drink garri with toothpaste if u offer him.
He follows peoples food aroma once u start cooking.He has ate in each n evry room,He doesn't have best or worst food.If he sees me serving food or meet me while eating,I WL tell him,na small I cook.
I betta still tell him the remaining na my night food,then I will change the topic,abeg Chelsea go fit beat crystal palace in Fa cup,morata na useless striker,the guy eye go red..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Kyrx(m): 12:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
lucandoyin:
I know one wwwwwww like that during NTSC year in 2017,this guy can drink garri with toothpaste if u offer him.
He follows peoples food aroma once u start cooking.He has ate in each n evry room,He doesn't have best or worst food.If he sees me serving food or meet me while eating,I WL tell him,na small I cook.
I betta still tell him the remaining na my night food,then I will change the topic,abeg Chelsea go fit beat crystal palace in Fa cup,morata na useless striker,the guy eye go red..

Please many people wouldn't want their identity shared out like that, we all have our flaws in one area or another.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Originalsly: 1:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
Offpoint1:

Food is the least thing I'll ever deny anyone. Like my grandfather always said to me "Offpoint no matter how full you are, you'll still be hungry in 5 hours time, so give that food to your brother"

I don't think there's any reasonable human being that will come to your house everyday just to eat, His conscience will not allow that.

You have a lot to learn about people. The guy is one such person .... do you think he really cares about her? If she says she is hungry and was about to eat the one slice of bread left.... do you think he will allow her to?

@ Op... nothing wrong with helping... but the guy is exploiting you. Don't make matters worse by asking him for money.... if he gives you N1000... he will be demanding food from you 3 times a day for the rest of his life... the day you don't provide is the day he would open his wide mouth and let the whole world know you chop the money he gave you for food. I understand you can't bring yourself to tell him he crossed the line. My advice..... go buy laxative ...prepare a mouth watering meaty stew.... take out yours thei add laxative to the remaining portion.... when the glutton comes around tell him you have only a little for that day and the nexr... he will ask anyways.... tell him he can take but not much.... he will take almost all anyways. Don't worry..... you wouldn't be seeing him for a while....and when you do... give him normal greetings. If he brings up the reason...let him know you had a little upset stomach...but nothing like that. Should he dare ask for food again...let him know it's the same stew on the menu.if he insists...double the dosage and add extra hot pepper. Laxative in food is the #1 repellant for greedy people.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by bluebay(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
All you need now is an Urhobo or isoko girl friend to show him a bastadious bastardized attitude. Trust me he won’t come to your house again.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nanatrendy(f): 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
nuelyoyo:
good day, please can you tell me more about the NCNC rule?
it's something ghanaian students normally do, food is expensive in ghana no student will tolerate something like that. Before the meal is cooked contribution is made, and after the meal is done only those who contributed get to eat.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by UrVillagePpl: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
Jcole1985:
Get A female room-mate like sweetbuns who can insult,refuse her sexual advances.That will make her fustrated then unleash her on the spinless efulefu

that's not wise. he just need to man up and tell that shameless guy that has no conscience..

he's still in skul seff, bigger challenges is still ahead oo.. better start being a man and let ur NO be No
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tolani4real: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage

Nice one
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

the problem is not the guy. you are the problem. he has seen a fool who he can play on. but as always it's not yet time for you to learn your lesson. when you are broke and can't afford to even feed him talk less of yourself you'll know how to handle the situation...

on the other hand you can borrow to feed him since you are adamant at remaining a weakling...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Viicfuntop(f): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
Flight90:
grin @op...learn to turn off your humanity(feelings) ... I recommend you go and watch Vampire diaries in other to learn how to completely turn off your humanity. Thank me later cool

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by nuelyoyo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2019
Nanatrendy:
it's something ghanaian students normally do, food is expensive in ghana no student will tolerate something like that. Before the meal is cooked contribution is made, and after the meal is done only those who contributed get to eat.
it's a fair rule then. Didn't know you are Ghanian. NCNC used to be a political party in Nigeria during the 60s if I am not mistaken, so I thought ur explanation would have something to do with Nigerian political history. Anyways, thanks for taking out time to respond. Ciao. Oh! Lest I forget, the person on ur dp is a cutie.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.