Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra (71582 Views)

I Sighted A Strange Object At Night: Could It Be A Falling Star?? / Astronomers Have Found A Previously Unseen Type Of Object Circling A Distant Sta / Mysterious Object My Son Saw In The Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
Old Civilization wink

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by SeeMeForLAPTOP: 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:
Who have an idea what it is, we ask some elders at my side they said they don't know. we dig it out when digging a pit. Any idea?
hi good afternoon. Those are ancient sacred objects from the temple. I will advise you keep them.
I can also teach you how it's used and if you want it to go through carbon dating test, it's not advisable

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
SeeMeForLAPTOP:
hi good afternoon. Those are ancient sacred objects from the temple. I will advise you keep them.
I can also teach you how it's used and if you want it to go through carbon dating test, it's not advisable
From which temple ?abg .

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
metroid:

It needs to be studied and displayed for the world to see instead of in a private collection in somebody's basement abroad.
How can it be displayed?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by SeeMeForLAPTOP: 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by crackhouse(m): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2019
Admin401:

Artefacts from your ancestors. There's probably a museum somewhere in this world that would buy those artefacts for an amount that will change your life forever.
iffa hear. This one no be ogene?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by APCsupporter: 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:
Who have an idea what it is, we ask some elders at my side they said they don't know. we dig it out when digging a pit. Any idea?

Thats vibranium. Nigeria is the next Wakanda of Africa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Asquare84(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kindly contact national commission for mesuem and monument. There office is in federal secretariat Abuja you will be paid heavily

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by APCsupporter: 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:

Sell it and become a millionaire bro. Dont forget to give me 10k for using my data to advise you

6 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by pelicanbeau(f): 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Call on a museum to come and buy them only that they are cut and damaged. The spirits in them may not be potent again

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by DMerciful(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2019
Dig more and take them to another location, you have probably millions in your hands. Do not disclose you exact location! Contact National Geographic Channel, they will link you up!

11 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by justiniyke29: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
metroid:

It needs to be studied and displayed for the world to see instead of in a private collection in somebody's basement abroad.
my thought exactly, I would prefer it to be sold to our local museums. I don't value the idea of oyinbo guys always being with our artifacts

7 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by metroid(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:
How can it be displayed? any help ?

Take pictures of each of the items and take them to the nearest museum.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Originalsly: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
Op... the last pic...such artifacts fetch money. You guys need to either stop digging...or dig carefully... collect all those little complete stuff...or the broken stuff along with the pieces. Google is your friend.... get in contact with Egyptian archealogists first..... they can give you better advice.... your elders should be updated. Archealogists will be able to tell you about the pieces.... who..when... what they were used for... significance..etc. Like someone said...such should be kept in a museum where that piece of history can be preserved and displayed. Of course...your community would benefit financially.Do not disclose the location of the findings ...artifacts are as valuable as gold...or even more....people who know that will invade your land.

Metropolitan Museum of Art..... they pay ...really pay for stuff.
Sotheby's....an auction house that auctions such and takes a percentage of the sale price.

Look very well before you leap.

6 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by pointblank247(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2019
Go to the national must at Igbo ukwu there in anambra state. You will meet some one to talk to
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by ElsonMorali: 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:

Wow. Contact any professional archeologist or take them to the National museum, or post them on social media or something.

If you get the right attention, I'm suspecting huge money is coming your way...or not.

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Bloggingscope: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2019
Paleontologists will know
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by drajjay: 4:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
My guy you are standing on treasure. You guys should stop digging and secure that place asap. Contact the BBC or CNN. I no trust our local agencies. Dem fit maga you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Newboss(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2019
Asquare84:
Kindly contact national commission for mesuem and monument. There office is in federal secretariat Abuja you will be paid heavily

No, he won't. He'll be in bigger troubles sef. They will be taken from him angry

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by DrXavierCage(m): 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2019
Sell those pieces codedly. Your ancestors have smiled on you.

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Maxi3k(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2019
[b][oga if FG see this one na their own /b]
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by whatmoreng: 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
Evidence of ancient civilization in that area. Please inform the authorities. Probably the ministry of art n tourism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by encryptjay(m): 5:52pm On Mar 23, 2019
Omo...
See ought archeologists ought to be doing but one is making noise on my WhatsApp status.

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
Originalsly:
How can i contact the Sotheby's auction house
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by enemyofprogress: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2019
People dey better solid minerals see evil thing wey you go discover. These Igbo people se

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by SilasNwude: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
If it were civilized country, you'll see them make a frenzy to unearth its origin. Looks like an old traditional staff, should be worth some dolls on ebay grin
chaii i wish i was the one that dug it up

see money shocked

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by chloride6: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
EVILFOREST:

AFRICAN ELDERS know anything...?
Apart from Original Schnaaps and Ogogoro....??

Who buried them there if not African elders?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by olaolaking: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
sunnyeinstein:

Bros turn that site to an archeology site, there is goldmine of artefacts there to unearth, ancient civilization things.
You can look for a good archeologist from a university to study this for you. It'll turn him to a prof while you can get money from local and overseas interest on the land, plus some of those things will def fetcg goid money after verification.
Make sure you have a c of o to that land too sir
As if he is the owner of the land
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by SilasNwude: 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2019
drajjay:
My guy you are standing on treasure. You guys should stop digging and secure that place asap. Contact the BBC or CNN. I no trust our local agencies. Dem fit maga you.
gbam

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by islandmoon: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
Igbo Ukwu (Nigeria): West African

Igbo-Ukwu is notable for three archaeological sites, where excavations have found bronze artifacts from a highly sophisticated bronze metal-working culture dating to 9th century AD, centuries before other known bronzes of the region.

The first, called Igbo Isaiah, was uncovered in 1938 by Isaiah Anozie, a local villager, who found the bronze works while digging beside his home. Five bronze artifacts from the original excavation are now in the British Museum's collection. They include a small staff, a head of a ram, a large manilla, an intricately designed crescent-shaped vessel and a small pendant in the shape of a local chief's head with scarification (ichi) marks on the face.

Formal excavations by the archaeologist Thurstan Shaw in 1959 at the request of the Nigerian government, resulted in the discovery of two other sites, Igbo Richard and Igbo Jonah, containing the remains of an ancient culture. Later, these were excavated as well. Artifacts have included jewelry, ceramics, a corpse adorned in what appears to be regalia, and many assorted bronze, copper, and iron objects. Some of these contain materials that are evidence of a long-distance trading system extending to Egypt.

Radiocarbon dating placed the sites to 850 AD , which would make the Igbo-Ukwu culture the earliest-known example of bronze casting in the region. The craftsmen were working centuries before those who made the more well-known Ife bronzes. The archaeological sites in southeastern Nigeria are associated with the Nri-Igbo. The three sites include Igbo Isaiah (a shrine), Igbo Richard (a burial chamber), and Igbo Jonah (a cache). Artifacts found in these sites have shown that by the 9th century AD, the Igbo-Ukwu people had established a complex religious system and an economy based on agriculture and trade with other African peoples as far as the Nile valley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo-Ukwu#Archaeological_significance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Duffigoogle(m): 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
Artifacts or monoliths... I presume
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
Totem of your village gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos / Mysterious Mammoth Bone Circles Could Explain How Man Survived The Last Ice Age / Why Do Caribbean Lizards Look Better Looking Than African Lizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.