Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra (71592 Views)

I Sighted A Strange Object At Night: Could It Be A Falling Star?? / Astronomers Have Found A Previously Unseen Type Of Object Circling A Distant Sta / Mysterious Object My Son Saw In The Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Annwrites: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
You should contact the nearest museum on your findings.

You should also be careful about handling the artifact.

I read some comments about selling it outside the country. That may be difficult as you still need an Export Permit which you are likely not to get.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by BiafraIsFree: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2019
I pray let them be Chukwu Okike Abiama equipments to destroy Nigeria and British terrorist in our Biafraland.

The Biafran ancient weapons are resurrecting to combating Fulani terrorist government of operation Python dance in Biafraland.

sircrabo:
I just hope you don't awaken a sleeping demon that'll unleash mayhem on your community
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by chival(f): 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
Looks like Nok sculpturessculptures to me.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by stagger: 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
OP,
You have struck gold. Contact National Geographic. They will take it from there. The money you will get from this finding will change your life forever.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
qualityGod:
take me to the location I can pay you 500k-1million

Haba those are peanuts compared to if these are confirmed to be igbo ukwu artifacts

Those are extremely rare and expensive and it was believed the ancient igbo ukwu trobe buried their most precious artifacts in unknown locations to hide them from the white men.. he may have stumbled upon one of such under ground locations

This guy is about to become a billionaire of he is smart

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by MissRaine69(f): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
Possible historical artifects ...of a lost civilisation

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Ikpongiton: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2019
it is ojukwu bucket.short and simple.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by chival(f): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

Can you please contact

Department of Archaeology,
University of Ibadan.

You may have stumbled on the earliest settlement of the Ibo race.

Are those terracotta or bronze artifacts?

I'd say terracotta from the look of it. Nok culture comes to mind.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Ikpongiton: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
olatunjithomas:
An archeologist is on his way
you make collapse with laughter.amaa,kar chi uwarka
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Maket: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Good, civilization starts in Nigeria.
The first man to leave on earth is from Anambra state.
This artifact is several millions year older than EGYPT
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:
Who have an idea what it is, we ask some elders at my side they said they don't know. we dig it out when digging a pit. Any idea?

PLS FLASH ME NOW AND DELETE THIS THREAD!

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by shadeyinka(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2019
chival:

I'd say terracotta from the look of it. Nok culture comes to mind.
It could be be. But it also shows colours you would expect from bronze artifacts.

I hope dating results will show it to be older than even the Nok culture. That would be exciting especially if it is metallic

4 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by codemaniacs: 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
zz
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by EvieP(f): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2019
My grandfather would know but he is dead

BTW lemme dig my compound its vry ancestral
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Ikpongiton: 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
justiniyke29:
those are signs of ancient civilization, video it and upload to CNN or BBC, they would buy it very well. alternatively u can sell them on eBay. please move them to a secure location and avoid telling people around u
they should better hide that tin from igbo people,because their eyes sabi shine like thief man torch.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by williamdeluxe(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2019
Na to kum kidnapp u since u nor get sence

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by kunleham(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2019
It's some metal cast from the olden days Civilization
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Uzee24: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
These are some artifacts, evidence of ancient civilization at the location you found it. My advise is go to UNN Anthropology department and ask for Prof PJ Ezeh. He is a renowned anthropologist who can give you some answers. He could also have contacts of archaeologists who can carryout further excavations and studies at the site.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by 1stbest(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by brainhgeek(m): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Looks like a staff and some artifacts belonging to both royalties and priesthood. What material are they made of? Carbon dating can help tell the age and then give a clue as to what those things symbolise. Involve some scholars or university professors at the department of archeology. They can help but my one Kobo word for you is to guide what you have jealously.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:

HI CAN WE TALK?
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Abdbravo: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
You have no idea how valuable those things are. If it were to be in an advance country they will dig to find more. You can eventually find treasury worth of millions, continue digging out.
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Boo3nity(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ever heard of dark magic, voodoo n African family curse?
Well you just dug up one. Prepare yourself for the after-effects of digging up Pandora herself!
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by freemi(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2019
smatt1711:
This is an artfats ,is a sign of ancient civilization in your location, is a valuable something and be sold to FG
sold to whch FG? Der will collect it byforce. Even beat u join

3 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by TruthTella(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
freemi:
sold to whch FG? Der will collect it byforce. Even beat u join

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by HardMirror(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2019
1stbest:
will that be true ?

More .....
stop digging. The more you dig the more you damage the original set up or even damage the artifacts themselves. Let the experts take over the site and do a professional work. Only then can a full restoration be done and the findings be worthwhile

2 Likes

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2019
HardMirror:
stop digging. The more you dig the more you damage the original set up or even damage the artifacts themselves. Let the experts take over the site and do a professional work. Only then can a full restoration be done and the findings be worthwhile

I have been trying to reach out to the slowpoke and he doesn't want to respond. this is how they end up wasting their opportunity.

if carbon dating proves these artifact are up to 500 years old the fool will be playing with at least some very good thousands of dollars excluding total purchase of that entire area and settling every one involved.

1 Like

Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by BetPro122(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
OP see i've been digging my backward since I saw this post early momo.
Only found nylon bags, used condoms, threads, manure.
I don dig sotey I don dey see white sand yet No Artifacts.
Not fair o
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Peppyjenny: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
Where exactly in Anambra
Re: Take A Look At This Object We Dug Out In Anambra by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2019
Gulher:
I don't understand the hyping of these things

It's either you are a child or very naive

Do you understand how much foreign museums pay for igbo ukwu artifacts ? That I'd the post tribe of ibo people

Documents shoe that very little is known of this tribe because they created several hidden caves to hide their artifacts when the white men first landed in that area

For decades people have been searching for the locations of those caves

This man will be rich if he is smart and the location of this find maybe one of those hidden caves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mysterious Mammoth Bone Circles Could Explain How Man Survived The Last Ice Age / Why Do Caribbean Lizards Look Better Looking Than African Lizards / Boy From 16th Century Found Buried With Pot On His Head In Siberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.