Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK (26874 Views)

Ortom To FG: Arrest Miyetti Allah If You Want Peace / Kanu Vows To Drop Biafra Agitation If Anyone Stream Live From Buhari's Office / BREAKING!! Jubril : Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Expose US Ambassador, Reveals Next Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by ExAngel007(f): 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra has
vowed he will not heed to the court order directing
for his arrest in UK.

IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of
Biafra (IPOB), says he will not allow the Federal
Government arrest him in the United Kingdom as he
has planned to challenge the order in the United
Kingdom.

The IPOB leader also tackled the federal government
over his prosecution, insisting he is innocent of the
accusations against him.

A federal high court in Abuja had revoked the bail
granted Kanu in 2017, after his continued absence in
court.

Binta Nyako, justice of the court, also issued an
arrest warrant against the IPOB leader, citing the
continued absence of the IPOB leader in court.
Kanu, who is facing trial alongside other Biafran
activists for alleged treason, had gone into hiding
months after his bail only to reappear in Israel after
one year. He then moved to the UK.

Speaking during a broadcast on Radio Biafra, a
recording of which was obtained by TheCable on
Saturday, Kanu said he has instructed his lawyers to
challenge the arrest warrant in a UK court.

“The revocation of my bail will never ever hold;
they can never convict us because we have done
nothing wrong,” he said.

“Every move they make, every decision they take, I
will challenge. I have instructed my lawyers, we will
challenge in a competent court of law here in Britain
where law actually works. I am waiting for them.

“Any day you instruct INTERPOL, that day I will take
it up in court and they must answer because here is
a civilised country.

“First, I am not a Nigerian citizen. Your bail
revocation will never ever work. Anybody interested
in revoking my bail would have asked the army what
they were doing in my place.”

The IPOB leader said the cause for a sovereign state
of Biafra is not a crime, and that the group — which
has already been banned and tagged a terrorist
organisation — will continue to advocate for its
cause.

“They have not even defined the crime they said I
have committed. There is no crime in Nigeria called
secession; secession is not a crime in Nigeria or
anywhere in the world. Only armed rebellion is a
crime, not self determination,” said Kanu.

“If you are out to demoralise us, you will never ever
succeed. We will continue to agitate; we continue to
move forward because we are IPOB; we don’t relent
and can never ever relent. Which crime did Nnamdi
Kanu and his co-defendants commit? Somebody
should name it. Secession is not a crime.”

Share this news:

https://www.thecable.ng/it-will-never-work-nnamdi-kanu-vows-to-challenge-his-arrest-in-uk-court/amp

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Taraj01(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
For once, Let him prove he's a true Biafra. Come back home Just vacate UK.

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Annie939(f): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
fear fear leader keep running

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2019
He said more than this before army use am clean ground in Nigeria. God save am say he escaped by a whisker grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2019
ExAngel007:
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra has
vowed he will not heed to the court order directing
for his arrest in UK.

[“First, I am not a Nigerian citizen. Your bail

The IPOB leader said the cause for a sovereign state
of Biafra is not a crime, and that the group — which
has already been banned and tagged a terrorist
organisation — will continue to advocate for its
cause.

“They have not even defined the crime they said I
have committed. There is no crime in Nigeria called
secession; secession is not a crime in Nigeria or
anywhere in the world. Only armed rebellion is a
crime, not self determination,” said Kanu.

https://www.thecable.ng/it-will-never-work-nnamdi-kanu-vows-to-challenge-his-arrest-in-uk-court/amp
People close to Buhari should advise him to stop embarrassing himself!!!

Kanu on this matter, has stated the facts! What is wrong in asking for freedom

He (president) should stop using our resources to fight our citizens for his personal or selfish gains

Why is there no much noise about Maina Nobody is a sacred cow ooooo

Oya now make him go UK go arrest am!

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Blue3k(m): 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Kanu said he has instructed his lawyers to
challenge the arrest warrant in a UK court.

“Every move they make, every decision they take, I
will challenge. I have instructed my lawyers, we will
challenge in a competent court of law here in Britain
where law actually works.
I am waiting for them.

“Any day you instruct INTERPOL, that day I will take
it up in court and they must answer because here is
a civilised country.

Lol let's see if the UK will honor extradition treaty with Nigeria. What jurisdiction does the UK have over this case?

Front page: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by BuhariAdvocate: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2019
grin coward.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Wisfem: 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is outright witch hunt, do not worry in the next 4 years it will be over, A Democratic Government will take over the reign of leadership, then no body will violet your civil rights any more.

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
Taraj01:
For once, Let him prove he's a true Biafra.
Come back home
Just vacate UK.
So as to intimidate him with the army abi

Go to UK where the laws work and arrest him

Shikena!!!

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by gidgiddy: 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
The Nigeruan government is truly funny. You arrest a man, keep him locked up for months on end, you charge the man to court, court Grant's the man bail then you send Soldiers to go to kill the man. The man flees for his life then revoke his bail for saving his own life.

All strange

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Taraj01:
Come back home
Just vacate UK.
Which home are you talking about?? Why not go there and arrest him.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Annie939:
fear fear leader keep running
Fear fear country tell the python dancers to go there and arrest him.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by gidgiddy: 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
Taraj01:
Come back home
Just vacate UK.

But he already did that in 2015 when he returned from London

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
He said more than this before army use am clean ground in Nigeria. God save am say he escaped by a whisker grin
But I thought you people said he collected money from buhari/APC to disrupt the 2019 election in favour of APC??

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol let's see if the UK will honor extradition treaty with Nigeria. What jurisdiction does the UK have over this case?
Oya tell them to deport Kanu for you

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin coward.
But he is better than awolowo grin grin grin

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by GolDRoger: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
They have started masturbating ontop kanu matter already..

Those ppl above me

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Blue3k(m): 4:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Oya tell them to deport Kanu for you

Lol ignorant ipob the UK cant deport Kanu because hes a citizen. The UK can extradite him which Kanu is allowed to appeal. I hope you guys dont start cursing UK if they do extradite him. Alot you are still sore about UK supporting Nigeria in the civil war.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by GavelSlam: 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for working for APC, your contribution was highly influential, successful and appreciated.

Let's do this again in 2023.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by buhariguy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

People close to Buhari should advise him to stop embarrassing himself!!!

Kanu on this matter, has stated the facts! What is wrong in asking for freedom

He (president) should stop using our resources to fight our citizens for his personal or selfish gains

Why is there no much noise about Maina Nobody is a sacred cow ooooo

Oya now make him go UK go arrest am!
the terrorist said he is not a citizen of Nigeria,
so he want to free ipob to UK,
so is not a crime for a terrorist from another country to come and be disturbing our peace.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
buhariguy:
the terrorist said he is not a citizen of Nigeria,
so he want to free ipob to UK,
so is not a crime for a terrorist from another country to come and be disturbing our peace.
Stop repeating words from that clownish dullard lifeless Buhari!

Use your own brain for once!

What makes him a terrorist Did he bomb or kill you

If Nnamdi is a terrorist, what are the Bokoharam and Fulanis herdsmen

If FG is after them the way he is after Kanu, Nigeria would have being free by now!!!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by buhariguy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemybulldozer:
But I thought you people said he collected money from buhari/APC to disrupt the 2019 election in favour of APC??
what is this one saying,
was it not idiotic pigs that said their terrorist leader was working for APC and they decided to atikulate.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Who are the "you people"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol ignorant ipob the UK cant deport Kanu because hes a citizen. The UK can extradite him which Kanu is allowed to appeal. I hope you guys dont start cursing UK if they do deport him. Alot you are still sore about UK supporting Nigeria in the civil war.
So, why did binta nyako the trial judge revoked kanu's bail and orders for his arrest??

And what makes you think the UK will deport him??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Who are the "you people"?
Afonjas of course

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Afonjas of course
Ok, afonjas! Over to you.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
buhariguy:
what is this one saying,
was it not idiotic pigs that said their terrorist leader was working for APC and they decided to atikulate.
The pigiwasternrs were the ones saying it. Some pigiwasternrs were even hiding on Igbo monikers claiming Igbo just to dish out lies and propaganda which pigiwasternrs are known for.

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Blue3k(m): 4:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
enemybulldozer:
So, why did binta nyako the trial judge revoked kanu's bail and orders for his arrest??

And what makes you think the UK will deport him??

Lol you're ignorance knows no bounds. The judge revoked his bail because he refused to reappear in court. She didnt believe the defense story about army being responsible for disappearance.

I really dont know if the UK will extradite him. They have treaty agreements so Im assuming they'll honor it unless they have strong reason to refuse.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by buhariguy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Stop repeating words from that clownish dullard lifeless Buhari!

Use your own brain for once!

What makes him a terrorist Did he bomb or kill you

If Nnamdi is a terrorist, what are the Bokoharam and Fulanis herdsmen

If FG is after them the way he is after Kanu, Nigeria would have being free by now!!!
both boko haram and ipob are terrorist, the way the War against boko haram have be taking serious, if one percent were use against ipob, by now terrorist nnamdi kanu would have be forgotten.
and if shekua is insulting Nigeria the way terrorist nnamdi kanu is insulting Nigeria, by now shekua would have be forgotten,
that means, shekua is better than terrorist nnamdi kanu.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by enemybulldozer(m): 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Ok, afonjas! Over to you.
You were among the people that said it.
Am saying this because, you're among the people that hates Kanu so much on this forum. If you deny it I will go into digging out your previous posts.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Vows Never To Allow FG Arrest Him In UK by Guestlander: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
Words on Marble:

“First, I am not a Nigerian citizen. Your bail

A foreigner saying I can cause trouble in your country but you cannot arrest me because I have a different nationality.
LWKMD

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘Why We Picked Daura For University Of Transportation’ - Mohammed Babakobi / Kogi Tribunal: Anything Can Happen / Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.