Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

"There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (32422 Views)

Where Is Former Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa? / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
NobleAngell:
Ask questions from who? Isn't that what I'm doing? Nawaoooooooooo.

Nxt
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by NobleAngell(f): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Nxt
Tueh.

3 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by IvarTheHorrible: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
NobleAngell:
We'll discuss that when you clock 18. I Don't do minors.

Olanipekun1/ IsaAbubakar / SilasNwude....

Let's be frank, this gal crushed you.

NobelAngell, haba, why did you do this to my paddy? grin

5 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by IvarTheHorrible: 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nnaabros:

Stop this divisive and competitive mentality. Anambra is just a state, a political creation. Igbo is Igbo and we're one and the same.

Igbo is Igbo but Ebonyi Igbo is the low grade one.

Okrika version angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
pazienza:

Nwanne, communities in Orumba South LGA of Anambra don't have the Nze na Ozo culture, and they remain Anambra people.
Any snake or eke that ventures into Umunze, Ogbunka, Ezira, Owerre Ezukala, Umuchukwu, etc, ga anwu, nwuyuo anya. No just go there.
There are communities in Imo that don't kill pythons too, does that make them Ndi Anambra as well? Biko let's not deceive ourselves.

Anambra is an artificial creation of Nigeria state, and would most likely cease to exist the day Ndiigbo gets our independence from Nigeria.
Heck, there are even non Igbos in Anambra, the Igalas.

You were probably misinformed. According to a reliable source these towns has a modified version of Nze na Ozo. Secondly,nd you will have to prove they kill python.

Omanbala/Anambra has existed before it's official creation, because what we know of the Anambra culture originated from the core Omanbala region, including Aguleri.

When in say Omanbala I mean the towns that fall under the same cultural umbrella....99% of Anambra towns practice pure Nze na Ozo. The culture of Nze na Ozo modifies and instruct the way a society behaves because these men were regarded as the wise men who used sacred codes to oversee the functions of the town.
I am not calling anybody names but I know some Igbos eat python, which is a sacrilege in Anambra. I can't intermarry with such people. Igbo na asu na onu na onu...We arent the same. Omanbala is unique

2 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Olanipekun1: 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
IvarTheHorrible:

Olanipekun1/ IsaAbubakar / SilasNwude....

Let's be frank, this gal crushed you.

NobelAngell, haba, why did you do this to my paddy? grin
grin
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by jom28gy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
he is right in saying so

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
mbos:
"There is nothing like Delta Igbo, Igbo is Igbo"

~Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by nwanyionitsha: 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
NobleAngell:
Well my dear, that's where they are from "Aniocha". Meanwhile from all indications, you're an epitome of ignorance. I think you should be the one to leave.
What is Aniocha. Keep lying.
Aniocha north is a local government. Ika is part of Aniocha north. So which part of Aniocha north are you talking about?

4 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by fx45(m): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nnaabros:
Stop this divisive and competitive mentality. Anambra is just a state, a political creation. Igbo is Igbo and we're one and the same.
That bastard you quoted is a headslamming Afonja conehead. Never dignify him with a response

10 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by nwanyionitsha: 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

Its simple, just like Onitsha people, they're called Igbo when favors are required of them, but when it's time for political appointments or juicy contracts, they're reminded that they're not pure/ real Igbo's, It's just like the Egun people of Lagos that have been sidelined and the yorubas.

I have Igbo friends (liberal though) and love the Igbo people for their industrious nature, but they tend to be very tribalist, especially the conservative ones, you've seen the case of a even catholics rejecting an archbishop, because he's not mbaise, even the vatican had to intervene,
whereas, in uniben, they've had an Igbo VC, Prof. Emmanuel Nwanze, not benin, but completely different tribe, you can't try that in any eatern institution be it federal or state and even religious as i stated above
Stop typing rubbish you know nothing about.

10 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by NobleAngell(f): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
What is Aniocha. Keep lying.
Aniocha north is a local government. Ika is part of Aniocha north. So which part of Aniocha north are you talking about?
I'm not lying dear. That's his local government, i don't care what part it is. My point has been made. You seem to be hurt over that fact. Why?

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
OMANBALA1:

You were probably misinformed. According to a reliable source these towns has a modified version of Nze na Ozo. Secondly,nd you will have to prove they kill python.

Omanbala/Anambra has existed before it's official creation, because what we know of the Anambra culture originated from the core Omanbala region, including Aguleri.

When in say Omanbala I mean the towns that fall under the same cultural umbrella....99% of Anambra towns practice pure Nze na Ozo. The culture of Nze na Ozo modifies and instruct the way a society behaves because these men were regarded as the wise men who used sacred codes to oversee the functions of the town.
I am not calling anybody names but I know some Igbos eat python, which is a sacrilege in Anambra. I can't intermarry with such people. Igbo na asu na onu na onu...We arent the same. Omanbala is unique

You not well informed.
Nze na ozo don't exist in those communities and additionally, they kill pythons there too.

I don't know what you are on about. This Omambala thing only exists in your imagination. The Omambala culture I know, is the one in Anambra East and West areas which are heavily laced with Igala.
But hey, you are free to hold unto your Own opinions, ka ogbena esena.

14 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Uyomeyouyo: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Piggywrestnr obviously in painful shock.

If I smack your flat head now, you will call your mode brothers to come and ban me... embarassed
That is what you are after... grin

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Anago50000: 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
nonsobaba:
Anambra is a homogeneous and unique race. We are like no other. The average Anambra indigene sees himself as Anambra first before Igbo.
. Globemoney, get shame abeg

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
Preshy561:

That guy you are quoting is not Igbo.
You guys should learn to stop giving these misfits attention.

He's using Igbo moniker doesn't mean he's Igbo please.

Noted. Won't do that again.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by garfield1: 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
pazienza:

You not well informed.
Nze na ozo don't exist in those communities and additionally, they kill pythons there too.

I don't know what you are on about. This Omambala thing only exists in your imagination. The Omambala culture I know, is the one in Anambra East and West areas which are heavily laced with Igala.
Your the greatest igbo man in this section,a w
quintessence.i wish others can copy and emulate you.

9 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by dreamwords: 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Op mind what u post here.
Okowa never made such statement

There are no igbos in delta state.....i repeat no igbos in delta state.

Okowa never made such statement.
even true deltans ( itsekiri, uhrobo , etc ,know that some group of people from delta are igbos and not regarded as original deltans because they should join their kt and kin from the other side of the river, ,,Who gives a shit what you post upandan cheesy grin see your head like church standing fan

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
dreamwords:
even true deltans ( itsekiri, uhrobo , etc ,know that some group of people from delta are igbos and not regarded as original deltans because they should join their kt and kin from the other side of the river, ,,Who gives a shit what you post upandan cheesy grin see your head like church standing fan

U running through my post

.....imagine....i can freely accepts than u guys....never.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by oyatz(m): 11:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
The first time I noticed this was when I went for NYSC in Yobe State.
There was this Igbo lady in my flat called Sandra. She was very nice to me but I didn't reciprocate her gestures because she was too lousy and wild for my liking.

She was so mean to another poorer 'Igbo' lady called Mercy that was close to hatred.
So one evening after publicly disgracing Mercy, I went to Sandra to ask her why she treated her 'sister' so harshly after all, they are both igbos.

To my greatest surprise this rude and lousy Sandra said 'She is not igbo, stop referring to Mercy as igbo'
I said but she speaks Igbo fluently with Juliet and other igbos in their corpers lodge and both Mercy and Juliet have Igbo Surnames.Then Sandra said 'The fact that she speaks Igbo doesn't makes her Igbo'. She also speaks Yoruba fluently ,does that makes her Yoruba?
She went ahead to tell me that only four Igbo corpers ,out of the numerous corpers in our lodge that we presumed to be igbo were truly Igbos.

NobleAngell:
I have never seen any of them admit that he/she is Igbo. My neighbour gets furious each time i tease him by calling him Igbo. Meanwhile his name is Ifeanyi and siblings Emeka, Onyinyechi and Onyeka. They communicate with Igbo in their house. Baffles me.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by garfield1: 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
fx45:
That bastard you quoted is a headslamming Afonja conehead. Never dignify him with a response
Am not igbo but i have interacted with igbos,traversed the 5 maimstream igbo states and finally berthing in anambra state.i dont like the anambra supremacist theories but i can confidently say that the anambra igbo is the number one igbo.even the anambra igbo dialect is top notch.i never wanted to learn how to speak igbo but when i got to anambra and listened to the local dialect,i was forced to learn the ear pleasing language.
Even in my state cross river,we regard the anambra people as the authentic igbos and their language as the purest.even the anambra names are loveliest.the one i like most is lotanna.no other eastern state is as developed and urbanized as anambra.their girls are the most beautiful.they have the highest number of influential personalities in nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by oyatz(m): 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
Even me too, I used to call them Igbo but when I started traveling to other parts of the Country, I started noticing that they are different and recently I started meeting those who refused to be identified as igbo.

Even till today, if I tell you one thing you won't believe it; Most Yorubas call anyone after Edo State 'Igbos'.

An average Yoruba man in Ikirun, Iseyin, Offa or even Ilorin don't know the difference between Igbo, Anioma, Ijaw, Ibiobio, Annang ,Ogoni etc

dreamwords:
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by dreamwords: 11:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
oyatz:
Even me too, I used to call them Igbo but when I started traveling to other parts of the Country, I started noticing that they are different and recently I started meeting those who refused to be identified as igbo.

Even till today, if I tell you one thing you won't believe it; Most Yorubas call anyone after Edo State 'Igbos'.

An average Yoruba man in Ikirun, Iseyin, Offa or even Ilorin don't know the difference between Igbo, Anioma, Ijaw, Ibiobio, Annang ,Ogoni etc

I

it's true some part of delta igbo refused be called Igbos even when their name and dialect is that of igbo expecially ika people,
Some other deltas igbos are proud of their igbo ,ogwashi uku and the rest,
That is it

2 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by oyatz(m): 11:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
You are very correct, it's mostly Ika and Ndokwa that aren't comfortable with the Igbo tag.

CyynthiaKiss:

People of Aniocha (Oshimili and co)axis can never deny being Igbo. That identity crisis is reserved for Ika people. You don't need to lie because you are on nairaland.

Meanwhile, leave politics section.. It's beyond your brain capacity.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 12:00am On Apr 06, 2019
pazienza:

You not well informed.

You are chasing shadows. This your pro one Igbo agenda is dead on arrival ,because Igbo never existed as a block. However, the creation of Anambra was based on a group of Igbo towns that bordered each other and are alike both structurally and culturally . Today, these towns with the help of state creation has identified their ideas,unified and modified it into an ideology that drives the advancement and development of Anambra.

I can confidently tell you that today we have an Omanbala identity and it's growing strongly as we advance and promote our culture. You dont have to be part of it but you will get the message. I am Anambra before Igbo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by melzabull(f): 12:27am On Apr 06, 2019
Omambala1 you are a deluded fool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by melzabull(f): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Proudly Anioma, proudly Igbo

Any Anioma son/daughter who refuses to identify with his/her igbo heritage and identity is a brainwashed and senseless bastad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 12:42am On Apr 06, 2019
melzabull:
Omambala1 you are a deluded fool

You are a coward!
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by rummmy: 12:49am On Apr 06, 2019
NobleAngell:
I have never seen any of them admit that he/she is Igbo. My neighbour gets furious each time i tease him by calling him Igbo. Meanwhile his name is Ifeanyi and siblings Emeka, Onyinyechi and Onyeka. They communicate with Igbo in their house. Baffles me.
lie Muhammad first child

2 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by rummmy: 12:52am On Apr 06, 2019
They will be in sefia pains now..... I don't want to name them but they truelly know themselves, children of the falling black angel..Who don't even know he originated from benin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Received President Muhammadu Buhari In Borno (photos) / Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! / Pastor Ize-Iyamu Embraces Oshiomhole, Have They Reconciled? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.