Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

"There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (32414 Views)

Where Is Former Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa? / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Do you know this man? His name is Jerry Amilo, top nollywood star, he's my town's man grin grin grin grin, bring forward just one notable star from umuiti Umuoji. grin grin

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 6:18am On Apr 10, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I disagree with u..... we are omanbala igbos.....homogenous in our dealings......

Anambra first before igbo.
Can you explain in details on what makes Anambra homogeneous.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 6:51am On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

You are chasing shadows. This your pro one Igbo agenda is dead on arrival ,because Igbo never existed as a block. However, the creation of Anambra was based on a group of Igbo towns that bordered each other and are alike both structurally and culturally . Today, these towns with the help of state creation has identified their ideas,unified and modified it into an ideology that drives the advancement and development of Anambra.

I can confidently tell you that today we have an Omanbala identity and it's growing strongly as we advance and promote our culture. You dont have to be part of it but you will get the message. I am Anambra before Igbo!
Igbo never exist as a block, last time I checked it is the same Anambra that's extremely forcing / promoting the one Igbo United agenda by promoting a one-sided story of Igbo people which is ERI the father of Igbo gave birth to all Igbo people and also Anmbra is the capital of the followers / students of ERI centric school of thought in which they are nothing but an extremely fanatical on forcing this history on other Igbos even when those other Igbos don't have ERI In their history and also don't believe in ERI.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 6:55am On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

You are chasing shadows. This your pro one Igbo agenda is dead on arrival ,because Igbo never existed as a block. However, the creation of Anambra was based on a group of Igbo towns that bordered each other and are alike both structurally and culturally . Today, these towns with the help of state creation has identified their ideas,unified and modified it into an ideology that drives the advancement and development of Anambra.

I can confidently tell you that today we have an Omanbala identity and it's growing strongly as we advance and promote our culture. You dont have to be part of it but you will get the message. I am Anambra before Igbo!
Igbo never exist as a block, last time I checked it is the same Anambra that's extremely forcing / promoting the one Igbo United agenda by promoting a one-sided story of Igbo people which is ERI the father of Igbo gave birth to all Igbo people, also Anmbra is the capital of the followers / students of ERI centric school of thought in which they are nothing but an extremely fanatical on forcing this history, on other Igbos even when those other Igbos don't have ERI In their history and also don't believe in ERI.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 7:15am On Apr 10, 2019
mbos:

you are just in diaspora ranting... dont you know how many igbo towns and village in Imo State that do not eat snake... places like Okwudor, njabe LGA, Umuagwo...Ohji/egbema LGA...e.t.c...

Nze no Ozo is all over igbo Land... you are so naive,,, stop chatting about igbo ancient culture.
There's no Nze na Ozo in

..... Ngwa land
..... Ndoki
..... ASA
..... Abriba
..... Item
..... Ohaafia
..... Bende
..... lzii people of Ebonyi State
..... Ezaa
..... Afikpor,
..... this has to do with the fact that Nze na Ozo don't exist in their history/culture.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by mbos: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2019
letu:
There's no Nze na Ozo in

..... Ngwa land
..... Ndoki
..... ASA
..... Abriba
..... Item
..... Ohaafia
..... Bende
..... lzii people of Ebonyi State
..... Ezaa
..... Afikpor,
..... this has to do with the fact that Nze na Ozo don't exist in their history/culture.

no your list is only part of Abia and afikpo,
every part of igboland your hear names like, Nzeakor, Nzenwa, Nzeakolam, Nzeamadi, Nzeogwo(late Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu) Nzeadi, e.t.c
in Owerri for instance, there are titles like Oke Nze....meaning High Nze.
Nze means a "peace making/loving saint"

so I dont know where you got your history from, hope you do visit home at all...meet the informed elderly for information.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Ken Eric and Ugezu mediocres? Guy you must be the greatest comedian of all time. Lol, very funny thing, who, even if they are mediocres, can you compare with them from Umuoji? Simply your community lacks achievers because of their inferiority complex and mediocrities. Ugezu is the best nolllywood producer and director east of the Niger presently, if you doubt, well google is ever ready to educate you.

In fact, your presentation is highly laughable. No comparison.

Again, I am not here to compare individuals I dont personally know or related to ,its myopic. You pushed me into that and I don't do that. Go through my my history and you will learn that all I want is the advancement and development of Omanbala. I used Omanbala because the whites corrupted the name to Anambra. We have great achievers in health, banking ,sports, broadcasting, business etc.

Again, Umuoji has brought glory to Anambra and Igbo land as a whole through culture export just like Nkpokiti Umunze won Festac '77 and was printed at the back of 5 naira note, Ijele Igwulube Okodu won Abuja cultural festival where every tribe in Nigeria performed. Thats a great feat, my nigga! And , it happened twice!! Ife di na Okodu! We are proud and sometimes arrogant because of our culture, we know we have great culture. Just like Awka , Aguleri, Agukwu, Onicha and Obosi are danm proud of themselves over their cultural achievements.

Go to YouTube and listen to Egwu Obi Umuoji and tell me you aren't blown away. Go to ABS channel and see Umuoji women still exporting musical culture.

What glory has Enugwu Ukwu brought to Anambra. Stop talking about dead warrant chief and house of rep members. Tell me when you started that fake Igu Aro and Ofala....lol

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
mbos:

no your list is only part of Abia and afikpo,
every part of igboland your hear names like, Nzeakor, Nzenwa, Nzeakolam, Nzeamadi, Nzeogwo(late Major Chukwuma Nzeogwu) Nzeadi, e.t.c
in Owerri for instance, there are titles like Oke Nze....meaning High Nze.
Nze means a "peace making/loving saint"

so I dont know where you got your history from, hope you do visit home at all...meet the informed elderly for information.

Only northern Imo has Nze na Ozo due to influence from Anambra towns. Mbaise , Owerri and co doesnt practice Nze na Ozo. Arondizuogu have it but Arochukwu doesn't and you know why. Arondizuogu borrowed it. Just because you have Nze in your names doesn't mean you practice it. It is just mere influence.....OWERRI DOESNT HAVE NZE NA OZO!! But the Nze na Ozo institution have wide influence including naming patterns accros Igbo land and in Anioma. But remember Anioma has Nri migrants who took the culture with them. Only norther Imo has Nze na Ozo due to proximity. Furthermore, Nze doesnt mean peace loving...We say "izelu ozo" for a reason....smh. Dont start talking about what you dont know. The other day I heard Imo guy reciting Anambra chants in Imo dialect...Itz sounded disgusting!!

Imo ,Abia ,parts of Ebonyi and,Enugu doesnt have the following.

Ofala
Iguaro
Igba Odu
Ijele masquerade
Abiulor(igba ndi eze and also a version of Akwunechenyi)
Akwunechenyi
Agaba masquerade
Nze na Ozo
Ikenga

And your spoken Igbo is very different. Igbo is very diverse.

2 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Only northern Igbo has Nze na Ozo due to influence from Anambra towns. Mbaise , Owerri and co doesnt practice Nze na Ozo. Arondizuogu have it but Arochukwu doesn't and you know why. Arondizuogu borrowed it. Just because you have Nze in your names doesn't mean you practice it. It is just mere influence.....OWERRI DOESNT HAVE NZE NA OZO!! But the Nze na Ozo institution have wide influence including naming patterns accros Igbo land and in Anioma. But remember Anioma has Nri migrants who took the culture with them. Only norther Imo has Nze na Ozo due to proximity. Furthermore, Nze doesnt mean peace loving...We say "izelu ozo" for a reason....smh. Dont start talking about what you dont know. The other day I heard Imo guy reciting Anambra chants in Imo dialect...Itz sounded disgusting!!

Ofala
Iguaro
Igba Odu
Ijele masquerade
Akwunechenyi
Agaba masquerade
Nze na Ozo
Ikenga

Many towns in Anambra state don't have those too.
So I don't get what your point is?

By the way, Ikenga is universal in Igboland, it's practiced even in far away Etche in Rivers state.

4 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Again, I am not here to compare individuals I dont personally know or related to ,its myopic. You pushed me into that and I don't do that. Go through my my history and you will learn that all I want is the advancement and development of Omanbala. I used Omanbala because the whites corrupted the name to Anambra. We have great achievers in health, banking ,sports, broadcasting, business etc.

Again, Umuoji has brought glory to Anambra and Igbo land as a whole through culture export just like Nkpokiti Umunze won Festac '77 and was printed at the back of 5 naira note, Ijele Igwulube Okodu won Abuja cultural festival where every tribe in Nigeria performed. Thats a great feat, my nigga! And , it happened twice!! Ife di na Okodu! We are proud and sometimes arrogant because of our culture, we know we have great culture. Just like Awka , Aguleri, Agukwu, Onicha and Obosi are danm proud of themselves over their cultural achievements.

Go to YouTube and listen to Egwu Obi Umuoji and tell me you aren't blown away. Go to ABS channel and see Umuoji women still exporting musical culture.

What glory has Enugwu Ukwu brought to Anambra. Stop talking about dead warrant chief and house of rep members. Tell me when you started that fake Igu Aro and Ofala....lol

Umunze don't have you "Omanbala" culture. Neither do they trace their origin to Nri. They don't do Ijele(dont let Flavour Ijele title deceive you, Flavour is merely being pan Igbo by taking on the nick name of "Ijele" 1 n'Umunze ) Agaba, Akwunechenyi, Iguaro, etc.
Their language is deeply rooted in Isu and very tonal.
I wonder how you are roping them into this.

This your Omanbala thing is dead on arrival, it can't survive beyond social media. The Omanbala we know is in Anambra East and West LGAs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

Its simple, just like Onitsha people, they're called Igbo when favors are required of them, but when it's time for political appointments or juicy contracts, they're reminded that they're not pure/ real Igbo's, It's just like the Egun people of Lagos that have been sidelined and the yorubas.

I have Igbo friends (liberal though) and love the Igbo people for their industrious nature, but they tend to be very tribalist, especially the conservative ones, you've seen the case of a even catholics rejecting an archbishop, because he's not mbaise, even the vatican had to intervene,
whereas, in uniben, they've had an Igbo VC, Prof. Emmanuel Nwanze, not benin, but completely different tribe, you can't try that in any eatern institution be it federal or state and even religious as i stated above

I need to see where Onitsha people say they are not Igbo.
Meanwhile, Yoruba people are the most tribaliststic beings on earth. Their tribal bigotry is second to to none!
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by hammerFC: 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
Anambra State House of Assembly bans 'expensive funerals'

Anambra State House of Assembly bans

The Anambra State House of Assembly has outlawed expensive funerals in the state by passing the bill entitled a Law To Control Burial/Funeral Ceremonial Activities in the State, the House said it had become an offence to hold a funeral for more than a day in the state.

Before this development, communities had held funerals on an average of three days, but the bill sponsored by the member representing Anaocha II constituency, Charles Ezeani stated that “Burial/funeral control bill is aimed at cutting down the cost of burial activities in the state”.

The bill provided that in the event of death, “No person shall deposit any corpse in the mortuary or any place beyond two months from the date of the death, while burial ceremonies in the state shall be for one day.”

The law prohibited destruction of property, gunshots, praise-singing, blocking of roads and streets during burial ceremonies in the state. The bill also provided that, “No person shall subject any relation of the deceased person to a mourning period of more than one week from the date of the burial ceremony”.

It further stipulates that during burial and funeral ceremonial activities, the family of the deceased “shall provide food for their kindred, relatives and other sympathizers at their own discretion. Speaking to newsmen, Ezeani said a monitoring and implementation committee that would enforce the law would be put in place when the governor assents it.

Y CAN'T DEY JUST TELL US THAT ANAMBRA HAVE BEEN SOLD TO SAUDI ARABIA.

IT IS BETTER OBIANO COMES OUT AND TELL US, HE IS A MUSLIM.

THAN ALL THIS GIMMICKS.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

My brother I tire.
I lived with my grandfather who died at ripe age of 97years, and not for once did he mention "Omanbala" to me.
Omabala/Anambra river is a foreign culture to Idemili land, my mother use to tell me stories about Ndi Omabala who are also known as Ndi mbamili.

Ogidi cannot trace her history to Nri. Heck, Ogidi has no single brother in Idemili, we have no fillial relationship with Idemili communities surrounding us, other than the fact that we had lived together for long and had now developed common culture and speech form.
Ogidi is supposed to be the only son of Inwelle, who was the only son of Ezechumagha. Where Ezechumuagha hails from is vague and there are no clear genealogy linking him to Nri.
From my wide readings, the part of Igboland who answers the name Ogidi much, are Anioma people, and we even have Akili-Ogidi in Ogbaru. Akili people being an ancient Igbo speaking people who were indigenous to present day Aboh Ndokwa/Ukwuani part of Delta,, who were conquered and forced to cross the river Niger to their present location by Aboh people who Agbor people claims migrated from Agbor and were descendants of an Agbor prince whose mother was Bini and whose relationship with the king was forbidden by the people, leading to her death and her young prince banished from Agbor with servants and well wishers into the lower Niger, then known in Igbo realm as Oru/Olu.

This prince born of Bini mother and Agbor mother is who Aboh people know as Essumai, and as expected, his history had been embellished and distorted in Aboh so that rather than appear as a reject from Agbor, we are being told that he was a prince and a son of an Oba of Bini, even when it's obvious the man spoke Igbo from the beginning, named his new found town with Igbo tongue, ie Aboh ji, gave his first son Igbo name, Ogwaezi( home on the road), and left us with an Igbo speaking Aboh.
It was this prince(Esumai) son (Ogwaezi) who drove the Akili natives of Ndokwa away towards their current location in Ogbaru Anambra, while assimilating some of them who go by the name Akarai in Ndokwaland today.

Some Anioma folklores also speak of an ancient Kingdom called Ogidi, that existed in present Enu ani area, that was attacked and destroyed by invaders (?Bini warriors) leading to scattering of her people.

Point is that Igbo history is deep and all interwoven.
Every attempt to create artificial Omanbala identity, that would deny us the chance to study Igbo history better, will always be resisted by well meaning Igbo people.

I doubt he can trace Umuoji history directly to Nri, a part of Umuoji history talks about migrants from Arochukwu during formative years of the town. The likes of him would have such detail buried and denied just to promote his Omanbala agenda.

He isn't any different from the Anioma people hell bent on their Bini agenda or those interested in creating a new Anioma identity totally detached from Ndiigbo.
Umuoji should be older than Arochukwu, very much older though I doubt they are part of Omambala.

The Enugu-Ukwu guy is not entirely correct, they are certainly not Nri's first son.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by somegirl1: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Only northern Imo has Nze na Ozo due to influence from Anambra towns. Mbaise , Owerri and co doesnt practice Nze na Ozo. Arondizuogu have it but Arochukwu doesn't and you know why. Arondizuogu borrowed it. Just because you have Nze in your names doesn't mean you practice it. It is just mere influence.....OWERRI DOESNT HAVE NZE NA OZO!! But the Nze na Ozo institution have wide influence including naming patterns accros Igbo land and in Anioma. But remember Anioma has Nri migrants who took the culture with them. Only norther Imo has Nze na Ozo due to proximity. Furthermore, Nze doesnt mean peace loving...We say "izelu ozo" for a reason....smh. Dont start talking about what you dont know. The other day I heard Imo guy reciting Anambra chants in Imo dialect...Itz sounded disgusting!!

Ofala
Iguaro
Igba Odu
Ijele masquerade
Akwunechenyi
Agaba masquerade
Nze na Ozo
Ikenga

The title "Nze" is conferred upon a select group in Oratta (Owerri) culture.
Don't be hasty to state your conjectures as fact.

4 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
letu:
Igbo never exist as a block, last time I checked it is the same Anambra that's extremely forcing / promoting the one Igbo United agenda by promoting a one-sided story of Igbo people which is ERI the father of Igbo gave birth to all Igbo people, also Anmbra is the capital of the followers / students of ERI centric school of thought in which they are nothing but an extremely fanatical on forcing this history, on other Igbos even when those other Igbos don't have ERI In their history and also don't believe in ERI.

Why are you demonizing and roping Ndi Anambra into this?
Not all Anambra people subscribe into this Eri thing. Awka, Nnewi and many other parts of Anambra don't subscribe to it.
In contrast, there are individuals outside Anambra who subscribe to the Eri thing. Onwujeogwu, the famous Igbo anthropologist from Anioma Igbo, is one of the people who advanced this Eri hypothesis, and he isn't from Anambra. Nnamdi Kanu your Abia brother and his Ipob group, are strong proponents of the Eri and Jewish story.

We should learn to discuss these issues without hastily generalizing things or roping groups in, simply by association.

3 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Umuoji should be older than Arochukwu, very much older though I doubt they are part of Omambala.

The Enugu-Ukwu guy is not entirely correct, they are certainly not Nri's first son.
Thanks.

Umuoji is older than Arochukwu. But it's still plausible that some Umuoji people are of Aro ancestry , with the aro segment being recent additions before colonialism.

Either way, we wouldn't find out for sure, if we don't resist this artificial Omambala identity some are trying hard to create, as it will only blur things and give room to historical distortions to create non existent relationships between Igbo groups, while blurring real relationships between group.

By the way, I believe that Enugwu ukwu is the first son of umunri. The town is old, big and very influential. Do you know that the big town of Enugu Ezike in Enugu, one of the biggest and populous towns in Igbo land during the coming of the colonial masters, have links to Enugwu ukwu?

I respect Enugu ukwu people alot, they and their Enugu Agidi brothers. They are silent achievers.

3 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

Umuoji is older than Arochukwu. But it's still plausible that some Umuoji people are of Aro ancestry , with the aro segment being recent additions before colonialism.

Either way, we wouldn't find out for sure, if we don't resist this artificial Omambala identity some are trying hard to create, as it will only blur things and give room to historical distortions to create non existent relationships between Igbo groups, while blurring real relationships between group.

By the way, I believe that Enugwu ukwu is the first son of umunri. The town is old, big and very influential. Do you know that the big town of Enugu Ezike in Enugu, one of the biggest and populous towns in Igbo land during the coming of the colonial masters, have links to Enugwu ukwu?

I respect Enugu ukwu people alot, they and their Enugu Agidi brothers. They are silent achievers.
Negative, Agu-ukwu Nri is the first son. Also, you don't judge by the size. Many new communities are much older than the old.

Omambala involves three local governments -
Anambra Eastern Anambra West and then Oyi.

Also, I am yet to see Umuoji indigene that believes in the Aro story. More like Aro group imposing their 'superiority' bull craps on people. They are telling such stories about Onitsha origin too.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Negative, Agu-ukwu Nri is the first son. Also, you don't judge by the size. Many new communities to be much older than than the old.

Anambra Eastern Anderson West and then Oyi.

Also, I am yet to see Umuoji indigene that believes in the Aro story. More than like Aro group imposing their 'superiority' bull craps on people. They are telling such stories about Onitsha origin too.

What exactly made Agu ukwu nri the first born of Nri?

Yes, Omanbala is just Anambra East, West and loosely Oyi.

The Aro angle was not imposed by Aro people who are not known to be boastful lot or type to kick start and push a domination agenda. The Aro I know are segregationist/purists and do not go about seeking for non existent relationships.
The Aro angle of Umuoji history was introduced by some Umuoji people, not Aros.

As for the story of Ezechima of Onitsha being of Aro origin, that's a crappy history revisionism, but who do you blame? When people starts distorting their own histories, outsiders would come and help them do it even more. I'm sure the Ezechima of Arochukwu story wasn't spurned By Aro people. Aro people don't recognize such history or relationship with Umuezechima. It was probably concocted by over zealous Igbo nationalists. grin, probably our Ipob people.

2 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

The Aro angle was not imposed by Aro people who are not known to be boastful lot or type to kick start and push a domination agenda. The Aro I know are segregationist/purists and do not go about seeking for non existent relationships.

As for the story of Ezechima of Onitsha being of Aro origin, that's a crappy history revisionism, but who do you blame? When people starts distorting their own histories, outsiders would come and help them do it even more. I'm sure the Ezechima of Arochukwu story wasn't spurned By Aro people. Aro people don't recognize such history or relationship with Umuezechima. It was probably concocted by over zealous Igbo nationalists. grin, probably our Ipob people.
You get it the other way round, Aro is know to impose superiority and possibly conquer an colonialize, it's in Aro blood to make others under him. That's why they are know for their inversions and bullies.

The story of Aro and Onitsha is proudly being falsely dispersed by them.
Agu-Uwkwu Nri performs the mainstream duties of the first born when Nri is involved.
They do the 'ikpu-alu' etc.
Enugu-Ukwu and recently Aguleri are just making noises and nothing more.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
OMANBALA1:

And your ijele or whatever masquerade, are they still alive and what are their significance at presence? You're not talking about individuals, pathetic, yet you said your community has achievers in different fields, name them and those fields of them. Loud mouth, Umuoji is next to nothing in Anambra, you're just blabbing and making nonsensical statements. In all, you've failed to make a sensible contribution in our discussion and I hereby cease from furthering this with you.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

You get it the other way round, Aro is know to impose superiority and possibly conquer an colonialize, it's in Aro blood to make others under him. That's why they are know for their inversions and bullies.

Agu-Uwkwu Nri performs the mainstream duties of the first born when Nri is involved.
You're less than thirty and you're making this erroneous assertions. Sorry.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

Thank you my brother, you have a vast knowledge of Igbo history, I respect you for that not some inconsequential fellow claiming omanbala he knows nothing about. Gods speed.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Negative, Agu-ukwu Nri is the first son. Also, you don't judge by the size. Many new communities are much older than the old.

Anambra Eastern Anambra West and then Oyi.

Also, I am yet to see Umuoji indigene that believes in the Aro story. More like Aro group imposing their 'superiority' bull craps on people. They are telling such stories about Onitsha origin too.
Lie, lie and more lies, you just have to revisit your historical source and verify. You're towing the lane of illusion and confusion. Grow up boy, you know zilch.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 5:26pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Thanks.
Who then is nri's first born and what is your prove?

Even elders in Agukwu and traditional custodians are certain with the fact that Enugwu Ukwu is the first born, no one refutes or disputes that fact.

Better get your facts right and stop disgracing yourself in the public.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by pazienza(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Arochukwu were aggressive in setting up camps/villages around Igboland to ensure steady supply of slaves. But they don't claim a people who are not theirs. Like I said,they are segregational and even supremacists in their prime.

The story of Aro and Onitsha is not being promoted by Aros.

On Agu ukwu nri. The name of their town seem to suggest their town was established in a thick forrest ( Agu/Ikpa in Igbo tongue), which is why I'm skeptical of their claim to being a first born.

Why would the first born live in an Agu. From my understanding of Igbo culture, the first born inherits the Uru/Uhu( Homestead) of their father, while the other sons move to nearby Agu to establish.

5 Likes

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
somegirl1:

The title "Nze" is conferred upon a select group in Oratta (Owerri) culture.
Don't be hasty to state your conjectures as fact.

Elaborate , please.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 5:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Lie, lie and more lies, you just have to revisit your historical source and verify. You're towing the lane of illusion and confusion. Grow up boy, you know zilch.

Stop shouting, Agu-Ukwu Nri are known to be first born, Enugu-Ukwu is not even in contention.
Really don't know which book you are reading the above piece of crap.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

Arochukwu were aggressive in setting up camps/villages around Igboland to ensure steady supply of slaves. But they don't claim a people who are not theirs. Like I said,they are segregational and even supremacists in their prime.

The story of Aro and Onitsha is not being promoted by Aros.

On Agu ukwu nri. The name of their town seem to suggest their town was established in a thick forrest ( Agu/Ikpa in Igbo tongue), which is why I'm skeptical of their claim to being a first born.

Why would the first born live in an Agu. From my understanding of Igbo culture, the first born inherits the Uru/Uhu( Homestead) of their father, while the other sons move to nearby Agu to establish.

Anyway, you have your point but people I have seen in real life tell the Aro Onitsha origin are from that side.
Thanks.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by ernieboy(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
zolajpower:

It is true bcus the typical Igbo man doesn't recognize an average Igbo speaking Delta man as a friend Igbo . Funny enough they do not even recognize an abakaliki people as Igbo that are across the nija let a one the Delta soaking Igbo .
don't mind many of these hypocrites here, when it comes to sharing of positions or resources these same people will be fast to remind those fringe ibos that they are not teal ibos.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

Why are you demonizing and roping Ndi Anambra into this?
Not all Anambra people subscribe into this Eri thing. Awka, Nnewi and many other parts of Anambra don't subscribe to it.
In contrast, there are individuals outside Anambra who subscribe to the Eri thing. Onwujeogwu, the famous Igbo anthropologist from Anioma Igbo, is one of the people who advanced this Eri hypothesis, and he isn't from Anambra. Nnamdi Kanu your Abia brother and his Ipob group, are strong proponents of the Eri and Jewish story.

We should learn to discuss these issues without hastily generalizing things or roping groups in, simply by association.
Still it's doesn't change the fact that it all started with the Omanbala(ERI descendants of Anambra), this can be trace as far as colonial era in which the European historians in the southern Nigeria that did their research on Igbo history, where able to know about ERI gave birth to all Igbo people only when they reach the colonial Anambra (present day Anambra ) they interviewed elders, chefs, natives and Kings this was how they get to know about ERI gave birth to all Igbo people.
The Nnamdi Kanu case is simply that his a devotee/convert/ follower (proselytize) of ERI centric school of thought, Pazienza what's the meaning of your Abia brother is Abia now HOMOGENEOUS thought you were preaching against it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed , for your information Nnamdi Kanu is not my brother/ relatives his from IBEKU UMUAHIA in which I'm from Ngwa and the only thing IBEKU and Ngwa have in common is the history of crossing the IMO RIVER.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
ernieboy:
don't mind many of these hypocrites here, when it comes to sharing of positions or resources these same people will be fast to remind those fringe ibos that they are not teal ibos.
Sharing what please and when has such happen?
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by letu(m): 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
pazienza:

The IPOB part is so funny grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

‘I Stand With Buhari’ Group Seeks Police Protection For 10 Million-Man March / 2019: Plot To Stop Buhari Thickens / South East Vs South West, Economic War Possibilities And Likely Scenarios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.