Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Purple Roses - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Roses (79533 Views)

Guns And Roses 18+ / Roses And Thorns / Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purple Roses by Investorrtbankz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
Men, stblessing ya a genius, lot of tension nd eagerness to c what happens next, please dont fail us, thanks 4 the update, you better pass Abraham wey dey miss pk
Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 15, 2019
thanks 4 d update wink
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2019
Na wa ooooo

Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Temtopy(f): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
well done Stblessings, this is an interesting story God bless you and pls keep the update coming cos we are Oliver Twist
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2019
Episode 13
Iniobong shivered as she walked through the rather lonely path of the Akachi park. She occasionally glanced left and right for the car that her partner, had according to her, parked somewhere near a statue of Our Lady. At first, she thought of giving up and going back home since she hadn't seen the vehicle. The night was cold, quiet and lonely. She was scared. Finally, when she had concluded to go back home, she saw A Jeep parked close to a huge statue of Our Lady Of Lourdes. She smiled and heaved a sigh of relief. She was finally going to get a reward for a job well done, getting Gift out of the house. She walked to the car and knocked on the window. The lady who was wearing a pair of dark shades, had been resting on the seat. She turned sideways and beckoned on the woman to come in. Ini opened the door and rested her huge bum on the seat.

"You wasted a lot of time" she said in her polished British accent.

"I'm very sorry miss, I had to sneak out. How are you..... Alexis?"

She smiled and removed the dark shades from her eyes, revealing the dark, vengeful, Egyptian eyes of Alexis Nzeribe-Garcia.

"I'm well" she said softly as she dropped the shades.

"I can see that. You haven't changed a bit from the last time we met miss, even though it's been past two decades"

"Thanks Ini, you don't look bad yourself"

"Did you bring my prize?"

"First of all, did you get rid of that girl?"

"I was able to get her out of the mansion"

"Just that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Common Inobong, I expected you to be smarter than that. When I said get rid of her, I meant get her out of the way, permanently"

"You mean...kill her?"

"That's the only thing that can guarantee our safety, Ini"

"No..never! I can't do that...I can't shed innocent blood all because of your selfishness. Gift is a good girl, she doesn't deserve to die"

"That's not my problem. Look, keeping her alive doesn't mean that the truth won't come out eventually. Killing her early enough will only make us…...."

"No, enough of this! Listen, you dare not lay a finger on even a strand of that girls hair. Because if I find out that you hurt her, I'm gonna report to the police and expose everything, and I don't care if I get punished for it, goodnight!" She made to open the door when Alexis lurched forward and grabbed her by the hair. She pinned her down and began to strangle her. Her cries for help where helpless as Alexis covered her mouth, and not many people were around. She continued to hold her neck tightly and strangle her until she rolled her eyes above her lids and dropped her hands, surrendering to death. Alexis kept her hands rolled around her now pale neck until she was sure she was dead. Finally, she sighed and let go. She widened her eyes in realization then. She had killed someone, again.
She rolled back to her seat and began to panic. She needed to get rid of the body before she was caught. She turned on her ignition, and drove with lightning speed out of the park. Luckily for her, there were no checkpoints around, so she was safe. She arrived a cold, deserted spot, in between bush paths, and stopped the car. She rushed out, opened the door and began to drag the obese body out of the car. Finally, she dumped the body, head up, hopped back to her car and zoomed of.

The lifeless body of Iniobong Eket just lay there, crying for justice.

Alexis drove silently, unsure of the next thing to do. Truly, she really didn't mean to kill the woman. She just panicked when she threatened to involve the police in the matter, coupled with her anger of her refusal to kill Gift. But the deed was done now, and there was no turning back.

She picked up her iPhone from her pocket and dialed a number. She placed it on her ear, and after ringing five times, it was picked up.

"Hello, Antonio..not good, I just killed someone....yeah...I need you to rally some men for me, assassins, skilled ones, bloody killers.....yeah, I need to exterminate a pest.... As soon as possible please...yeah, thank you..... goodnight......" She cut the call and dropped it, as the Jeep further drove into the darkness......

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by Investorrtbankz(m): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2019
Thanks 4 d update, hope to get Sunday update nd binus cool
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 2:27am On Aug 18, 2019
Hmmmmmm

Well done OP
Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 5:01am On Aug 18, 2019
stblessing nice one thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 7:46am On Aug 18, 2019
And it moved from drama to action....Hope they won't label Ngozi Ini's killer. Good works Op.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by gennysq(f): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
Nawa ooo.... Skilled assassins and killers just for one small Ngozi/Gift shocked
Re: Purple Roses by Itunubabs: 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
greatme2good:
And it moved from drama to action....Hope they won't label Ngozi Ini's killer. Good works Op.
My thought exactly
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2019
Who is this woman and why does she want Ngozi dead? It's a pity Iniobong died just like that...
Thanks for the update!
Re: Purple Roses by Investorrtbankz(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2019
@prudysara, Alexis was George girlfriend who want him back, George being a faithful husband didn't want such thing, now we want to sit down nd wait for stblessing to update to know the latest action

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
Investorrtbankz:
@prudysara, Alexis was George girlfriend who want him back, George being a faithful husband didn't want such thing, now we want to sit down nd wait for stblessing to update to know the latest action

She feels Susan snatched George from her. She was behind Daisy/ Ngozi/ Gift's disappearance when they were born. And Ini has been her agent in disguise.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
George furiously dialed her number again and placed it on his ear, waiting for a response. It rang several times, but there was no response. But he wasn't going to give up yet. Susan came downstairs, with her own phone in her hands. She too had been trying to call Iniobong.

"Did you get her?" She asked in a worried tone.

He shook his head "No, I didn't. I've already called the DPO to search for her"

"Oh my God, where could this woman have gone to, ehn?"

"I already asked Yahaya whether she stepped out yesterday. He said yes, very late at night, but she made him promise not to inform us. But don't worry, I'm sure we will find out very soon."

"Well I hope so" she made to dial the number yesterday, when Rose ran out of the living room to see them.

"Mum, dad, you've got to come see this, hurry!"

They looked at each other and followed her. She pointed to the television. It was the breakfast news on air, and a female reporter was reporting about a dead body found by the side of the road.

"The dead body of an unidentified woman has been found by the side of a bush path, in Mubarak road, not too far from the St Pius Catholic Church. According to eyewitnesses, the dead body was discovered in the early hours of today, by some early morning wakers. However, no one refused to carry the body to the morgue, although the necessary authorities have been contacted. Chioma Egeonu, reporting, for Imo Star News"

"I.. isn't that Ini?" She asked with a croaked voice and welled eyes.

George shook his head and raised it from his phone "It is her, the detective just sent me a text. I have to go to the station now" he turned to Susan who had covered her mouth and had been crying "I'm sorry" he patted her and headed out.

Rose burst into tears and hugged her mother.

"This is terrible, why would anybody do this?" She asked.

"I don't know my child, I don't know" she hugged her back.

Truly, Iniobong would be missed by the Okoyes. In the 24 years that she spent with them, she acted like a mother to all members and she was more than a maid to them. She was part of the family. It was indeed, a pity...

Gift opened the door and let the freshness of the morning sweep her face. She smiled at the sunlight, something she was seeing for the first time in weeks. Ever since she was sent out of the mansion, she had returned to Amakas house, and locked herself in depression. She cried for weeks, and wasn't herself. But now, she had put the past behind her and was ready to go out and get going again. She had accepted her fate anyways. At least, no more Rose trouble. She now intended on finding a good job to assist her mum and herself.

Amaka came out to meet her outside. She had gained some weight this pass few years, and her beauty came out more, a sign that she was really taking care of herself.

"So, where are you going now?" She asked Gift, placing her hand on her waist

"Will first, I'll go to Industry road an apply to some companies there. Then, I'll move to Douglas and also apply to some companies I see there as well. If I have time, I'll go to other places"

"Hm, are you sure you know your way to these places? Maybe it'll be better if I come with you" she offered.

"Amie, don't worry, I've been in Owerri for the past three years now. I now my way around. Besides, your madam would kill you if she finds out you skipped work today"

"As in ehn, I don't know what I'm still doing there till now. If not for this house rent I just finished paying, I would have left that witch siiinnnce, God forgive me"

"Maybe she just likes you too much, and you like her" she winked.

"Abeg go jor. Like nsi. Anyways, take this, it'll cover your transportation" she handed her a thousand naira note.

Gift gasped "Oh Amie, you don't have to do that naa"

"Mm, look who's pretending. Abeg take this thing jor, I know you don't have transport fare"

"Thank God you know" both laughed and she took it. "Thanks Amie, you are such an angel. I don't know what I would do without you"

"Awww, anytime. What are friends for?"

They smiled and hugged each other. After sometime, they let go. "Anyways, go now, so you won't come back late. You're to dramatic" she wiped a tear.

Gift smiled "Alright, bye"

"Bye" Amie said as she watched her walk out. She sniffed and went back in.

Gift went to the side of the road and waited for a cab. Just then, a man, dressed in black, with black shades, spotted her, and went into the black Jeep he was resting on. The Jeep was some distance from the compound she came out from. It purred to life and began to move slowly to her direction. She just stood there, unsuspecting. They stopped directly infront of her. The back seat glass was wind down a little, and a small pistol was popped out of it. She widened her eyes in shock, and made to run, but before she could react, the hand pulled the trigger, and the bullet flew, making a deafening sound. It hit her on her right chest, close to her arm, piercing her tender skin like a sword. When the deed had been done, like lightening, the jeep zoomed off.

She just stood there, dazed. She bent her neck, and saw the blood rushing out like a waterfall. She slowly fell on one knee, staring at the sun. The pain was starting to get more intense. Her
arm felt heavy. She slowly fell on her side, her vision getting blurry. People began to gather, but she couldn't see their faces. Her sight was starting to get fainter. The noises, getting louder. Her head, pounding. Then she heard Amakas faint voice calling her name. She could only see a faint figure of her best friend squatting down to her. Was she crying? She couldn't tell because her hearing had become faint. Then, she felt different arms gripping and carrying her weak and numb body, that was the last she could tell.

Then all went black.........

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by divinelypruned(f): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
Op I really love the way you put your words, thanks for the update,
I pray for Ngozi safety and victory
Re: Purple Roses by Investorrtbankz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2019
This is number 1 story on nairaland for now, thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2019
Ok Op I would like to point out some of my confusions. How did the assassins know who she is? I'm very sure for the past 25 years Alexis haven't set her eyes on her nor does she know what she looks like. And you never mentioned where Ini gave her Ngozi's picture.
That being said, you are doing a great job and I applaud your writing prowess.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Oluandy16(m): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2019
https://www.newsmanblog.com.ng/pain
Ever felt pain so deep.. Read about it by clicking the link
Re: Purple Roses by BiadeFolar(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
greatme2good:
Ok Op I would like to point out some of my confusions. How did the assassins know who she is? I'm very sure for the past 25 years Alexis haven't set her eyes on her nor does she know what she looks like. And you never mentioned where Ini gave her Ngozi's picture.

Alexis knew she was working in the same house with Ini. It wouldn't take the assailants too much effort to know where the housemaid schools, it wouldn't be tough to know her identity through her classmates,,, even Rose could have sold her out either intentionally or unknowingly
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 6:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
Me no like all this killings oooo, especially the attempt on Gift's life sad

Well done OP
Re: Purple Roses by fareedah86: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
This is a well thought out story...i love every bit of it...Please i have been refreshing like forever even at work...when will you give us the REST now?
Abeg now...
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
Episode 14
She sat on patiently on the seat of the hospital waiting room, arms folded, and trying desperately to hold back her tears. She was pretty much tired of shedding them anyways. Her eyes were swollen, and her mascara had washed down below her eyes. She looked miserable.

Suddenly, she heard someone calling her name, drawing her out of her thoughts. She looked up and saw Uchenna rushing in, looking extremely nervous.

"Amaka, what happened, where is she?"

"The doctors are still operating on her. She was shot on the chest by some unknown men" Amaka explained.

"Oh, shit!" He turned and punched the wall. He sniffed and a teardrop fell from his eye. "Why would someone do this to her?!"

"I don't know...I just don't know....." She broke down in tears.

He joined her in the waiting, refusing to sit, or remain calm. He walked to and fro, trying not to cry. But he was crying, deep inside. He couldn't imagine himself loosing the only woman he ever loved. He had even planned to propose to her very soon. He couldn't take it, it was too much.

Finally, after what seemed like infinity, a young lady, dark, tall and curvy, dressed in an operating uniform, walked up to them. Amaka recognized her and ran to her. Uche treaded behind.

"Doctor, how is my friend, please tell me she's fine"

The doctor removed the mask from her face. She sighed. "She's fine, we were able to successfully remove the bullet from her chest. Fortunately for her, the bullet didn't hit her on her heart, if not, the results would have been fatal. However, she's still in a coma"

Both heaved a sigh of relief.

"But will she be fine?" Amaka asked.

"We can't say for now, until she wakes up"

"Can we see her doctor?" He asked and wiped a tear from his face. It was as if a bucket of ice water had been poured on his burning heart.

"Of course, follow me please"

She turned and the followed the doctor to the third floor of the 7 storey building. They walked through the hallway and stopped at room 105.

"Remember you have limited time and please, try to be as quiet as possible... because of other patients"

They nodded and she opened the door. They both walked in and she closed the door again.

There she was. Laying helplessly on the hospital bed, an oxygen mask implanted on her face. She looked like sleeping beauty, waiting for the prince to kiss her, and wake her up from her hundred year sleep, as it seemed. Amaka walked closer to her and fell on her knees, bursting into tears. Uchenna just remained close to the door. He was scared of coming closer. He didn't want to. What if he got closer and she died in his arms? What if she was already dead? What if they were just wasting time? Different what ifs began to rain around his mind. He decided to brave it. Let the worst happen. He swallowed deeply and walked closer to her, shivering. He sat on the white plastic chair close to the bed. He reached out and touched her feeble, cold hand. He could feel his heart tear into a thousand pieces. He couldn't take it anymore, it was to much. He let the wet arms of tears grab his pale face. His voice cracked, and his throat went sore.

"Oh, my God. I can't believe this. How did this happen? Why would someone do this you Ngozi? You don't deserve to suffer this way. You don't deserve this" he paused and caught his breath. "You know, this is all my fault. If I hadn't broke up with her. If I had investigated her set up well, then we'd be married by now, and she wouldn't have to go through this. You are so stupid Uchenna Ezenwa. Stupid, stupid, stupid" he hit his head three times, and his face fell on the bed. The sheets were soaked in tears by now. Both visitors just stayed there, crying. Finally, he raised his head and spoke.

"I won't let this pass this time. Those behind this are gonna pay dearly"

Amaka raised her head and turned to him.

"This time, they have gone too far, and she's gonna pay..I swear" he stood up and walked out of the room. Amaka just turned to her friend and held her hand.

"Please wake up soon..."

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
greatme2good:

Actually miss great, you asked a very good question. You see, Antonio, the guy she called has connections to some powerful and skilled investigators. Ini must have told her the estate she lived before her demise, and they must have used that to track her to Amakas home. Some neighbors in the estate know Ngozi very well, including Amakas ex-boyfriend, the security guard that told Gift about the job. They must've used that to trace her to Amakas house. Thanks for asking though, your question will help clear any confusions by the readers. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nothing should happen to my gift oooo

OP Weldon ooo
Re: Purple Roses by Eddyella(f): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2019
BiadeFolar:

Alexis knew she was working in the same house with Ini. It wouldn't take the assailants too much effort to know where the housemaid schools, it wouldn't be tough to know her identity through her classmates,,, even Rose could have sold her out either intentionally or unknowingly

Remember,ever since she left the George's mansion she've not been herself,she've been in Amaka's room feeling depressed and that's her first time for going out in weeks not just week.

#WINKS#
Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
I hope Gift survives this.

Thanks for the update op
Re: Purple Roses by Oremeyii(f): 1:31am On Aug 24, 2019
The ghen ghen ghen ghen part haff reach
Kudos to the author, ur writing will take u places
Love the way u switched from tragedy to romance to suspense, it's really nice wink
Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Let Uchenna not go and hurt Rose for no reason o... This one he stormed out of the hospital lai dat. Uchenna needs to go for anger management class tongue tongue @stblessing I roff you wink
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
The canteen was less busy that afternoon. Only a few people were having lunch there, including Rose and her group, probably because of the new increase in the cost of meals. The four girls had been chatting away when Sandra brought up the topic.

"Ehen, Rose. Have you heard the recent trending news in town?"

She shook her head.

"It's Gift ooo, can you believe that she was shot yesterday morning?"

Michelle and Doris gasped in shock but Rose seemed less pertubed.

"Oh yeah, I heard the news. I guess karma finally caught up with her. Could be another person that she used and dumped that decided to take revenge on her, I might not be the only victim you know" she shrugged and took a sip of her drink.

"You do realize that this can be trouble for you, right?" Doris asked and raised a brow.

"What do you mean?"

"Rose, the whole school knows about it. They think you're responsible for the shooting, since, you know, you are her most recognized enemy" Sandra explained.

"That's their problem, not mine. I didn't try to get Gift killed, how can I do such a thing?"

Doris stretched out her hand and held hers. "You know you can tell us anything Rose, we won't tell anyone"

Rose yanked her arm away "Don't tell me that, im innocent! Listen, I really hate Gift and sometimes I feel like just killing her. But I don't have the heart to do such a thing, I'm not a murderer!"

The three girls turned to each other with doubtful and confused faces. Rose shook her head in disbelief.

"Unbelievable, you guys don't believe me do you? Fine, so be it! I don't care anymore. Bleep all of you and your suspicions okay, nonsense" she stood up, grabbed her bag and turned to leave.

"Rose, wait!" Doris called, but she ignored her and continued to leave. She hopped into her nearby car and zoomed off. She couldn't believe her best friends actually thought she was responsible for Gifts attempted murder. They were her childhood friends, how could they accuse her of such a thing? She couldn't do such, no matter the level of hatred she had for her 'worst enemy', she didn't have the morale to do such. But now, she didn't care anymore. They can suspect her all they want, fvck them all. She wiped her tear drop, and stepped on her brake, increasing her speed.

After a quick drive, she arrived at the mansion. She intended on going in, locking herself in her room, and crying and smoking all day. But what she saw shocked her. Hefty men in Black uniform, staying close to a police pick up van, and another Lexus car, parked not to far were talking to the gate keeper, Yahaya. She turned off the car engine and stepped down to meet them.

"Officers, na her be that" Yahaya pointed an accusing and betraying finger at her, which drew Rose aback. What was going on?

One of them, tall, dark and with a pointed nose walked to her.

"Madam, are you miss Rose Okoye?" He asked in a coarse voice.

She nodded nervously "Y..yes I am. How may I help you?"

"You are under arrest for the attempted murder of Miss Ngozi Okonkwo. We have a warrant for your arrest" he raised a piece of paper up.

"Wait wait wait, hold it there please. I mean, you can't just come to my home and arrest me for something I didn't do. Who put you up to this, tell me?"

"I did" said Uchenna as he stepped out of the Lexus car. He removed his shades and Rose widened her eyes in shock and realization.

"You again? How dare you?!" She charged at him and made to slap him, but he quickly held her arm in restraint.

"You wouldn't dare, you murder. The jig is up, and whether you like it or not, you will go to jail for all the evil you have committed, and I will personally make sure of that" he told her in a cold voice.

"How could you do this? Upon everything my parents have done for you"

"Take her away officers" he commanded and they handcuffed her.

"Please don't do this, I beg you" she pleaded as she burst into tears.

"We advice you to remain silent, as anything you say will be used against you in the court of law. Now, let's go" he pointed to the truck.

"Yahaya, please call my mother now, please"

"Yes..yes madam"

"Madam Move!" He barked at her.

She stood reluctantly, until he grabbed her pale arms and dragged her to the truck, forcing her onto the vehicle. She turned to Uchenna and whispered please at him, but he just smirked in response and entered his car. She covered her mouth as the tears continued to flow, and soon, the sirens began to wail and the truck hit the road.

For once, she felt scared.....

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
thanks
Investorrtbankz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.