Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy (36066 Views)

Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport / Canada Denying Nigerians Visas Unfairly, Says Envoy / Reps Ban Airlines From Canada, UK For Denying Nigeria Landing Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by handsomeyinka(m): 9:03am On Apr 16, 2019
Bluffly:

No country in the world refunds visa application fee after interview/biometricts. It is called visa application fee and not visa fee. If you cancel before going for your interview and biometrics, within the stipulated period, you get a refund, otherwise no
So are you trying to tell us that visa fee is free?

They should return some certain amount of the fee charged if visa is not granted.
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by DexterousOne(m): 9:05am On Apr 16, 2019
Kreamie:
All they’re trying to say..

Stay back and Fix your country!!

Action they say speaks louder than voice.
I

Nigeria is unfixable

Not with the hordes of idiots we have as country men.

Nigeria will still be a shithole for 50 years to come

That is why those who have seen have left that sinking ship.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by DexterousOne(m): 9:07am On Apr 16, 2019
xaggar:
The U.S is all about good roads, stable electricity and nice accommodation occupied by those who don't need you. Except u got something (cash or intellect) to offer.

Daz all!

It ain't heaven...so why da rush?

Because your country is a FAILED COUNTRY slipping further into the abyss.

The millennial don t want to have anything to do with that
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by DexterousOne(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2019
themosthigh:

Wetin you smoke? The United States is the greatest country there is, there ever was and there will ever be. Stop deceiving people and tricking them to stay in Nigeria. It is one of the worst countries there is. A country which has failed in all good things and is leading in almost all miserable things. It’s is a country lead by thieves and failure who richer every day while the smart ones suffer in poverty, penury and learned silence.
Despite my education, I a hopeless failure and had lost hope before I moved to the United States.
Now I am more fufiled than ever. In 5 years, I have gotten married, bought a house, have 2 kids and drive the latest Toyota’s and Fords. I am very satisfied with my life and I can get any Nigerian Food or fun I like here in Atlanta.
No youth should remain in Nigeria. Even buharis daughter and her husband live in Florida and all our politicians children are here pursing their passports.

You have said it all
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by handsomeyinka(m): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2019
Didi2d:

Nice..

But please what's the advantage of buying a house in the US?
Does it give automatic stay or permit? Just wanna know
You can only buy a house on mortgage if you have a green card or if you are a citizen with a good credit history ..
Though most times if you have cash to pay in full, you will be able to bypass some documentation screening about your status,hence you will be able to buy your house but you will still need to give out your social security number for property tax purposes.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by nurez305(m): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2019
themosthigh:

Wetin you smoke? The United States is the greatest country there is, there ever was and there will ever be. Stop deceiving people and tricking them to stay in Nigeria. It is one of the worst countries there is. A country which has failed in all good things and is leading in almost all miserable things. It’s is a country lead by thieves and failure who richer every day while the smart ones suffer in poverty, penury and learned silence.
Despite my education, I a hopeless failure and had lost hope before I moved to the United States.
Now I am more fufiled than ever. In 5 years, I have gotten married, bought a house, have 2 kids and drive the latest Toyota’s and Fords. I am very satisfied with my life and I can get any Nigerian Food or fun I like here in Atlanta.
No youth should remain in Nigeria. Even buharis daughter and her husband live in Florida and all our politicians children are here pursing their passports.
sir, when are you inviting me to join you sir
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Mizwisdom(f): 9:36am On Apr 16, 2019
Spending N60K for only a dicey visa? grin that's two month's minimum wage. They should reduce visa fees

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Mizwisdom(f): 9:42am On Apr 16, 2019
themosthigh:

Hahaha AjallaDtraveller has exposed you, but why bro? why are u people so insincere. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by nurez305(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2019
AjalaDtraveller:

grin grin grin grin

You are wicked ooo

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Efomeh2020(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2019
Visa application is a huge revenue generation scheme for US government. Imagine millions of Nigerians who registered monthly with about 70k.
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by DexterousOne(m): 9:55am On Apr 16, 2019
Bluffly:

No country in the world refunds visa application fee after interview/biometricts. It is called visa application fee and not visa fee. If you cancel before going for your interview and biometrics, within the stipulated period, you get a refund, otherwise no

Egypt has refunded me a portion of visa money I paid before
So your assertion is WRONG
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by ikobong1234: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Nigeria is better than America in every aspect I will say it again and again. However I'm not live in America. But today I'm married got many estates,cars and hotels. I'm the most happiest man in the world. In fact my brother that spent over 15 years in Wisconsin couldn't withstand me.
You are right sir!
But help a brother here for school fee
3109631326,,FBN
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Bluffly: 9:58am On Apr 16, 2019
handsomeyinka:

So are you trying to tell us that visa fee is free?

They should return some certain amount of the fee charged if visa is not granted.
Get the drift. There's nothing like visa fee. You paid for the visa application process and not the visa

StudyCrest, your sure route to studying abroad.
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by GuntersChain(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2019
they have come again.
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Bluffly: 10:04am On Apr 16, 2019
DexterousOne:

I wasn't ascertaining. It is a fact. Tell us the truth
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Bluffly: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2019
DexterousOne:

I wasn't ascertaining. It is a fact. Tell us the truth. I'm sure you used an agent that sweetened you.

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:14am On Apr 16, 2019
All I know is that , try your luck if you can , but as for me I will farm here Nigeria for ever and ever
Since 2015 I have never stepped my feet at the Walter carrighton road

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by hammed71(m): 10:33am On Apr 16, 2019
RTSC:

Not going to happen.
We have exceeded our quota.
we can't just say so, some countries had been added back to the list after getting ineligible like soithafrica

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Zigdore: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I don't know why people rushing go America, after all Nigeria is better than America.you see one there asked why they don't return Visa application form fee.you think they care. Beware don't go to their Facebook they just want to throw some sweet words so people will forget the past and apply for Visa they will still denying you .its another Avenue to scam Nigerians.

You are very right , they are experiencing low revenue now since most Nigerians have stopped applying. So its a way off Scaming Nigerians again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by RTSC: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2019
hammed71:
we can't just say so, some countries had been added back to the list after getting ineligible like soithafrica
It would take some intense lobbying.

We are in the same category with India and China in terms of number of immigrants in America.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by jimcaddy(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2019
Why go to America when you can easily enter Canada. Nigerians like to travel ehn...

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by hammed71(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2019
RTSC:

It would take some intense lobbying.

We are in the same category with India and China in terms of number of immigrants in America.
That's true. so we Nigerians have to forget about the lottery for now
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Teetop22(f): 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
sarrki:

65 3'

FEATURED
We’re not happy denying Nigerians visa —US embassy
Published

April 15, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The United States Embassy in Nigeria says contrary to popular beliefs, its visa officers are not always happy denying the visa applications of Nigerians.

The embassy subsequently asked Nigerians to tune into a live Facebook talk at 2 pm on Wednesday.

A Facebook post read in part, “Contrary to popular opinion, visa officers do not enjoy handing anyone the 214b refusal letter.

“Proof: Visa Officers will be live on Facebook to talk about some of the commonly misunderstood questions on the DS 160 and help you improve your next application.”

However, over 200 Nigerians disagreed in the comment section of the embassy’s Facebook page.

READ ALSO: Obey the court, release electoral materials, PDP tells INEC

Adaobi Emmanuella Njoku wrote, “Contrary to what you just posted, I think and believe they actually do enjoy it because they act like they know it all and still end up giving visas to people without genuine intentions.

“I can’t wait for Wednesday to come because I have already prepared my questions. They will explain to me how it is possible to deny a person visa three times with three different reasons at different times when the form was filled exactly the same and for the same purpose: for a medical trip to help save one’s child. I can’t wait for Wednesday.”

Menuba Esther Amaka also wrote, “Why is the application fee non-refundable? That’s what is bordering me.”

Another Facebook user, Akufai Valentine Jonah, recalled how he was denied a visa despite obtaining a scholarship in 2013.

He also expressed disapproval with the way the consular officer spoke to him.

More in Home

Latest Spanish La Liga table (WK 32)

La Liga: Madrid disappoint again in dreary draw with Leganes

Latest English Premier League table (Wk 34)

Exploitative Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps member risks five-year jail

EPL: Arsenal edge past 10-man Watford, move into top four
Jonah wrote, “I had a terrible experience in 2013. I got a scholarship to attend a conference in Denver but was denied a visa. I was not angry because I was denied a visa. I was angry with the manner of the disrespect from the consular officer.

“Imagine giving one that refusal letter and you are told ‘off you go’ without any tangible explanation, after reading the letter, it states that I don’t have strong ties to my country either through being married, neither do I have a job and back then I used to work with an NGO and it was clearly stated in my application. I have forgotten the third excuse.

“I just laughed and left, I know people who are single then and are still single today that have got US visas. I know people who have no job but have got a US visa, I know people who had zero travel records but were granted US visa. Since that episode, I have never ever applied for a US visa because I don’t have any business there for now.”

The PUNCH had reported last year how the US denies hundreds of Nigerians visas on a daily basis and how the embassy generates N57m from Nigerians.

https://punchng.com/were-not-happy-denying-nigerians-visa-us-embassy/

They should be able to refund our money since they've denied us Visa to their country. Simple
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by planetx: 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
themosthigh:

If American's tell themselves during the great depression that no youth should remain in America you wouldn't have a country to run to five years ago.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by planetx: 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
bendike:

Your right bro. My mechanic managed to relocate to USA. The guy by Nigeria standard is a big boy now oh. Built several houses and sends cars down for sale like no man's business. All his fellow mechanics back then are wallowing in poverty.
Lies, keep deceiving yourselves. Mechanic building house and sending cars, how much mechanic makes in the US.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by manitoba(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2019
US Visa is now like Bet9ja for even genuine travellers .
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by planetx: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
AjalaDtraveller:

Lol busted. I knew his story was bullshit.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Beautyaddy: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
lol!...Funny Thread.

But seriously, why is the US embassy having the need to even explain themselves about why they are denying multiple Nigerians US visas when they know that majority of the applicants for their visas have very high immigrant intents in mind?

They already know the situation of the country their embassy is located in and seeing the thousands of applicants applying for their visas everyday to escape from Nigeria because they don't want to deal with Buhari's Next Level promises...lol!

Most of the applicants complaining that they were denied US visa should try other countries too like Canada, UK or even Australia...however they already know that those countries will still not grant them visas too.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Dammilekan(m): 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
planetx:
Lies, keep deceiving yourselves. Mechanic building house and sending cars, how much mechanic makes in the US.
baba say what you know mechanics are making money in the USA,uk,canada..... Don't say things you don't know

2 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by themosthigh: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
planetx:
If American's tell themselves during the great depression that no youth should remain in America you wouldn't have a country to run to five years ago.

It’s different. Nigeria has never been successful

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Beautyaddy: 2:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dammilekan:
baba say what you know mechanics are making money in the USA,uk,canada..... Don't say things you don't know

Very correct.

Cost of labour is very expensive in those countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video) / Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.