Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job (36213 Views)

School Children Get Excited As They See Lady With Big Nyash(video) / Peter Okoye Deletes How To Book P'square: Says 'My Family Comes First' / Peter Okoye Shares Photo Of How Arsenal Fans Now Watch Football After 4-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Baroba(m): 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
Using Naija as a test case the guy is spot on, a lot of people spent 30 years in civil service or private sector with absolutely nothing to show for it..Even if you have a decent job, create a side hustle no matter how small..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by H2Ossss(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

what are you even saying here guy, what if i have a business and am making a whole lots of profits whereby i employ you since you since you prefer a job,
and your salary is 30k a month please tell me how will you feed your family and also yourself?

Please be wise guy,
dont compare other old business with new once,
afterall the ideas been used to run the businesses then is not the same idea been used to run now,

please reject poverty and want by trying to startup a profitable business thanks

Lets turn the table.. what If I earn millions... and you own a business that you make peanuts.... I send my kids to the best schools and yours are in public schools... since enterprenuership na by force for you. think of it that way

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by okafor200(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2019
For those of you freakingly thinking of only having a job,
i tell you life will be really hard for you when you get to retire,

jobs payment are only for your present needs,
it cant guarantee your future of been financially free,

even if you are been paid 500k in a month and you dont try to invest it by owning a private business or invest in real estate then i tell you life will be hard for you if you ever get to retire,

but as for business that is been properly managed and run will stay on even if you retire,
so your children can also follow your footstep,

but to me its a shame the rich kids dont really know how to maintain a business,
all they know is when they are broke they intend selling off their fathers properties and businesses
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by H2Ossss(m): 10:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
Baroba:
Using Naija as a test case the guy is spot on, a lot of people spent 30 years in civil service or private sector with absolutely nothing to show for it..Even if you have a decent job, create a side hustle no matter how small..

Those that spend years in business.. how many of them have somethkng to show for it... let's be honest... on the average... ppl with legitimate businesses and ppl with jobs in Nigeria.. who are the more successful?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Lovelyn451:
True...but you have to groom them in the business from young age
I was born into textile business...measuring and cutting yards is a part of me, all I need do is work for sometime, save and start up my own business and I'll groom my kids in the same business
hw many is a yard?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nothing he said is wrong. Many are not just ready for that message because majority of human beings fall into the category of followers. We all know it is mainly leaders who take risk and set up businesses. Business is about rejecting what is safe and secure, i.e a 9 to 5 job, to take a leap of faith. What Peter should be careful of is the sort of talk that makes it seem as if those who choose not to set up their own business are letting their children down or are inferior folks.

We cannot all be business owners because we would then have no employees. I agree with Peter that a business, if successful, perhaps presents a more fulfilled life but for people who have no inclination or talent for gambling then a good and steady job is also a way to succeed and plan for your future and that of your family through savings, pension schemes, shares, investments etc. As a businessman I understand what Peter is saying but I also know many friends in regular jobs who have good lifestyles, better than many businessmen, and won't struggle to give their kids a good start in life. It all boils down to the individual because the sad truth is many do not have the talent to run a business whereas a huge number of us have the ability to work well for others with the right motivation i.e salary and perks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ogaemmy:
He is right, and has a point.

And one thing I realised on getting to Kano is that, most Hausa men are either into businesses or farming. They make sure they train their kids on this business. That's why most rich Hausa boys are products of inherited businesses just like the Dantatas and Isiaka Rabiu(Bua) family.

But Southerners? The dead of the founder is always the dead of the empire and business. Chidlren go d fight for money.

You have made that observations too.

Nice.

thought it was just me

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
gypsey:
Maybe in nigeria, I drive delivery trucks/trailers Around europe, sometimes i take home £2500 per month..i am training to be a train driver if i pass, My yearly salary will be £44000 . with 10 weeks paid holidays, 6 months paid sick leave, Trust me running a business isn't better.
baba why na u wan compare Europe with Nigeria
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by royal231(m): 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ipob.. For Peter okoye matter... The hatred is real... Be cured

Princeofnigeria:
But diamond Bank son run down the father's business.

Besides all iPob terrorist can't manage family business that's why the useless psquare got separate from family business.

Ipob is a terrorist organization and all Nigerias should put their hands on deck for total anhehilation of the iPob miscreants
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by okafor200(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
H2Ossss:

Lets turn the table.. what If I earn millions... and you own a business that you make peanuts.... I send my kids to the best schools and yours are in public schools... since enterprenuership na by force for you. think of it that way

there is nothing like that guy,
even if you earn millions from a job you are still not better than someone that runs a business,

you have a boss you answer yes sir to every single day while i have no one to call my boss and am free to do all i want,

in business my profits are not really been specified in a day or months but your salary is,

to tell you in business i can make more profits than you having a job,
ok tell me the job you are doing is it not run by someone?
Will you compare yourself with your boss?

Its when the company makes profit thats only when the workers will be paid off peanuts in a month,

be wise guy to me business is far more better please
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by F9Nizooria(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
haters won't like this, E pain someppl.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Sirchef: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Business is legacy not job. Mr P is 100% correct
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
princeking2:
I think this Guy is right. Nobody inherits their parents job. Instead you inherit their business which turns out a job for others.
Bill gates, Warren buffet, Aliko Dangote, Adenuga, Abiola etc, which business did they inherit from their parents? Many salary earners will live more fulfilled lives than many so called business owners. Not all will succeed in business abeg.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Raalsalghul: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
H2Ossss:

But he is not right bruv... Your kids will never run your business well if they have no passion for it... You don't own a business so your kids can inherit it... Imagine my dad owns a bank and I want to be a footballer... I'll end up handing over the bank to som1 who will cheat me...
That's one of the faults in his arguments. Passion also matters!
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by H2Ossss(m): 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

even if you earn millions from a job you are still not better than someone that runs a business,

you have a boss you answer yes sir to every single day while i have no one to call my boss and am free to do all i want,

in business my profits are not really been specified in a day or months but your salary is,

Its when the company makes profit thats only when the workers will be paid off peanuts in a month,

Oya ohhh... run your business sir... You will still call you customer "Sir"....

3 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Lovelyn451(f): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2019
dancok:
hw many is a yard?
36 inches...coman learn beta work
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
maasoap:
The guy is right. But majority of Nigerians are always afraid of business, they have phobia for business. Most just want to work for the government or someone or some people who had livers to establish their own businesses even if it means them receiving peanuts at the end of the month.
The guy even said that we should think business when returned from our paid jobs.
bro why dem no go fear to do business in Nigeria sometimes u must get Craze for head, as business no easy o, hmm u want to compete with diabolic competitors or sometimes ritualist fronting as a business man, it school of hard knock,unless God intervene.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:
For those of you freakingly thinking of only having a job,
i tell you life will be really hard for you when you get to retire,

jobs payment are only for your present needs,
it cant guarantee your future of been financially free,

even if you are been paid 500k in a month and you dont try to invest it by owning a private business or invest in real estate then i tell you life will be hard for you if you ever get to retire,

but as for business that is been properly managed and run will stay on even if you retire,
so your children can also follow your footstep,

but to me its a shame the rich kids dont really know how to maintain a business,
all they know is when they are broke they intend selling off their fathers properties and businesses

You make valid point but the bottom line is that many will fail running their own business because they are not leaders, lack focus, are not innovative and are not natural solutions providers. Many go into business because of the attractive rewards of running your business that you list. Yet they fail because their skillset, talent and nature may not predispose them to being successful business folks.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
dancok:
baba why na u wan compare Europe with Nigeria
Okay, Sorry grin
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Raalsalghul: 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Oshigun:
Nothing he said is wrong. Many are not just ready for that message because majority of human beings fall into the category of followers. We all know it is mainly leaders who take risk and set up businesses. Business is about rejecting what is safe and secure, i.e a 9 to 5 job, to take a leap of faith. What Peter should be careful of is the sort of talk that makes it seem as if those who choose not to set up their own business are letting their children down or are inferior folks.

We cannot all be business owners because we would then have no employees. I agree with Peter that a business, if successful, perhaps presents a more fulfilled life but for people who have no inclination or talent for gambling then a good and steady job is also a way to succeed and plan for your future and that of your family through savings, pension schemes, shares, investments etc. As a businessman I understand what Peter is saying but I also know many friends in regular jobs who have good lifestyles, better than many businessmen, and won't struggle to give their kids a good start in life. It all boils down to the individual because the sad truth is many do not have the talent to run a business whereas a huge number of us have the ability to work well for others with the right motivation i.e salary and perks.
Best comment so far on this thread. Highlighting both the pros and cons of each side.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by DeOTR: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

You can be better off working in some companies than doing some businesses you know?
A pilot earn about $120000 annually on the average in the US. What kind of business will fetch you such amount of money if you're not rich already?
It's good to go into business and trust me, many people who are on paid jobs have side businesses, but to have a business that pays well, you need money.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
Lovelyn451:
36 inches...coman learn beta work
we can start together
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Oluwaseyi00(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
sexiestharam:
He is right. What job is secure?
FG job. undecided
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by okafor200(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
H2Ossss:

Those that spend years in business.. how many of them have somethkng to show for it... let's be honest... on the average... ppl with legitimate businesses and ppl with jobs in Nigeria.. who are the more successful?

what are you saying here?
Come to my side here and see average men who own businesses that are making millions,
have you ever seen in top 10 richest men in nigeria and also the world seen someone that is been paid salary before?

Look at dongote and adenuga they all own a business,

why are their workers not given the richest men in africa or nigeria?

Its because they are been paid off with peanuts,

let me tell you one secret if you are a worker or seeking for a job,

anyday you go to work and work if you compare your time and energy to it you will see that on a normal note you have worked more than your monthly salary even in a day,

imagine you earning 20k a month and you are working for where dey do sell motor glass and you know the minimum glass been sold there is 10k,

and a day you sell a minimum of 15 glasses please tell me who is on profit?
You or the owner of the business?

You have made the owner maybe lets say 2.5 million naira in a month whereby your so called peanuts of a salary is 20k,

so be wise guy,
also this applies to workers earning 500k upwards,

you would have made 500 million naira for your boss or company before you will be paid that huge amount,

thats it thanks

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Oluwaseyi00(m): 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2019
sexiestharam:
He is right. What job is secure?

FG job undecided
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by LikesAndShares: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
Peter is right.

But in a society where job mentality pervades, people will not understand the truth in what he has said...
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by H2Ossss(m): 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

Come to my side here and see average men who own businesses that are making millions,
have you ever seen in top 10 richest men in nigeria and also the world seen someone that is been paid salary before?

anyday you go to work and work if you compare your time and energy to it you will see that on a normal note you have worked more than your monthly salary even in a day,

imagine you earning 20k a month and you are working for where dey do sell motor glass and you know the minimum glass been sold there is 10k,

You have made the owner maybe lets say 2.5 million naira in a month whereby your so called peanuts of a salary is 20k,

so be wise guy,

you would have made 500 million naira for your boss or company before you will be paid that huge amount,

thats it thanks

Come to my side and see guys making millions from jobs... it's vice versa bruv... what works for you na the way... Good night
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by bettercreature(m): 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
SherylMiracle:
bitter truth
What you owe your children is a quality education.That is all

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by LikesAndShares: 11:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

You or the owner of the business
?

so be wise guy,

you would have made 500 million naira for your boss or company before you will be paid that huge amount

thats it thanks

This is the gospel truth.

But so many of them are not even ready to accept the truth.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Raalsalghul: 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
okafor200:

so be wise guy,

thats it thanks
In the business/paid employment argument, you should understand that there is no "one size fits all".

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
But diamond Bank son run down the father's business.

Besides all iPob terrorist can't manage family business that's why the useless psquare got separate from family business.

Ipob is a terrorist organization and all Nigerias should put their hands on deck for total anhehilation of the iPob miscreants

what is this one saying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities In School Uniform(photos) / Uche Kachikwu's "Olol" Music Video Released / Shafy Bello Celebrates Her 50th Birthday With Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.