Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job (36217 Views)

School Children Get Excited As They See Lady With Big Nyash(video) / Peter Okoye Deletes How To Book P'square: Says 'My Family Comes First' / Peter Okoye Shares Photo Of How Arsenal Fans Now Watch Football After 4-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Siscooh: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2019
dfrost:

Don't mind him. Make your bed the way you deem fit and lie on it that way. Simple.

His son must inherit music and his brand or else...
Yes O
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by observanc1: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2019
H2Ossss:

Come to my side and see guys making millions from jobs... it's vice versa bruv... what works for you na the way... Good night
the businesses are still controlled by govt workers. A govt worker earning 50k per month can still order for the demolition of the shops of the businessmen earning millions, bankrupt them and they go back to square one.
El rufai, a govt worker did it as FCT Minister (not that it was good). Destroyed shops and houses in wuse, gwagwa, idu, karimo etc.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by observanc1: 8:04am On Apr 17, 2019
bettercreature:
What you owe your children is a quality education.That is all
God bless you.
He should rather advocate setting up education funds for your children, so whether u are alive or not, ur children will get quality education.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by jeff1607(m): 8:04am On Apr 17, 2019
cuppy, davido , Yusuf etc what do they have in common?

kids these days would run your empire to the ground
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Just mention like 50 Northern families please. Some of una go just dey type like say na breeze dey your cranium. You just know 3 families and you use it as a benchmark for the North? The same north with abject squalor, high illiteracy, and poverty? C'mon. While it's the Southerners that are doing it wrong. Good. Good.

You are obviously ignorant of the subject matter

A trip to Kano/Kaduna will open your eyes

yes indeed there are poor and wretched fellows up there

But there are MANY rich FAMILIES up north who detest publicity much, but we see and know them.

The ones who run family businesses like transporting livestock to sell across Nigeria, oil /gas; trading and even bureau de change (the man who handles our bureau de change needs at home is FROM a wealthy home I.e. both him and his step brothers run the business on their aged father behalf)

it's easy to sit in onitsha or oshogbo and just assume that the north is all poverty and wretchedness, while at the same time failing to realuse that it's the same north that Igbos troop to everyday for business
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 17, 2019
observanc1:
nice one. Wish u d best in ur training
thank you!
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2019
jeff1607:
cuppy, davido , Yusuf etc what do they have in common?

kids these days would run your empire to the ground

if you don't raise them right, they will run your empire to the ground

Which still goes back to the parent
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by jeff1607(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Ugosample:

how many wealthy parents have the time and decency to do that?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by jeff1607(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Ugosample:

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by uchwar1: 8:18am On Apr 17, 2019
copy and paste by Peter Okoye. Plagiarism!!!
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by lifedynamics: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2019
Those of you saying "There's nothing wrong with.."
Abeg abeg abeg...The job market will be saturated if everyone studies the same thing and applies for the same job...too much supply is horrible for the people but good for companies, who can select whomever they want in whatever flawed ways they think will get them the best employees. Teach your Children Entrepreneurship, they can do both and aren't dependent on some money hungry capitalists.
You can work first and later start your company, you can work and have your business, you can try to start if it doesn't work, work to keep your head above the water and try again.

Please society shouldn't be Worker-Factory or Service based, we are not practicing Communism here.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2019
True
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by lifedynamics: 8:24am On Apr 17, 2019
jeff1607:

Ask the Families of the "Men who built America", the Fuggers of Germany and all others who have Generational wealth and don't use their money to marry 10 Wives, with 30 Concubines and 50 Children who fight over whatever is left of their Father's scraps.

Rubbish!...it's so painful
What are MKOs kids doing with his money?
Where is Odutola Tires?
Abegii...Africans lack that Entrepreneur instinct or use the money to buy 50 G-wagon or the most common these days spend the money on Bum Bum.
Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by lifedynamics: 8:34am On Apr 17, 2019
I know those from the Factory Generation will object...
The so-called" special" Generation that think they are better than all of us Youths. Theives who robbed Nigeria, Destroyed the climate and had Mates like Abacha and Babangida, calling youths Lazy, how dare you?
Same Story in America, Britain and other Parts of the world, destroying our futures and the economy and calling us Instagram obsessed lazy youths.
Ironic, The enemies are the ones who think they're "right" and know "best", after draining our budgets and still rule over us today with Buhari, Atiku and Tinubu thinking they know what is to be done.

We need the bloodiest Revolution the world has ever seen in Nigeria. That myth of " Respect for Elders" or "Culture" is to bully us and keep us down.

Wake up Nigeria!! We youths are more than them,it's a chance given to us by God. Let us rid ourselves of this cursed Generation of Nigerians and let that "Granpa" excuse slide once and for all!

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by lifedynamics: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Ogaemmy:
He is right, and has a point.

And one thing I realised on getting to Kano is that, most Hausa men are either into businesses or farming. They make sure they train their kids on this business. That's why most rich Hausa boys are products of inherited businesses just like the Dantatas and Isiaka Rabiu(Bua) family, talk more of the Lebanese.

Do you know why every Lebanese you meet is rich? Ask them, they all inherited wealth. Don't ask me how I got to know, my cousin is a Lebanese, niggur living large on inherited businesses and running it smoothly on his 20s. Likewise every other one I meet.

But Southerners? The dead of the founder is always the dead of the empire and business. Chidlren go d fight for money.

I swear I'm telling you... After they will start saying the North is bullying them and keeping power for themselves.
Please! No one wants to share the table with Losers.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2019
charliboy654:

Having a job doesn't stop u from owning a business. It's better to have multiple source if income than just from a job.
And if my job pays me well? and i am happy with it. it is not all about money.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
even doctors now have side hustle.

Wake up this Nigeria.
how many doctors? And is it only doctors you saw in my comment?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
u are d idiot.....oya go and inherit d immigration office,and don't forget to ask Dem why thy collect bribe from ppl
I am not surprised, you are one of the illiterates nigerians i am talking about, Just like Peter okoye.

You couldn't even make your dumb point in a clearly written English. grin
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
we talking about Nigeria Mr

I taught is all green over dia,why d complain.....you should have pretend like your fellow.
Is this supposed to make sense?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
mumu be wasting... .so many doctors I know,dat have faced reality,don't wake up now
Is this supposed to make sense?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2019
jeff1607:

In the western world, we have businesses run by families for centuries

in the orient, the same
But African man being the fool that he is will rather spoil his kids rotten and give him the leeway to oppress unfortunate kids, rather than train him up to be useful and help the famiky business

That is why with the exception of Dangote group, I highly doubt any business will outlive its owner.

a case in point, the foolish son of Pascal Dozie ran his father company aground
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
I am not surprised, you are one of the illiterates nigerians i am talking about, Just like Peter okoye.

You couldn't even make your dumb point in a clearly written English. grin
hahahaha

No hustle,dey busy dey Braga with another man language.(mr English).

I know ur type dat spend half of dia Lifetime bragging abt paper or bn able to speak anoda man language (English).

We tell u,....u no hear

Beta wake up xpt u want to end up a tif
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ugosample(m): 9:08am On Apr 17, 2019
lifedynamics:

Ask the Families of the "Men who built America", the Fuggers of Germany and all others who have Generational wealth and don't use their money to marry 10 Wives, with 30 Concubines and 50 Children who fight over whatever is left of their Father's scraps.

Rubbish!...it's so painful
What are MKOs kids doing with his money?
Where is Odutola Tires?
Abegii...Africans lack that Entrepreneur instinct or use the money to buy 50 G-wagon or the most common these days spend the money on Bum Bum.
Rubbish!

You have answered him well.

Assuming I saw your comment prior to answering him, I would have left it as that.

I know of SO SO many Indian businesses that are 4th /5th generation

even in America

so many families are generation rich

They run their family law chambers/ hospitals/ business etc forever and continue to add value.

look at Walmarr
what of Koch brothers

Even Samsung of South Korea

The black man lacks discipline and foresight

Those of us who broke out of that chain of foolishness had to make a lot of effort to do so.

And the black man lack of discipline reflect on every facet of the society

That is why he cannot delay gratification etc

That is why I will continue to respect Oga Aliko

he has broken free from that foolishness
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by hinere(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2019
I woke up this morning tired and confused about this country. Finally done with looking for a job that may never come. Thinking of a learning a skill and starting a business but I don't know the business to start.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
hahahaha

No hustle,dey busy dey Braga with another man language.(mr English).

I know ur type dat spend half of dia Lifetime bragging abt paper or bn able to speak anoda man language (English).

We tell u,....u no hear

Beta wake up xpt u want to end up a tif

You still made no sense. what does hustle mean? grin Is it an occupation? or a job description?

No, you don't know me, you have never met my type.

Sorry but i find it Hard to read the rest of your writtings.
English is my language i was born in England.

And what language are you writting in now? Nigerian langauge? grin Look! mate Just go and learn, Money isn't Everything. Good luck!
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 17, 2019
bettercreature:
What you owe your children is a quality education.That is all
Thank you very much, Peter okoye is an Illiterate himself that's why he is Ignorant of that fact.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2019
lonelydora:
Very true. This is why many Nigerian businesses do not last once the man (owner or founder) dies.

Most American companies are more than 100 years old because their children learnt the business and continued with it. You hardly see a Nigerian business that last years after the death of the founder.

We always think once you graduate and get a white collar job, you have made it in life.

Not totally true. The American businesses get incorporated. These corporations have board of directors, excellent management, and systems of hiring and promotion. When the founder dies, his next of kin inherits his majority shares. He may not even be actively participating in the company. The company is already a system with excellent boards.

For example Steve Jobs died in 2011, but Apple is still up and running and progressing. His wife who inherited his shares know nothing about putting softwares together, or managing a tech company.

We hardly incorporate our businesses seriously, and there lies our problem, not carrying children along. In corporations, the highest share holder has the highest decision power and technically owns the company, not the CEO. This makes it flexible in building long lasting companies, without having your children leave their dreams to pursue yours. Dangote's son can be a rapper and still be the owner of dangote group.

I'm sure Paris Hilton knows nothing about running her daddy's 5star international hotels. She's balling, and the companies are still afloat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Justinba1997(m): 9:52am On Apr 17, 2019
A great man said is not a sin to be a salary earner, but its the greatest sin to die been a salary earner.... see the full meaning of J. O. B.
J-JOURNEY
O-OF D
B-BOROWER.... BUSINESS IS LIFE
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by nick50(m): 10:09am On Apr 17, 2019
Anambra state has the highest number of most successful business moguls of all time..clear road for them its in their blood
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
You still made no sense. what does hustle mean? grin Is it an occupation? or a job description?

No, you don't know me, you have never met my type.

Sorry but i find it Hard to read the rest of your writtings.
English is my language i was born in England.

And what language are you writting in now? Nigerian langauge? grin Look! mate Just go and learn, Money isn't Everything. Good luck!
I could decide to learn French or Yoruba language, English is just like every other language get dat into ur skull and free urself from dat inferior mindset.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shafy Bello Celebrates Her 50th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Wizkid Applauds Olamide Over His 'Lagos Na Wa' 7th Album Release / Cossy Orjiakor: "I Dislike Iyabo Ojo, Daniella Okeke & Apostle Johnson Suleman"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.