Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job (36211 Views)

School Children Get Excited As They See Lady With Big Nyash(video) / Peter Okoye Deletes How To Book P'square: Says 'My Family Comes First' / Peter Okoye Shares Photo Of How Arsenal Fans Now Watch Football After 4-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 3:05am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
if you say so. you know 1 medical doctor, 1 pharmacists that led to your conclusions that if one doesn't own a business one doesn't love his/her children? grin grin what an Ignorant possition to adopt.

I am not going to hurt my brain reading that crap again, i am Afraid.
even doctors now have side hustle.

Wake up this Nigeria.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 3:10am On Apr 17, 2019
dancok:
bro why dem no go fear to do business in Nigeria sometimes u must get Craze for head, as business no easy o, hmm u want to compete with diabolic competitors or sometimes ritualist fronting as a business man, it school of hard knock,unless God intervene.
Hahahaha

Guy u won kill me with laugh oooo

Just be strong,hard time will pass
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 3:12am On Apr 17, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Well Atiku made his millions with a job - working as a customs officer. A job is also how that chief justice onoghe made his billions
thieves
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 3:13am On Apr 17, 2019
danhiels:
it's easy for him to say...... no be like me who left my job to start a business when hunger wire me I leave business for my sister go ask for my job back...... then you know when you not as capable (financially) as Peter okoye twil be better if you stick to your job that provides comfort to you and your kids than venture into something that might disrupt their future
This proverb actuates the riches by Jews.
"When a father fails to teach his son a trade, he is preparing him to be a thief."
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by chemgee: 3:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Joromi12:
Name 3 businesses that have survived 3 generations in 9ja. Is it oceanic bank Concord newspaper Even his bros record label don die

1. Alabukun powder
2. 7 keys to power(Dr Aladin)
3. the dantata empire
4. God is Good motors(2nd Gen)
5. some shops in Onitsha are in their 2nd and soon to be third Gen
6. many big farmers in the north inherited it as a family biz.
although this ain't impressive for a country of about 200 million people

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Bigseven(m): 4:26am On Apr 17, 2019
What's this öne saying? Is it not those with jobs that will patronise the business? Nansense
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by creamyzone: 4:43am On Apr 17, 2019
All of you castigating Peter should take a chill pill. He only quoted Kenya's president "Kenyatta Uhuru" and he is absolutely right. I dont know why peter cropped out the original quote. Thats plagiarism. What he is saying is you should combine your salary job with a business by the side to be on a safer side.

I lost my dad over 20years ago when l was just 12yrs and he left us with a thriving business. If he was a salary earner , life would have been very difficult for eight of us. My eldest brother expanded the business and we never lacked anything. Infact my brother bought cars for all of us once we clocked 25years. I went to the best private university in Nigeria who made entrepreneurship as a compulsory course for all. Today l operate my own business and married with two kids.

My friend also lost his dad who was on salary at 19years and things went from sweet to sour for them. They had to quit the company house and later sold their dads two cars to pay up bills and school fees. Later they started fighting on selling their dads only land.

See your salary alone can never make you rich unless you steal from your employer. Salary will only pay your bills so you have to start and grow a business. All the companies you are dreaming of working with were started by people like you and me.
MTN
Glo
Etisalat
Airtel
GTBank
Zenith bank
Access bank
Jumia
Konga
Olx
Jiji
Channels TV
Silverbird group
Forte oil
Heyden oil
Zenon oil
Dangote group
Nairabet
Emirates airline etc

And even "nairaland" owned by the young Seun osewa. Seun's dad owns the popular "ambassadors schools" at sango ota. His dad is a multi millionaire who l know would have taught seun the importance of owning a business. So peter is right, after work don't go and watch television. Think of a business to start.
You will excel and succeed in Jesus name...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by LisaAnne(f): 5:23am On Apr 17, 2019
Ogaemmy:
He is right, and has a point.

And one thing I realised on getting to Kano is that, most Hausa men are either into businesses or farming. They make sure they train their kids on this business. That's why most rich Hausa boys are products of inherited businesses just like the Dantatas and Isiaka Rabiu(Bua) family, talk more of the Lebanese.

Do you know why every Lebanese you meet is rich? Ask them, they all inherited wealth. Don't ask me how I got to know, my cousin is a Lebanese, niggur living large on inherited businesses and running it smoothly on his 20s. Likewise every other one I meet.

But Southerners? The dead of the founder is always the dead of the empire and business. Chidlren go d fight for money.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by H2Ossss(m): 5:41am On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
u must either b stealing from govtmnt pulse(corrupt) or a kidnapr.....u are not d only salary earner4naija,so we know.

If u like don't embrace d truth now.

Maybe you should change the type of salary earners you know... If you know the chevrons and the mobils and totals kinda salary earners... you won't talk like this... there are some oda companies that you've neva heard their names but when you see their pay check... you'll run mad...
I neva said I was a salary earner... I never said I wasn't... but there are salary earners who earn millions... lot's of them I know... young boys... many Nigerians due to work experience now work in canada... uk... australia... giving their family better lives... whi wan stay for this zoo wey life expectancy is 52yrs... Guy wise up..

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 17, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Bill gates, Warren buffet, Aliko Dangote, Adenuga, Abiola etc, which business did they inherit from their parents? Many salary earners will live more fulfilled lives than many so called business owners. Not all will succeed in business abeg.
It must not be a big time business as those you mentioned but something engaging is worth. Of course not everybody will succeed in that.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by gbagyiza: 6:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Gentleziggy:
D guy is absolutely right

He is not.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
I think Peter is wrong, it is not the Business Ventures you left behind that makes your child Human, it is the Treasure you left inside of them that defines who they represents after the demise of the Parents.

The businesses left behind can crumble, but the Principles of Success instilled in the Children can't be tampered with.

It is the morals, the knowledge and their level of understanding of life that determines whether they succeed or fail.

Bill Gates will be donating his wealth to Charity.
People like u always giving half information, u think it's all his wealth he will be giving to charity?

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by JoseRaji(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Truth to an extent. But you must also imbibe in them the ethics/skills/hard work to keep the business running or else we'll have another case of diamond bank.

He didn't imply that all you need to do is get a business, die and hand it over to your children. Nigerians
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by deebrain(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Social media is one instrument of hell, where rather than truth being told, we are fed with evil trends.

He said an absolute truth.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
The guy is an idiot, So All these doctors, Nurses, train drivers, bus drivers and ETCs don't love their children?

what an idiot, The people who work in banks, post offices? Immigrations,.passport offices so they don't like their kids? The nusres who helped deliver his children they don't love their children?
the pilot who flies the plane he boards or the flight attendants who serves him on board and airplane does he thinks he is better than them? or the teachers who teaches his dumb children. the TV news reades/journalists they don't love their children, or firefighters?

Peter okoye is an ignorant illiterate who thinks because he Managed to make few millions making mediocre music in a country Full with poor, illiterates like him he thinks he is intelligent. Only Peter okoye loves his children because he will leave them few million Nairas. grin

So in his dumb empty head he thinks everything is about money/wealth, some people who have jobs does their jobs because they Actually likes their jobs, for different reasons And perhaps because it is less stress, they couldn't cope with the stress of Running a business?
Having a job doesn't stop u from owning a business. It's better to have multiple source if income than just from a job.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Raalsalghul: 6:40am On Apr 17, 2019
JoseRaji:

He didn't imply that all you need to do is get a business, die and hand it over to your children. Nigerians
He did when he used the word "inherit".
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by PotatoSalad(m): 6:42am On Apr 17, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

But the discussion is not about leaving home at 21, it is about your parents creating a generational thing
If they can't nko? So you should remain incapacitated because they couldn't give you what 'other' parents give their children.
Quotes like that only bring depression and frustration amongst parents/guardians. That my parents didn't leave a business for me doesn't mean all is lost, what they can't, I will. I didn't inherit any business from them but I'm doing really fine and I take care of them and my siblings
Everybody's not going to own a business. That's a fact.
These people should calm down abeg.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by PotatoSalad(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2019
Bigseven:
What's this öne saying? Is it not those with jobs that will patronise the business? Nansense
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by swuftz: 6:47am On Apr 17, 2019
Do you know why every Lebanese you meet is rich? Ask them, they all inherited wealth. Don't ask me how I got to know, my cousin is a Lebanese, niggur living large on inherited businesses and running it smoothly on his 20s. Likewise every other one I meet.

Not true .........most Lebanese are very poor. That's why they are easily recruited to fight for terrorists. Agreed there is a lot of family businesses. Rich men don't take up arms . They sponsor the poor to fight there dirty wars and reap the benefits .]

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ogaemmy: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Just mention like 50 Northern families please. Some of una go just dey type like say na breeze dey your cranium. You just know 3 families and you use it as a benchmark for the North? The same north with abject squalor, high illiteracy, and poverty? C'mon. While it's the Southerners that are doing it wrong. Good. Good.

Lol. Dude you're funny. I'm a Southerner, presently in Kano. I live in a GRA here, I only used those two as an example. Come to Kano and see for yourself bro, I'm not saying what I don't know.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Biingoo: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Joromi12:
Name 3 businesses that have survived 3 generations in 9ja. Is it oceanic bank Concord newspaper Even his bros record label don die
My friend's building material business has survived three generations

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by mirob(f): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2019
He did not actually criticize people that works, he said have a business alongside your job, so why the attack?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by JoseRaji(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2019
Raalsalghul:

He did when he used the word "inherit".

Did you see where I wrote "all"?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by JoseRaji(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2019
maxiart2:
He has a point but my question is, if everybody is doing the business, who will now do the job?

That's why, in order to have balance in a society, the poor has to be there, and the rich also; the business owner and the employee.
Choose to be the owner. Not the employee

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by bjfred: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Peter is very very correct.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by bjfred: 7:23am On Apr 17, 2019
bjfred:
Peter is very very correct.
Some people can continue to attack him, HE IS RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by lonelydora: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2019
amliftedhigher:
The owner of diamond Bank did just what he wrote and we know the story

Because he didn't hand over to capable hand but to his 'irresponsible' son. Also the fine imposed by FG on MTN affected Diamond bank greatly.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by observanc1: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
Maybe in nigeria, I drive delivery trucks/trailers Around europe, sometimes i take home £2500/£3000 minimum per month..i am training to be a train driver if i pass, My yearly salary will be £44000 . with 10 weeks paid holidays, 6 months paid sick leave, Trust me running a business isn't better.
nice one. Wish u d best in ur training
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by observanc1: 7:55am On Apr 17, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Bill gates, Warren buffet, Aliko Dangote, Adenuga, Abiola etc, which business did they inherit from their parents? Many salary earners will live more fulfilled lives than many so called business owners. Not all will succeed in business abeg.
when they mention business, they just call Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola. There are 10s of millions of businessmen and women in nigeria, who cant even afford 3 square meals.
I'm an igbo man, but abhor business to the extreme. Working for govt and being paid well.
To ensure financial stability after retirement, i invest in Nigeria Treasury Bill (NTB). I have a colleague that retired about 5 years ago. The man has no worries now. He has about N30 Million or more in NTB. Earns interest of about N5 Million annually, added with his gratuity and pension. And all his children have graduated. What more can a man ask for? He's currently on holidays in Brazil.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Seankay323: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2019
H2Ossss:

Maybe you should change the type of salary earners you know... If you know the chevrons and the mobils and totals kinda salary earners... you won't talk like this... there are some oda companies that you've neva heard their names but when you see their pay check... you'll run mad...
I neva said I was a salary earner... I never said I wasn't... but there are salary earners who earn millions... lot's of them I know... young boys... many Nigerians due to work experience now work in canada... uk... australia... giving their family better lives... whi wan stay for this zoo wey life expectancy is 52yrs... Guy wise up..
Not how much you make but how much you keep..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Storms Teaching Hospital Ikeja (photos) / Ali Baba Blasts Amber Rose For Mocking Mr Ibu On Instagram / Nigerian Celebrities In School Uniform(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.