Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job (36215 Views)

School Children Get Excited As They See Lady With Big Nyash(video) / Peter Okoye Deletes How To Book P'square: Says 'My Family Comes First' / Peter Okoye Shares Photo Of How Arsenal Fans Now Watch Football After 4-0 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by nick50(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
The only business afonjas can do is Hawking agbo and playing baba ijebu(lotto) that's why they are slamming peter okoye unlike the Hausa s and the Igbo's who knows how to be self dependent
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by wasi9ice: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
But anyhow you look at it, what he said is just the Truth

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Ifymma(f): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2019
BlackfireX:
Who is peter okoye?

The one I know is the one that will betray Jesus in few days time.
Betray or Deny Jesus?.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
You still made no sense. what does hustle mean? grin Is it an occupation? or a job description?

No, you don't know me, you have never met my type.

Sorry but i find it Hard to read the rest of your writtings.
English is my language i was born in England.

And what language are you writting in now? Nigerian langauge? grin Look! mate Just go and learn, Money isn't Everything. Good luck!
I could decide to learn French or Yoruba language, English is just like every other language get dat into ur skull and free urself from dat inferior mindset
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by BlackfireX: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2019
Ifymma:

Betray or Deny Jesus?.

Marry me
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Heavance(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2019
Seriously, since the days of "Last night" from P-square (just to let you know i followed their music), i still haven't heard any sensible thing from Peter, He made me realize twins are actually different.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Naanlong01: 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
bamasite:
E no dey quick pay o

True talk, and that's why every business owner have the understanding that patience is a prerequsite in starting and growing your business and by the time its starts paying its always enviable thats after you must have invested enough patience.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
princeking2:
I think this Guy is right. Nobody inherits their parents job. Instead you inherit their business which turns out a job for others .

What if everyone decides to get a business, who would do the jobs grin

The truth is that Peter's advise is ill-conceived even though given with the best of intentions.

In my opinion, he shouldn't have tried to place business over job. He should rather emphasize the culture of saving which is what many people (either in business or jobs) may lack and which is capable of taking a toll on the future of their kids.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
nick50:
The only business afonjas can do is Hawking agbo and playing baba ijebu(lotto) that's why they are slamming peter okoye unlike the Hausa s and the Igbo's who knows how to be self dependent

No one is an island. We have Yorubas in businesses, one of them is the second wealthiest African (Adenuga). And we also have many Yorubas with jobs.

This is the same in every tribe and every country. There needs to be a balance. If everyone becomes business owners, who would work for other people's businesses?

There are Igbos working in OAU, UNN, ABU, Nigerian Army. Imagine that everyone chases business at the expense of jobs, who would lecture in universities? Who would work for MTN or DSTV or Shoprite? Who would work for the Federal or state government?
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by maasoap(m): 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Grupo:

My uncle, a medical doctor also runs a bar in Abuja. He also has a farm in Niger state.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by zomby(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2019
Peter is a very cool dude...I truly like the dude. But when we talk we must always use common sense. It is obvious that his statement lacks common sense
I believe he wanted to emphasize the importance of starting or operating a business, but he forgot that there are many other ways to deliver this message.
Let's give him a break...I'm sure that next time he will make adjustments.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
I could decide to learn French or Yoruba language, English is just like every other language get dat into ur skull and free urself from dat inferior mindset.
More Rubbish, grin You don't get it, do you? I am English! i was born in London.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
gypsey:
More Rubbish, grin You don't get it, do you? I am English! i was born in London.
born in London and so?

inferiority complex is ur problem boy
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
born in London and so?

inferiority complex is ur problem boy
Born in london means i am English grin what language Do English people speak in England?

What does Inferiority complex means? grin
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
BluntTheApostle:

What if everyone decides to get a business, who would do the jobs grin

The truth is that Peter's advise is ill-conceived even though given with the best of intentions.

In my opinion, he shouldn't have tried to place business over job. He should rather emphasize the culture of saving which is what many people (either in business or jobs) may lack and which is capable of taking a toll on the future of their kids.
Truth is, everybody will not do business and even if we do, not all will succeed. what I think he meant is multiple income idea.
By the way, what is the difference between business and Job according to you? your job is your boss' business. simple!
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
/
Peter Okoye is 100% correct.

But everyone cannot own a business. There will always be slaves and masters.

There are many successful businesses handed down from generations. But losers will scavenge for the ones that failed to support their laziness.

By the way, that your place of employment is owned by someone's dad. It didn't fall from heaven. Even the multinationals, the higher up the pyramid, the less the congestion. Thus the bottleneck ends up in a few families' bank account.

Handing down a business to your family doesn't necessarily mean that they have to be the ones running it. The son can hire competent and educated financial slaves to run it and pay them a token at the end of each month. How else do you think the wealthy fellows stay afloat?

/
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
millionboi2:
Hahahaha

Guy u won kill me with laugh oooo
Just be strong,hard time will pass
Amen
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Sammyolis: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
This is truthful word
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by Raalsalghul: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ugosample:

In the western world, we have businesses run by families for centuries

in the orient, the same
But African man being the fool that he is will rather spoil his kids rotten and give him the leeway to oppress unfortunate kids, rather than train him up to be useful and help the famiky business

That is why with the exception of Dangote group, I highly doubt any business will outlive its owner.

a case in point, the foolish son of Pascal Dozie ran his father company aground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by bamasite(m): 5:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
True talk. But not EVERY business owner has that understanding. Being busy is not business
Naanlong01:

True talk, and that's why every business owner have the understanding that patience is a prerequsite in starting and growing your business and by the time its starts paying its always enviable thats after you must have invested enough patience.
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
observanc1:
when they mention business, they just call Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola. There are 10s of millions of businessmen and women in nigeria, who cant even afford 3 square meals.
I'm an igbo man, but abhor business to the extreme. Working for govt and being paid well.
To ensure financial stability after retirement, i invest in Nigeria Treasury Bill (NTB). I have a colleague that retired about 5 years ago. The man has no worries now. He has about N30 Million or more in NTB. Earns interest of about N5 Million annually, added with his gratuity and pension. And all his children have graduated. What more can a man ask for? He's currently on holidays in Brazil.
That's beautiful! I am surprised at the way we just think business is something everybody has to do to gain financial independence.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by CanadaOrBust: 3:28am On Apr 18, 2019
millionboi2:
This proverb actuates the riches by Jews.
"When a father fails to teach his son a trade, he is preparing him to be a thief."

Well, OBJ, Atiku, Buhari, etc. Are u saying they all thieves
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 4:05am On Apr 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Well, OBJ, Atiku, Buhari, etc. Are u saying they all thieves
yes
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by CanadaOrBust: 8:16am On Apr 18, 2019
millionboi2:
yes

grin
Na u talk am o. If one of them catch u eh
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by millionboi2: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

grin
Na u talk am o. If one of them catch u eh
lol....thy know pass me and u
Re: Peter Okoye: If You Love Your Children Get A Business Not Job by adonaimart(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
I know u know grin grin
Didn't u notice dat while in a job, Atiku used whatever means he had then to start a business?
The list goes on, concerning those who had a job then and doing a side business. Whether legal or illegal is another matter.
CanadaOrBust:

Well Atiku made his millions with a job - working as a customs officer. A job is also how that chief justice onoghe made his billions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shafy Bello Celebrates Her 50th Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Wizkid Applauds Olamide Over His 'Lagos Na Wa' 7th Album Release / Cossy Orjiakor: "I Dislike Iyabo Ojo, Daniella Okeke & Apostle Johnson Suleman"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.