Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids (38776 Views)

Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Father & Daughter Banished From Nnobi, Anambra For Incest That Produced 2 Kids / Couple Discover They Are Siblings After 10 Years Of Marriage And 2 Kids (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by ebig21(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:
We got married in 2013, by 2015 I had a very terrible accident that shattered one of my leg, so I've been down since then, even though the treatment will soon be over, I did up to 6 surgeries costing quite a fotune, which my people paid.

I work with a very reputable Paramilitary organization, my salary has never been stopped.
I have never failed to provide the basic necessities in the house, even bought my own 2 bedroom flat in the process.

My wife gets angry at the slightest oppotunity..
She told me 2 times that the only reason she's still with me is our two kids...

The 1st time I didn't take it serious but the 2nd time she said it I knew I have to think twice over it.

I know I will bounce back to life and use my legs again in few weeks from now.

My plan is to pack my kids and leave her alone...

What do you Suggest I do.

Thanks

Sometimes life gives us upper cut that we say things we don't mean out of frustrations, cut that woman some slacks, she has been with you since 2015 in your predicament and she didn't leave, she still care for you, the stress, the lack of sex, the anxiety, it's taking a toll on her, you are bearing the financial and physical pain, she is bearing the emotional and psychological pain. So don't be selfish. Get well first.
Or are you a police man,
People dey pray bad prayer for una too much

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by greatermeme: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2019
Why should this make the front page?
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by JoshMedia: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2019
Nnemuka:
Dangers of one sided story...
Tell us how you became a demon because of an accident and kept you in a place for so long.
Tell us what you keep telling her that made her say things like this to you
Abeg quit frustrating the young girl because you had an accident.
Sugar coating a story to sooth you cool cool
comradee1248, the truth is bitter!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by munas: 9:09am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:
We got married in 2013, by 2015 I had a very terrible accident that shattered one of my leg, so I've been down since then, even though the treatment will soon be over, I did up to 6 surgeries costing quite a fotune, which my people paid.

I work with a very reputable Paramilitary organization, my salary has never been stopped.
I have never failed to provide the basic necessities in the house, even bought my own 2 bedroom flat in the process.

The 1st time I didn't take it serious but the 2nd time she said it I knew I have to think twice over it.

Thanks

Just reassure her of your love and protection.
Also take charge of your home and do not allow the accident to make her bear the burden of talking decision in the house.

Forget about the kids telling you not to eat her food or that she is sleeping out. They have never been married before.

She is not.

She is just frustrated with the situation on ground.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by wifeesnatcher(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Viserion:
raise your hands if you think she is collecting d outside...

Is not about her collecting outside is about her sincerity that she's done with you and I'm glad you're a wise man too. A man must learn to accept rejection though I know is not easy but staying with partner who don't love you is dangerous

As someone suggested above DNA things straight before you dey nurse another man pikin
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by shadeyinka(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2019
SBL28:
Since you had your accident, how have you been treating her? Have you been a loving husband? In all honesty, has she been taking care of you?

I'm asking all these questions because I read a post on Facebook about two weeks ago, the woman was complaining bitterly about her husband. The man had an accident and has been confined to a wheelchair since then. The wife said the man does not appreciate anything, always raining heavy curses on her. If he wanted to poo and she didn't respond quickly, this man would defecate on himself just to punish her. He would slap her at the slightest provocation. The last one that happened before she sent in the post, the man wanted to poo and he complained that she didn't give him the potty quickly. After doing his 'business', he asked the wife to come and clean it up and then poured the poo on her as soon as she got close to him. cry cry cry

This is a woman who has been doing everything without a maid or any help. They have three or four children (can't remember), the last one still is less than a year old. The woman said she was fed up but she didn't want people to call her names for leaving.

So my question to you again, how have you been treating your wife since your accident
Nice one sis!
You hit the nail on the head. Kudos to you

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Nnemuka:
Tell us how you became a demon because of an accident and kept you in a place for so long.
No mind them & all the guys here fuelling his ego, I'm sure he has been pouring his frustration on the woman as if it's her fault.
They think if a woman really wants to leave she will stay there dishing out threats?

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by shomutuski(m): 9:11am On Apr 18, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Was she like that when your shattered legs were still intact? If NO then answer the following ;

1. Do you still bang her well the way you used to when you were whole

2. Do you still bang her well the way you used to when you were whole

3. Do you still bang her well the way you used to when you were whole

If your answers are NO then you're in for it cos she might do worse

These Hoes don't joke with good sex and the moment they can't get that from you they go on a search and if unfortunately for you they find a solution then you are a loserangry

Someone is already fvckiing your wife stupidly angry.

Forget all these you're not whole or strong enough crap, forget about money, cos they don't care. The only thing they care most about is to get banged well.. What's my own with bang sef It's Fvck, I say fvck them well and they will love you forever even if you are headless sad

It's either you do the needful and stand a chance to revive your deceased Love or run like a coward angry

how can someone be so telepathically connected to my mind!!! you've said all i wanted to say, the issue is all about giving her a gvvd fvcking iswear.....
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2019
Talk with her. Know her reasons. Too many immature comments. Ladies value sex a lot, I know what I'm saying. My university experience is teaching me a lot about the male and female gender behavior towards the sex life.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by aakpan904: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:

Thanks
Kindly permit me to add my own 2 cents. First of all OP what kind of courtship did you have? Were you both in love when you got married? Did you marry her under duress (pregnancy etc)? All these questions will determine what type of woman you married and what type of marriage you have. Packing and leaving with the kids is a wicked act. I will be 100% real with you, you accident changed you and your marriage. There is no marriage that will suffer that kind of setback that wont affect both spouses emotionally. You wife has saved your marriage and you being receptive have also helped the situation. She told you her heart, now its time to take the bull by the horn. Its not every woman that will stay with you despite the situation. First of all you need to make her the center of your world again. Has the flame of romance died in your home, you need to rekindle it. What is her love language? Does she like gifts? buy her a romantic gift, does she like a man who is helpful at home, call your children and you guys do something for mummy in return. Clean the dishes before she comes. The next thing you need to do is go for counselling. The mistake most couples make is that they think and accident or sudden loss of job has not effect on their marriage. Things have changed in your lives and both of you need to seat down with a neutral third party and let out your heart. That is the way to heal the wound. But you first of all need to rekindle the flame of romance, then you seek counselling. Most women dont like to change men like cloth. She would prefer to seat in her home, its up to you now if she will stay faithful. Even if she has messed up, there is room for forgiveness. Like i have reiterated its not easy to suffer such a loss as an accident in a home and not expect it to affect either of the spouses. God be with you and i hope you can resolve the situation.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by JoshMedia: 9:13am On Apr 18, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Many married couple's have gone through hard times, yet they sail through it, without divorcing. Such hard times include insults from both partners yet they try to make their marriage work. You had an accident for over four years, your wife was by your side, yet now that you know you gonna recover you want to dump her. Search your concience, if your wife was the one who had an accident, broke her leg, would you be faithful, would you be able to care of her? Wouldn't there be times when you are fed up. You want to divorce her over a kind of issue which oda married couple's face, yet they are still together. To me it's childish. Ok, go ahead and divorce her as many men have advised you. But what makes you think she will not fight you to get back her kids? Except she's an illiterate. If you married in 2013, the kids are still babies. Give her the children and go your way, you can always support them financially. You think the kids will not go to their mother when they grow up? Smh

comradee1248, one more sensible post!

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by ndidigood(f): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2019
teresafaith:
She was just saying it out of frustration/anger, not like she meant it
God bless u.women can say anything.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by sparko1(m): 9:13am On Apr 18, 2019
Funaki:
shocked shocked
people are wicked o, how can you say such thing to your husband's face? If she could say that out, she can do worse to you behind your back. A word is enough for the wise

Well 99.9% of women are like that, trust me, pray you don't have any challenge, the moment you do, well those lovely voice will tell you words that can send you to depression. The problem is the way they say it, its normal anyway, when you see a lady that thinks she's doing you a favour in a relationship, nothing will ever change that, money might make her smile but the moment there is a small problem, you are going to find out how much of a mistake you have made! The beauty of this is, she warned you!
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by shekauvsbuhari: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2019
She has found new prick. Las las na to put rat poison 4 ur food. Obituary loading. Find ur way mister b4 u are struck dead.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by ushafe(m): 9:16am On Apr 18, 2019
SBL28:
Since you had your accident, how have you been treating her? Have you been a loving husband? In all honesty, has she been taking care of you?

I'm asking all these questions because I read a post on Facebook about two weeks ago, the woman was complaining bitterly about her husband. The man had an accident and has been confined to a wheelchair since then. The wife said the man does not appreciate anything, always raining heavy curses on her. If he wanted to poo and she didn't respond quickly, this man would defecate on himself just to punish her. He would slap her at the slightest provocation. The last one that happened before she sent in the post, the man wanted to poo and he complained that she didn't give him the potty quickly. After doing his 'business', he asked the wife to come and clean it up and then poured the poo on her as soon as she got close to him

This is a woman who has been doing everything without a maid or any help. They have three or four children (can't remember), the last one still is less than a year old. The woman said she was fed up but she didn't want people to call her names for leaving.

So my question to you again, how have you been treating your wife since your accident
My dear, this is JAMB question for this man, you will be surprised not to get an answer in a year time.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Imo1stson: 9:17am On Apr 18, 2019
That's the reason majority of married couples remain together so don't be bothered.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Amhappy(f): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2019
A lot of comments from inexperienced people here.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2019
Tell her the reason why we are still alive is because we are not dead undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by iswallker(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2019
What's kind of fake stories are these..

He works for paramilitary and is spending a fortune on broken leg and he bought bungalow in the process.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by uuzba(m): 9:21am On Apr 18, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
how can you even think of going away with the kids? dont be selfish and think of THE KIDS 1st... as much as you may not need mama, the kids do.

at least now you know who that woman is.
He should not take the kids? The woman should take the kids?
Your head!
The kids will suffer because of both of them. The kids cannot be deprived of either parent. No one parent is better than the other and the kids cannot be made to select.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Grupo(m): 9:22am On Apr 18, 2019
iRepNaija1:

Okay. So, according to you, you're financially providing for your family. But are you doing more than that? Some men seem to think that if they give the basics of what a husband is "supposed" to, they've done enough. But that's not necessarily the case. Consider the following:
Do you help with the errands around the house?
Do you help with your kids' homework, the schools runs, the chores for the children?
Do you take her out to dinner once in a while?
Do you guys have weekly date nights?
Have you bought her a small trinket just because? What about flowers?
When was the last time you told her she was beautiful/hot/sexy? Do you make her feel desired?
Do you remind her why you had to have her as your wife?
Have you taken her on a trip? Did you guys have a honeymoon?

Maybe you're doing the aforementioned. Maybe not. We only know your side of the story. But packing up and taking the children you have together should not be your first choice. Who are you to even take her kids away from her? That's a red flag right there. Go talk your wife and work it out.

I want to believe you are either mad or didn't read what the OP wrote.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Mace0lane: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2019
Common sense should tell you the woman saying all this nonsense about poo is a die hard career orientated pathetic liar. No woman in this life will have the temperament to make complaint such as this n still stay with the men except you are the barefaced liar. Can you imagine such a foolish senseless lie.

SBL28:

I'm asking all these questions because I read a post on Facebook about two weeks ago, the woman was complaining bitterly about her husband. The man had an accident and has been confined to a wheelchair since then. The wife said the man does not appreciate anything, always raining heavy curses on her. If he wanted to poo and she didn't respond quickly, this man would defecate on himself just to punish her. He would slap her at the slightest provocation. The last one that happened before she sent in the post, the man wanted to poo and he complained that she didn't give him the potty quickly. After doing his 'business', he asked the wife to come and clean it up and then poured the poo on her as soon as she got close to him. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Funaki: 9:24am On Apr 18, 2019
sparko1:

Well 99.9% of women are like that, trust me, pray you don't have any challenge, the moment you do, well those lovely voice will tell you words that can send you to depression. The problem is the way they say it, its normal anyway, when you see a lady that thinks she's doing you a favour in a relationship, nothing will ever change that, money might make her smile but the moment there is a small problem, you are going to find out how much of a mistake you have made! The beauty of this is, she warned you!
this kind of story just makes trust difficult in a relationship. Like no one loves you unconditionally. This woman has no regard for the man again after convenience has gone in their marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by janejive(f): 9:24am On Apr 18, 2019
Do something romantic for her, don't just be dormant, try to be full of fun regardless of your state of mobility

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by uuzba(m): 9:24am On Apr 18, 2019
Imo1stson:
That's the reason majority of married couples remain together so don't be bothered.
There's nothing easy in marriage. A lot of idiot couples fill up their head with effizy of Instagram. Once their own is not like that, they want to give up.
Forgetting that you took an oath, For better for Worse, in Sickness and Health, till death do us part

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by sparko1(m): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2019
Nnemuka:

wow! Now this just proved its something you can say! There is nothing that can be as bad as telling your wife/husband such demoralizing word.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by olahero(m): 9:27am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:

Thanks
sorry bro, don't mind her sir, just be looking, she's not really comfortable with something about you, if you can, sit her down and ask her some questions you think might be enough for you to take next action. May God safe your home.

Ladies of today can't be like our mothers.
Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by RALPHOW(m): 9:30am On Apr 18, 2019
Don't mind her word.
She never mean it, many wives says that.
Just be patient with her and show her love.
Buy something she loves for her.
Wishing you happy married life.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by sparko1(m): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2019
Funaki:
this kind of story just makes trust difficult in a relationship. Like no one loves you unconditionally. This woman has no regard for the man again after convenience has gone in their marriage.

Well there are few people, its just had to find! relationships are tough, so many problem, so many story, when you hear some, you will decide to stay alone for the rest of your life, no kidding!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by Lisaflex(f): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:

Thanks

"My plan is to pack my kids and leave her alone "
really? Without even a conversation? Humans sha.

All a person needs to do is fvck up once, and all the 99 things the person did right is tossed into a trash can... Trust me, if she really wants to leave you, not even all the children in the world can stop her.

She was there with you from the time of the accident to this moment when you are about to regain the use of your legs...She cared for you all the while (tell me if I'm wrong)...Being a care giver,esp in a situation like that can take its toll..When was the last time you sat her down and asked her how she feels? You do realize everything has been about you and the children for a very long time now, right?

Sometimes people say things they do not mean out of frustration(especially if the person is very emotional) ...It's time for you to have a serious conversation with your wife and appreciate her instead of walking out on her with her kids.

What she needs right now is love. It's your turn to take care of her.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Told Me The Only Reason She's Still With Me Is Because Of Our 2 Kids by potosky: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2019
comradee1248:

Thanks
what kill relationship is one not taking responsibility for his actions. Am not trying to defend your wife and neither am i saying you are wrong. Not everything in relationship is about sex and money. From my observations do far in life people with accidental disabilities take their frustration out on the closest person to them, they have this problem of taking words out of people before it was even altered. It take a strong minded person so stay with them. Oga sit down, relaxed your mind and think about how things were before your accident and think of the manner the two of you have been been speaking to each . If your wife does not care she would have left you long ago........... think about what life will be for those two precious gift you have after the separation. Your wife need to understand your pain and wait for things to get better.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilarious Siblings Photos Recreation / See Moment A Little Boy Kicked His Mom's Pot Of Stew While Dancing(See Reaction) / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.