Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria (3591 Views)

Lack Of Se*ual Satisfaction Destroys Marriages And Relationships. / Mention One Thing That Destroys A Relationship / If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Obodo999(m): 9:11am On Apr 21, 2019
lilwetdick:

which one is grace of god

Only those who experience it knows it.
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Jessicha(f): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2019
Obodo999:

So your own view of men is money. God will touch your soul.

Read my post again Sir
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by enuk80(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2019
The op is right but I don't think money is everything. What matter most is inner peace of mind when you are with the right one. Though, money play a very vital role in every relationship or marriage but that doesn't mean money is everything.

I'm gonna use my self as an example. Though, I'm not married yet but I'm deeply in love with the woman I want to settle down with. Despite the fact that I have money ( which should have been part of my happiness in life), I still feel sad sometimes whenever me and my girlfriend have little understanding. At that particular time, my money and my achievements should have been my source of happiness but it is the other way around. I felt bad and I don't give a damn about the things I have achieved at that moment when I was sad because of the issues or misunderstanding I'm having with my girl.

Money cannot buy happiness but love can and that's when you are with the right one. Couples succeed even without having enough. But they are able to achieve success when the love, trust and understanding is there.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
placeofallure:

Like the Nairaland you quoted, I opine that money is just one out of the problems that can plague a marriage. I'm sure you have seen many marriages of the rich crumble even before take off. Money is the least of their problems. There are underlying equally important factors like love, understanding, trust, tolerance and mutual respect.
With all the monies in the world, any marriage lacking the aforementioned is a time bomb waiting to explode.

I've been married for a few years and the house isn't sustained on ONLY money.
Well, I guess it's the Nigerian in us all, always about Money, Money and more Money. grin

if money wasnt important is in marriages, why didnt you marry a man without a job, without shelter and a man that cant afford to cloth himself well?

if you read my post, i wrote that a man does not have to be a billionaire or millionaire in a marriage but he needs to have cash to keep the marriage going
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

It's important but not the most important. Married people are telling you that it is not the foundation of a marriage but you are stubbornly pushing your money sermon.

You as a single person, do you know more than the married ones that have the experience and have been in and out of money problems? No. But you are so sure that money breaks marriages.

Lack of money doesn't break marriages but the inability to manage the crisis arising from money problems.

Or do you think that when there are money problems, a marriage breaks up and then when the issues are resolved and money is in abundance, they come back together? And they keep breaking and coming back?

i know that you are married, if you were to choose between Mr man without no house, no job , lives with his parent because of lack of cash but you love him AND Mr man with a self contained house, have a job but little pay but with potential, does live with his parent?

sincerely speaking who will you choose?

And if you read my post, it said a man does not have to be a millionaire or billionaire to be in marriage but he needs to have some amont of money for upkeep and taking care of the house.
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
placeofallure:

God bless you. Maybe lack of money killed OP in his first life grin
We, the women on this thread, are saying it's not by money alone and OP is trying so hard, I bet too hard, to shove it down our throats that it's about Money, Money, Money! Yes, school fees will be paid, house rent, health insurance, emergency bills and the rest of them. Which book of the law is it written that men should pay for all of these? If a lady works, which she should anyway, she should help the husband out at times even if it means paying back. Just like there's no law that says only women should mop, scrub, clean and cook! My husband helps me in the kitchen and it doesn't remove anything from him as the head of the family!
Infact if you ask me, mutual understanding surpasses all these your money doctrine OP

These days, more ladies are independent, they have their careers and gradually are building financial stability around them. Some even earn more than the men. Now, if any such woman marries and she has true love for her man and understanding, can money be an impediment to a lasting home?

OP, there are many of us, women, we're from humble backgrounds, as in our papa no be Dangote, and we're not money crazed. Thank you.

you didnt read my post, where did i write you have to be dangote, iinfact wrote that you dont have to be a billionaire or millionaire to be in marriage but you need to have some cash saved up to substain a marriage
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by ImaIma1(f): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
lilwetdick:

i know that you are married, if you were to choose between Mr man without no house, no job , lives with his parent because of lack of cash but you love him AND Mr man with a self contained house, have a job but little pay but with potential, does live with his parent?

sincerely speaking who will you choose?

And if you read my post, it said a man does not have to be a millionaire or billionaire to be in marriage but he needs to have some amont of money for upkeep and taking care of the house.

Even a slow person knows that a man that still lives with his parents is not ready or even qualified to get married.

Again I say... money is important but it is not what holds a marriage together.

When you go for marriage counseling before you get married, you will learn a lot. And after being married for a while, you will know that money is very key but it is not the foundation for a marriage.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by millionboi2: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

Even a slow person knows that a man that still lives with his parents is not ready or even qualified to get married.

When you go for marriage counseling before you get married, you will learn a lot. And after being married for a while, you will know that money is very key but it is not the foundation for a marriage.
lol
No mind Dem make thy dey run dia mouth ......after 2years dia eyes go open
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
ImaIma1:

thank the gods, you agree that money is important...
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by ImaIma1(f): 10:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
lilwetdick:

thank the gods, you agree that money is important...

That's the only part that you caught. As i said, experience will teach you better, not assumption.
Re: The Lack Of Money Is The Major Problem That Destroys Marriages In Nigeria by jubianose(m): 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2019
cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Fell In Love With A Chubby Guy / Name something that Corona Virus Ruined That You were. Looking Forward To Do / What Does My Girlfriend Mean When She Said This To Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.