Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Africa Is Better Than America - Akon - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Is Better Than America - Akon (36033 Views)

Davido, Tunde Ednut, John Dumelo, Akon On 100 Peace Icons In Africa List / Akon Reacts To Davido’s MTV Ema’s Best Worldwide Act Awards / Akon And One Of His Wives Step Out Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
My 500k,with the potential to increase this, is preferable to that $3k which comes after slaving my ass on multiple jobs a day in the USA, paying numerous unexplained taxes and stands the risk of being treated as a 3rd class citizen with no right.

Not bragging bro, in Nigeria I live happily like a king
Stop speaking for others when you only know about you
I work 1 job,i dont slave my ass,never done anything manual here and take home more than that after taxes
Numerous unexplained taxes?..
Lmaooiii...spoken like a true nigerian who knows not what they speak
Every single tax is explained in your tax brochure and p/s...out of like 5k take home,i paid about 1.2k in taxes which leaves me with 3.8k to do anything with...1.9k goes to home and car and other expenses leaving me with 1.9k to do with as i pleasr
Get some education begore you come here,mix with people and not just Africans cos you are too scared to explore and stop being like your fore fathers who believe all they can do is drive cabs

P/S i know at least 6 nigerians doing better than i am and none of them has been involved in crazy many labor and p/s United states is much more than texas,new york,chicago and Maryland which are the places tou all rush to

4 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by kaymart: 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
I watched this video a long time ago....
I'm surprised it just got here....
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, lots of people I know make alot more than 500k monthly. 500k monthly is considered peanut among people I know.

500k monthly is no big deal bro

What job in nigeria pays you 500k monthly
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Kenturkey048(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, lots of people I know make alot more than 500k monthly. 500k monthly is considered peanut among people I know.

500k monthly is no big deal bro
baba u too make sense....
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mbitiouz69:
God bless you big time for this, people in Nigeria tend to spoil their image , Africa is the best place in the planet,the most fertile land,west Africa are the kings of gold on the planet and if not for bad leaders Nigeria was the second in oil in the world, most people out there know the truth tho, but their hunger won't let dem think, we just need leaders that are not greedy, so we can move forward
U re absolutely correct bro

I know a couple of guys who were doing relatively fine in Nigeria. The left in search of greener pasture

Almost all of them are regretting it.

One of them warned me not to contemplate leaving Nigeria
Dude relocated to Canada with his family
A guy sharing flat with them started fuuucking his wife.

Dude can't dare do much about it
He is stuck
If he files for divorce he loses everything
and the guy fuuuuucking his wife will no longer be hiding to do it

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:
It is simple. Come back to Africa grin
grin
midolian:

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Kenturkey048(m): 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
GoddyOra:
Some petty Nigerians will absorb this nonetitical statement of his with the usual shameful lines like "an average american isnt better off than an average african" grin

Lies kill Akon there
this where you all get it wrong...an average american is better than an average African....THE AMERICA YOU SPEAK OF,,INCLUDES COLOMBIA,MEXICO,PERU AND BRAZIL??

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by davillian(m): 3:10pm On Apr 21, 2019
I won't say Africa
I would just say Nigeria is the shiiithole capital of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

What job in nigeria pays you 500k monthly
With due respect to u bro, this thread isn't about job and its specifics. Rather its about the quality of life obtainable in Africa

And my point is, one can live a comfortable life in Nigeria with a monthly income of 500k. 500k monthly income is not uncommon in places like PH, UYO, Lag and maybe abj

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
africa is not better than america but it has the potential to be great but its not being utilized.if africa is better how come africans are migrating in their thousands crossing through deserts and oceans in a migration similar to that of the great exodus in the bible.America has now bcome the biblical canaan flowing with milk and honey.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
With due respect to u bro, this thread isn't about job and its specifics. Rather its about the quality of life obtainable in Africa

And my point is, one can live a comfortable live in Nigeria with a monthly income of 500k. 500k monthly income is not uncommon in places like PH, UYO, Lag and maybe abj
no light,no security,no peace of mind,killings here and dere and salary thats not regular and u say u can live comfortably good life in nigeria? execpt u otedola's sibling then u can live a good quality life in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

Stop speaking for others when you only know about you
I work 1 job,i dont slave my ass,never done anything manual here and take home more than that after taxes
Numerous unexplained taxes?..
Lmaooiii...spoken like a true nigerian who knows not what they speak
Every single tax is explained in your tax brochure and p/s...out of like 5k take home,i paid about 1.2k in taxes which leaves me with 3.8k to do anything with...1.9k goes to home and car and other expenses leaving me with 1.9k to do with as i pleasr
Get some education begore you come here,mix with people and not just Africans cos you are too scared to explore and stop being like your fore fathers who believe all they can do is drive cabs

P/S i know at least 6 nigerians doing better than i am and none of them has been involved in crazy many labor and p/s United states is much more than texas,new york,chicago and Maryland which are the places tou all rush to

I simply made my point
U too can make ur point in a civilised manner

Pls don't quote me again
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Westsida: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ugosample:

funny enough he spends more time in Africa these days.7

Very true. He’s being around for a while now.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by kay29000(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
sinaj:
They are always quick to put up negative stories about Africa but you will hardly hear anything bad about their country on the media

That's so true.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by jom28gy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
you're right, Africa is 100%,better than Anerica,Africa is natural land,while America,is a destroyed land and unnatural
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Serveyouright(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
megareal:
Africa is not better but Africa is good. We have a rich history, rich culture artifacts and lots of natural resources.

Africa is just cursed with terrible leaders. But the people and the society is good, (discount the few bad eggs, they are everywhere).

However foreign media do us no good and we don't do ourselves good either. Example is Nairaland where the average youth has nothing good to say about their nation, women, culture, religion etc.

We will never be taken seriously if we don't take ourselves seriously.

Our people say, the owner calls his house wretched and the neighbors help him set it on fire.
[color=#990000][/color

I like your comment but the part you advise the youth to take this entity corrupted by our selfish leader serious is a Capital No for me. If I may ask, what is the cap btw the rich and poor. As human we have 3 fundamental needs, food, cloth and shelter, naturally life has been given to us freely by God. In Nigeria, government has not live up to expectations. Everyone occuping seat of power in Nigeria are there to rape the nation to death.. We generate our light, generate water, build house we live in, pay for security, sometimes we contribute money to construct road we walk on. What is the responsibility of government to her citizen? If life were something to purchase with cash we wouldn't have been alive today. Nigeria government is wicked, and we will continue to demarket this fake product until the producer do something about it.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by planetx: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Don't know if Africa is better but there is nothing special about America, only someone that has never being there will believe all the hype.. Even the black Americans a lot of them are relocating to Africa especially Ghana.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

And my point is, one can live a comfortable live in Nigeria with a monthly income of 500k. 500k monthly income is not uncommon in places like PH, UYO, Lag and maybe abj

See you...you spoke about people enslaving their lives to get 3k monthly but at the same time,you want to overlook how people get 500k monthly in nigeria..you are either a gman..in oil or in govt to make such monthly or a kidnapper...if i was into any of such here,i would be speaking in millions not in thousands

You speak of quality of life,does your enviroment come into play as well for if that comes into play..how do you explain to me that constabt noise from a genrator is much more pleasing than peace and constant power supply..how do you explain to me that messed up roads that will cripple ny multi million naira car when i can drive it on roads that are better
How do you explain to me that living in fear of SARS is better than an accountable policing system
How do you explain to me the corrupt level of African leadership
My basis is on an honest income not on income fueled by criminality. But if i am wrong,prove me otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Cityfirstborn:
we like deceiving ourselves, the American media are not even bringing our bad to the world. imagine if they start reporting the hundreds of people been killed every day by bandits and boko haram
u havent even added the cult killings and robberies that happen in the southern part on a regular basis.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
no light,no security,no peace of mind,killings here and dere and salary thats not regular and u say u can live comfortably good life in nigeria? execpt u otedola's sibling then u can live a good quality life in nigeria.
Are you sincerely opining that unless one is a billionaire or related to one, he can't be comfortable in Nigeria?

All these ur 'no lite, no this and no that' can be fixed with very few millions.

I repeat again, I'm very comfortable in Nigeria
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by kay29000(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Africa has more natural resources than the whole North and South American continents...but what we don't have is belief in self. We have very low self esteem as a people, and don't believe we have all it takes to be greater than America.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by poweredcom(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
Akon that statement is ridiculous

kay29000:
Africa has more natural resources than the whole North and South American continents...but what we don't have is belief in self. We have very low self esteem as a people, and don't believe we have all it takes to be greater than America.

Africa can never be greater than America hahahaha it can't happen

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
u havent even added the cult killings and robberies that happen in the southern part on a regular basis.
And you think America too has no cult killings and robberies?
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by twerkjack: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
midolian:

He already did that for over 10 years now f00l angry
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2019
milehigh06:

See you...you spoke about people enslaving their lives to get 3k monthly but at the same time,you want to overlook how people get 500k monthly in nigeria..you are either a gman..in oil or in govt to make such monthly or a kidnapper...if i was into any of such here,i would be speaking in millions not in thousands

You speak of quality of life,does your enviroment come into play as well for if that comes into play..how do you explain to me that constabt noise from a genrator is much more pleasing than peace and constant power supply..how do you explain to me that messed up roads that will cripple ny multi million naira car when i can drive it on roads that are better
How do you explain to me that living in fear of SARS is better than an accountable policing system
How do you explain to me the corrupt level of African leadership
My basis is on an honest income not on income fueled by criminality. But if i am wrong,prove me otherwise
oil dey ur head.d noises from generators alone can give someone serious headache.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by tfelicityk(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
I concur with Akon... Let builds our Nation high...
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Karemarealty288(m): 3:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
Great guy ....Brilliant statement.
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
And you think America too has no cult killings and robberies?
we wear our cult killings and robberies with pride unlike them. how many times have u heard about armed bank robberries over there with the police unable to do anything.come to benin and see how cultist dey butcher each other and how crime dey on d increase.as seven pm nack every body don run enter im paper house.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
lefulefu:
oil dey ur head.d noises from generators alone can give someone serious headache.

Was in nigeria 7 yrs ago and my head still dey ring from gen noise but jokes aside
It hurts to still see Nigeria the way it is..regardless of whereever you live,you shoukd feel that way unless you dont care about the country which i deeply do but it hurts to see that we never learn
We keep recycling leaders who do nothing for us and expect things to change

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by princeade86(m): 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
amaniro:
Akon, I'm with you on this. cool
is akon living in Africa?
Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by Jaqenhghar: 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
If Africa is better what is he still doing there? He shouldnt forget America with all the racism made him who he is. He will never smell that level of success if he was in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Better Than America - Akon by anonymous1759(m): 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
EmagNig:
Senegalese-American Entertainer, Akon has shared an interesting perspective on why Africa is better than America.
According to the music mogul, it is the media that is portraying Africa in the negative light:

‘the images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America" he said

He further stated in the video that Africans need to start telling their positive stories to their children and stop the spread of negative news about the continent, as the media are always quick to pick this up and spread further to the rest of the civilized world.

See Video Here:

https://lailasnews.com/africa-is-better-than-america-akon/

Tell that to children of Hate... Who hate their country above nothing else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emeka Ike Spotted At Swearing In Of Yahaya Bello At Lokoja - Photos / Nosa Rex And His Friends In Car Accident / Styl-Plus Signs A Deal With Eskimo Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.