Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Refused To Attend My Wedding (46499 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Dazuki(m): 10:10am On Apr 22, 2019
Pray and continue talking to him...please keep to your faith,that's the most important... He will come around you will see
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by hope4life: 10:12am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

It's against my faith bro. God had been arranging my life for me since, and this is one of God's institutions , I have to follow his rule..

Don't impregnate her.Never commit premarital sex.God hates it.It has grave consequences. Keep to your conviction so that God can defend you.Break the family curse by not doing what they do.Keep praying.If your father still sticks to his gone,go ahead in the name of the Lord,nothing will happen.God's authority superceeds his.You obey God above anybody.You obey your parents IN THE LORD-if what they ask you to do tallies with God's will.There are many cases of such and God stood by them.

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by stylepoison(m): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2019
pray and pray against every odds
God will take control of everything
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by stankezzy: 10:21am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

My papa no get emotion o... We were brought up with iron hands, bro, the matter pass Abacha regime. He's a dictator... Impregnating before wedding is against my faith but he's surface Christian, and by the way, while growing up, he beats us for not remembering church sermon.

I have met him severally, he never gave any reason, also in the history of the family, I am the first person that want to pay a lady bride price before pregnancy or living together or attempting wedding...
from what u wrote u need serious deliverance and family liberation prayers ,if no one have done it , how do u then think that your family and village forces will just allow u to do it without any challenge
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by agabaI23(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Budex40:

I think his Father has COGENT reasons for asking him to do that....

Let me tell u something , do u know that there are some ladies who dont have Vaginal Opening
Infact, some have vaginal opening but no uterus.
They dont menstruate. You'll never find them buying sanitary pads. if they strip naked , they look exactly like normal(hairy, clitoris, and fine shape) but when u want to chook preek, u'll b looking for the hole upandan. They'll b telling u no Sex until wedding cos they know u cant go back once u've married them.....

So, OP take time to conduct thorough research on your G.F and also talk privately with your DAD. Trust me, these Old Men sabi wetin we no sabi.
Nevertheless, ur Father might just have a hunch about the whole thing. Talk to him.
The only cogent reason reason there is that it is family tradition and the father imposed it on all based on his belief. He is a dictator.

Keep the other things. Not relevant.

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2019
agabaI23:

The only cogent reason reason there is that it is family tradition and the father imposed it on all based on his belief. He is a dictator.

Keep the other things. Not relevant.

If he goes ahead without his father's blessings, he' s FVCKED....!!!!!!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by robosky02(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2019
Ishilove:

Robosky02

I dey hail you naa

You are the real technical adviser cheesy
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by lonelydora: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2019
andycom:

this is the problem with you guys, Bleep fathers blessing. what about orphans, who blesses them?
All you need in this life is God's blessings that's all.

Orphans also have people who stand in as their fathers during marriage. If it was not important, no one would bother looking for someone to stand. Learn some traditions, bro
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

I have, they spoke to him and he banned them from attending.....

I haven't discussed my next steps with any family members yet.

He's the family breadwinner

If you are richer than my dad, he will never walk with you.

If he can't talk to you anyhow, he will never walk with you.

When we talk of parents blessings, what about my mum that is no more, or people without parents...

I know people like your father. They are narcissists.
I don't have experience with this so I cannot advice you. I wish you well. I know you'll make the right decision
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2019
Xisnin:

Tell him you are pregnant.
If that doesn't work, it is time to start acting like a man and not a scared kid.
If push come to shove, settle for court marriage and invite 5-10 people only.

OP this!!! Do court marriage and white wedding and enter house, ojare

God will bless your new home.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by obinoral1179(m): 11:01am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

My papa no get emotion o... We were brought up with iron hands, bro, the matter pass Abacha regime. He's a dictator... Impregnating before wedding is against my faith but he's surface Christian, and by the way, while growing up, he beats us for not remembering church sermon.

I have met him severally, he never gave any reason, also in the history of the family, I am the first person that want to pay a lady bride price before pregnancy or living together or attempting wedding...
this is dicey but pray about it and put everything to God hands , he sures.knows how to handle everyman heart, but don't yield to the pregnant stuff...
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Shinjitsu: 11:14am On Apr 22, 2019
If Africa is a dangerous place to grow up, why did you grow up here in Africa?..the only thing we learn from the Europeans and Americans are bad things on how not to respect our father...like one stupid boy on facebook was happy because the dad is late..even called him a stupid and foolish father because his father left his mum when he was young.but did he ask the mum why the dad left her? No

OBJ was dating his sons wife before his son got married to her..but was warned by his father never to marry the wife but he was in a rush now he has rushed out..

This is Africa we have culture and traditions which you can't change..as an African man will get married without your father's blessings?

you see fathers knows best
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I am a popular jingo nairalander but got to hide under this moniker...

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

2: He said I should rather impregnate the girl (backdoor talk)

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

He cancelled my introduction without fixing a new date.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

And Also, God had supplied all I needed for my wedding from A-Z.

Do you think this is a cogent reason?. I want to ahead with my wedding plans...

Kindly advise....Thanks

Bro,
I think u should agree with your old man, impregnate her if its allowed in your religion and then wait till your mother demised reach 1yr.
The implication of going ahead with the wedding is; 1. Your relationship with him will be sore, 2. There is every tendancy that your wife will be outcast in your family.
Alternatively you may involve your Father's Imam/Pastor
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Shinjitsu: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2019
You and I don't know the reasons why his father asked him to wait.

OBJ was dating his sons wife before his son got married to her..but was warned by his father never to marry the wife but he was in a rush now he has rushed out..

This is Africa we have culture and traditions which you can't change..as an African man will get married without your father's blessings?

you see fathers knows best
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Lopeztranto(f): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2019
Donjazzy12:

Sweet lady, where are you? I want to marry you!

My profile will do justice to your question
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Ishilove: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2019
robosky02:

I dey hail you naa

You are the real technical adviser cheesy
You are not serious cheesy
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Hey boy! Why are you so much in a hurry? Mourn your late mom for a year and come back later to receive your father's blessings. Shebi na sex... You go fck you go tire. I just hope your girl has also kept her self celibate for the 7yrs too.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

Sure sir...
your. Parents are your key to paradise.....*dont forget that* u can have up to six wife but your parents can't be changed... I think ur lady is feeling Insecure but. Waiting. Till. Next year isn't bad
I pray with all this struggle you are facing that this girl Is a Virgin
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by CASHCOW247(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
AleAirHub:
Too much sense will not kill you cheesy

grin
All this fathers blessings this....fathers blessings that really makes no sense. If one finds a woman to marry, one should seek God's blessings and go ahead with the marriage.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by CASHCOW247(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Phonix16:

OP get her pregnant we igbo's do it alot n ur Dad will bless ur union

And if the dad doesn't bless the union, what happens??
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by CASHCOW247(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
dan2976:

the bible says honour your father and your mother that it might be well with you... you cant take away the place of parental blessing away from a child... it doesnt take up to one month inside marriage for somebodies eye to clear. he should give his father time to mourn and stop harrassing the man who is rightfully greiving... unfortunately right now even though he claims to be a christain he is beginning to see the man who brought him to this world and has provided for him before he started making his new money as the devils incarnate. i cant support his cause... his asking for trouble and he will get it.

What exactly is your point?? So "parental blessings" would change his wife from evil to good??

The only thing you'll say is that the relationship with his father may be strained. Which he can make up for it later....especially when children start coming in.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by ashjay001(m): 12:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

Kindly advise....Thanks

If u don't mind getting disowned, no P. You might win, by calling his bluff or u might loose everything!

No sex before marriage, is dangerous. Sexual compatibility, is a must! It might be nobody's fault, but it's real. The size of d D, might be a bone of contention on its own!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by mechanics(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Your dad has to give his blessings and there must be parental concept before wedding can take place, maybe you should meet one of your father's brother to talk to him to see reasons to accept your wedding plans, it won't auger well for you to go ahead without his approval.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by AleAirHub(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Abi...
Well done jor cheesy cheesy cheesy
CASHCOW247:

grin
All this fathers blessings this....fathers blessings that really makes no sense. If one finds a woman to marry, one should seek God's blessings and go ahead with the marriage.

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Meliaen(f): 2:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olu20090:
I know you are most likely Yoruba because Yoruba parents like to interfere in their children's marriage or who they marry. And yoruba sons listen to them like babies. But this is totally opposite with Igbos; Igbo parents can never interfere in whom their sons choose to marry. They may advise their daughters but for the men, it's like man and man thing, no matter how powerful the father is, he lets his sons do as they wish!

I had the feeling he is yoruba while I was reading too. Although I didn't need to think that since I'm yoruba too. He's def yoruba.

Same way when I'm reading on marriage issues by an igbo, I would know it's igbo.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by ghettochild4u(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

It's against my faith bro. God had been arranging my life for me since, and this is one of God's institutions , I have to follow his rule..
Is[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]
Is it not d same God that said honour thy father and thy mother
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by sircrabo: 2:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
TheVictorious:

He should respect his fathers DECISIONS for his own marriage

Africa is a dangerous place to grow up in undecided embarassed

Africa is so frustrating. from Govt to the Home front. People frustrating people. Africn parents can be annoying and they are dream killers

2 Likes

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by trevorhorace(m): 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

Kindly advise....Thanks

simply inform your family members and in-laws about your pops behavior and decision . then go on with the wedding. By So doing, you already have an alibi. Move on with your wedding plans and pray he changes his mind.
Parental blessings are great but overrated. Afterall there are many married orphans doing well.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Emescot(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Noel1:

He never said he had not entered d place. He said he had not slept with her (on the same bed)
grin abeg i no wan laugh
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by andycom(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
lonelydora:

Orphans also have people who stand in as their fathers during marriage. If it was not important, no one would bother looking for someone to stand. Learn some traditions, bro

its no longer blessings but traditions, I laugh at your ignorance. you're so low behind
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Rozaytee: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Abeg forget dat ur Papa jare and live ur life he had lived his... He should leave u... Biko
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by hammerFC: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rozaytee:
Abeg forget dat ur Papa jare and live ur life he had lived his... He should leave u... Biko

he had lived his? Is he dead yet or just old? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Photo: Kind Of Friends You Shouldn’t Have Around Your Home If You Travel Alot / Father-Of-Five Absconds After His Wife Gave Birth To Quadruplets In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.