Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Father Refused To Attend My Wedding - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Refused To Attend My Wedding (45970 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by awumen: 6:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Pray and fast for 7 days then go back to him and plead with him, if the answer is still NO then go for court wedding in the interim atleast you can start chopping the kpekus to achieve pregnancy while we await his blessing.if you don't act these lady might eventually move ahead with all these delay plus drama
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 22, 2019
Chukabiz:
Okay.
Until i hear your fathers side of the story, i have no advice for you

NEXT PLEASE...

Best comment so far.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by tosyne2much(m): 6:58am On Apr 22, 2019
ZIMDRILL:

i think you are missing key things he said that makes it that the boy is driven by desire to marry due the fact that also for 7 years he hasnt slept with her

he "says mom passed away early this year right?"

then he informs family that he once to marry

the key word is mom passes away early this year roughly between jan-feb this is towards end of april meaning we got only march between early this year (jan-feb)

his father said wait for a year, if his father was giving him excuses after a year passed then we would say the father is wrong

we havent even reached half way march of the year and he thinks his father is being stubborn i dont think so

may be that how you do it nigeria am
a non nigeria

This is exactly what I'm saying... I think it's way too early to start planning your own marriage if one's mom actually passed away in February

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by kullozone(m): 6:58am On Apr 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Be patient, continue to make money, heed to your dad's advice, he knows best, why are you in a hurry to marry since you are not in your 30s? Or is it sex with her you're eager to taste, though I don't believe you've not had sex with her for 7 years, best of luck anyway.

His father doesn't know best. They should allow him make his choice and not try to rule his life. If he makes a mistake he'll face the consequencessmiley
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 22, 2019
I think I understand where he is coming from If she died truly this year then he is grieving and ideally having a wedding etc comes off as somehow don’t forget that some people actually sacrifice others. The brides family pays so he’s not worried about the expense it’s the timing
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Passionate888: 7:03am On Apr 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Be patient, continue to make money, heed to your dad's advice, he knows best, why are you in a hurry to marry since you are not in your 30s? Or is it sex with her you're eager to taste, though I don't believe you've not had sex with her for 7 years, best of luck anyway.
Unbeliever!
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 22, 2019
helpee:
You got married recently so you don't even know the kind of wife you see in fairytale. Ninety percent of marriages are like heaven on Earth the first year. You can only tell us your experience after at least 10yrs . I wish you marital bliss though but it is too early to know wether your wife was indeed worth the fight

Superb. Few human beings on nairaland
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by tosyne2much(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2019
[quote author=kingBenedict post=77746182]Just calm down for now, if he doesn't wanna see reasons with you, wait, focus on your business for now.... I also understand OP's situation..... him wan knack craze comot from the girl head too cos him talk say him never knack the girl since 2012 (hard to believe)....you never reach 30 self...na fvck dey worry OP jor....[/quote ] Funny stuff cheesy cheesy
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Olukologia24592(m): 7:14am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:

Very much understand bro, but little one can actually discuss on social media...
Call me 08162583177
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by cocolacec(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I am a popular jingo nairalander but got to hide under this moniker...

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

2: He said I should rather impregnate the girl (backdoor talk)

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

He cancelled my introduction without fixing a new date.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

And Also, God had supplied all I needed for my wedding from A-Z.

Do you think this is a cogent reason?. I want to ahead with my wedding plans...

Kindly advise....Thanks

Op kudos to you for abstaining from premarital sex in a corrupt generation,i will advise you to go ahead with your wedding plans at your own expense.
It could be your dad is not financially bouyant to foot the bills.Do not offend God because you want to please man.God’s blessing is the most important.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by selfemployed(m): 7:29am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

I have been dating my fiancee for the past 7 years, she had met my parents and I have met her's many times . We planned to get married earlier year. But it was the year my mother left this planet, I informed my family I wanted to get married but they declined, saying, it must be over years of mumsy's demise before I can marry.

We've fixed introduction days 3ice and it got cancelled by my father, what's his reason?

1. NYSC: I was posted to serve in the Northern part of the country 3 years ago, I went to camp, but I couldn't cope with the weather and couldn't leave my business as NYSC won't guarantee me job and I don't have other option. I absconded from the service and faced my business which I saved profits in 7 digits in same year, God made me comfortable.

I am close to my late 20s, he already banned all family members as many depend on him from attending my introduction.

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating...

Kindly advise....Thanks

A man is someone that can take a position on an issue, and stand by it irrespective of what other people think or do.

God is your true father, not your dad. Since you're on God's side, go ahead with the marriage irrespective of your dad. Build a godly home. Later on, your dad will realize himself and come to you to apologize.

And besides, you're joining yourself to your wife and need her trust more than your dad's.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by unimagin: 7:30am On Apr 22, 2019
Young man, NEVER YOU CONTINUE YOUR MARRIAGE PLAN WITHOUT YOUR FATHER'S CONSENT. Do everything possible to get your father's consent first. You're desperate to marry for reasons I don't know. My dear, marriage ......hmm never rush into it, it's not a child's play. Like somebody rightly pointed out, till we hear from ur father before he can advise, I believe there must be good reason from your father.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by obontami: 7:30am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

My in-law trust me and ready to release the lady to me as I haven't had sex with her since 2012 that we've been dating....

Kindly advise....Thanks

Are you serious? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by obontami: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Your dad is prolly planning to taste that kitty. It's a crazy world we living bruh.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Semperito31(f): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Olu20090:
I know you are most likely Yoruba because Yoruba parents like to interfere in their children's marriage or who they marry. And yoruba sons listen to them like babies. But this is totally opposite with Igbos; Igbo parents can never interfere in whom their sons choose to marry. They may advise their daughters but for the men, it's like man and man thing, no matter how powerful the father is, he lets his sons do as they wish!
Blatant lie......... This write up is Fallacy
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by aminusodiq(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2019
im a victim of such circumstances but not wit d mariage issue!!!

my advise to u is simple jd straight forward!!!!

if ur mom died earlier dis year, its not advisable to marry so soon, at least respect ur mother, u dont need ur dad to tell u dis!!!

2ndly, what an elder can see while sitin, u maynot see it even wen u climb the highest tower!!! listen to him so u wont regret!!! mayb dia is somtin he wants u to discover by getin her pregnant!!!! she might av crosed a pat wit ur dad before... u neva can tel!!! just chilax and listen!!! hes ur dad nd absolutely wil want d best for u!!!

listen to him
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Florblu(f): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2019
Donjazzy12:
Evil child!

Pele o, Holy child
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by bixton(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2019
deltateam:

What did he leave out? He's a yahoo boy?

You think there's no legimate way to hammer than Yahoo?
Dey there make pant wear you.

Did I question his source of income?
Your childish brain is getting a grip on you that's why you can't grasp the write up.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by frozen70(f): 7:40am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

Kindly advise....Thanks

Take it easy with him and your family

He was right to say that you will wait for one year because of the demise of your mum

But something is wrong somewhere of which you don't even know that the problem is

Involve some respectable people in your family or even the girl's parents to meet him and ask him what the problem really is ❓

As for your wife family, let them know exactly what you are passing through and am glad they are willing to release their daughter to you

You can start living with their daughter if you can't wait for your dad to open up what the problem is

That means she can still become pregnant while you are living with her and you can start a family even if you guys have not done the marriage rites

Be patience with your family because you alone can not make a forest

Your marriage rites can be done at anytime when the dust is settled

Lastly
Go into prayers as that's the inky option left now because your father wants to use his reggae and spoil your blues
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by bukatyne(f): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

Kindly advise....Thanks

When did your mom die?

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by deltateam: 7:43am On Apr 22, 2019
bixton:

Did I question his source of income?
Your childish brain is getting a grip on you that's why you can't grasp the write up.

You didn't need to. You lacked courage to voice it out.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by passey: 7:47am On Apr 22, 2019
Biglittlelois:

You are a smart person!

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 22, 2019
You need a thousand 'likes' and 'shares' on social media? Use religion as your story's wallpaper.

You want to puncture people's emotions and let the sympathies flow like a river? Wrap your story with religious sentiments.

Like somebody rightly said earlier, until we hear from the father's angle, this post remains incomplete and all the advises given are declared void..
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by RTSC: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2019
tosyne2much:
This is exactly what I'm saying... I think it's way too early to start planning your own marriage if one's mom actually passed away in February
Some children no be am at all.

The papa is even kind sef.

Some fathers would curse him for not paying proper respect.

The girl's family does not mind. They want their daughter to get married as soon as possible.

The boy wey suppose apply sense with his own father , no get at all.

1 Like

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by passey: 7:51am On Apr 22, 2019
MatthAnn:
Well in my own opinion
You don't have to live by someone else's rules, Bleep the rules,Bleep the system.
You make your own choices. Its either you always obey him and live the rest of your life regretting it or you think out of the box.
Your old man will surely come around no matter what you do. Just be sure of yourself and be sure of what you want.
Call him look him straight in the eyes and tell him that you can now make choices for yourself. You are no longer a kid but an adult.
Be WISE.

Not realistic
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Marriage26:
Good day nairalander,

Kindly advise....Thanks

Listen to your father, impregnate the girl!! na woman u carry for head like this?? I pity you
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 22, 2019
passey:

Not realistic
Well I was referring to the complainant and not you.
I will take his own opinion on my comment.
Thank you
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Viking007(m): 7:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
Most of the married people living in sorrows today were they not blessed by their parents ?

Parents blessing is nothing . Parents shouldn’t tell you what to when it comes to who to marry

Only Africans take this shît seriously
Underrated comment.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by passey: 7:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Well some people think marriage is all about the sex... Toto go tire you. You will be able to identify the smell of kpekus sef from afar. Dem go dey take am beg you sef, you go dey run.
Learn to glean knowledge from the advice and wisdom of those more experienced and older than yourself especially if they are God fearing.
Carry your family along because when the marriage red, you may need their support and guidance.
Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 22, 2019
If your father is that wicked (like you want people to believe) I wonder why you are still alive by now. It still baffles me that even when it is obvious that you have become richer than him, he did nothing to truncate your life in progress.

You, like most stubborn children, are too selfish to consider other people's opinion and feelings. I can't Imagine that you abandoned NYSC; a program with just a year life's span. If at all your business is the bases for your action, atleast, you are intelligent, (as you want us to believe) you should have maneuvered your way rather than rubbish the effort and sweat of the people that denied themselves luxury to see you through school.

Abegi.. 7 years with a girl, you no phuck, you no demand, the girl no phuck, she no demand. Guy, either you are deceiving yourself or the girl is deceiving you. U no phuck outside, the girl too no phuck outside.. Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Father Refused To Attend My Wedding by ericmor: 8:02am On Apr 22, 2019
From all u said n comment u made, to me, u must be an orrogant Christian and again you only looking at your dad’s stubbornness and not his reasons. In this case, someone truly need to hear from your dad to know what’s truly going on bcs something is pushing u. It could be ur girl friend or her family or the money u have and it could even be d sex

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Thelma Chiaka Gave Birth To Sextuplets In Texas (Photos) / Husband Takes His Christian Wife To Sharia Court For "Praying Too Much" (Photos) / Triplets Who Married Their Wives Same Day In Enugu Welcome Baby Boys - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.